PDA

View Full Version : Jags Lose Peterson, Jones to Injuries

texan279
08-27-2006, 09:53 AM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_JAGUARS_PETERSON?SITE=KHOU&TEMPLATE=FOOTBALLHEADS.html&SECTION=HOME

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- The Jacksonville Jaguars might have to start the season without leading tackler Mike Peterson and fullback Greg Jones.

Peterson, the team's middle linebacker and emotional leader, sprained the medial collateral ligament in his right knee Saturday night against Tampa Bay and may not be ready for the season opener Sept. 10 against Dallas.

Jones, a starting fullback who also splits carries with running back Fred Taylor, sprained the medial collateral ligament in his left knee. It was the opposite knee Jones injured during his final season at Florida State.

"Really good news considering what it could have been," coach Jack Del Rio said. "The thought is that they should be back sometime during the Dallas week, ready for the opener."

aj.
08-27-2006, 11:43 AM
The Jags offense did nothing until the third quarter when it was Leftwich and the first teamers against Tampa's second team. I wish we had a guy like Booger.

Jags&Dawgs
08-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Blame Tampa for putting in their 2nd string guys, that's their fault for them to play against our 1st team.

D-ReK
08-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Blame Tampa for putting in their 2nd string guys, that's their fault for them to play against our 1st team.

haha yeah, stupid Bucs decided that after their defense owned your offense for a half that they could be taken out to prevent injury...

Gruden is such a moron, didn't he know that Del Rio would exploit their second team?

Keep choppin' wood!

Jags&Dawgs
08-27-2006, 02:25 PM
haha yeah, stupid Bucs decided that after their defense owned your offense for a half that they could be taken out to prevent injury...

Gruden is such a moron, didn't he know that Del Rio would exploit their second team?

Keep choppin' wood!Gurden knew that BL would pick his team apart and make tampa look bad, Jacksonville owns the state of Florida in the NFL as far as preseason goes, what would you be saying if JDR put in the third string guys against Bucs 2nd string guys and 3rd string beats the 2nd string?

Reddevil63
08-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Gurden knew that BL would pick his team apart and make tampa look bad,
He was just strategically waiting until the 3rd quarter to start picking? :francis:

Jags&Dawgs
08-27-2006, 02:35 PM
He was just strategically waiting until the 3rd quarter to start picking? :francis:No excuses for Tampa they had us and they blew it out the door in the second half.

D-ReK
08-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Gurden knew that BL would pick his team apart and make tampa look bad, Jacksonville owns the state of Florida in the NFL as far as preseason goes, what would you be saying if JDR put in the third string guys against Bucs 2nd string guys and 3rd string beats the 2nd string?

Wow, owning FL in preseason play -- biiiiig accomplishment there...

Anyway, if your 3rd string played better than Tampa's 2nd string, then I would be congratulating you, but that's not the case...You guys had to leave your 1st string in against Tampa's 2nd string just so you could have some semblance of an NFL offense...

Jags&Dawgs
08-27-2006, 02:43 PM
What's wrong with us shaking a bit of rust off, that is what your suppose to do in preseason.So we kept our 1st team in to let them work. Most all teams do this.

Texans>Colts
08-27-2006, 03:51 PM
i don't give a crap that they lost. I'm just happy the starters played great football. Who cares if the back ups blew the game. It's just pre-season and if your gonna play your 1st team against a 2nd team they shoudl destroy them. If anyone is a moron it is Del Rio. 2 guys get injured and he leaves the starters in that long

Jags&Dawgs
08-27-2006, 04:07 PM
i don't give a crap that they lost. I'm just happy the starters played great football. Who cares if the back ups blew the game. It's just pre-season and if your gonna play your 1st team against a 2nd team they shoudl destroy them. If anyone is a moron it is Del Rio. 2 guys get injured and he leaves the starters in that longHe said he was going to do that to give the guys some work, next week they won't even hardly be in a qtr in Atlanta.

aj.
08-27-2006, 04:16 PM
As far as owning Florida, I spend a lot of time - too much actually - in North Brevard Co., in an area which is equidistant (~2 hrs) from Tampa and Jacksonville. For every Jags fan I run into over there, I probably run into 20 Bucs fans. Granted, most of the media influence there is from Orlando which is very much pro-Bucs.

texan279
08-28-2006, 10:14 AM
with an ACL injury, per the Jags MB.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-28-2006, 10:21 AM
So now they have to count on Fred Taylor staying healthy the entire season. Good luck with that.

Don'tHate
08-28-2006, 10:46 AM
i don't give a crap that they lost. I'm just happy the starters played great football. Who cares if the back ups blew the game. It's just pre-season and if your gonna play your 1st team against a 2nd team they shoudl destroy them. If anyone is a moron it is Del Rio. 2 guys get injured and he leaves the starters in that long

I wasn't planning on posting over here till closer to Jags vs Texans, but i couldn't help but respond to this.

I'm just happy the starters played great football

Yes, your defense did a great job, but your offense?? It was just about as bad as ours. You scored 1 TD and a field goal...and even those were off of mistakes by us and horrible calls by the zebras. The second half we just plain embarressed you guys. You better pray none of your 1st stringers get hurt...cause your backups stunk up the field.

kingh99
08-28-2006, 03:46 PM

And their 2nd team guys are mostly insane hitmen. I'm glad you got the Bucs for the final game before cutdowns and not the Texans. I am not surprised you lost a couple of players after that game. I saw some crazy people throwing their bodies around in the 3rd qtr of that game. Gruden's guys are pretty much nutz.

Texans>Colts
08-28-2006, 05:54 PM
The second half we just plain embarressed you guys. You better pray none of your 1st stringers get hurt...cause your backups stunk up the field.

You guys had your 1st string offense in against our 2nd string defense. You guys should have destroyed the Bucs in the 2nd half. That doesn't mean our back ups are bad. If you guys put in your 2nd string offense when we put all of our 2nd teamers in i'm sure it would be way different. Before the starters came out we were winning 11-0 which is a good sign. Yes, the offense didn't play that well but the Jags have a top 5 defense in the NFL. I wasn't suprised by the amount of points we put up in the 1st half.

Jags&Dawgs
08-30-2006, 05:20 PM
You guys had your 1st string offense in against our 2nd string defense. You guys should have destroyed the Bucs in the 2nd half. That doesn't mean our back ups are bad. If you guys put in your 2nd string offense when we put all of our 2nd teamers in i'm sure it would be way different. Before the starters came out we were winning 11-0 which is a good sign. Yes, the offense didn't play that well but the Jags have a top 5 defense in the NFL. I wasn't suprised by the amount of points we put up in the 1st half.The 2nd team was tested to see if they could compete, they did but they could have done better.