PDA

View Full Version : Texans News

Texans34Life
08-25-2006, 11:30 PM
Texans | Team to use a committee at running back
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:54:14 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said the team will use a rotation of RB Wali Lundy and RB Vernand Morency. RB Antowain Smith or RB Chris Taylor will get work in the fourth quarter Sunday, Aug. 27. Kubiak said, "But (RB) Wali (Lundy) and (RB Vernand) Morency will play the game rotating as if we were playing opening day."

Texans | D. Ryans will start at middle linebacker
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:53:48 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said LB DeMeco Ryans will be the starter at middle linebacker. "The guy has earned it, and he has earned it from day one. He's going to go through some growing pains, but we believe in him and there is no time like the present. He has earned the right to play that spot. He will be our starting MLB on opening day," said Kubiak.

BigDTexansFan
08-25-2006, 11:31 PM
Texans | Team to use a committee at running back
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:54:14 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said the team will use a rotation of RB Wali Lundy and RB Vernand Morency. RB Antowain Smith or RB Chris Taylor will get work in the fourth quarter Sunday, Aug. 27. Kubiak said, "But (RB) Wali (Lundy) and (RB Vernand) Morency will play the game rotating as if we were playing opening day."

Texans | D. Ryans will start at middle linebacker
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:53:48 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said LB DeMeco Ryans will be the starter at middle linebacker. "The guy has earned it, and he has earned it from day one. He's going to go through some growing pains, but we believe in him and there is no time like the present. He has earned the right to play that spot. He will be our starting MLB on opening day," said Kubiak.

Kind of like being hit by a guy with a hammer in each hand, Morency pounds it and then Lundy. Defense will we asking if can take time outs between runs...LOL

JDizzle
08-25-2006, 11:38 PM
I always wondered why Wells saw more PT last year when Davis went down, I was kind of rooting for Morency to take over. But then again, I was begging for Dave Ragone too.

I'd like Morency to be the load-carrier .... let's see if we can keep the #34 tradition alive in H-Town.

Grid
08-25-2006, 11:47 PM
two very good pieces of news. Im stoked about Sunday.

Roughnecks
08-26-2006, 12:57 AM
Speaking of the game Sunday I move to Beaumont last year and I have time warner. Now nfl network is carrying the game are the the only ones or will the local networks have it to the reason I ask is because time warner down here does not carry the nfl network just a little scared I might miss the game.