PDA

View Full Version : Fullback solution

jdog
08-27-2006, 05:35 PM
I have the solution for our fullback problem. Super Mario can play fullback on offense! How would you like to have him blocking for you?

Lucky
08-27-2006, 05:41 PM
I didn't know the Texans had a fullback problem?

I wouldn't mind bringing in Super Mario to play TE on goal line situations. At 6'7" with a 40" vertical, Carr could throw it at the crossbar and Williams could probably snag it (there's a lob pass to the Carr bashers).

RiotCommander
08-27-2006, 05:42 PM
While he may be big enough to play FB he cannot catch. The reason they are trying a TE at the spot is because they are supposed to be able to do both block and catch. Its a great idea if it works. Just I think to play FB in this league you have to almost be nuts.

Ibar_Harry
08-27-2006, 06:13 PM
While he may be big enough to play FB he cannot catch. The reason they are trying a TE at the spot is because they are supposed to be able to do both block and catch. Its a great idea if it works. Just I think to play FB in this league you have to almost be nuts.

Actually if you read the following link he played WR,TE and RB in high school. His hands weren't the best at that time, but I suspect they might be better now. You might laugh, but the guy has done a lot.

http://www.jdnews.com/SiteProcessor.cfm?Template=/GlobalTemplates/Details.cfm&StoryID=41278&Section=Sports

phantom17
08-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Ah, please NO! I want him to sack the QB & be disruptive on D. NOT to pull or block for a RB! This is just plain silly, plus the chances of him gettin' hurt increases!:brickwall :crying:

Texas
08-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Ah, please NO! I want him to sack the QB & be disruptive on D. NOT to pull or block for a RB! This is just plain silly, plus the chances of him gettin' hurt increases!:brickwall :crying:

I think it would be a bad idea also because of the injuries...I was thinkin though go with a 2 TE set with him as 1 of the TE's ...That would make the D think were going with him because the fact he got moved therefore him gettin extra coverage and then hit JP or BJ...Just an idea!

LBblitz
08-27-2006, 07:47 PM
plus the chances of him gettin' hurt increases!:brickwall :crying:
enough said. period.

Texas
08-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Hows jameel cook doing?

tsip
08-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Hows jameel cook doing?

This has not been a 'strong' position in camp, and the 'jury' is still out on Cook--several posters have indicated the team is disappointed with his blocking, which had been considered a strong point when the team signed him. Too, a TE will probally make the team as a back-up FB/HB...