PDA

View Full Version : Most Explosive Offensive Talent in the last 10 years

thunderkyss
08-26-2006, 12:44 PM
I've been hearing.. that a certain little guy who just entered the NFL, is the most explosive offensive talent to enter the NFL draft in the last ten years.

Sounds like hype to me..... I mean don't they say this every year?? I didn't think much of it..... but today, I got this wild hair... to find out who I thought was the most explosive offensive talent to enter the league in the last ten years....... So, I started going through the drafts....... to see who all would fit into that category.....

Ronnie Brown, Braylon Edwards, Cadillac Williams

Eli Manning, Larry Fitzgerald, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Steven Jackson, Tatum Bell, Julius Jones

Carson Palmer, Andre Johnson, Byron Leftwich, Larry Johnson

David Carr, Donte Stallworth, Jeremy Shockey, Ashley Lelie, Javon Walker, Deshon Foster (2), Clinton Portis (2), Antwaan Randall El (2), Deion Branch (2), Brian Westbrook (3)

Michael Vick, Ladanian Tomlinson, Koren Robinson, Santana Moss, Duece McAllister, Reggie Wayne, Todd Heap, Drew Brees (2), Chad Johnson (2), Chris Chambers (2), Steve Smith (3)

Jamal Lewis, Plaxico Burress, Bubba Franks, Chad Pennington, Shaun Alexander, Jerry Porter (2), Laveranues Coles (3), Tom Brady (6)

Donavan McNabb, Edgerin James, Ricky Williams, Torry Holt, Daunte Culpepper, Aaron Brooks(4)

Peyton Manning, Fred Taylor, Randy Moss, Flozelle Adams (2), Joe Jurevicious (2), Charlie Batch (2), Ahman Green (3), Brian Griese (3), Hines Ward (3)

Ike Hilliard, Warrick Dunn, Tony Gonzales, Tiki Barber (2), Corey Dillon (2), Keith Poole (4)

Keyshawn Johnson, Jonathan Ogden, Tim Biakabutuka, Eddie George, Eddie Kennison, Marvin Harrison, Eric Moulds, Ray Lewis(D), Armani Toomer (2), Mike Alstott (2), Tony Banks (2), Muhsin Muhammed (2), Bobby Engram (2), Ernie Conwell (2), Abdul-Karim al-Jabbar (3), Terrell Owens (3), Stephen Davis (4), Joe Horn (5)

so, I'm going to select a few of these players, my top picks of the last decade, and create a poll...... Who do you think is the most explosive player to enter the NFL since 1996 through 2005. I'm not talking about guys from this most recent draft, I want to know who has proven to be exciting, explosive, a ProBowler, and possible (more than likely) HOF first ballot guy.

thunderkyss
08-26-2006, 12:48 PM
hey, I realized I couldn't fit all of my top ten, into the top ten......

I had to leave off
Tony Gonzales
Clinton Portis (2)
Ladanian Tomlinson
Jeremy Shockey
Larry Johnson
Ahman Green (3)

why don't you also post your top ten list??

I also did not include any QBs...... my list would be nothing but QBs, and I don't think you can compare any other individual position to QB, especially not if you've got McNabb, Palmer, & Manning on your list.

tulexan
08-26-2006, 01:02 PM
How could you leave off LT? And to make it worse, you have Joe Horn on there?

thunderkyss
08-26-2006, 01:07 PM
That's my Top ten.... I love Joe Horn........ But you're right, LT would probably get more votes than Joe Horn.......

woops....

RiotCommander
08-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Without a doubt its LT. He gets overlooked sometimes because he isnt outspoken, but the guy is the best back in football. My favorite wideout is Harrison because he does his job without looking for all the attention. Just so everyone knows I love Chad Johnson too. Yes, he plays to the camera, but it always seems done for fun rathern then to show the other guy up.

"How you going to stop 85?"

Kaiser Toro
08-26-2006, 02:01 PM
I went TO. He dominates the game mentally and physically.

Farough
08-26-2006, 02:11 PM
I went TO. He dominates the game mentally and physically.

As did I.

thunderkyss
08-26-2006, 02:34 PM
If anyone would care to post their top 10, please feel free to do so....

JDizzle
08-26-2006, 02:50 PM
I would say it's a toss-up between T.O., Moss, and LT. Watch out for LJ, though.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Although he hasn't looked like his old self the past 2 seasons, I'd say Jamal Lewis was the most explosive runner of the last decade. We're talking about a 240-250 pound running back that can outrun most defensive backs.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vgjEE5euNU0

tulexan
08-26-2006, 02:56 PM
In no particular order:

LaDainian Tomlinson
Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
Chad Johnson
Steve Smith
Shaun Alexander
Larry Johnson
Antonio Gates
Clinton Portis
Tiki Barber

Grid
08-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Peyton Manning should be on that list

Kaiser Toro
08-26-2006, 03:27 PM
TO
Julius Peppers
Ray Lewis
Dwight Freeney
LT
Priest Holmes
Ed Reed
Randy Moss
Larry Fitzgerald
Brian Urlacher

thunderkyss
08-26-2006, 03:30 PM
Peyton Manning should be on that list

Without a doubt........... but I mentioned I'm excluding QBs for the obvious reason...........

but I almost put Vick on the list.......

TO
Julius Peppers
Ray Lewis
Dwight Freeney
LT
Priest Holmes
Ed Reed
Randy Moss
Larry Fitzgerald
Brian Urlacher

The title did specify offensive talent.......

or am I missing something??

Kaiser Toro
08-26-2006, 03:34 PM
The title did specify offensive talent.......

or am I missing something??

The titles of threads usually bring me in, but it is the posts that I respond to:

Keyshawn Johnson, Jonathan Ogden, Tim Biakabutuka, Eddie George, Eddie Kennison, Marvin Harrison, Eric Moulds, Ray Lewis(D), Armani Toomer (2), Mike Alstott (2), Tony Banks (2), Muhsin Muhammed (2), Bobby Engram (2), Ernie Conwell (2), Abdul-Karim al-Jabbar (3), Terrell Owens (3), Stephen Davis (4), Joe Horn (5)

so, I'm going to select a few of these players, my top picks of the last decade, and create a poll...... Who do you think is the most explosive player to enter the NFL since 1996 through 2005. I'm not talking about guys from this most recent draft, I want to know who has proven to be exciting, explosive, a ProBowler, and possible (more than likely) HOF first ballot guy.

Wolf
08-26-2006, 03:51 PM
Priest Holmes was pretty good too, didn't do much for the Ravens, but with the Chiefs, he exploded (along with LJ)

Wolf
08-26-2006, 03:52 PM
oh I am a fan of Roy Williams (WR) , I don't follow what he does with the Lions, but I really enjoy watching him catch the football

JDizzle
08-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Joe Horn and Keyshawn Johnson need to be replaced with Brett Favre and Peyton Manning.

I would add Brett into my list of top gamebreakers in the past 10 yrs.

thunderkyss
08-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Joe Horn and Keyshawn Johnson need to be replaced with Brett Favre and Peyton Manning.

I would add Brett into my list of top gamebreakers in the past 10 yrs.

That list, is my top ten... I excluded QBs......
It's only there for you to vote who you think is the most explosive..... you only get one choice... & you can't chose a QB.

Please post your top ten..

Kaiser Toro
08-26-2006, 04:12 PM
That list, is my top ten... I excluded QBs......
It's only there for you to vote who you think is the most explosive..... you only get one choice... & you can't chose a QB.

Please post your top ten..

Can you at least leave your football so we can continue the game. :)

thunderkyss
08-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Guys, I just realized I left Terrell Davis, and Jamal Anderson completely off my lists... I didn't go that far in most of those drafts......

They definitely should replace Joe Horn, and Keyshawn......

Grid
08-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Without a doubt........... but I mentioned I'm excluding QBs for the obvious reason...........

but I almost put Vick on the list.......?

ahhh sorry I didnt catch that in the second post.

texan279
08-26-2006, 04:52 PM
The titles of threads usually bring me in, but it is the posts that I respond to:

:gathering:

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Guys, I just realized I left Terrell Davis

Thank you. That was my guy!

I also liked Warren Sapp.

JDizzle
08-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Why did you leave off QB's? Favre Vs. Horn? Manning Vs. Johnson?

I'll take no-brainers for 500, Alex.

thunderkyss
08-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Why did you leave off QB's? Favre Vs. Horn? Manning Vs. Johnson?

I'll take no-brainers for 500, Alex.

Because they are in fact no brainers..... even though Reggie would like to be paid like a QB, there is no way he can compete with the Best of the best for contributions they've made to their team.....

So...... Reggie is supposed to be the most explosive offensive talent of the last 10 years, I'm trying to get a gauge of who we should be comparing him to.

heck, If I were to add QBs, then Reggie wouldn't make it as the most explosive offensive player to enter the NFL in the last 2 years...

For Reggie's sake, to keep it fair.......... no QBs.....

texan279
08-26-2006, 05:37 PM
Because they are in fact no brainers..... even though Reggie would like to be paid like a QB, there is no way he can compete with the Best of the best for contributions they've made to their team.....

So...... Reggie is supposed to be the most explosive offensive talent of the last 10 years, I'm trying to get a gauge of who we should be comparing him to.

heck, If I were to add QBs, then Reggie wouldn't make it as the most explosive offensive player to enter the NFL in the last 2 years...

For Reggie's sake, to keep it fair.......... no QBs.....

If you are not going to allow QB's, then why did you list WR's and a LB? Based on 2 halves of 2 preseason games Bush shouldn't be compared to anyone in the NFL yet. I am going to wait a a few seasons before I call him one of the most explosive offensive players to enter the NFL.

D-ReK
08-26-2006, 05:37 PM
Following your precedent of leaving off QBs and defensive players, my top 10 would go something like this:

LaDainian Tomlinson
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Chad Johnson
Antonio Gates
Ricky Williams
Torry Holt
Tony Gonzalez
Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson

texan279
08-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Following your precedent of leaving off QBs and defensive players, my top 10 would go something like this:

LaDainian Tomlinson
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Chad Johnson
Antonio Gates
Ricky Williams
Torry Holt
Tony Gonzalez
Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson

He had Ray Lewis listed in his original post...

JDizzle
08-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Ah, I see where you're coming from, but I still think QB's should be included. I guess we can just agree to disagree.

Thanks for clarifying.

thunderkyss
08-26-2006, 06:39 PM
If you are not going to allow QB's, then why did you list WR's and a LB? Based on 2 halves of 2 preseason games Bush shouldn't be compared to anyone in the NFL yet. I am going to wait a a few seasons before I call him one of the most explosive offensive players to enter the NFL.

The linebacker was a joke......

I've also got tightends, and a couple of Offensive Gaurds on the list....... I couldn't resist.

& I know I can't compare what Reggie has done, I mentioned that. Reggie is the most explosive/exciting offensive talent to enter the NFL in the last 10 years..... I'm just trying to figure out who he'll replace.

thunderkyss
08-26-2006, 06:40 PM
He had Ray Lewis listed in his original post...

not in my top ten, or my supplemental list........

texan279
08-26-2006, 06:44 PM
not in my top ten, or my supplemental list........

Is he not listed under 1996? Forget it, nevermind.

NEROtheZERO
08-26-2006, 06:54 PM
Can I get a definition for "explosive offensive Talent"?

thunderkyss
08-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Is he not listed under 1996? Forget it, nevermind.

I was going through the drafts....... in some drafts, for whatever reason I went through all seven rounds....... in some, I only went through the first round.

As I went through them, I marked down the names of players who have proven to be explosive, and exciting to watch. Every now and then, I came across an exciting and explosive player that didn't play offense, & I marked his name down.

Then I took that list, and made my first post in this thread. I excluded most of the guys who shouldn't be on that list. I couldn't force myself to not put Ray Lewis on there....... I'm sorry for the confusion. But he is an example of a talent that Reggie may never compare to.

That list, still includes QBs...... but I found when I put together my top ten, I had 9 QBs...... and one WR. I looked at that list, and made the decision that when people say, "Reggie is the most explosive player to come into the NFL in the last 10 years" they must be excluding QBs. There is no way anyone could honestly say that, thinking about the QBs that we've seen enter the league in the last 10 years.

texan279
08-26-2006, 07:07 PM
I was going through the drafts....... in some drafts, for whatever reason I went through all seven rounds....... in some, I only went through the first round.

As I went through them, I marked down the names of players who have proven to be explosive, and exciting to watch. Every now and then, I came across an exciting and explosive player that didn't play offense, & I marked his name down.

Then I took that list, and made my first post in this thread. I excluded most of the guys who shouldn't be on that list. I couldn't force myself to not put Ray Lewis on there....... I'm sorry for the confusion. But he is an example of a talent that Reggie may never compare to.

That list, still includes QBs...... but I found when I put together my top ten, I had 9 QBs...... and one WR. I looked at that list, and made the decision that when people say, "Reggie is the most explosive player to come into the NFL in the last 10 years" they must be excluding QBs. There is no way anyone could honestly say that, thinking about the QBs that we've seen enter the league in the last 10 years.

Well just title it "Most explosive NFL player" or something. Kind of confusing to title the thread "Most explosive offensive talent" and then look at the post and see no QB's listed but Ray Lewis listed...

thunderkyss
08-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Can I get a definition for "explosive offensive Talent"?

Guys you wanna watch, just because they are going to do something.... that makes you go...........

Wow....

thunderkyss
08-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Well just title it "Most explosive NFL player" or something. Kind of confusing to title the thread "Most explosive offensive talent" and then look at the post and see no QB's listed but Ray Lewis listed...

The big list, with all the years, is just a list of notable talent that came into the league since 1996......... The list of guys to vote from, are my top ten.....

I've been asking everyone to vote, and post their top ten.

TexansLucky13
08-26-2006, 09:46 PM
Most explosive = Terrell Owens

Most destructive = Terrell Owens

He is a black hole of talent (and patience). Good luck cowgirls!

edo783
08-26-2006, 11:55 PM
Has to be Reggie Bush........waite, I thought you said most EXPENSIVE offensive talent. My bad, carry on.

mexican_texan
08-27-2006, 12:18 AM
Guys you wanna watch, just because they are going to do something.... that makes you go...........

Wow....
Randy FREAKing Moss in a nutshell

disaacks3
08-27-2006, 01:58 AM
Ladanian Tomlinson
Terrell Owens
Randy Moss

IMHO - I can't think of any others (utside of QBs) that are more "game-changing" than these three.

K.D.
08-27-2006, 01:59 PM
It's got to be Randy Moss. The RM who played for the Vikings.

V Man
08-27-2006, 02:29 PM
#1 LT
#2 S. Alexander
#3 Edge

Texas
08-27-2006, 03:16 PM
I pick randy moss because of the fact that he has been playing at a higher level for a good while now and most players have there ons and offs but he has been pretty solid.

colts18288
08-27-2006, 09:13 PM
I pick randy moss because of the fact that he has been playing at a higher level for a good while now and most players have there ons and offs but he has been pretty solid.

:brickwall You all are gonna say I'm a homer, I may be but can someone please let me know how Marvin dont hardly get a mention in this thread. :confused:

Another would be adding Joe "what has he done to seperate himself as explosive" Horn getting a mention, while so many great players get no nod.

I understand not grouping a R.B. with a Q.B. no problem there, but then you want to turn around and group him with a W.R.:rolleyes:

Don't see many W.R. needing to bust through the D line. Ain't that like comparing apples to rocks??????????