PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on 2006

BigDTexansFan
08-25-2006, 11:45 PM
We only won 2 games all last season, whether attitude, coaching, bad breaks had something to do with it. We were in 6 to 7 different games only to see game slip away.

WHY do I bring this up lets just say breaks or whatever, went our way we would have been an 8-8 or 9-7 team last season. so it it so hard seeing what we have seen in preseason, to say hey 9-7 or even 10-6 is not out of realm of possibilities.

Will it get us into playoffs, only 2006 season will tell. But 9-7 or even 10-6 would be hard pressed to make playoffs in 2005, this is not little pollyannna speech time.

I just agree with Coach Kubiak "You need to play like a winner, to be come a winner. Set the bar high enough, because you will eventually get there" :drool:

Vinny
08-25-2006, 11:46 PM
This question needs to be asked after tomorrow nights game. Game four is for the scrubs. Tomorrow is the closest thing to a reg season game as the pre-season gets.

sojourner
08-26-2006, 12:33 AM
We beat Denver at home and Indy's not that big of a step.

CoachJim
08-26-2006, 12:40 AM
I'd love to win Sunday night also but I think I'll be just as satisfied as long as our starters stay competitive as long as they're in.

Vinny
08-26-2006, 12:44 AM
yeah, if our line can block their front 7 I'll be happy, win or loss. Teams will start to take our short passing game away so we will have to complete something deep more than once in a blue moon too...or teams will just stack the run on us eventually.

BlueThunder
08-26-2006, 02:47 AM
The only thing i'm going to say is PUT YOUR HELMET ON THE FOOTBALL and lets go get that Championship......

:logo: :trophy:

Blu
08-26-2006, 03:06 AM
The only thing i'm going to say is PUT YOUR HELMET ON THE FOOTBALL and lets go get that Championship......

:logo: :trophy:
All tha way ..baby! :cowboy1:
<sipp sipp sipp>

I feel bad for our stalking:shoot:LB, Since when did Babin become a second year rook? (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depth_chart.php?section=TH%20Depth%20Chart)

eric138
08-26-2006, 01:54 PM
This question needs to be asked after tomorrow nights game. Game four is for the scrubs. Tomorrow is the closest thing to a reg season game as the pre-season gets.

Scrubs??? Correct me if I'm wrong but the fourth game is played be the second and third stringers right? These guys are not scrubs by any means, they are the ones, that if the injury bug starts to attack us, will save our asses in the late season. Having quality players in these locations is very important.. which it looks like we have. If we whoop up on the buccs on Thur. this means our depth is rockin..

Come on... Scrubs??

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Everyone remeber the scabs in the 80's when the NFL teams went on strike, that was something to watch, actually some of those players, went on to really make it in the NFL...........