PDA

View Full Version : Ryans is all over the place!!

AUSTexan
08-27-2006, 07:46 PM
I know some of you guys have been high on Demeco for a while now... I've been a bit reserved about a rookie starting at Mike, since so many calls come through...

I've got to say, though... he's playing lights out so far today - he's all over the place!

Divebomb
08-27-2006, 07:51 PM
Too bad the looks like crap

jniner
08-27-2006, 07:52 PM
yea he looks real good. All over the place and reading the run well.

texflex513
08-27-2006, 08:32 PM
yea he looks real good. All over the place and reading the run well.

meco meco meco

pittbull
08-27-2006, 08:37 PM
The dude is a monster! 8 tackles in the first half alone!!!!

the wonger need food
08-27-2006, 09:06 PM
The dude is a monster! 8 tackles in the first half alone!!!!

Defensive Rookie of the Year in the making...

Eagles78
08-27-2006, 09:15 PM
At least he's been playing well unlike that other defensive guy they drafted...and dont give me this its not all about the sacks and tackles im watching the game Williams has done nothing and the fact that its preseason doesnt excuse him from playing poorly. Nice pick with Ryans though

Goldeagle
08-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Ryans looks like the #1 pick lol

bigtex77
08-27-2006, 10:21 PM
At least he's been playing well unlike that other defensive guy they drafted...and dont give me this its not all about the sacks and tackles im watching the game Williams has done nothing and the fact that its preseason doesnt excuse him from playing poorly. Nice pick with Ryans though

It's not all about the sacks, besides, it's only preseason. Now will you go back to your own board? :rolleyes:

WILLIEG
08-27-2006, 10:28 PM
Ryans and everyone else on the defense are steadily improving every game!

CoachJim
08-27-2006, 10:33 PM
It's not all about the sacks, besides, it's only preseason. Now will you go back to your own board? :rolleyes:

What he said ... Don't go away mad, just go away.

WILLIEG
08-27-2006, 10:42 PM
Hey guys, is it just me or does it seem like people are stating to worry about us, because Ive never seen this many trolls on our MB.

Jwwillis
08-27-2006, 10:48 PM
The Texans made "The Master Mind" sweat a little today. It was fun to watch. You could tell Shanahan was pissed he wasn't blowing the Texans out by 30. He wasnt kidding when he said "Those guys have a good team over there." Eagles are going down! :texflag:

Vinny
08-27-2006, 10:52 PM
DeMeco ROY bandwagon starts here. All aboard

whiskeyrbl
08-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Meco was awesome tonite. And Eagles Fan Mario did just fine. In the backfield a few times. And if I'm not mistaken when Peek and Ryans got to Plummer untouched wasn't that because there were 2-3 guys on Mario? Give it time the best is yet to come.:fireball:

bigtex77
08-27-2006, 10:54 PM

I've been on it since the draft, I would have been a Demeco fan regardless of who drafted him, so I was thrilled when he fell to us. He looks like a stud.

RiotCommander
08-27-2006, 10:56 PM

Where do I get a ticket? =) Linebackers are a good bet to win Defensive MVP, if Mario doesn't take away too many votes he could win it.

infantrycak
08-27-2006, 10:57 PM

I'm cracking up at the guy who told me Ryans was unsuited for MLB and not likely to crack the starting lineup.

Txn_in_Oki
08-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Wanted to start this thread myself but you beat me to it.

I FINALLY see a game and FINALLY see what all the fuss is about. The whole first half was Ryans on tackle, Ryans on tackle, Ryans on tackle. If he wasn't actually bringing the guy down he was within a few feet of the play.

Like I said in another thread, I have finally found a player worth spending the cash on for a jersey.

Freaking monster that guy is. AND just a rookie.

I was damn near screaming like a chick at a Beatles concert.

:bananasplit:

mexican_texan
08-27-2006, 11:49 PM
As for DROy, I'm starting to like Antonio Cromartie, since he's on one of my FF teams(just picked up Ryans and traded for Mario, though) and apparently, Cromartie has looked good in practice.

In this day, coaches and scouts are putting too much emphasis on the combine and not looking at the player for what he is: a player. Lofa Tatupu last year and DeMeco Ryans this year, two talented linebackers who dropped because of concerns of speed or size. It's not how fast you tackle the ball carrier, its just that you hit him, and hit him hard. Heck, Morlon Greenwood is fast and he isn't quite a Pro Bowl LB.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-27-2006, 11:55 PM

Sorry, but I'm not one of those that says that sacks and tackles for that "other defensive guy" aren't important. Of course sacks and tackles are important. So, when Mario gets more sacks and tackles throughout the year. Then, only then will your argument simply fade away.

P.S. This is a DeMarco Ryans thread. Stay on topic. You want to bash Mario. Start your own thread.

O.G.
08-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Hey guys, is it just me or does it seem like people are stating to worry about us, because Ive never seen this many trolls on our MB.

Good point

quicksilver
08-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Sorry, but I'm not one of those that says it's *not* all about the sacks and tackles. Of course sacks and tackles are important. So, when Mario gets more sacks and tackles throughout the year. Then, only then will your argument simply fade away.

Will you have that same view when the Texans' D as a whole has the NFL's largest improvement in sacks from '05 to '06 and Mario is double teamed on every play (except for the plays on which he's triple teamed)? Will personal sack numbers still convince you that Mario did not made this defense significantly better despite holding the focus of opposing offenses while his teammates landed more hits?

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Will you have that same view when the Texans' D as a whole has the NFL's largest improvement in sacks from '05 to '06 and Mario is double teamed on every play (except for the plays on which he's triple teamed)? Will personal sack numbers still convince you that Mario did not made this defense significantly better despite holding the focus of opposing offenses while his teammates delivered the blow?

quicksilver, re-read Eagles78's post ,then re-read my rebut to him.

O.G.
08-28-2006, 12:02 AM
I'm cracking up at the guy who told me Ryans was unsuited for MLB and not likely to crack the starting lineup.

Meco is too small for MLB.....Meco's 40 time wasn't fast enough.....Meco is a rookie.....you know I don't see to many chomping there bits at another rookie that was picked ahead of him....going to Green Bay that is that might get beat out by another Rookie MLB. Bottom line, Meco didn't just become good, he has played with this instinct and tanasity for a while.

quicksilver
08-28-2006, 12:04 AM
quicksilver, re-read my rebut to Eagles78.

:) That double negative is still throwing me.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-28-2006, 12:05 AM
:) That double negative is still throwing me.

Yep, the *not.* Sorry...:)

Removed double negative.

SAMURAITEXAN
08-28-2006, 12:08 AM
DeMeco!! DeMeco!! DeMeco!!

quicksilver
08-28-2006, 12:09 AM
Yep, the *not.* Sorry...:)

Removed double negative.

Suddenly I'm fully on your side. :ok:

AggieTexanFan
08-28-2006, 01:05 AM
This guy looks like a beast in the making. When he fell to the second round and everyone said he was a first round talent, I now see what they were talking about.

It's nice to see 2 rookies setting the foundation of greatness on our D. Hopefully they will be around for a long time.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-28-2006, 01:38 AM
I like Demeco better than A.J. Hawk for Ohio State pure animal tonight.....

CoachJim
08-28-2006, 07:22 AM

I got on 2 days ago Vin ... does that mean Imma in the FRONT ROW??!!...

HJam72
08-28-2006, 08:09 AM
I think we need to start a petition to get Ryans to stop hogging all the tackles. Those other guys wanna play too. :shoot:

AFD1717
08-28-2006, 08:44 AM
I said Ryans would make a good MLB when he puts on some weight. I guess he's been eating. Or maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about. I have a feeling it's the latter.

Texas
08-28-2006, 08:50 AM
Very talented player he was everywhere...He has great awareness...He will form into the next ray lewis..

HOOK'EM
08-28-2006, 08:57 AM
The Texans made "The Master Mind" sweat a little today. It was fun to watch. You could tell Shanahan was pissed he wasn't blowing the Texans out by 30. He wasnt kidding when he said "Those guys have a good team over there." Eagles are going down! :texflag:

Hopefully they can keep us in all the games.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
08-28-2006, 09:01 AM
Demeco like football. Demeco hungry. Demeco find football.

U4ikrob
08-28-2006, 09:03 AM
My boy "D-Wreck" :bowser: turned in yet another stand out show last night in Denver - leading the team again in Tackles - Ive been a Bama fan for years and loved watching this guy coming up - He can just smell the ball and its always fun to watch him. It was too awesome seeing him get drafted by the Texans and gettign to watch him play here now. IMO he's another Singletary in the making!! D-Roy All the way baby!!

nunusguy
08-28-2006, 09:16 AM
DeMeco and Mario should swap compensation packages.

Runner
08-28-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm glad we didn't blow our 2nd pick on Winston like so many of our draft experts wanted to. Ryans is the real deal.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
08-28-2006, 09:19 AM
My boy "D-Wreck" :bowser: turned in yet another stand out show last night in Denver - leading the team again in Tackles - Ive been a Bama fan for years and loved watching this guy coming up - He can just smell the ball and its always fun to watch him. It was too awesome seeing him get drafted by the Texans and gettign to watch him play here now. IMO he's another Singletary in the making!! D-Roy All the way baby!!

Roll Tide Roll!

Just ask Texas Tech what they think about Demeco.

Eagles78
08-28-2006, 12:02 PM
What he said ... Don't go away mad, just go away.
What should I be mad at? Im actually very happy because I was expecting a good game from the Texans week 1 but as preseason continues I remain unimpressed

rmartin65
08-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Ryans was amazing. 8 1/2 tackles in half. I think i saw a pass deflection too. Thats ridiculous for a rookie.

HOU-TEX
08-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Ryans was amazing. 8 1/2 tackles in half. I think i saw a pass deflection too. Thats ridiculous for a rookie.

I saw that. It was more of a tip, right? I wish he would've gotten a bigger peice of it. They ended up completing it anyways. At least I think that's the tip you're speaking of.:spy:

BradK10
08-28-2006, 04:34 PM

i started it back on draft day with the Lofa comparisons ;)

rmartin65
08-28-2006, 05:50 PM
I saw that. It was more of a tip, right? I wish he would've gotten a bigger peice of it. They ended up completing it anyways. At least I think that's the tip you're speaking of.:spy:
I did not see the game, I was reading on nfl.com.

run-david-run
08-28-2006, 05:57 PM
He also had a sack...boy was everywhere

Porky
08-28-2006, 08:18 PM
i started it back on draft day with the Lofa comparisons ;)

Oh ya, I started it when his Mama was 3 months pregnant with him. Beat that.

:francis:

RiotCommander
08-28-2006, 08:33 PM
He also had a sack...boy was everywhere

He didn't get credit for that sack early. Plummer obviously threw the ball away, but the refs let him get away with it.

AUSTexan
08-28-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm glad we didn't blow our 2nd pick on Winston like so many of our draft experts wanted to. Ryans is the real deal.

That's sure the truth... and I have to sheepishly admit that I wanted a corner in the 2nd round....

I'd like a reserved business class seat on Vinny's Meco bandwagon please...

Chu Chu...

Second Honeymoon
08-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Ryans looks like a stud. I saw him dominate a bunch at Bama and thought he could really make some noise in the NFL. He led a defense at Bama that won games despite their offense, looks like he will be right at home here in Houston......He looks great and hopefully can bring some real leadership both on the field and in the locker room...
*cough* Carr sucks *cough*

doug