PDA

View Full Version : The State of the Texans from an Eagles fan. Stats included

EaglesFanPhila
08-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Stat #1 - You will stink in the opener.

That's it. What are you people thinking here? Texans beat the Eagles? R U nuts! We are about to reclaim the ranking of the most dominant team in the NFC. I'm afraid for every team in the NFL. Last season really left a bad taste in our mouths. The Steelers will be the first to feel the wrath tonight.

Watch and be afraid. Be very afraid.

Now we can chat normally.:rolleyes:

jerek
08-25-2006, 01:19 PM
LOL. If that's your objective analysis, you should be afraid.

Runner
08-25-2006, 01:23 PM

That's it. What are you people thinking here? Texans beat the Eagles? R U nuts! We are about to reclaim the ranking of the most dominant team in the NFC. I'm afraid for every team in the NFL. Last season really left a ad taste in our mouths. The Steelers will be the first to feel the wrath tonight.

I don't know - the post has something. I'm trying to put my finger on it...

...words! It has words!

Most of them are spelled right too.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 01:24 PM

That's it. What are you people thinking here? Texans beat the Eagles? R U nuts! We are about to reclaim the ranking of the most dominant team in the NFC. I'm afraid for every team in the NFL. Last season really left a ad taste in our mouths. The Steelers will be the first to feel the wrath tonight.

Are you smoking something? Did anyone ever tell you to PUFF PUFF PASS?

PhillyFan
08-25-2006, 01:27 PM

Come on man. You can do better that this.l

At least put some darn thought into the thread for crying out loud. No wonder people hate us *shake head*

HOU-TEX
08-25-2006, 01:30 PM
This is classic! Philly fans on a Texans MB ragging each other.:chicken:

Big J
08-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Lets all be honest here....

Yes, we are good at home openers. Yes the Eagles blowed last year. Yes the Eagles D is healthy. Yes we have a new scheme that could cause some breakdowns. But the game is at home and there is going to be alot of emotion going into the game. Im giving us a 50% chance of winning.

I would also like to comment that the Eagles wide recievers are currently crap. If they want to use their redic amount of passing against Dunta...game over son.

Finally, the NFC East is gross. They dont stand a chance unless....
1) Clinton Portis never returns...even though they picked up Duckett
2) TO destroys the cowboys
3) Eli Manning dies

1 and 3 are unlikely....

santo
08-25-2006, 01:41 PM

:tiptoe:

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 01:48 PM

Yes, we are good at home openers. Yes the Eagles blowed last year. Yes the Eagles D is healthy. Yes we have a new scheme that could cause some breakdowns. But the game is at home and there is going to be alot of emotion going into the game. Im giving us a 50% chance of winning.

I would also like to comment that the Eagles wide recievers are currently crap. If they want to use their redic amount of passing against Dunta...game over son.

3) Eli Manning dies

1 and 3 are unlikely....

The Redskins are hyped up every year and look at what they do... nothing. They always get star players and it ends up being a mess.

As far as the Cowboys go, I cannot see them making playoffs this year. Everyone is chattering about them because of Owens. Yes, he is a HUGE playmaker but he will cause problems.

The Giants are looking like our biggest competition but you never know how a team will do. Injuries and other things play into a team's season so let's not hype them up yet until we are at least a few games into the season.

Our WRs are crap? We never had playmaking WRs, with the exception on Ownes for one year and this is 2006 (lol), but we still domintated the NFC this decade. Reggie Brown was an outstanding rookie last year and made a big impact. DO YOU KNOW WHO IS QB WAS? MIKE MCMAHON. We all know how awful a QB he was. Now imagine what it will be like with McNabb throwing him the ball. Pinkston is not that great but he can spread the field and you rarely see him drop a ball. Gaffney finally has a QB who will have time to actually throw the ball. Baskett will be a playmaker for this team. We have a lot of young guys with huge question marks over their heads but I think, by the end of the year, those marks will disappear and postive marks will be there instead.

titan hater
08-25-2006, 01:50 PM
This is great!!!! I am so glad the smack is starting...It means the season is upon us! Philly fan is very funny...

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-25-2006, 01:54 PM

Most people that tend to come over to this board, and leave trash like this are afraid, otherwise good luck to the Eagles this year, hope they stay healthy, I think you should be on the Redskins page, they are the ones you need to think about, they started the off-season trades and have picked up many players, they will be skining eagles for lunch this year.......oohhhh by the Eagle fan 0-1 for you to start the season....thanks for stoping by for nothing........also look at you depth on running backs, Westbrook status and your receiver status, :crutch: you might want to rethink your post again

PhillyFan
08-25-2006, 01:55 PM

3) Eli Manning dies

1 and 3 are unlikely....

2 is currently happening, thank heavens. Didnt take long for the trash to be seen as trash.

3. Eli stinks. He is nowhere near as talented as his brother. The only thing they have in common is that they choke in important games.

The Eagles will most likely finish second in the division. Washington will finish last. I can almost guarantee that.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 01:55 PM
This is great!!!! I am so glad the smack is starting...It means the season is upon us! Philly fan is very funny...

Hell yeah it is. Loving it. :bananasplit:

PhillyFan
08-25-2006, 01:57 PM

No kidding.

This offseason took forever.

It stinks when your team doesnt make the playoffs...I had kind of forgotten how that felt :(

HOU-TEX
08-25-2006, 01:58 PM
The Redskins are hyped up every year and look at what they do... nothing. They always get star players and it ends up being a mess.

As far as the Cowboys go, I cannot see them making playoffs this year. Everyone is chattering about them because of Owens. Yes, he is a HUGE playmaker but he will cause problems.

The Giants are looking like our biggest competition but you never know how a team will do. Injuries and other things play into a team's season so let's not hype them up yet until we are at least a few games into the season.

Our WRs are crap? We never had playmaking WRs, with the exception on Ownes for one year and this is 2006 (lol), but we still domintated the NFC this decade. Reggie Brown was an outstanding rookie last year and made a big impact. DO YOU KNOW WHO IS QB WAS? MIKE MCMAHON. We all know how awful a QB he was. Now imagine what it will be like with McNabb throwing him the ball. Pinkston is not that great but he can spread the field and you rarely see him drop a ball. Gaffney finally has a QB who will have time to actually throw the ball. Baskett will be a playmaker for this team. We have a lot of young guys with huge question marks over their heads but I think, by the end of the year, those marks will disappear and postive marks will be there instead.

Doesn't matter. The ball will just peg him in the back of the head anyways.:tease:

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 02:02 PM
Most people that tend to come over to this board, and leave trash like this are afraid, otherwise good luck to the Eagles this year, hope they stay healthy, I think you should be on the Redskins page, they are the ones you need to think about, they started the off-season trades and have picked up many players, they will be skining eagles for lunch this year.......oohhhh by the Eagle fan 0-1 for you to start the season....thanks for stoping by for nothing........also look at you depth on running backs, Westbrook status and your receiver status, :crutch: you might want to rethink your post again

Redskins will finish last. They get big playmakers every year in the offseason and end up doing nothing. I predict the same will happen again this year.

Westbrook is out tonight but he will be fine for Week 1. Westy already knows the plays and we know what he can do. No need to play him tonight.

I know all about the depth of my team. I eat, drink, sleep Eagles football. It's the PRESEASON. LOL! Every year they put guys out on injury to rest their hamstrings and whatever else that might need a little rest. Why put these guys out there to get stress it out even more. PRESEASON. Remember that.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Doesn't matter. The ball will just peg him in the back of the head anyways.:tease:

LMAO!

Gaffney dropped how many balls with the Texans?

:cool:

Honoring Earl 34
08-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Redskins will finish last. They get big playmakers every year in the offseason and end up doing nothing. I predict the same will happen again this year.

Westbrook is out tonight but he will be fine for Week 1. Westy already knows the plays and we know what he can do. No need to play him tonight.

I know all about the depth of my team. I eat, drink, sleep Eagles football. It's the PRESEASON. LOL! Every year they put guys out on injury to rest their hamstrings and whatever else that might need a little rest. Why put these guys out there to get stress it out even more. PRESEASON. Remember that.
1. Cowboys 12-4
2. Skins 10-6
3. Giants 8-8
4. Eagles 6-10

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Gaffney might not even make your 53 man roster, according to NFL network, also has he not been in trouble with the law already up there.......what's wrong with him, is he pistol whiping fellow eagles it seems a few Eagles haven fallen out of their nest recently up there in Philly... :shoot:

gwallaia
08-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Is Brian Westbrook healthy?

Texian
08-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Hey put a cheese steak in it!

HOU-TEX
08-25-2006, 02:07 PM
LMAO!

I was just goofin. You never heard about the time Carr threw a BB to Gaffney. Gaffney never turned around and ball pegged him in the back of the head. At the time I was POed. Now it's kind of funny. In all reality, Gaffney's a decent #3 WR and I wish him the best (except against us).

AtheGreat
08-25-2006, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=HOU-TEX]Doesn't matter. The ball will just peg him in the back of the head anyways.QUOTE]

haha, i remember that last season. But don't forget, Gaffney is a dual-threat. if it doesn't hit him in the back of the head, he can always make that crucial 3rd down drop.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-25-2006, 02:10 PM

No he lost some of his feathers this off-season and is currently doing the chicken dance with Gaffney :chicken:

Yes sorry Philly Fans you have more to worry about than just us shooting down :shoot: your eagles in the first game, like the skins winning the Division like Earl said 12-4 no doubt about it, they did not go bankrupt this offseason to haul in some of the best players in the NFL.....

HOU-TEX
08-25-2006, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=HOU-TEX]Doesn't matter. The ball will just peg him in the back of the head anyways.QUOTE]

haha, i remember that last season. But don't forget, Gaffney is a dual-threat. if it doesn't hit him in the back of the head, he can always make that crucial 3rd down drop.

True. AAnnnd if he doesn't do that, he could always start celebrating before the goalline and end up fumbling out of the endzone resulting in a touchback.:crying:

Honoring Earl 34
08-25-2006, 02:11 PM
LMAO!

So do you think the Eagles will pick WR Calvin Johnson next year with your well earned 6th pick or trade down with the Texans and get the 17th pick .

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 02:13 PM
1. Cowboys 12-4
2. Skins 10-6
3. Giants 8-8
4. Eagles 6-10

Wow...... LMAO! Keep dreaming with that one.

1. Eagles 10-6
2. Giants 10-6
3. Cowboys 8-8
4. Redskins 6-10

Did you even look at the schedule? LMAO! They will start out at 6-0. We have HOU AWAY, NYG HOME, SF AWAY, GB HOME, DAL HOME, and NO AWAY. AI believe we will win all of those games. For the ones that cannot add -- that is SIX.

Then TAM AWAY and JAX HOME before the BYE. Right now, I think we will lose those two games.

Honoring Earl 34
08-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Ya'll might beat San Fran unless its an away game and your team stays out to late with the San Fran crowd . YMCA its fun to stay at the YMCA .

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Gaffney might not even make your 53 man roster, according to NFL network, also has he not been in trouble with the law already up there.......what's wrong with him, is he pistol whiping fellow eagles it seems a few Eagles haven fallen out of their nest recently up there in Philly... :shoot:

What the heck are you talking about? LMAO!

Gaffney is already on the depth chart and working his way back. He had a great game last week. He had trouble learning the new offense and he is now doing fine. The law? He had a unregistered gun in PA and it was registered in Texas. He just moved there for pete's sake. LMAO! I would not call that trouble in any shape or form.

I live in Houston, Texas. Almost everyone I know here owns a gun and a lot of them carry a gun. Whippity---doooo-----dah----day! LOL!

Find another lure to use.

flylikeaneagle

95%

NJ Texan
Keep talking, I've heard all of this before. Eagles fans have a problem with that, they talk and talk and talk, then cry when their precious team doesn't make it in the end.

Hulk75

It looks like you guys are a little nervous. Why would you care to visit a site of the team you are going to dominate.

Prediction- Texans 28 Eagles 13, have fun with that, that will ruin your guys season.

Kaiser Toro
08-25-2006, 02:18 PM
After looking at the most of input from the Eaglet fans in the last two days I am not surprised that 21 hours have passed and not one Eaglet can muster a response to some simple reasons why they will not win in our first home game during the Kubiak era.

I respect Eagles fans and at the same time never look them in the eye on Sundays unless I am armed with Tastycakes, Yoo-hoos and a hooded sweatshirt. But as scary, confident, educated and blindly loyal they are towards their brethern do not fear the eaglets.

I expect our game to be a close one, but one we will win. For two reasons, the team quit due to their attitude towards one another and have no depth and they got drilled by the zone blocking scheme last year against the Falcons and the Broncos.

Marcus
Well, this is a good sign. Fans from other teams are actually coming here and at least making the attempt (cough, cough) to talk smack.

About half-way thru the season last year, they all showed up with jacks to try to keep our chins up, until they got the red-ass and accused us of throwing games just so we could draft . . .

Oh, wait a minute, we didn't . . .

Hulk75
95%
Are you sure it is not 96 or 97:shades:

flylikeaneagle
I was just goofin. You never heard about the time Carr threw a BB to Gaffney. Gaffney never turned around and ball pegged him in the back of the head. At the time I was POed. Now it's kind of funny. In all reality, Gaffney's a decent #3 WR and I wish him the best (except against us).

LMAO! That is hilarious. I remember that now. That has to be embarrassing for both the QB and the WR. Still funny as hell though.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-25-2006, 02:19 PM
What is going on, here today there are just too many Eagles falling out of thier nest today, be very carefull there are many bulls running the streets of Houston I would hate to see one of those Eagles get stepped on.....:crutch:

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 02:19 PM
No he lost some of his feathers this off-season and is currently doing the chicken dance with Gaffney :chicken:

Yes sorry Philly Fans you have more to worry about than just us shooting down :shoot: your eagles in the first game, like the skins winning the Division like Earl said 12-4 no doubt about it, they did not go bankrupt this offseason to haul in some of the best players in the NFL.....

The Redskins do that EVERY YEAR. You will need more than that.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Keep talking, I've heard all of this before. Eagles fans have a problem with that, they talk and talk and talk, then cry when their precious team doesn't make it in the end.

I do not ever cry -- I boo. :shades:

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Philly fans at least we know at least one thing for sure we have a more durable QB, that can take a beatin, unlike Mcnabb...... Mario should be able to help Mcnabb out early this season, that way Mcnabb can start his vacation a little earlier this year.....

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Oh by the way is Mcnabb still making those Soup commercials up there, should'nt he be shaking a Philly Cheesteak up in the air, instead of a spoon....:challenge

Honoring Earl 34
08-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Here is the problem ... the Eagles are to small upfront . They average about 290 lbs maybe . The Texans are the 3rd team in rushing right now and I don't see us getting anywhere under 4.8 yds a carry .

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Philly fans at least we know at least one thing for sure we have a more durable QB, that can take a beatin, unlike Mcnabb...... Mario should be able to help Mcnabb out early this season, that way Mcnabb can start his vacation a little earlier this year.....

Yeah I know. McNabb is hurt all the time. Yeah.... riiiiiight.

One thing is for sure, McNabb > Carr. Carr will never see the Superbowl and might never see a playoff game unless it's on TV.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Here is the problem ... the Eagles are to small upfront . They average about 290 lbs maybe . The Texans are the 3rd team in rushing right now and I don't see us getting anywhere under 4.8 yds a carry .

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Another reason why Houston fans gets laughed at by the stupid media but it is starting to look like the media is right.

run-david-run
08-25-2006, 02:30 PM

1. Eagles 10-6
2. Giants 10-6
3. Cowboys 8-8
4. Redskins 6-10

Did you even look at the schedule? LMAO! They will start out at 6-0. We have HOU AWAY, NYG HOME, SF AWAY, GB HOME, DAL HOME, and NO AWAY. AI believe we will win all of those games. For the ones that cannot add -- that is SIX.

Then TAM AWAY and JAX HOME before the BYE. Right now, I think we will lose those two games.
Hold up, how many divison games did you win last year? I believe the record was somewhere in the region of 0-6, much like us..yay! Before you go saying 6-0, look at what has acctually happened to your team! The front office has slowly robbed your team of so much talent whenever a player asks for more money. This isn't the same Eagles team of 03 and 04, and sure as hell aint the same team from 05/ By the way, i think a lot of players were sympathetic to the TO situation...looks like you might be batteling more then the Texans on Sunday if you dont get your stuff together.

Kaiser Toro
08-25-2006, 02:31 PM

Whatever brah. You have a fractured locker room, no solution for the zone blocking scheme, fragile RB's, no WR's. Your strengths are your team makes the best Chunky Soup commericals and your Coach won a President Taft look a like contest in a landslide against runner up Mike Holmgren.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Howard_Taft

run-david-run
08-25-2006, 02:33 PM
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Another reason why Houston fans gets laughed at by the stupid media but it is starting to look like the media is right.
Have you seen us play recently? Yes.. its only preaseason...blah blah balh, but no one has come close to stopping us, first, second or third string. Last time you faced a Kubiak/zone blocking team, you allowed TWO 100 yard rushers! And by the way, DD is yet to play a down in this new offense and we have a new-found stable of running backs, write us off at your own risk

gwallaia
08-25-2006, 02:34 PM
There is only one NFL team that neither Houston team has beat. The Philadelphia Eagles.

That will change on September 10, 2006.

run-david-run
08-25-2006, 02:36 PM
And may I just add...how many 1000 yard rushers have you had the last few years? 1000/16=62.5... that means that your leading rusher has averaged fewer then 60 yards a game rushing! I dont think that qualifies Westbrook as a dual threat...he is a receiver that lines up in the backfield!

HOU-TEX
08-25-2006, 02:37 PM
Whatever brah. You have a fractured locker room, no solution for the zone blocking scheme, fragile RB's, no WR's. Your strengths are your team makes the best Chunky Soup commericals and your Coach won a President Taft look a like contest in a landslide against runner up Mike Holmgren.

lol: Outstanding!!! Sooo how much does Andy Reid weigh nowadays? He's a larrrge man.

Honoring Earl 34
08-25-2006, 02:38 PM
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Your DL is Kearse 265 , Patterson 292 , a ex Vol I've never heard of 294 and the ex Saint Darren Howard 275 . Way to small , I'm thinking 5.5 yds a carry .

whiskeyrbl
08-25-2006, 02:39 PM

1. Eagles 10-6
2. Giants 10-6
3. Cowboys 8-8
4. Redskins 6-10

After looking at your first 6 games I think you need to be more realistic and look at 2-4 and maybe 3-3. You will definitely start out 0-2. Last year was a fluke for us with an under par coaching staff.Theres a new sheriff in town and his name is Kubiak, that in itself will mean a better team.As far as your final order in the standings I see it more like

NYG 11-5
Was 9-7
Dal 9-7
Philly 7-9

run-david-run
08-25-2006, 02:44 PM
I also love how one of the Philly fans claims the Skins never do anything, yet last season they were dropped pass by Moss from taking the Alexander-less Seahawks to OT and possobly the NFC Championship game....damn they suck! Guess what, the Giants and Skins are the best team in your divison until proven otherwise

Honoring Earl 34
08-25-2006, 02:47 PM
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last year against the Broncos with the system we now run ... the Eagles were beat 49-21 and gave up 255 yds rushing for an average of 7.1 yds a carry . For a new car who was the OC for Denver ?

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Easy now Mama Mcnabb might be getting mad at us Texans fans right about now......you know what that means boy boys what this......about Reid he is pushing about 350 plus, they plan on using him on the line this year, so he can make a hole for Mcnabb to run through.....if westbrook is not back in time

HOU-TEX
08-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Easy now Mama Mcnabb might be getting mad at us Texans fans right about now......you know what that means boy boys what this......about Reid he is pushing about 350 plus, they plan on using him on the line this year, so he can make a hole for Mcnabb to run through.....if westbrook is not back in time

350?? He looks more like 400+. He couldn't bend over in a three point stance much less make holes. Maybe donut holes:yahoo:

Honoring Earl 34
08-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Well I guess recess is over for the flylikeaneagle , back to wood shop .

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Hold up, how many divison games did you win last year? I believe the record was somewhere in the region of 0-6, much like us..yay! Before you go saying 6-0, look at what has acctually happened to your team! The front office has slowly robbed your team of so much talent whenever a player asks for more money. This isn't the same Eagles team of 03 and 04, and sure as hell aint the same team from 05/ By the way, i think a lot of players were sympathetic to the TO situation...looks like you might be batteling more then the Texans on Sunday if you dont get your stuff together.

First off, I am not saying or never said that we will be 6-0 in the division. Most of those teams I listed are not even in the NFC East. LMAO! Those are the first 6 teams we play this year.

Second, last year's fiasco was because of injuries. Too many probowler out, McNabb injured all year, and we had more than a dozen good players on the IR for most of the year. Last year was last year. Has no effect on this year but the addition of better Depth.

Last, this team is together and even the coaching staffs is saying that they never seen a team working so hard together as this team. There is no hard feelings or any internal problems going on this year. None. So keep trying to fish that one out of a dried out lake.... nothing there.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 02:58 PM
And may I just add...how many 1000 yard rushers have you had the last few years? 1000/16=62.5... that means that your leading rusher has averaged fewer then 60 yards a game rushing! I dont think that qualifies Westbrook as a dual threat...he is a receiver that lines up in the backfield!

Do not need 1000 yard rushers. We spread the ball around a lot. There are not me me me in this team.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 03:00 PM

Back from where? He is fine. Wow... :homer:

whiskeyrbl
08-25-2006, 03:01 PM
Last, this team is together and even the coaching staffs is saying that they never seen a team working so hard together as this team.

That is the same rhetoric I have heard from every camp that has been shown on NFL Network. What are they suppose to say. I don't know about this team they suck? I'm sure every team looks good at their practices in some form or fashion, but let's wait and see when heads start getting cracked for real!

Kaiser Toro
08-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Last year against the Broncos with the system we now run ... the Eagles were beat 49-21 and gave up 255 yds rushing for an average of 7.1 yds a carry . For a new car who was the OC for Denver ?

I have been looking for a response to this for a day Earl. Just so they can see the stats and a reminder that they faced the Falcons and Broncos early in the season.

Falcons averaged 5.0 yds per rush
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20050912_PHI@ATL

Broncos averaged 7.1 yads per rush
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20051030_PHI@DEN

Eaglets, you have some splaining to dooooooo.

thunderkyss
08-25-2006, 03:04 PM

Too bad we're in the AFC.......... you can think about that as you're getting your a55 waxed on Sept10th........

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 03:05 PM

Just because Kubiak is the Texans coach, do not think it will be that quick of an impact. LOL! Dayum. You think this guy is bigger than GOD or something and he has not coached one single game for you guys yet. LOL!

Denver game. Totally different Eagles team then. Hell, out RB was LaMar Gordon, McNabb was hurt, and a different team. Last year was last year.

Honoring Earl 34
08-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Just because Kubiak is the Texans coach, do not think it will be that quick of an impact. LOL! Dayum. You think this guy is bigger than GOD or something and he has not coached one single game for you guys yet. LOL!

Denver game. Totally different Eagles team then. Hell, out RB was LaMar Gordon, McNabb was hurt, and a different team. Last year was last year.
How did you boys do at stopping the Ravens last week ?

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 03:13 PM
I have been looking for a response to this for a day Earl. Just so they can see the stats and a reminder that they faced the Falcons and Broncos early in the season.

Falcons averaged 5.0 yds per rush
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20050912_PHI@ATL

Broncos averaged 7.1 yads per rush
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20051030_PHI@DEN

Eaglets, you have some splaining to dooooooo.

Did we have the players we have now on that team last year? The answer is no. Kearse had no help at all and now he does... HOWARD. This is the reason we have an offseason... to make traded and pickups to improve the team. We also have a big guy like Bunkley, Trent Cole (which is amazing), and other guys to fill that void. Hell, they held LaMont Jordan and the Raiders to -3 years. That dash is a negative. lol I think this Defense will be a Top 5 defense. Thanks for playing and good luck to your Texans this year. I hope they have a great year and only lose to the Eagles.

santo
08-25-2006, 03:13 PM
You think this guy is bigger than GOD or something and he has not coached one single game for you guys yet. LOL!

Close. He was sent from God, more like a prophet here to tell us of the things to come

Kubiak + :logo: = :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

Kaiser Toro
08-25-2006, 03:15 PM
You think this guy is bigger than GOD or something and he has not coached one single game for you guys yet.

We know he is not bigger than Coach Taft.

Doom Capers
08-25-2006, 03:16 PM
I am sorry man, but you guys are not taking that division. As talented as your team may be, there is no way. You may not be at the bottom (probably like we will be) but you will not be at the top.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 03:23 PM
How did you boys do at stopping the Ravens last week ?

They did okay. First two possesions for us were scores. For them...first possession they had to punt. Second was a FG. 3rd was a fumble. 4th was punt. We only held them to 54 yards rushing the 1st half though. Held Lewis to 27 yards (3.0 avg). 9 attepts for 27 yards.

Philly's RB Mahe averaged 7.0 yards a carry but only carried the ball twice. Westy did not play.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Close. He was sent from God, more like a prophet here to tell us of the things to come

I hope so...

EaglesFanPhila
08-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Come on man. You can do better that this.l

At least put some darn thought into the thread for crying out loud. No wonder people hate us *shake head*
Dallas Sucks! Although this is the Texans board, it still fits here as well.:tease:

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 03:24 PM
I am sorry man, but you guys are not taking that division. As talented as your team may be, there is no way. You may not be at the bottom (probably like we will be) but you will not be at the top.

You might be right but you never know. Too many 'what ifs' in sports.

TexanFanInCC
08-25-2006, 03:37 PM
yeah i remember good ole san diego in 2004. people thought they would be lucky to win 4 games that yr, especially since their #1 starting reciever was kevin dyson. well little did they know about the good complementary recievers like eric parker, reche caldwell, and the stud antonio gates. of course they still had ladanian. while on paper, the eagles dont have the best recievers, all it takes are some good route runners. if u have guys that run good routes, it wont matter what their name is because good routes = open looks. that will make any reciever look good...and donovan is the QB that can find anyone. he's proven that even b4 he had TO. im not taking the eagles for granted. we all took the chargers for granted b4 week 1 of 2004, and they embarrased us in our crib. im going to remain optimistic that we can win, but i wont trash talk and guarantee anything.

JDizzle
08-25-2006, 03:42 PM
You Eagle fans are hilarious.

texflex513
08-25-2006, 03:43 PM

That's it. What are you people thinking here? Texans beat the Eagles? R U nuts! We are about to reclaim the ranking of the most dominant team in the NFC. I'm afraid for every team in the NFL. Last season really left a bad taste in our mouths. The Steelers will be the first to feel the wrath tonight.

LOL X 1000 you guys will be lucky if that pidgeon you have for a quarterback can make it to week 3 without a season ending injury>>BROKEN FINGERNAIL.

Texans_Chick
08-25-2006, 03:51 PM

And KT wins the thread by a knockout. :perfect10:

I am very curious to hear Eagle fans' response to their troubles against zone blocking.

BTW, the Broncos played the NFC East last year and Kubiak has that relatively recent game planning still in his noggin.

TexanFanInCC
08-25-2006, 03:56 PM

as for this quote, i think if anyone should be afraid, it should be the eagles. if the eagles dont come to play, they may end up on the wrong end of the scoreboard...and philly fans are some of the toughest fans in the country on their beloved eagles. they wouldnt be too happy if the eagles lost to a team that won 2 games last yr....regardless of how improved we are. im sure alot of philly fans think that the texans are a cake-walk. i will guarantee that if we lose, it wont be by blowout.

Hookem Horns
08-25-2006, 04:31 PM
We stink in our openers? Go ask any Cowboys fan how bad the Texans stink in openers.

BTW, http://www.blueshirtboards.com/yabbfiles/Smilies/flyers2.gif http://www.blueshirtboards.com/yabbfiles/Smilies/rangers.gif

Had to get that in. :)

run-david-run
08-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Do not need 1000 yard rushers. We spread the ball around a lot. There are not me me me in this team.
BS!! Who else on the team has anything resembling decent yardage on the ground?

run-david-run
08-25-2006, 06:22 PM
First off, I am not saying or never said that we will be 6-0 in the division. Most of those teams I listed are not even in the NFC East. LMAO! Those are the first 6 teams we play this year.

Second, last year's fiasco was because of injuries. Too many probowler out, McNabb injured all year, and we had more than a dozen good players on the IR for most of the year. Last year was last year. Has no effect on this year but the addition of better Depth.

Last, this team is together and even the coaching staffs is saying that they never seen a team working so hard together as this team. There is no hard feelings or any internal problems going on this year. None. So keep trying to fish that one out of a dried out lake.... nothing there.
You said your record will be 6-0 after 6 games, but you have two divison rivals, both of whom sweept you last year, in those first 6 games. And yeah, of course, last year will have no affect at all on the exact same coaching staff (minus one of the best offensive coordinators in the nfl) and pretty much the same roster minus TO...

run-david-run
08-25-2006, 06:26 PM

Alex Gibbs was in the Denver system...he went too Atlanta and turned Warrick Dunn into a Pro-Bowler and Atlanta into the top rushing team in the league (somewhat skewed because of Vick, I know). What you come to learn after watching the development of teams under certain coaches is that it is the system that enables players to succeed. Basically, these people (Shanahhan, Kubiak, Gibbs) know what makes a succesfull running game. Oh, and he Kubes coached two games already, we're 2-0.

Malloy
08-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Are you smoking something? Did anyone ever tell you to PUFF PUFF PASS?

Best response to the original poster so far :)

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-25-2006, 08:03 PM
1. Eagles 10-6
2. Giants 10-6
3. Cowboys 8-8
4. Redskins 6-10

Do you know what's funny about this post?

I don't defend it. Nor support it. But post it in a Cowboy/Redskins forum and watch the sparks fly...That's when I take out the popcorn. :popcorn:

Cowboy fans can be arrogant. Redskins fans are rabid.

texan767
08-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Gaffney finally has a QB who will have time to actually throw the ball.

Yes, but has he learned how to hang on to a ball?

Vinny
08-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Yes, but has he learned how to hang on to a ball?Gaffney has always had great hands. Let's not be total homers here people.

Hulk75
08-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Yeah I know. McNabb is hurt all the time. Yeah.... riiiiiight.

One thing is for sure, McNabb > Carr. Carr will never see the Superbowl and might never see a playoff game unless it's on TV.
Wow.............OOOOOOOOOOO!

Your going to loose, go away now.:cool:

Hulk75
08-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Gaffney has always had great hands. Let's not be total homers here people.
Yea maybe, but after the catch he curls into a little ball.

aj.
08-25-2006, 09:00 PM
... he curls into a little ball.

Must have had a good teacher/role model.

HoustonFan
08-25-2006, 09:32 PM
This is for our friends reppin' for the Eagles. How many Superbowl WINS has Andy Reed been a part of?

Just asking. I'll give Andy Reid credit he has done a good job w/ the Eagles since getting there. But Kubiak does have 3 rings and I'm sure that will rub off on the Texans. Hey maybe we could see the Texans and Eagles in a Superbowl some day.

Grid
08-25-2006, 09:37 PM
These Eagle fans are giving us SO much good material :D. When we beat them, we are gonna have like 3 or 4 pages full of Eagle boasting to laugh at.

I got 10 bucks that says not a one of these guys shows thier face after we mop the floor with them in week 1.

texflex513
08-25-2006, 09:40 PM
This is for our friends reppin' for the Eagles. How many Superbowl WINS has Andy Reed been a part of?

Just asking. I'll give Andy Reid credit he has done a good job w/ the Eagles since getting there. But Kubiak does have 3 rings and I'm sure that will rub off on the Texans. Hey maybe we could see the Texans and Eagles in a Superbowl some day.

Reid kinda reminds me of john elway they both are good at what they do but neither were snot without a running game... Elway got his running game and super bowl wins.. when will andy get his running game/superbowl winidonno: lol

Texanfan4ever
08-25-2006, 09:42 PM

I love it! Get ready Eagles, you are dead!!!!!: The Texans have their John Wayne. His name is Gary Kubiak!!! Eat your heart out!! Bring your ambulances, and get ready! Mario and crew are primed and ready for your offense...

TexanFanInCC
08-25-2006, 09:45 PM
These Eagle fans are giving us SO much good material :D. When we beat them, we are gonna have like 3 or 4 pages full of Eagle boasting to laugh at.

I got 10 bucks that says not a one of these guys shows thier face after we mop the floor with them in week 1.

as i said earlier, i wont trash talk nor will i predict anything. remember san diego week 1 in 2004. most of us trash talked and ultimately, this team that was not supposed to win more than 4 games but did anyways beat us in our own field.

i think the texans can win, but im not going to destroy the karma with trash talk. lets stay classy houston. :cool:

thunderkyss
08-25-2006, 09:50 PM
Yea maybe, but after the catch he curls into a little ball.

I'd much rather the guy who rolls into a ball after a catch, than the guy.......

HULK75, I'm really trying to quit......... stop baiting me.

:francis:

Bobo
08-26-2006, 12:15 AM

I'm not big Texans supporter, but it seems like the Eagles aren't much better than the Texans. The Eagles have lost their best receiver, their top RB now has two bad wheels, and their QB is coming off a season-ending injury. The defense isn't all that great either. You can say the Texans stink, have an inexperienced, green coaching staff that doesn't know which end is up and won't win more than five games. But in the same breath, if you are a realist, you must admit that the Eagles aren't in much better shape except they have a much, much better coach. The Eagles are coming off a year where they finished in the cellar of their division. I don't see anything to be afraid of.

BigDTexansFan
08-26-2006, 01:05 AM

My momma told me not to talk to strange people who talk loud and only to themselves.

I am thinking you were lucky to only be 6-10 last season and EVERYONE seems to think 8-8 will be a good outlook for iggles, I don't recall Philedelphia making much noise on Free Agency....did you guys sign anybody

BigDTexansFan
08-26-2006, 01:08 AM
as i said earlier, i wont trash talk nor will i predict anything. remember san diego week 1 in 2004. most of us trash talked and ultimately, this team that was not supposed to win more than 4 games but did anyways beat us in our own field.

I blame San Diego loss on electrical problems, late in 4th quarter we had forced San Diego to go 3 and out. Momentum had shifted and then bang power goes out. We stand around waiting for roof to open. by that time it was over.:twocents:

BigDTexansFan
08-26-2006, 01:15 AM

1. Eagles 10-6
2. Giants 10-6
3. Cowboys 8-8
4. Redskins 6-10

MIGHT want to take a look at END of schedule before make travel plans for playoffs

Nov 26th Indy Away
Dec 3rd Carolina Home
Dec 10th Wash Away
Dec 17th NY Giants
Dec 24th Dallas AWay

That to me looks like a long stretch of bad road, I wasn't aware until heard someone talking how Philly had a brutal schedule at end of season and 8-8 would be an improvement.

CoachJim
08-26-2006, 01:42 AM
That light at the end of the tunnel isn't the end of the tunnel ...

HARRYJ
08-26-2006, 01:50 AM
And KT wins the thread by a knockout. :perfect10:

I am very curious to hear Eagle fans' response to their troubles against zone blocking.

BTW, the Broncos played the NFC East last year and Kubiak has that relatively recent game planning still in his noggin.

Traditionally the eagles value speed over brute size. Zone blocking is about as brutal as it gets and lbs. make a big difference. Pretty much they are overpowered.

Kubs gameplaned against a patchwork team last year. If he kept that book and plans to use it on Sept. 10th it's gonna get ugly pretty quick.

flylikeaneagle
08-26-2006, 03:41 AM
MIGHT want to take a look at END of schedule before make travel plans for playoffs

Nov 26th Indy Away
Dec 3rd Carolina Home
Dec 10th Wash Away
Dec 17th NY Giants
Dec 24th Dallas AWay

That to me looks like a long stretch of bad road, I wasn't aware until heard someone talking how Philly had a brutal schedule at end of season and 8-8 would be an improvement.

Yeah, they do have a brutal schedule. I saw that a long, long time ago. LOL!

TheOgre
08-26-2006, 07:32 AM
Gaffney has good hands is truly meant to be a #3 slot receiver. He doesn't have the separation/speed to play on every down though.

The Eagles are my second favorite team. I give them about a 60% chance of winning the opener. I'm still not convinced they are back to 2004 (and before) form yet. I am hopeful.

In the NFC East, I think the Skins fall (their QB situation is a joke. Did you see their offense in those two playoff games?), the Giants will float around .500, and it will be a two-team race between Dallas and Philly.

Parcells has a history of making it work with problem children (LT, Terry Glenn, and Meshawn) as long as they perform on the field. Bledsoe looked good last year until Flo Adams (LT) went down. I think the defense they have put together will be great.

The Eagles front four on defense along with their secondary are great. My issues with the team are LB and WR. I hope Buckhalter stays healthy. Him and Westbrook make a good 1-2 punch. I also think McNabb will bounce back with no T.O. disrupting everything. 10-6 seems par for the course.

Kaiser Toro
08-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Gaffney has good hands is truly meant to be a #3 slot receiver. He doesn't have the separation/speed to play on every down though.

The Eagles are my second favorite team. I give them about a 60% chance of winning the opener. I'm still not convinced they are back to 2004 (and before) form yet. I am hopeful.

In the NFC East, I think the Skins fall (their QB situation is a joke. Did you see their offense in those two playoff games?), the Giants will float around .500, and it will be a two-team race between Dallas and Philly.

Parcells has a history of making it work with problem children (LT, Terry Glenn, and Meshawn) as long as they perform on the field. Bledsoe looked good last year until Flo Adams (LT) went down. I think the defense they have put together will be great.

The Eagles front four on defense along with their secondary are great. My issues with the team are LB and WR. I hope Buckhalter stays healthy. Him and Westbrook make a good 1-2 punch. I also think McNabb will bounce back with no T.O. disrupting everything. 10-6 seems par for the course.

I agree with everything except for the bold. Parcells overlooked LT as well as the media until the sunset of LT's career. Glenn and Keyshawn were not as big as problems as they were out to be, but given the hype machine that follows Parcells he can spin anything he wants.

Parcells is the most most overhyped coach in the last 30 years in my opinion. The genius is in NE and LT retired long ago.

aj.
08-26-2006, 10:24 AM
If anyone is trying to build a case against the Eagles using the "zone blocking" argument, you need to include their two games against the Redskins last year in the scope of the argument. The Skins incorporated many aspects of the stretch and backside cut and go into their offensive system last year and Portis thrived in it - although in their game at home against the Eagles in November, the Skins could do nothing on the ground.

The Eagles have a little different look on their front seven this year. Darren Howard is a hand full, Bunkley and Patterson are very promising young players.

The Eagles are going to be a very tough opponent and they are going to bring the house against our OL and QB until we can prove we can protect. Zone blocking doesn't mean diddly squat when you're trying to account for blitzing linebackers. If the Texans can run the ball effectively, that will take the pressure off Carr and keep the pressure in check to a degree. That's a big if and one of the keys to the game.

The game is winnable for the Texans but just because we installed our version of the Denver offense doesn't mean the result will be the same, especially in the first week against a tough opponent. Kubiak will have his guys ready to play. So will Smith. I'm concerned about our secondary and the Carr panic meter. We can't afford to get behind by 10 or more early.

In the Atlanta-Phi game last year, it looks like it was Atlanta's defense (or Philly's inept and mistake prone offense - take your pick) that had as much or more to do with the Falcons winning that game versus their "zone blocking scheme." What exactly did Atlanta's offense do in that game after the first quarter that was so impressive? I see six punts and two lost fumbles in their last eight drives.

Kaiser Toro
08-26-2006, 11:09 AM
40 rushes at 5.0 yds per clip (29 att for the RB's, 132 yds) against 23 passing attempts for the Falcons spells taking time off the clock to have a rested defense and put pressure on the pass happy Eagles. It also must be noted that Trotter was kicked out the of the game.

The Falcons controlled the time of possession in each quarter. Not exciting for many, but effective use of a scheme that has worked against the Eagles D.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20050912_PHI@ATL

aj.
08-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Sure, "controlling clock" is the obvious hindsight argument here, albeit a weak one.

Just a guess but I would think the odds are fairly well stacked against any team to come out with a win if they don't score any points on their final eight drives of any given game.

Dunn had three nice runs of 10 or more, but some of their rushing yards came from Vick and probably had little to do with "zone blocking." The Eagles D also had to contend with the Vick run threat which is a slightly different game plan than the Carr run threat.

Looking ahead, if the Texans don't score on their final eight drives or in the final three quarters against the Eagles on opening weekend, I'm fairly confident they won't win the game.

Kaiser Toro
08-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Sure, "controlling clock" is the obvious hindsight argument here, albeit a weak one.

Just a guess but I would think the odds are fairly well stacked against any team to come out with a win if they don't score any points on their final eight drives of any given game.

Some of those rushing yards came from Vick and probably had little to do with "zone blocking."

Looking ahead, if the Texans don't score on their final eight drives against the Eagles on opening weekend, I'm fairly confident they won't win the game.

I agree controlling the clock is a hyped residual benefit of a running game. That logic definitely passes muster in our travels throughout NFL history. Moreover, hindsight is what coaches base their startegy off of for the future. I have to agree with you once again that watching tape and looking at stats are awful predictors for trends to help us with the future.

I am fairly confident that if we are up 14-0 in the first quarter and we control the time of possession in each quarter we will win the game as the Falcons did. I know it is crazy and defies logic, but I am ignorant and a homer and that is how I base my opinions.

Vinny
08-26-2006, 11:42 AM
I am fairly confident that if we are up 14-0 in the first quarter and we control the time of possession in each quarter we will win the game as the Falcons did. I know it is crazy and defies logic, but I am ignorant and a homer and that is how I base my opinions.I see you are Channelling Dom Capers again.

Kaiser Toro
08-26-2006, 11:44 AM
I see you are Channelling Dom Capers again.

When were we up 14-0 in the first quarter of a game in the Capers era and stuck to a running game?

Vinny
08-26-2006, 11:46 AM
When were we up 14-0 in the first quarter of a game in the Capers era and stuck to a running game?I have a very dry sense of humor Kaiser

Kaiser Toro
08-26-2006, 11:47 AM
I have a very dry sense of humor Kaiser

It comes with being an Amigo Invisible. :)

Sorry I am just perturbed. Normally the dryness bleeds well with my high brow.

infantrycak
08-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Wow we have dry, tart and high brow in the same thread--there's a novelty. :shades:

aj.
08-26-2006, 11:53 AM
I have to agree with you once again that watching tape and looking at stats are awful predictors for trends to help us with the future.

If you want to debate, that's great. If you want to be a condescending wise ass, I'll move on to another topic that doesn't involve you. Let me know.

Kaiser Toro
08-26-2006, 11:56 AM
If you want to debate, that's great. If you want to be a condescending wise ass, I'll move on to another topic that doesn't involve you. Let me know.

Your sweetness is my weakness.

aj.
08-26-2006, 11:57 AM
Okay, just thought I'd confirm it.

flylikeaneagle
08-26-2006, 12:57 PM
It also must be noted that Trotter was kicked out the of the game.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20050912_PHI@ATL

Their coach was smart for setting that up. Trotter was wrongfully thrown out of that game and the Falcons gave eachother high fives for doing their jobs. Smart.

Roughnecks
08-26-2006, 01:10 PM
The Eagles have a little different look on their front seven this year. Darren Howard is a hand full, Bunkley and Patterson are very promising young players.

The Eagles are going to be a very tough opponent and they are going to bring the house against our OL and QB until we can prove we can protect. Zone blocking doesn't mean diddly squat when you're trying to account for blitzing linebackers.
You can change that blitz at will mind set with halfback screens I seen it work pretty well last night when the Steelers did it. I'm not saying it will be a cake walk but it can be done. Coach Kubes will see them blitzing like crazy and make the adjustments that is the diffrence between this years team and the team from last year good coaching.

flylikeaneagle
08-26-2006, 01:13 PM
In reality, the Eagles did not have to blitz that much which is odd because this is preseason and there were a lot of young guys in there. That could be a good sign also.

Roughnecks
08-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Lets face it that what the Eagles do when healthy and come the reagular season it will pin your ears back and go and thats when we will see how our coach's react. I think they will do well calling the adjustments. It will be a good game to work off win or lose but like I said I see us pulling a shocker and winning a close one.

aj.
08-26-2006, 01:32 PM
You can change that blitz at will mind set with halfback screens I seen it work pretty well last night when the Steelers did it. I'm not saying it will be a cake walk but it can be done. Coach Kubes will see them blitzing like crazy and make the adjustments that is the diffrence between this years team and the team from last year good coaching.

There's many ways to beat the blitz. Knowing how it's drawn up is one thing. Doing it is another. Until we do it consistently and effectively, expect to see frequent jailbreaks. And I'm not talking about Punk Man Jones.

flylikeaneagle
08-26-2006, 01:41 PM
It's only preseason but the Eagles' first team has not allowed a touchdown yet.

TK_Gamer
08-26-2006, 01:47 PM
I think if we win it will be on a key turnover and a well timed blitz beating deep ball by david carr

Kaiser Toro
08-26-2006, 01:50 PM
I think if we win it will be on a key turnover and a well timed blitz beating deep ball by david carr

If you are correct, that type of result in the Kubiak era's first game would kickstart our fortunes and a playoff run would be well within our reach. I love the smell of confidence on a Monday morning.

Wolf
08-26-2006, 03:05 PM
http://emoticons.sportsimagezone.com/sportsimages/emoticons/000000/151o.jpg

same as us but we only had 5 years
:heh:

aj.
08-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Give 'em a break, they won the NFL championship 46 years ago.

The Eagles are tied with the Vikings for the third most futile NFL franchise (in terms of league championship) behind the Cardinals and Lions.

Wolf
08-26-2006, 03:38 PM
seriously on this thread.

NFC East should be pretty tough division ,but with parity in the NFL, most divisions are pretty tough(maybe except NFC West)

I really think we can pull off an upset(if it really is called an upset). 1) What scouting report does the Eagles have on us? Denver's would be close, but I expect Kubiak to put his spin on it and change stuff.
2)I honestly believe eventhough we won 2 games last season, we were more talented than what our record showed. Just scheme/coaching/confidence was shot in 2005.

Game should be good,Eagles were banged up last season and I expect them to rebound, but not sure if they are playoff bound due to the NFC East is tough.

TEXANRED
08-26-2006, 03:46 PM
I don't know - the post has something. I'm trying to put my finger on it...
...words! It has words!

Most of them are spelled right too.

I've got a finger for it.

That was funny and you know it.

TEXANRED
08-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Give 'em a break, they won the NFL championship 46 years ago.

The Eagles are tied with the Vikings for the third most futile NFL franchise (in terms of league championship) behind the Cardinals and Lions.
One of my best friends are from Philly and I am always making fun of him.

1) Texans and Eagles are tied in the amount of Superbowl rings.

2) Dallas has 5, Redskins have 2, Giants have 2, Eagles have.........oh yea....0.
There is one positive thing I can say about the Eagles. They are not the Cowboys.

aj.
08-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Hey, Chuck Bednarik and Norm Van Brocklin were bad azz... give 'em some respect. Are they still alive?

Kaiser Toro
08-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Hey, Chuck Bednarik and Norm Van Brocklin were bad azz... give 'em some respect. Are they still alive?

NVB
http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=221
His greatest day as a passer came in 1951 when he threw for a record 554 yards against the New York Yanks.

Wolf
08-26-2006, 04:27 PM
If only Moon could have gotten 28 more yards :heh:

:whip:

BlueThunder
08-26-2006, 04:53 PM
texanpride

Jwwillis
08-26-2006, 06:29 PM
If only Moon could have gotten 28 more yards :heh:

:whip:

I remember that game. Moon could have broken the record but they sat him in the 4th. The anouncers thought he should have been kept in to break it. After all it is an old record.

jgl35
08-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Norm died many years ago. Chuck is still alive and was at camp this year.