PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on Ryans?

Roughnecks
08-24-2006, 11:19 PM
I don't know if tis has been thrown out there but Ryan just seems like a stud at LB. I am impressed with his play this preseason and can not wait to see him play the Broncos. He has not had to go aginst a team that runs like Denver. So I am ready to see him just sworm the ball and fly take one of the Bells head off with Ryans and Super Mario our defense has a very bright future. Try to think back to the House of Pain Al Smith,Curtis Duncun, Ray Childress, Sean Jones boy that was the days but our D has a brite furture with Ryans and Mario.

texan767
08-24-2006, 11:28 PM
uh... Wasn't Curtis Duncan a reciever?

Roughnecks
08-24-2006, 11:32 PM
uh... Wasn't Curtis Duncan a reciever?
Yes but I was talking about the team as a whole there was good team chemistry and you can see these guys doing the same.

texflex513
08-24-2006, 11:49 PM
I don't know if tis has been thrown out there but Ryan just seems like a stud at LB. I am impressed with his play this preseason and can not wait to see him play the Broncos. He has not had to go aginst a team that runs like Denver. So I am ready to see him just sworm the ball and fly take one of the Bells head off with Ryans and Super Mario our defense has a very bright future. Try to think back to the House of Pain Al Smith,Curtis Duncun, Ray Childress, Sean Jones boy that was the days but our D has a brite furture with Ryans and Mario.

Mario is a bigger stronger and faster version of sean jones and i see demeco being as good as and maybe better than al smith we also have 2 hard hitting safeties to add to the mix. This season is gonna be sweet!!!! i can see us having a very intimidating D fense this year.

utahmark
08-24-2006, 11:59 PM
uhm! could someone give me directions to a david carr post.

texflex513
08-25-2006, 12:02 AM
uhm! could someone give me directions to a david carr post.

sure....http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=26960 :ok:

Divebomb
08-25-2006, 01:23 AM
Ryan will make some mistakes this year but he could develop into a Leader for our D. It will be fun to see Mario and Ryans develop this year.

TEXANRED
08-25-2006, 08:26 AM
Dont forget to mention Seals, Montgomery, and Fuller.:)

TexanBacker93
08-25-2006, 09:08 AM
I've stated it in another post, but I will put it here as well. I think when it everything is finished, DeMeco Ryans will be considered the best linebacker out of the 2006 draft. He's got great instincts and he seems to be everywhere. He'll have rookie moments, but IMHO he will be great.

Vinny
08-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Kubiak just named him the starter at the mike on opening day...no real surprise here, but it's official now.

PapaL
08-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Kubiak just named him the starter at the mike on opening day...no real surprise here, but it's official now.

Great News!

phan1
08-25-2006, 10:29 PM
I actually haven't seen what the big deal is....yet. I thought he's been OK so far this preseason. But right now I don't see him in the running for ROTY yet.

K.D.
08-25-2006, 10:32 PM
It's good to hear that Ryans is the official stater, this guy is really going to contribute and lay some bigg hits on people. Between Ryans,Greenwood,Orr our LB's are going to be a successful unit this season,with the aggressiveness of our front 4, this is going to be a beauty to watch. :yahoo: I just hope our DB's can hold up their end of the bargain, but I have faith cuz of the pressure were going to put on oppossing QB's.:texflag:

Vinny
08-25-2006, 11:01 PM
But right now I don't see him in the running for ROTY yet.
probably because the season hasn't started. This is the time of year when the second/third team scrubs like Matt Cassell leads the league in passing and Greg Jennings leads the league in receptions.

CoachJim
08-26-2006, 12:03 AM
... and Greg Jennings leads the league in receptions.

Who the HEYAL is Greg Jennings? ...

CoachJim
08-26-2006, 12:12 AM
And now for my 300th post Imma go out on that limb with Vin & say DRyans will emerge as the DROY. JVilma didn't exactly kick the door in at 1st on his way to robbing DRobinson for DROY a couple of years ago. He'll get better quick as Vilma did IMO.

EDIT: Between Vin & myself, we cover the better part of 600 lbs. I hope that limbs pretty thick.

F-minus67
08-26-2006, 01:05 AM
not to be a downer, but I remember Vilma having a better defense around him as a rookie than Demeco has. I mean he had John Abraham, Shaun Ellis and Jason Ferguson in front of him.

CoachJim
08-26-2006, 01:28 AM
not to be a downer, but I remember Vilma having a better defense around him as a rookie than Demeco has. I mean he had John Abraham, Shaun Ellis and Jason Ferguson in front of him.

You don't think MWilliams, AWeaver, & maybe SPayne are comparable?

Scooter
08-26-2006, 02:06 AM

it's a little premature, but between depth and talent, i'd put our d-line in the realm of jacksonville & carolina. seeing ryans as DROY shouldnt suprise anyone ... he will lead this team in tackles, and if we can see any kind of success he'll be recognized for it. or at very least, he'll be the "obvious choice, but plays outside of new york & california" like dunta was. ryans is going to make his fair share of rookie mistakes, but we landed a gem ... i expect ryans to be similar to tatupu's season, but i'd assume about 20 more tackles.

Txn_in_FL
08-26-2006, 02:13 AM
What do I think? I think I've finally found someone worthy enough for me to blow cash on a jersey for.

Can't wait to see him shake off the rookie stuff and go totally monster on someone's offense.

:superman:

bigTEXan8
08-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Kind of glad I picked up Ryans with my last pick in fantasy football. He may be worth while if my other D players are showing up.

RiotCommander
08-26-2006, 11:32 AM
it's a little premature, but between depth and talent, i'd put our d-line in the realm of jacksonville & carolina. seeing ryans as DROY shouldnt suprise anyone ... he will lead this team in tackles, and if we can see any kind of success he'll be recognized for it. or at very least, he'll be the "obvious choice, but plays outside of new york & california" like dunta was. ryans is going to make his fair share of rookie mistakes, but we landed a gem ... i expect ryans to be similar to tatupu's season, but i'd assume about 20 more tackles.

The only problem I see with Ryans getting DROY is Mario Williams. I believe they will take votes away from each other so that neither of them get it. I will most likely be some rookie on another team that doesn't have someone else fighting for the spot. =)

I just hope I can get a picture of either Mario or Ryans blind-siding Manning. Thats an award in itself.

kingh99
08-26-2006, 12:22 PM
The only problem I see with Ryans getting DROY is Mario Williams. I believe they will take votes away from each other so that neither of them get it. I will most likely be some rookie on another team that doesn't have someone else fighting for the spot. =)

I just hope I can get a picture of either Mario or Ryans blind-siding Manning. Thats an award in itself.

Has Ryans been sent on a blitz yet? I haven't seen one called for the MLB yet. This isn't Buddy Ryan's defense. Is the MLB going to get many blitz chances?

RiotCommander
08-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Has Ryans been sent on a blitz yet? I haven't seen one called for the MLB yet. This isn't Buddy Ryan's defense. Is the MLB going to get many blitz chances?

Sure on a delayed blitz they are sent up the middle sometimes :) As long as he does his job I could really care less if he gets sacks. (I was giving an example of how it can be used. I have not as of yet seen Ryans blitz, but I would not rule it out either. This is the preseason my friend.)

beerlover
08-26-2006, 12:45 PM
I beleived DeMeco had the tools to play the M I K E position for the Texans from the draft now its been confirmed :)

He is intelligent, aggressive excellent in run support/filling lanes & can drop back in pass coverage. When the front four become as disruptive as I think they will become this will put Ryans in space & blitzing will be more of a option, for the time being I think Smith is trying to take it slow with him and give him time to develop his reads & offensive sets/playcalling.

I see no reason why DeMeco Ryans can't be just as effective as Seattle LB Lofa Tatupu & that will be a great thing :yahoo:

flylikeaneagle
08-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Ryan is an incredible player and I am glad the Texans got him.

Scooter
08-26-2006, 12:47 PM

most deffinately. smith runs an aggressive 4-3 and the denver scheme is one of the most blitz happy defenses in the league. on more than one occasion it'll look like we've got 15 guys lined up across the LOS. ryans will have plenty of opportunity to hit some qb's provided the guys in front of him are handling things.

RiotCommander
08-26-2006, 12:49 PM
most deffinately. smith runs an aggressive 4-3 and the denver scheme is one of the most blitz happy defenses in the league. on more than one occasion it'll look like we've got 15 guys lined up across the LOS. ryans will have plenty of opportunity to hit some qb's provided the guys in front of him are handling things.

Thats a great point, the whole key to the 4-3 is the D-line keeping the O-line off the linebackers. If our LBs are albe to stay clean and play fast we could have a great front 7. I still feel uneasy about our OLBs. Greenwood could come along, and Orr can really hit people hard..I just dont like them every down.

Roughnecks
08-26-2006, 12:56 PM
If you figure Mario gets double team much of the game you could send a corner like Daunta off the edge Ryans up the middle on a delay it comes down to the secondary. If those guys can cause the qb to hold the ball a few more seconds then he wants, and with our speed there is no reason why sacks or int should not add up, speed is the key.

threetoedpete
08-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Who the HEYAL is Greg Jennings? ...
Rookie WR for Green bay fixin' to pass up Furgeson as the teams #2. He is leading the preseason in reception production.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/413737
JIC you weren't banging Vinnie's cage....

rmartin65
08-26-2006, 01:31 PM
I think Ryaans can be great. He has looked good so far.