PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs Texans attempt to break record for bootlegs

axman40
08-26-2006, 01:13 PM
The game of football is game of inches......and bootlegs.

Both teams know the gameplan coming in.

"We're going to bootleg till the cows come home." said Mike Shanahan coach of the Broncos . "There's no one better than me with these bootlegs. I'm the king of bootleg planning. Just ask anyone. So if I'm the king, just take a guess at who the queen is?" Shanahan said.
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=68457
:spy:

Roughnecks
08-26-2006, 01:16 PM
I was over on the Broncos website and they had a funny but made up article about who was better at bootlegs if you get chance go check it out it was pretty good. Also they are guessing how many bootlegs are ran in the game I wager 36 bootlegs.

Roughnecks
08-26-2006, 01:19 PM
just made tread as you did saw it myself thought it was funny.

TK_Gamer
08-26-2006, 01:19 PM
I think the whole post was a joke, not even a funny joke. I dont remember ever hearing carr complain about doing too many bootlegs in practice. maybe I missed that.

texflex513
08-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Help me out here im a little shaky on this one....What is the difference between a bootleg and a roll out?

ensign_lee
08-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Come on, guys. That was a joke.

Lighten things up. :) I enjoyed the article.

J-Man
08-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Help me out here im a little shaky on this one....What is the difference between a bootleg and a roll out?

Frankly, not a whole lot. Depending on who you ask there are some minor differences. Normally a boot is where you play fake to one side and roll out to the opposite side. A roll out is sans playaction.

bayoudreamn
08-27-2006, 08:43 AM
I think the whole post was a joke, not even a funny joke. I dont remember ever hearing carr complain about doing too many bootlegs in practice. maybe I missed that.

He did...it was after that first PS game. He said he was going to have to work out more or something like that if they were going to do all those bootlegs. It wasn't a complaint. He was joking.

Doug
08-27-2006, 05:43 PM
I thought it was hilarious.....I actually laughed out loud.