PDA

View Full Version : How Many Rb's Will We Carry?

TEXANS MVP
08-25-2006, 09:48 PM
Who Will We Keep? I Think Dd, Morency,lundy And Taylor. What Do U Guys Think.

TexanFan881
08-25-2006, 09:54 PM
That's my guess also. With all of the young talent we are developing, Antowain Smith will be left out of the fold. It's not that he's bad or anything, it's just that developing our talent will help us out more in the future than keeping him and putting one of our young talents on the practice squad.

TexanSam
08-25-2006, 09:57 PM
I think to begin the season we'll have Lundy, Morency, and Smith on the roster. I believe DD will be put on the PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) list which means he won't be able to come back until week six I think. I just don't see the Texans keeping Smith off the roster. Maybe they'll carry 4 with one of them being a kickoff returner.

BlueThunder
08-26-2006, 04:34 AM
4 at the most I would think but until teams start respecting our run we may need 5..:shoot:I would carry Morancy if at all possible and 2 solid TBs,,.

We have 2 roster spots for FB but TEs can be carried as blocking FBs so we need atleast one pounder that has running skills..:trophy:

I'm thinking the next game will be about finding the top 2 TB backs..Verand is a weapon because he is so small that you can't find him till he gets thru the hole.I think it will look something like this,,,,,

RB Wali Lundy (Dominque Davis IR) Verand Morancy (4 RB 3 G EXMPT NFLE)
FB Antwain Smith ? (FB -/- TE)
TE (1)--(2)--(3)

Scooter
08-26-2006, 05:42 AM
3. i think we'll put taylor on the practice squad and cut smith. we'll dress DD as 3rd string until he's ready. i'm no doctor, but my faith in DD's injuries is raising a BS flag. i think DD is the best back on our roster, but if he misses another snap due to a bruise (we've gone through thigh, rib, and now knee bruises), i will have lost my patience. it's football, you dont come off the field unless there's bone showing.

Roughnecks
08-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Sorry but Smith has not jumped out at me and IMO just waste roster space. We might carry 4 but they might look at Denvers cut list and if RB is cut they could pull one from there like Ron Dayne not a guy you would think but could be a goal line threat just a thought.

Divebomb
08-26-2006, 09:35 AM
I think Smith will make the team. He is the vet, and the leadership of those young RB and he brings a power back for key situations. I think Lundy, and Morency are a done deal. DD is on the PUP for sure. That should wind down the RB core.

Trapped
08-26-2006, 09:37 AM
I think Smith will make the team. He is the vet, and the leadership of those young RB and he brings a power back for key situations. I think Lundy, and Morency are a done deal. DD is on the PUP for sure. That should wind down the RB core.
i agree, Chris Taylor is going to the PRactice Sqaud.

Morency
Smith
Lundy
DD (PUP)