PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins V Panthers

Vinny
08-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Chambers looks awesome....he even makes Joey H look good.

Grid
08-24-2006, 10:02 PM
DeAngelo Williams looks like what people were expecting from Bush.

TexanFan881
08-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Deangelo had a nice kick return TD :redtowel:

Grid
08-24-2006, 10:04 PM
what i meant by the comment was "DeAngelo Williams is big time"

TexanFan881
08-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Reggie Bush has no flaws :sarcasm:

mexican_texan
08-24-2006, 10:30 PM
I've been pimping DeAngelo Williams for OROY for a while now. He was the most NFL-ready player I saw in college. He can outrun some guys, but he can also ram through some guys. He's not like His Greatness, he won't try to reverse field every play.

Carr Bombed
08-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Chambers looks awesome....he even makes Joey H look good.

Yeah, I got Chambers in the 12th round of my fantasy Draft :shades: I'm loving this game so far.

I'm playing in a league with a whole bunch of guys from the base, they must be real uninformed, most of them just made homer picks

One guy spent 6 picks just on Cowboys (I don't know what he is going to do during their bye week.

my only Homer pick is A. Johnson :homer: , I had to grab a Texan, I'm expecting a big year from him.

texasguy346
08-25-2006, 08:57 AM
DeAngelo Williams is big time

Absolutely. He looked pretty impressive out there. I think there's a very good chance that DeAngelo will see more carries this year than DeShaun. He definately looks the part of a franchise type back.

JDizzle
08-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Wasn't there talk of us moving back up into the 1st round to get him? Oh well, we've got us a dern good Linebacker for not doing so.

jerek
08-25-2006, 10:29 AM
DeAngelo Williams is big time

I like DeMeco and Daniels, and in hindsight it looks like we're doing just fine at RB (not that there was any real doubt) but I wouldn't have minded us securing that tradeup to get DeAngelo. OROY in the Panthers system is probable.

wags
08-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Thomas Davis was friggin jacked up last night. I haven't seen him that pumped ever. One play he smacked Jenkins in the butt five times to get him to move down the line. He had a pretty decent night overall. The Panthers are going to send him on the blitz a ton this year.

Delhomme looked awful last night, especially when you put a blitz on him.

HOU-TEX
08-25-2006, 12:52 PM
I thought the Defenses were outstanding for both teams. I still find it hard to beleive Jason Taylor is as good as he is. 6'6" at 255 DE. Imagine what's going to happen when Mario learns those kinds of moves.:redtowel:

thunderkyss
08-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Wow.... Jason Taylor still making noise??

I thought he quit and went all supermodel & all...........

HOU-TEX
08-25-2006, 01:46 PM
Wow.... Jason Taylor still making noise??

I thought he quit and went all supermodel & all...........

Heck no! He's an outstanding player for his size. For what he lacks in size, he easily makes up for in speed and agility.

TexanExile
08-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Yeah...couple years ago he had a very slow start and made some very stupid public "screw the fans" comments that were out of character for the guy. Since that low point he's been solid, and looks good again so far this year.

Someone else from the Dolphins who's playing very well in the preseason is 2nd-year LB Channing Crowder. Given Zach Thomas' age, Crowder has a chance to be in Miami a long time if he continues to develop.

If nothing else, he can become an average free agent in 2 years and hope to be overpaid by the Texans as part of their annual Dolphins-free-agent-jackpot tradition (Wade-Greenwood-Rosenfels).

Wait--Casserly's not here anymore? Never mind. :redtowel:

One more note on last night's game: Wes Welker got DESTROYED by a Carolina LB but somehow held onto the ball. Tough, tough guy and a great special-teamer, although he blatantly blew a tackle on one of the punt coverages later on.

HOU-TEX
08-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Yeah...couple years ago he had a very slow start and made some very stupid public "screw the fans" comments that were out of character for the guy. Since that low point he's been solid, and looks good again so far this year.

Someone else from the Dolphins who's playing very well in the preseason is 2nd-year LB Channing Crowder. Given Zach Thomas' age, Crowder has a chance to be in Miami a long time if he continues to develop.

If nothing else, he can become an average free agent in 2 years and hope to be overpaid by the Texans as part of their annual Dolphins-free-agent-jackpot tradition (Wade-Greenwood-Rosenfels).

Wait--Casserly's not here anymore? Never mind. :redtowel:

One more note on last night's game: Wes Welker got DESTROYED by a Carolina LB but somehow held onto the ball. Tough, tough guy and a great special-teamer, although he blatantly blew a tackle on one of the punt coverages later on.

I saw that. It was brutal:thud:

wags
08-25-2006, 08:24 PM

I saw that, but I'm not sure who made the hit....... hmmmmm ;)