PDA

View Full Version : Potential Waiver Claims

|The.Brand0n|
08-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Does anybody have any knowledge of any players of relavance to the Texans that might be placed on the waiver wire? Specifically a CB, LB, WR, or RB... if anyone knows please let me know...

infantrycak
08-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Ray Mickens CB may be released by the Jets. 33 year old vet--probably could be had for a minimum contract and get the vet cap exception.

gooneybird
08-26-2006, 12:15 PM
If we claim a DB or LB - which current DB / LB do you suggest we waive? We can only keep 53 players, total!

TK_Gamer
08-26-2006, 12:41 PM
I am really stoked about this team this year! Can we all say "DEPTH". I feel sorry for the coaches this year trying to decide who makes the cut. we are that deep. the problem is not finding more people, its finding people that are actually upgrades. I would like another LB that is more of a 2 way player. but then we have to cut cowart or rainer. cowart is not that strong against the pass and rainer is not as strong as cowart against the run. safety has the same problems. we could use some better cover at fs, but then we would lose a heavy hitter in brown. not sure how the new additions to cb are doing. we need a hard hitting cb for the dime. but again , who do you cut ? Ive never seen our team with a problem of too much depth. I love it!

threetoedpete
08-26-2006, 12:48 PM
I am really stoked about this team this year! Can we all say "DEPTH". ...... but then we have to cut cowart or rainer. cowart is not that strong against the pass and rainer is not as strong as cowart against the run. . we need a hard hitting cb for the dime. but again , who do you cut ?

I sit to be corrected, but Walli Rainer is an IRed player. He's exempted from the '06 roster. The lists tuesday will be interesting. We've got a couple of guys I'm going to hate to lose.

TK_Gamer
08-26-2006, 01:06 PM
ahh forgot about that. thanks :)

Texans34Life
08-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Would love some help in the secondary and at LB.

David's Busted Carr
08-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Rumor has it Charles Rogers might be released by the Lions.

If he is I would JUMP on him. Former #2 OVERALL pick ahead of AJ!!! He's the type of player that could flourish with a change of scenery. He broke his collar bone his first 2 years hindering his development, and then has been in the doghouse ever since. But if he stays healthy and gets motivated he's got #1 WR potenial and could be a dynamite combo with AJ!

awtysst
08-27-2006, 11:42 PM
Rumor has it Charles Rogers might be released by the Lions.

If he is I would JUMP on him. Former #2 OVERALL pick ahead of AJ!!! He's the type of player that could flourish with a change of scenery. He broke his collar bone his first 2 years hindering his development, and then has been in the doghouse ever since. But if he stays healthy and gets motivated he's got #1 WR potenial and could be a dynamite combo with AJ!

Um. He also is one weekend with Ricky Williams away from missing games due to substance abuse issues.

Sarg01
08-27-2006, 11:46 PM
If we claim a DB or LB - which current DB / LB do you suggest we waive? We can only keep 53 players, total!

Polk looked terrible tonight, and he's probably the best of our non-starting LBs. Evans is a special teams monster. I wouldn't cry about losing any of the other "depth" at LB to pick up someone off the wire.

BigDTexansFan
08-28-2006, 12:52 AM
Does anybody have any knowledge of any players of relavance to the Texans that might be placed on the waiver wire? Specifically a CB, LB, WR, or RB... if anyone knows please let me know...

I don't remember his name, but Jags sweating letting LB out on waivers. But they need his roster spot, they think he will be a beast but hoping to slide him to practice squad without someone grabbing him off waivers. :redtowel:

BigDTexansFan
08-28-2006, 12:53 AM
Um. He also is one weekend with Ricky Williams away from missing games due to substance abuse issues.

2 broken collarbones too, think his effort and health make him a wasted roster spot

Brandon420tx
08-28-2006, 01:17 AM
]']It would be hard to decide between Kalu, Chick, Malone, Corcran........ WR is also a hard cut.
I think Cochran will make it.

WILLIEG
08-28-2006, 01:47 AM
]']except for that one bad penalty, Malone has been solid. Would you cut a veteran like Kalu who is not impressive, but rotates with the first team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreDaMan05
that is a good point, but who would be a better fit for the middle??

Well I know Payne can still play, but he is getting older by the year. If A. Malon and E. Cochran keep improving during the corse of the pre-season then give one of them a roster spot and place the other on PS. R. Smith can still the postion. My DT's would be the following: Smith, Payne, Johnson, and Malone as part of the rotation. If Cochran keeps improving, put him on PS. That way you have insurance throughout the season if someone gets hurt.

HJam72
08-28-2006, 05:08 AM
]']Not a fan of this at all. Payne is a leader..... were gonna need him there when times get tough.

Yes, but he is more of a 3-4 leader than a 4-3 leader. That's the problem.

Nighthawk
08-28-2006, 05:22 AM
Are any QBs scheduled to be set free? Lord knows we need a few.

4Texans
08-28-2006, 08:55 AM
It's rumored that the Bronco's will cut Ron Dayne. If that happens, I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans pick him up, and let go of A. Smith.

Runner
08-28-2006, 09:02 AM

McClain said on 610 that if Denver cuts Van Pelt we'd pick him up. Said Kubiak likes him. That would leave Denver with 2 QBs - one of them being the rookie Cutler so there would be some risk for them to make the cut.

U4ikrob
08-28-2006, 10:08 AM
It's rumored that the Bronco's will cut Ron Dayne. If that happens, I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans pick him up, and let go of A. Smith.

Dayne would be a nice pickup. I would say we will keep looking for more veteran RB, OL, LB, CB

real
08-28-2006, 10:41 AM

I heard they may look at Ron Dayne, and Bradley VanPelt if Denver cuts them...