PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Week 3 Inevitable QB Thread

Divebomb
08-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Holding on to the ball to long, to scared to throw the ball deep, hesitant to pull the trigger. This guy sucks!

Divebomb
08-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Way to go Carr, anyone rooting for this guy is out of there dang mind! He does not read the field he sucks he is a waste of time.

kbourda
08-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Holding on to the ball to long, to scared to throw the ball deep, hesitant to pull the trigger. This guy sucks!

Now tell me how you really feel.

Napa Auto Parts
08-27-2006, 08:16 PM
all of you are crazy its the system not Carr. :stirpot:

afcman
08-27-2006, 08:17 PM
When will enough be enough? This is why I would have liked to have seen us pick up a QB in the draft just to give Carr a kick.

Kind of like Jacksonville.....I've never been impressed with Leftwitch (sp?) but they keep holding on to him as their main QB.

pittbull
08-27-2006, 08:18 PM
I love Carr as a person, I believe he is a good man, has great character, and is a class at, but unfortunately, he's terrified. Usually, when QB's have fear in the back of their minds, their career is over. Everything that is being shown thus far, is the same response David had last year in the pocket. Dumping off to the RB's and TE's is not going to cut it. I realize that we are going against Denver that runs a similar offense to us, but Denver manager to get at least one drive going......oops almost every drive. Put Sage in and see what the guy can do. I'm convinced the offense will take an entire new look.:fireball: :bowser:

afcman
08-27-2006, 08:19 PM
A good QB can make good out of a bad system.

pittbull
08-27-2006, 08:19 PM
three completions in a row!!! Sorry folks, just extreme frustration early in the season.....I can't go through another 2005!

Txnpride
08-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Because we are playing the against the same system our coach is from????

Napa Auto Parts
08-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Because we are playing the against the same system our coach is from????

im being sarcastic trying my best imitation of a david carr homer.

Grid
08-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Yah he has looked bad enough that it makes me question his ability to lead this team.

What I hate most about his performance is that I know every jackhole on this board that despises Carr is getting thier lame sarcastic comments ready..and we are gonna hear a bunch of negative and useless bull**** for the rest of the week.

This isnt gonna be a very fun board this week.

LBC_Justin
08-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Way to go Carr, anyone rooting for this guy is out of there dang mind! He does not read the field he sucks he is a waste of time.
If you aren't rooting for our starting QB to play well, then you aren't that good of a fan.

Carr looked horrible. Yes.

I won't make excuses for him. Frankly I don't care who plays QB for us as long as they produce. I just don't think we should be rooting against any of our guys.

I expect them to give him a chance in the regular season. If he looks like this after game three. I expect him to be holding a clip board and watching Sage run the offense.

GO TEXANS

pittbull
08-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Sorry Dave, you know I love ya man.....just looked bad in the first 25 minutes!

chuckm
If we had Vince Young we'd be up by 6 touchdowns .... oh wait we didn't have the ball 6 times ..... no matter

afcman
I really hope Carr gets his act together....but if he don't then we shouldn't hold on to him. He's had MORE than enough time to get it together and that's what bothers me. It ain't all the fault of past coaching. Someone like Manning and Brady will improve no matter what.

Napa Auto Parts
08-27-2006, 08:40 PM
If we had Vince Young we'd be up by 6 touchdowns .... oh wait we didn't have the ball 6 times ..... no matter

may be not but at least vince would have and excuse he could use the famous im a rookie line some qb's 5 years in to the league cant.

but if we had reggie bush he would of scored 3 touchdowns for sure.

K.D.
08-27-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm watching play-by-play on nfl.com, what happened at the end of the half, we were driving but no info on what happened.

Divebomb
08-27-2006, 08:43 PM
He threw one deep, holy crap!!! Almost got it to. Carr has to start trusting his recievers more. On that last drive he looked like that was the case hemade some tight coverage throws and our guys made some great catches. That is all he has to do, throw the ball to our guys, trust in them, let them make the plays! Kubiak must have said throw the ball, regardless of tight coverage.

TEXANRED
08-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Kinda like reading this post.

texflex513
08-27-2006, 08:45 PM
I too am frustrated guys but lets wait until kubiak decides to pull the plug he is giving david every oportunity in a NEW SYSTEM i might add... If carr doesnt get it soon coach will sit him im sure.

TEXANS84
08-27-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm watching play-by-play on nfl.com, what happened at the end of the half, we were driving but no info on what happened.

Went for FG.

K.D.
08-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Went for FG.

So, Kris Brown missed another one, because they still have the score 0-0. thnks for the info.

Txnpride
08-27-2006, 08:52 PM
im being sarcastic trying my best imitation of a david carr homer.I agree brother...If you spar with a partner for 13 years, he tends to know your moves...."and that all I got to say about that" We will be fine:twocents:

tex
08-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Looks like the whole teams playing bad to me ,sacks,fumbles,dropped passes.I don't think Carr did all that by himself.

Eagles78
08-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Its too late for Carr. He has been scarred for life after the beating he took his first few years in the league

Txnpride
08-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Looks like the whole teams playing bad to me ,sacks,fumbles,dropped passes.I don't think Carr did all that by himself.
Not really playing bad,we are playing a "MUCH BETTER TEAM": and our coach is trying to install this type of system ....Kubs just came from this system....they know each other VERY WELL (NO SURPRISES) :poker: :poker:

Divebomb
08-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Slow start but looked good in 2nd half
Even I wass pissed about the first half, but the last drive in the first and the second half looked o.k. He needs to trust his recievers more.

Divebomb
08-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Carr looked much better on that last drive and on the series in the second half. The guy needs work for sure

Doom Capers
08-27-2006, 09:30 PM

i forgot, if you complete 77% of your passes it means you are no good

Divebomb
08-27-2006, 09:48 PM
i forgot, if you complete 77% of your passes it means you are no good

Oh o.k. You must not have seen the same first half that I was watching. 74% with 95% of those passes around 2 yards with the recievers making most of the yards. He did look better in the last 3 min of the firts half and the start of the 2nd but I am sorry he did not show up for the first 27 min of the game

bkimble
08-27-2006, 09:53 PM
Are we going to war with this guy? Boy this is scary stuff! We need a quarterback................. :chicken:

Tailgate
08-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Carr will be ok in the long run. We have yet to see Sage vs. first team defenses yet.

skillz24
08-27-2006, 09:56 PM
the only joke are these repeated carr bashing threads...stated by kubes he is our quarterback...there are many reason why you are paid nothing to voice your opinion and this guy has been paid millions for it time and again. stop wasting air with your useless chatter!!!!

LBC_Justin
08-27-2006, 09:57 PM
To me when I see Carr on the sidelines, in the huddle, on TV, pretty much anytime the guy seems like one cool character. But the second the ball is snapped he seems paniced and a little frantic.

His head twitches around looking for a guy kind of like a bird. It gives me a nervous feeling. Sage looks calmer, but I will make no claim that he is any type of long term solution or even a temporary one. If Sage ends up being the starter, we will probably be looking at a top 10 draft pick next year, regardless of the circumstances he gets the job. Our best hope is that Carr gets it together in regular season and turns this into a nice success story for our franchise.

other than penalties and a few costly mental mistakes I think the Texans did us proud. We do need to face a little reality and that reality is that Denver is a better team than us right now, and they played like it.

the wonger need food
08-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Unlike the face of the franchise, the guy is poised and decisive. He looks very comfortable running this offense. I still predict that Rosie will be starting before the season is over.

Carr apologist, bring on the negative rep...

Brandon420tx
08-27-2006, 09:58 PM
:brickwall You couldn't even wait till tommorrow?

OzzO
08-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Still who's man?

Hardcore Texan
08-27-2006, 10:01 PM
I smell 20 pages....

RTP2110
08-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Unlike the face of the franchise, the guy is poised and decisive. He looks very comfortable running this offense. I still predict that Rosie will be starting before the season is over.

Carr apologist, bring on the negative rep...

Yea he is poised and decisive against the 3rd team defense. Yay.

That has nothing with David Carr.

RTP2110
08-27-2006, 10:11 PM
C'mon people, it is what it is. Rosenfels signed on as a backup QB for the worst team in the league for a reason. Again this has nothing to do with defending Carr, it just is what it is. If Carr is benched, cut, injured, whatever, I'm not happy with Rosenfels as our starting QB.

RTP2110
08-27-2006, 10:17 PM
This reminds me of the Bush/Kerry election. So many people voted for Kerry just because he wasn't Bush. That's what is hapenning here. People call for Rosenfels just because they don't want to see Carr in there. Which is fine if that's thier opinion, but don't over value Rosenfels because of it.

Brandon420tx
08-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Do you believe everything you read?

Studies show that drinking your own pee-pee extends you lifespan by 5 months.

michaelm
08-27-2006, 10:21 PM
how come we are still looking for QB's? I found this article about the texans still looking for quarterbacks.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4143679.html

Who they are eyeing at is Bradlee Van Pelt. Who is he?

:confused:

Van Pelt is a back up with Denver that is rumored for possible release by the Broncos.

If we need a third stringer, he has familiarity with the Denver system.

Napa Auto Parts
08-27-2006, 10:23 PM
]']Damn, let our second string QB start. Sure he does not have zip on the ball that can burn Champ Bailey or avoid Al Wilson. Lets start him anyways.

your right anything is better than our current problem:cowboy1:

CoachJim
08-27-2006, 10:26 PM
He may have started slow but he finished with better stats than JPlummer. The guy has been hammered for the past 4 years ... do ya think he's gonna lose those game-speed jitters overnight? IMO he'll be fine. Theres a trust issue there with his Oline he's gonna have to get back before he'll stop hearing those footsteps. I'm very excited & encouraged by what I saw tonight especially by our defense. Sage didn't throw downfield much either & he was under much duress also.
I was on the Tacks MB earlier today & after reading threads complaining about VYs play, I feel pretty good about DCarr. Theres even a couple of alleged Texan faithful posting over there that were trashing the Texans & DCarr ... Hell, one of them was even trashing Hook'ems site. 3 games into the preseason & Tack-land is goin downhill fast already. I feel really good about where we are at this point even though we lost tonight.:twocents:

Buckle
08-27-2006, 10:26 PM
Im not surprised that Carr looks paniced! I mean cmon look at the beating the guy took for 4 years and that his offensive line has sucked for all of those years! And weird he doesn't have faith in recievers, I mean he is used to his recievers dropping EVERYTHING, even perfectly thrown balls to them when they are wide open!! Carr will be fine, I imagine he will prolly start the season slowly, but once the line really starts giving him time and he realizes that they are, and his recievers make a couple of good catches for him, he will start to come around! His confidence will grow from there and I can see him turning it on from there, and make drastic improvements! I link his shell shock to that of a qb coming back from an injury, they look a little shaky at first until they take those first couple of hits and get over that mental block of reinjuring themselves, except with carr its with sacks. I think once his online starts jelling and giving him time, and he gets over the metal hurdle of omg I'm about to get sacked get rid of the ball because thats all he is used to then once he has complete faith in his oline and the protection that he is getting you will see the improvement. Remember also that it took Plummer awhile to feel comfortable in the system and look at how he is performing now!

David's Busted Carr
08-27-2006, 10:27 PM
I don't understand Carr. He's been starting for 4 years now and he still looks lost. Is the guy just dumb or what? Even the announcers on NFL network said he had a "deer in the headlights look."

I mean, this guy is not a rookie anymore. When is he going to show some poise and confidence?

texflex513
08-27-2006, 10:30 PM
I don't understand Carr. He's been starting for 4 years now and he still looks lost. Is the guy just dumb or what? Even the announcers on NFL network said he had a "deer in the headlights look."

I mean, this guy is not a rookie anymore. When is he going to show some poise and confidence?

We had no offense for 2 out of the last 3 years. he has been sacked over 200 times. We just acquired an actual coaching staff...who brought in a new system how would you handle it?

David's Busted Carr
08-27-2006, 10:34 PM
We had no offense for 2 out of the last 3 years. he has been sacked over 200 times. We just acquired an actual coaching staff...who brought in a new system how would you handle it?

Well if he's damaged goods he needs to go then. He needs to be tougher mentally to get over it. The problem is he's developed some BAD habits and can't seem to break them.

bigtex77
I smell another merger.

Less than ten minutes, the mods are on the ball. :cowboy1:

rittenhouserobz
By your name alone I can see you are incapable of complimenting Carr; however, I have to admit I was doubting Carr the first two series, but he really turned it on at the end of the half. Don't forget, the coaches have the luxury of seeing Carr and Rosenfels in practice. I respect their decision to start Carr. That doesn't mean I would assume they would never replace Carr. It just means that Carr is the best we have right now.

By this time next year we could have a new starting QB. To be honest I would rather see Carr excel in this system like Plummer did when he left Arizona. I don't want to wait another 2-3 years for a rookie QB to learn the system.

BigDTexansFan
08-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Trust me, Carr has one more shot, he keeps blowing it, Kubiak will pull him and put Rosenfels in and let Carr sit and think for awhile

texflex513
08-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Well if he's damaged goods he needs to go then. He needs to be tougher mentally to get over it. The problem is he's developed some BAD habits and can't seem to break them.

And how long has kubiak had to make a difference or break those bad habits???? a season 2 seasons?? no A few ota's, training camp and 3 preseason games..I believe coach will turn him around but some fans just arent willing to wait.

texflex513
08-27-2006, 10:38 PM
Trust me, Carr has one more shot, he keeps blowing it, Kubiak will pull him and put Rosenfels in and let Carr sit and think for awhile I agree and if thats what it takes for carr to get better im for it 100% but that is coaches decision

Jwwillis
08-27-2006, 10:40 PM
By your name alone I can see you are incapable of complimenting Carr; however, I have to admit I was doubting Carr the first two series, but he really turned it on at the end of the half. Don't forget, the coaches have the luxury of seeing Carr and Rosenfels in practice. I respect their decision to start Carr. That doesn't mean I would assume they would never replace Carr. It just means that Carr is the best we have right now.

By this time next year we could have a new starting QB. To be honest I would rather see Carr excel in this system like Plummer did when he left Arizona. I don't want to wait another 2-3 years for a rookie QB to learn the system.

I agree, Carr is just a little jumpy. I sure hope he settles in. Meanwhile Sage showed great touch on the TD pass, he stood in a took his lumps. Im excited about the upcoming season.

Mr. Old School
08-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Even tonight's sportscasters were being polite with DC at times. They were saying things like..."He's still learning". Let's keep it real. This is Carr's FIFTH year. Yes, I know the O line has been weak since jumpstreet, but Carr should take the blame for 50% of the Texans losses since the franchise began. He's not the brightest bulb on the tree and doesn't demonstrate genuine leadership skills on the field. It seems like he's still playing college ball....and not very well at that. If Kubiak is a realist, he'll play Rosenfels this year sooner than later. Hear me now, believe me later.

texflex513
08-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Even tonight's sportscasters were being polite with DC at times. They were saying things like..."He's still learning". Let's keep it real. This is Carr's FIFTH year. Yes, I know the O line has been weak since jumpstreet, but Carr should take the blame for 50% of the Texans losses since the franchise began. He's not the brightest bulb on the tree and doesn't demonstrate genuine leadership skills on the field. It seems like he's still playing college ball....and not very well at that. If Kubiak is a realist, he'll play Rosenfels this year sooner than later. Hear me now, believe me later.

No capers and coaching staff should take the blame for 50% the oline 35% carr 10% and the defense5%

A realist doesnt apply to coach because he is that... but when you have the ability to make a QB better like kubiak does and you believe you can make it happen then you go for it and thats what coach is doing right now with carr

Mr. Old School
08-27-2006, 10:52 PM
OK TexFlex...you've got a bit more patience with Carr than I do. Maybe, you're just being polite. I spent a good sum of money on season tix, beer, food and parking for four years. I lost my patience this year. As a consumer, I will not renew until major changes are implemented to bring about at LEAST a .500 team.

infantrycak
08-27-2006, 10:56 PM
OK TexFlex...you've got a bit more patience with Carr than I do. Maybe, you're just being polite. I spent a good sum of money on season tix, beer, food and parking for four years. I lost my patience this year. As a consumer, I will not renew until major changes are implemented to bring about at LEAST a .500 team.

Have you missed the entire off-season and all the major changes or is the only major change which is acceptable a QB change?

Ironist
08-27-2006, 10:56 PM
You guys are ridiculous...

He started out shaky...which every QB does often...consider this, against an excellent Denver Defense, and AFTER a shaky start even (including a very odd and rare interception that was an excellent play), he went to pass for 15-22, a 68% completion percentage, and 130 yards in little over a quarter of play (I say a little over a quarter bc nearly all of these yards came in nearly over a quarter).

Why would we want Sage? He is a SOLID backup. There is a REASON Carr was picked #1, and its POTENTIAL, the same way mario has POTENTIAL. He has been in a screwed up system, and hopefully this year we will see that potential fulfilled.

How is Sage better?

Against a very, very good Denver D, Carr passed for 15-22 (again, 68%) for 130 yards in one half...

Against 2nd and 3rd string, Rosenfelds completed 65% of his passes. LESS THAN DAVID CARR.

And again, all that after a shaky start; I saw a poised, athletic QB making EXCELLENT throws leading my team.

I don't know what you people saw.

texflex513
08-27-2006, 10:57 PM
OK TexFlex...you've got a bit more patience with Carr than I do. Maybe, you're just being polite. I spent a good sum of money on season tix, beer, food and parking for four years. I lost my patience this year. As a consumer, I will not renew until major changes are implemented to bring about at LEAST a .500 team. And you are true fan for sacrificing your hard earned money to do so. The reality of it is we are basicly starting over and we are a bit ahead of schedule as a team who had been as bad as we were. And carr has been givin a clean slate its his job to lose and i trust that coach will bench him with the quickness if he starts to regress and does not respond to coaching.

infantrycak
08-27-2006, 10:59 PM

Many people on both sides of any NFL debate see exactly what they knew they would see before the game was ever played.

Carr Bombed
08-27-2006, 11:14 PM
We need to add a smille emotion, putting a gun to his head and pulling the trigger, but until then I'll just settle for this.......:deadhorse

thunderkyss
08-27-2006, 11:15 PM
You guys are ridiculous...

He started out shaky...which every QB does often...consider this, against an excellent Denver Defense, and AFTER a shaky start even (including a very odd and rare interception that was an excellent play), he went to pass for 15-22, a 68% completion percentage, and 130 yards in little over a quarter of play (I say a little over a quarter bc nearly all of these yards came in nearly over a quarter).

Why would we want Sage? He is a SOLID backup. There is a REASON Carr was picked #1, and its POTENTIAL, the same way mario has POTENTIAL. He has been in a screwed up system, and hopefully this year we will see that potential fulfilled.

How is Sage better?

Against a very, very good Denver D, Carr passed for 15-22 (again, 68%) for 130 yards in one half...

Against 2nd and 3rd string, Rosenfelds completed 65% of his passes. LESS THAN DAVID CARR.

And again, all that after a shaky start; I saw a poised, athletic QB making EXCELLENT throws leading my team.

Funny..... you don't sound like you're 17...... welcome aboard........

texflex513
08-27-2006, 11:19 PM
]']:deadhorse:

You guys do know that this is animal cruelty right...:hides:

Texans86
08-28-2006, 12:45 AM
David Carr's Preseason statistics so far:

Comp/Att: 28/44 (63.6%)
Yards: 250
Yards Per Attempt: 5.68
Yards Per Completion: 8.93
Touchdowns: 0
Interceptions: 1
Sacks/Yards Lost: 3/21
Rush Attempts: 5
Rushing Yards: 25
Yards Per Rush: 5

Statistically, he doesn't look too bad. In fact, I believe two of the sacks this preseason were OL responsibility. A few stats look negative to me, the yards per comletion is pretty low, and he hasn't gotten the team in the endzone. Tonight, I did not get to watch the game, but I read penalties helped kill a drive or two. Obviously those who get to watch the game may get a better view of Carr, but his statistics do not lie completely. He has improved since last year. Also, he has played some decent competition on the defensive side of the ball, Denver being the toughest. (KC has some decent corners out there.) One stat I did like to see tonight, Carr completed passes to seven different players. You will notice a correlation, when D.Carr passes to multiple people, we move down the field, when he focuses on one, we stall quickly. So, statistically I notice two things, we need to pass the ball around to more of our weopons, and we need to stop killing drives with penalties.

There's a few ideas for everyone to ponder, tear apart as you please.

Texans86
08-28-2006, 12:57 AM
Alright, I think in all fairness, I should probably put up S.Rosenfel's statistics thus far as well:

Comp/Att: 26/42 (61.9%)
Yards: 273
Yards Per Attempt: 6.5
Yards Per Completion: 10.62
Touchdowns: 1
Interceptions: 1
Sacks/Yards Lost: 0/0
Rush Attempts: 4
Rushing Yards: 8
Yards Per Rush: 2.0

There's your comparison. Number two QB against number 2 defenses does slightly better, or slightly worse, depending on which stat you are looking at. Completion percentage down, most everything else is ever so slightly better, against lesser competition, but with lesser talent around him. The hypothetical question will continue to be is S.Rosenfels better or worse with better talent around him, and better defenses coming at him. No one will really know unless it is tested, but looking at his stats, which for two's and three's can sometimes get easily inflated because of the competition they face, I believe he is still a lesser quarterback than Carr. Just my opinion of course.

It's quite possible I have no idea what I'm talking about though.

Grid
08-28-2006, 01:00 AM
If Carr plays like that this whole season, we are GOING to replace him. So take some comfort in that, and lets start supporting the team.

valleytexfan
08-28-2006, 01:16 AM
Texans' D played outstanding ball tonight. First-team offense came out jittery and Kubiak got on them. They finished the half very nicely. After tonight's game, is there reason to worry about the Texans or are too many fans hitting the panic button with both Carr and the team overall?

Roughnecks
08-28-2006, 01:21 AM
I wouldn't worry keep in mind who we were playing. Denver defence players even said it was like pratice because they see it every day so to come out and lose a close one like that really isn't that bad. Let's see next week when we play another tuff defence but this time they do not have the same playbook.

ledzeppelin229
08-28-2006, 01:22 AM
Texans' D played outstanding ball tonight. First-team offense came out jittery and Kubiak got on them. They finished the half very nicely. After tonight's game, is there reason to worry about the Texans or are too many fans hitting the panic button with both Carr and the team overall?

Is there reason to worry? No, not really. In the big picture a football game has very little relevance on how I will the rest of my life.

But in my narrow minded world that I enjoy living in, yes there is some reason to be concerned. Carr is like a robot with two different functions. Ask him to improvise at all and all you get is a "Does not compute. Does not compute." and an ugly array of error messages right up until the hard drive crashes and he throws an interception.

Now, I hope we see more Carr from the last 3 minutes of the second half and the partial 3rd quarter that he played. But honestly, after seeing the abomination of the first quarter last night, I'm going to question his ability until I'm proven wrong.

However the defense played pretty well and I think between them and the running game, and the WRs bailing out Carr now and then, we can be a decent team. However for us to be better than just below average he's going to have to step up his game.

HJam72
08-28-2006, 04:02 AM
Speaking of Carr and horses, I think we may have to shoot him. :brickwall

Nighthawk
08-28-2006, 04:35 AM
Carr comments are all over the board, spread around in different threads, which makes it seem like there's not that much to say about Carr, but after three preseason games there ought to be a lot to say, and it ought to be in one place.

I agree with a lot of what I've read here -- he hasn't done that well, looks like last year's Carr, frantic, seems to lack poise under pressure, has a strong arm but isn't using it all that much, his running throws are awkward and not all that accurate, etc. Does not inspire confidence in even the most rabid fans (like many here).

Rosenfels is an unknown, seems pretty smooth but hasn't played against the top competition. Who knows what he'd be like under pressure. Seems to run the offense more smoothly but seems to have more open receivers than Carr (could be 2nd team stuff, could be timing, I guess).

What worries me about all this is that we don't really have a GOOD 2nd option after Carr. I mean, I'm worried that we DON'T have a QB controversy because we don't have a 2nd QB that people think could do the job.

Looking at Cutler tonight, he's got amazing poise and control for a rookie, a strong arm, he's accurate as heck, and has the look of a top quality QB in a year or two. We don't have that.

For my two cents Ill say this: I wish we had somebody like that on our roster.

My guess is Carr's going to come around some this year (he looked OK at the end of the 1st half, and the beginning of 2nd tonight), but not enough to be the kind of QB you need to win the big games. Maybe it's the whipping he took the first four years, or maybe he never had "it" in the first place, but I'm thinking it doesn't really matter now.

Now we have to draft or acquire a potential starting QB.

Mysteryhunt
08-28-2006, 05:10 AM
since aquiring another qb will not be a possibility until next offseason at the earliest via draft or trade, let's put the carr judgement on hold at least that long since there is nothing we can do about it anyways. if we win 7+ games this year with carr i think we can consider him a success. i mean it took jake the snake a few years to get it together in denver since arizona basically miscoached him and didnt play to his strengths. i think carr is in somewhat of the same boat.

Texanfan4ever
08-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Are ya'll seriously having this discussion? Give it a rest.....

Doom Capers
08-28-2006, 07:24 AM
Eli Manning was 10-20 for 107 yards or something with an INT in seven series. Do they need to draft a qb too?

HJam72
08-28-2006, 08:07 AM
Eli Manning was 10-20 for 107 yards or something with an INT in seven series. Do they need to draft a qb too?

No, absolutely not. They need to trade Manning for Carr. :drool:

thunderkyss
08-28-2006, 08:19 AM

Depends on what you are expecting...... we should be a lock to finish better than 2-14......

We have a tough schedule........

But even screwing up, we are playing good football.

nunusguy
08-28-2006, 08:24 AM
Carr was inconsistant again last night, but once again also showed his talent.
That was a great ball he thru deep to Moulds. Maybe a little long, but a real rainbow which only Moulds (and not the DB), could have caught. And the pass
to AJ should have been a completion. Our often described "best player" should
make that catch.

texan279
08-28-2006, 09:36 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4145078.html

DENVER Midway through the second quarter, David Carr made one of those plays that surely will keep Gary Kubiak up at night.

It's the kind of play Carr shouldn't make after 59 NFL starts. It's the kind of play that will raise a lot of old doubts about Carr and will be an indication Kubiak's reconstruction of his quarterback won't be quick or painless.

Carr dropped back to pass, and even though he had no pressure, even though he had plenty of time to look downfield, he unloaded the ball quickly.

It's not just that he got rid of the ball too quickly. It's not just that the clock in his head is running too fast, that he's hearing footsteps that aren't there. It's what he did with the ball that's just as troubling. He threw it into double coverage.

He could have thrown it away, or he could have taken a sack, or he could have found an open receiver. The thing Carr isn't supposed to do when he's backed up to his 20-yard line is risk a turnover. Yet he did.

Running back Wali Lundy had two defenders around him, and only a perfect throw would have resulted in a completion. Instead, Carr threw behind Lundy, and the ball popped into the air and into the hands of Denver's D.J. Williams.

On a night the Texans generated almost nothing offensively against Denver's starting defense, on a night there were too many penalties, too many mistakes and too few yards, that play stands out.

Hear that low rumble in the distance? That's the sound of a quarterback controversy.

Backup Sage Rosenfels outplayed Carr on Sunday night, completing 10 of 15 attempts and leading the Texans to their only touchdown in a 17-14 loss to the Denver Broncos.

Carr played almost three quarters and generated two field goals. Progress? No.

Before you scream for Rosenfels, remember he looked sharp against guys who won't play in the NFL this season. In five NFL seasons, he started twice. There's no reason to believe he's the answer.

The Texans have invested millions of dollars and four years in David Carr. They have to keep going, keep hoping. They might get there, but nights like this are a reminder there's work to do.

thunderkyss
08-28-2006, 09:40 AM
To me when I see Carr on the sidelines, in the huddle, on TV, pretty much anytime the guy seems like one cool character. But the second the ball is snapped he seems paniced and a little frantic.

I'm honestly not seing that at all.

His head twitches around looking for a guy kind of like a bird.

I've yet to see him go through a progression. But he wasn't bouncing in the pocket like he did against KC or StL, which is a testament to him, being that Denver definitely brought more pressure.

It gives me a nervous feeling. Sage looks calmer, but I will make no claim that he is any type of long term solution or even a temporary one. If Sage ends up being the starter, we will probably be looking at a top 10 draft pick next year, regardless of the circumstances he gets the job.

They probably said the same thing in NewEngland a few years back.

Our best hope is that Carr gets it together in regular season and turns this into a nice success story for our franchise.

hmm.......

other than penalties and a few costly mental mistakes I think the Texans did us proud. We do need to face a little reality and that reality is that Denver is a better team than us right now, and they played like it.

true

infantrycak
08-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Richard Justice doesn't even know what double coverage is--he is a baseball guy who likes to take controversial stances and only visits the subject of football when he can parrot concerns from the MB or radio callers into a cute headline.

PhillyFan
08-28-2006, 11:44 AM

Summing up the bust that is david carr. What was it? $8 mil. flushed down the toilet with this guy? I would have never signed this loser and grabbed Leinart or Cutler who are both vastly superior to this zero.

When does this franchise move on and become a winner because I can guarantee that they won't be playoff caliber with this guy, let alone a Super Bowl contender.

15 completions for 122 yards? Let's see. That's 8 yards a completion...PATHETIC. Why have WR's? Let alone Moulds and AJ? Trade them and get some TE's and more runing backs to dump the ball off to.

GET RID OF THIS BUM NOW!!!!!!!!!! The $8 mil. is gone but don't flush the season down the toilet with this loser.

While I think your post could have possibly been a little better thought out, I do actually agree with some of it.

Granted, Carr has only had 4 years, and hasnt exactly had a spectacular supporting cast...but he has been completely less than impressive.

The Texans could have quite possibly traded their overall #1 for 3 first round picks, or 2 decent ones, and another second. Giving them the opportunity to grab Cutler (who was my favorite QB in this draft) and helping out with at least 1 other position.

But, whats done is done, and hopefully Carr starts showing something.

texflex513
08-28-2006, 11:59 AM
While I think your post could have possibly been a little better thought out, I do actually agree with some of it.

Granted, Carr has only had 4 years, and hasnt exactly had a spectacular supporting cast...but he has been completely less than impressive.

The Texans could have quite possibly traded their overall #1 for 3 first round picks, or 2 decent ones, and another second. Giving them the opportunity to grab Cutler (who was my favorite QB in this draft) and helping out with at least 1 other position.

But, whats done is done, and hopefully Carr starts showing something.

Yea i agree hopefully he starts to play well on sept 10th...Well enough for us to win that game...wait who are we playing on sept 10th..:hmmm:

Chance_C
08-28-2006, 12:10 PM
since aquiring another qb will not be a possibility until next offseason at the earliest via draft or trade, let's put the carr judgement on hold at least that long since there is nothing we can do about it anyways.

Now why would we want to do that? OK everyone, no discussing our starting QB....

I've never said anything bad about him before today. I'm not bashing him, I'll never call him a bum or a loser like alot of people who use those terms so freely. But, I am a Texan fan first and foremost. I've wanted DC to succeed since day one because he is a Texan, but if he's not getting the job done at some point we have to do something else. I believe that if that time comes coach Kubiak will have no problem with that.

I've put as much blame on his performance on the OL, the former coaching staff, not having enough options, etc... But he has a new coach (a damn good one at that), a proven system (where he doesn't have to be a stud), alot more options, an improved OL, and he still looks the same through the OTA's, training camp, and three preseason games. Just wait everyone says....well, I'm getting tired of waiting, and starting to wonder. Let me put it this way, he doesn't look alot better in this system than he did in the previous one.

Rightnow
08-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Carr is playing like a rookie. That may be a good thing. Playing like a rookie means he is giving it his best, struggling, and willing to be coached. If he was playing like a burned-out fourth year vet who refused to listen, then I'd really be worried. So will Carr exit his new rookie phase soon? I'd put the odds at 50-50. If he doesn't and we go 0-2, he will be benched.

The previous coaching regimes were fools to let a first pick QB take the four year pounding Carr did. Having three or four different play books and coddling him didn't help either. Take any QB in the history of the game and let him get sacked a record number of times over four years while having to deal with an overly conservative offensive scheme and the results will be about the same.

Even still, Carr still needs to improve dramatically if he wants to be the starter. I think he understand the offense well enough, and has the physical skills. Somebody just needs to give him a vallium before the game to settle down. All of the years of sacks have made him like a cat on a hot tin roof.

Like I said, 50-50 he makes the season as the starter. I sure hope he succeeds because if he doesn't it means the Texans are losing.

TexanFanInCC
08-28-2006, 12:45 PM

the system?!!! what do u mean the freakin system!! carr stinks!! i agree with divebomb! aahh..

LOL u wanted to stir the pot. :stirpot:

dont worry folks im not crazy about it, but i will still agree that david carr is simply being outplayed by rosenfels. sage has 2 tds, carr has 0. and no excuses about WR's not getting open. u mean to tell me that at least one of these guys: moulds, AJ, putzier, and walter are never open? carr has too many options!

chuckm
08-28-2006, 12:47 PM
the system?!!! what do u mean the freakin system!! carr stinks!! i agree with divebomb! aahh..

Napa's being sarcastic ..... he's a Carr Hater from way back ... even before Vince Young ....

infantrycak
08-28-2006, 01:46 PM
The really sad thing about Justice's article is how ignorant of Carr it is. His biggest problem now is not a problem he had nearly as bad if at all as a rookie--looking and throwing down field. He is definitely playing below average right now, but he is playing like a beat up vet not a rookie.

RTP2110
08-28-2006, 06:59 PM
david carr is simply being outplayed by rosenfels. sage has 2 tds, carr has 0.

So by your logic, Derrick Lewis should be our #1 WR right? I mean he has 2 TDs and Andre Johnson has 0.

Second Honeymoon
08-28-2006, 07:02 PM

Summing up the bust that is david carr. What was it? $8 mil. flushed down the toilet with this guy? I would have never signed this loser and grabbed Leinart or Cutler who are both vastly superior to this zero.

When does this franchise move on and become a winner because I can guarantee that they won't be playoff caliber with this guy, let alone a Super Bowl contender.

15 completions for 122 yards? Let's see. That's 8 yards a completion...PATHETIC. Why have WR's? Let alone Moulds and AJ? Trade them and get some TE's and more runing backs to dump the ball off to.

GET RID OF THIS BUM NOW!!!!!!!!!! The $8 mil. is gone but don't flush the season down the toilet with this loser.

Spoken like a real fan and not one of these homer Carr lovers. SOme of these guys must have pictures of Carr in their high school lockers....makes me sick how they make excuse after excuse for this disaster of a QB....THIS IS HIS FIFTH YEAR!!! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!! HE STILL SUCKS!!!

turn page and cut this worthless pile of garbage at QB,
doug from the woodlands

p.s. waaaaah, the negative rep is hurting me.....who the *bleep* cares jerek....if I get negative rep from a homer, I consider it a badge of honor