PDA

View Full Version : E-specially S-tupid P-undit N-erds

CloakNNNdagger
08-27-2006, 08:03 PM
I think I just heard the most stupid commentary I’ve ever heard spew from the mouth of an ESPN commentator. Faulk just a few minutes ago on the Pregame Show was harping on how the Texans screwed up because a RB will always be more valuable to a team than a DE. His counterpart (surprisingly enough) defended the Mario pick for “need.” He pointed out that Kub has historically proved that a RB can be plugged into the SYSTEM. Faulk then comes out with the winner words of wisdom.................”If the SYSTEM is all you needed, then you wouldn’t need players.” When questioned what the heck he meant by that, he repeated, ”If the SYSTEM is all you needed, then you wouldn’t need players.”

Texas
08-27-2006, 08:10 PM
You need the players but I agree kubiak can fit RB's into a system and make it work...He will do it again I beleive

Kaiser Toro
08-27-2006, 08:11 PM
I think I just heard the most stupid commentary I’ve ever heard spew from the mouth of an ESPN commentator. Faulk just a few minutes ago on the Pregame Show was harping on how the Texans screwed up because a RB will always be more valuable to a team than a DE. His counterpart (surprisingly enough) defended the Mario pick for “need.” He pointed out that Kub has historically proved that a RB can be plugged into the SYSTEM. Faulk then comes out with the winner words of wisdom.................”If the SYSTEM is all you needed, then you wouldn’t need players.” When questioned what the heck he meant by that, he repeated, ”If the SYSTEM is all you needed, then you wouldn’t need players.”

I was watching Faulk with Mariucci on NFL Network.

Ibar_Harry
08-27-2006, 08:12 PM

Of course Kubiak's system is an insult to a gifted running back, because Kubiak says we can do what you do most of the time with someone who is somewhat above average. All they have to do is find the hole. No, we won't have the break away threat as a whole, but we will be able to plug a number of backs into the system if someone gets hurt. Yes, it makes running backs less valueable as a whole.

The game continues to change rapidly, because of the size, speed and quickness of the defensive players. Containment is becoming a very big thing. Getting around the DE is becoming harder and harder. White would be a great player in Kubiak's system, not Bush.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Faulk then comes out with the winner words of wisdom.................”If the SYSTEM is all you needed, then you wouldn’t need players.” When questioned what the heck he meant by that, he repeated, ”If the SYSTEM is all you needed, then you wouldn’t need players.”

Yeah, and Rich Isen said that he hope that Mario gets 3 sacks so Falk can try to defend his statments.

Then, Falk says, "It wont matter. It's only pre-season."

LOL! Falk was just being a dolt.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Of course Kubiak's system is an insult to a gifted running back, because Kubiak says we can do what you do most of the time with someone who is somewhat above average. All they have to do is find the hole. No, we won't have the break away threat as a whole, but we will be able to plug a number of backs into the system if someone gets hurt. Yes, it makes running backs less valueable as a whole.

The game continues to change rapidly, because of the size, speed and quickness of the defensive players. Containment is becoming a very big thing. Getting around the DE is becoming harder and harder. White would be a great player in Kubiak's system, not Bush.

Bingo.

AUSTexan
08-27-2006, 08:42 PM

I've heard very little from Mr. Faulk that actually was intelligent...

texflex513
08-27-2006, 08:45 PM

Faulk is clueless lol He is just thinking back to when he was a young RB.... He is a RB HOMER.

kbourda
08-27-2006, 08:58 PM
God forbid anyone having a different opinion. Look, I hate coming on this MB seeing unlimited rants stating, "Look What Happened to So and So in "X" Game Last Night So They Were the Right/Wrong Pick". The F'ing draft is over, ok. Personally, I don't care what anyone has to say (draft) about it (pro or con). The only difference between them (ESPN) and you (whoever started this thread or various others like this one), ESPN as an avenue by which to say it on a nation level. It does not make them right. Nor does it make them wrong. Settle down people.

kbourda
08-27-2006, 08:59 PM

And one more thing, if you are going to talk about someone at least know who they work for! Faulk (NFL Network)

Divebomb
08-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Faulk is a has been.

LBC_Justin
08-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Faulk will always defened his former position.

Also, he will always claim it isn't the system, because many credit much of Faulks success to Mike Martz system. Same reason T. Davis never gives too much credit to the Denver system because it deminishes his individual accomplishments.

Watching our defense play I think we made a GREAT draft pick.

the wonger need food
08-27-2006, 10:27 PM
oops... wrong thread...

chuckm
08-27-2006, 10:28 PM
oops... wrong thread...

we just punted

jerek
08-27-2006, 11:04 PM
That's weird ... I was pretty sure Faulk was one of the guys defending the Mario pick on NFL Network not long back ... either one of us has the wrong guy, or he's got a personality disorder.

CoachJim
08-27-2006, 11:37 PM

Thats the old cliche' 'Playing the game on paper', Doc. Unfortunatley for him, it's still played on grass.

BigDTexansFan
08-27-2006, 11:42 PM

Qualifications for ESPN analyst

1) Big mouth
2) Little or no knowledge
3) Brain on disconnect
4) inflated self-worth of opinions

Michael Irvin did same thing 1st day of draft "How stupid do you have to be you can't win without offense, defense is meaningless offesne is only thing that matters" Tom Jackson asked about phrase "Defense wins championships".

Irvin started talking crazy and I noticed rest of hosts looked like if Tom got out of his chair they were out of it, they did shut Irvin up and move on. I personally having heard WAY TOO MUCH of his ignorant mouth..wanted Jackson to punch him.

cbnjwill
08-28-2006, 12:30 AM
man it amazes me how upset some of you get when their are people who dont agree with some of the texans decisions or like some of their players. you can be a fan of a team and not like everything they do. it seems like most peope in this message believe everything the organiztion does or says is the right thing. alot of you sound like robots who must be on the texans payroll because all i read is how defense wins championships and mario was a great pick and kubiak can make every rb look good. yes terrel davis was a sixth round pick but they also used high draft picks on rb's as well. portis second round tatum bell second round heck they evern used a third round pick on maurice clarrett.im a huge texans fan but i will be the first to admit they are doing something wrong. its good to see the positives but dont let it blind you from the truth. shoot theres alot of people who think david carr is a really good qb, come on guys wake up and smell reality. my only hope for carr is he can be an average qb but dont really see that either. man did we keep our receipt on that 8million bonus i want a refund

texflex513
08-28-2006, 12:33 AM
oops... wrong thread...

I think the WONGER NEED SAGE...:redtowel:

texflex513
08-28-2006, 12:35 AM
man it amazes me how upset some of you get when their are people who dont agree with some of the texans decisions or like some of their players. you can be a fan of a team and not like everything they do. it seems like most peope in this message believe everything the organiztion does or says is the right thing. alot of you sound like robots who must be on the texans payroll because all i read is how defense wins championships and mario was a great pick and kubiak can make every rb look good. yes terrel davis was a sixth round pick but they also used high draft picks on rb's as well. portis second round tatum bell second round heck they evern used a third round pick on maurice clarrett.im a huge texans fan but i will be the first to admit they are doing something wrong. its good to see the positives but dont let it blind you from the truth. shoot theres alot of people who think david carr is a really good qb, come on guys wake up and smell reality. my only hope for carr is he can be an average qb but dont really see that either. man did we keep our receipt on that 8million bonus i want a refundI personally just trust the coach.... compared to never having trust in the previous coach..:twocents:

BigDTexansFan
08-28-2006, 12:39 AM
God forbid anyone having a different opinion. Look, I hate coming on this MB seeing unlimited rants stating, "Look What Happened to So and So in "X" Game Last Night So They Were the Right/Wrong Pick". The F'ing draft is over, ok. Personally, I don't care what anyone has to say (draft) about it (pro or con). The only difference between them (ESPN) and you (whoever started this thread or various others like this one), ESPN as an avenue by which to say it on a nation level. It does not make them right. Nor does it make them wrong. Settle down people.

from your signature line, am under impression you a Titans fan. So what you doing here trying to instruct fans of a team you don't support?? As you said draft is over, Vince Young went to Titans not Texans and we dopn't support titans nor Vince...they are our rivals:twocents:

BigDTexansFan
08-28-2006, 12:45 AM
man it amazes me how upset some of you get when their are people who dont agree with some of the texans decisions or like some of their players. you can be a fan of a team and not like everything they do. it seems like most peope in this message believe everything the organiztion does or says is the right thing. alot of you sound like robots who must be on the texans payroll because all i read is how defense wins championships and mario was a great pick and kubiak can make every rb look good. yes terrel davis was a sixth round pick but they also used high draft picks on rb's as well. portis second round tatum bell second round heck they evern used a third round pick on maurice clarrett.im a huge texans fan but i will be the first to admit they are doing something wrong. its good to see the positives but dont let it blind you from the truth. shoot theres alot of people who think david carr is a really good qb, come on guys wake up and smell reality. my only hope for carr is he can be an average qb but dont really see that either. man did we keep our receipt on that 8million bonus i want a refund

Congrats on 1st post rookie, but honestly you want to rant because people seeking positives from a team that went 2-14 last year:brickwall . I guess when we win game #1 you will scold us for not letting Eagles win and saying nothing bad. Did you catch game on NFL Network tonight, just ask because they did an amazing graphic on Kubiak and his 10 years (1995-2005) with Denver. He ranked #1 in every catergory imaginable and has worked with some of the best QBs in NFL (Elway, Young).

texflex513
08-28-2006, 12:49 AM
from your signature line, am under impression you a Titans fan. So what you doing here trying to instruct fans of a team you don't support?? As you said draft is over, Vince Young went to Titans not Texans and we dopn't support titans nor Vince...they are our rivals:twocents: I think kbourda is a texans fan ticked off about all the moanin and griping and groanin whos said this who said that who drafted who and who didnt draft who.... Being a foot ball fan is such a headache..GO TEXANS:brickwall

kbourda
08-28-2006, 01:14 AM
from your signature line, am under impression you a Titans fan. So what you doing here trying to instruct fans of a team you don't support?? As you said draft is over, Vince Young went to Titans not Texans and we dopn't support titans nor Vince...they are our rivals:twocents:

Never be under the impression of nothing. Let me explain to you: I am a native Houstonian, born and raised. I support my home teams, period. At the same time I don't feel it necessary to get worked up each and everytime someone has a different opinion than mine. People are going to talk, its human nature. But the great thing about the NFL is that once that whistle blows its all business. It's a place where the men are separated from the boys. The only confirmation I need that the texans made the right pick is get on the field and win. Matters to me not what people have to say about it (pro or con).

kbourda
08-28-2006, 01:15 AM
I think kbourda is a texans fan ticked off about all the moanin and griping and groanin whos said this who said that who drafted who and who didnt draft who.... Being a foot ball fan is such a headache..GO TEXANS:brickwall

Thanks for getting the meaning out of my post. I appreciate that.