PDA

View Full Version : why do you hate the cowboys?

Jerry Jones
08-24-2006, 11:25 AM
this question is for those texan fans who already have stated in various threads that they hate the cowboys and everything they stand for.... im a cowboy fan but i like to watch the texans play and hope they do well....i was just curious to know what causes you to depise the 'boys? my feelings wont get hurt....:shades:

Chicagotexan1
08-24-2006, 11:48 AM
This is hate that was passed on to me genetically (sp?). You know how baby lions just hate hyenas (sp?). It's just natural.

Texan Asylum
08-24-2006, 11:53 AM
I am trying not to hate anymore, so I'll just state that the reason why the Cowboys aren't one of my favorite teams is...:rolleyes:

Texans_Chick
08-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Where to start.

Here are some reasons:

1. Most Cowboy fans are obnoxious. This should be an obvious point, but if not, please read this. (http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/2006/06/houston_texans_fans_unite_1.html)

2. The America's Team bit is vomity.

3. I do not like Dallas as a city. All the large cities in Texas are friendly. San Antonio-friendly. Austin-friendly. Houston-friendly. Dallas seems like it should be given to Oklahoma or something because it is just a very insular, unfriendly place.

4. They are not the Dallas Cowboys. For accuracy sake, they should be called the Irving Cowplops.

5. They used to be a team that you disliked but respected the way they handled their business. Now they are a team you hate and can't respect.

6. And no offense, but the owner is a surgically altered clown. I do not like sports owners who think they know what they are doing meddling too much with the football side of the business.

Sometimes I feel bad for Cowboy fans for some of the embarrasing things that JJ has done, until I come to my senses and realize that Cowboy fans just deserve that because of how genetically annoying they are.

I hope that helps.

TexanBearkat
08-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Well, for the most part Houston dislikes everything about Dallas and vice versa. The completely classless manner in which you got rid of Tom Landry. The complete arragance of Cowboys fans is another reason. All the Cowboys fans can do is constantly bring up the 5 Super Bowls. We all acknowledge the 5 Super Bowls, but c'mon the last one was what 13-14 years ago now. I respect what those teams did and players like Aikman, Smith, Novacek, Johnston (notice in no way did I say guys like Irvin or Newton) The last 10 years this has been a desparate franchise and to show this desparation went out and got the person most hated by Cowboys fans; TO. Oh wait, that's right, you all love TO. I do find it humorous though the former Cowboys players said no way in the world they would want TO on their team. Of course we already see the battle going on between TO and Parcells, happening sooner than expected

Hookem Horns
08-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Growing up in Houston, my childhood best friend and his father were (still are I assume) Cowboys fans. They used to tease me for me an Oilers fan and always bragged, and gave me garbage about the Cowboys. The Cowboys never lost, they just got cheated a few times a year. It was all quite disgusting. Ironically they did the same with the Astros (they were Astros fans) which made me hate the Astros the same way I hate the Cowboys.

Later on in life my family moved to the northeast (New York and Philly areas) and I was shocked at all the Cowboys fans up there. Most had never set foot in Texas. At that point I knew the Cowboys were truly America's team and not Texas' team. Being a proud Texan I was glad I didn't grow up rooting for the NFL's version of the New York Yankees.

Now that I live in Austin, Cowboy propaganda is still as disgusting here as anywhere. So what do I feel about the Cowboys all these years later? ...

[vulgar image of a man urinating on a Cowboy symbol]

RiotCommander
08-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Well three reasons

1.) Jerry Jones

2.) They signed a guy who disrespected their team, and their fans. (The Star incident)

3.) They are in the same state. Its only natural to want to beat them into the turf.

Texas_Thrill
08-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Yea what he said above there.

At times its just a Hatfield-McCoy thing. I mean I cheer for them because they are from Texas.

I compare Dallasinians (is that a word?) to the cousin you can't stand because they are bed wetters but you won't let anyone else pick on them.

Hottoddie
08-24-2006, 01:02 PM
Where to start.

Here are some reasons:

1. Most Cowboy fans are obnoxious. This should be an obvious point, but if not, please read this. (http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/2006/06/houston_texans_fans_unite_1.html)

3. I do not like Dallas as a city. All the large cities in Texas are friendly. San Antonio-friendly. Austin-friendly. Houston-friendly. Dallas seems like it should be given to Oklahoma or something because it is just a very insular, unfriendly place.

4. They are not the Dallas Cowboys. For accuracy sake, they should be called the Irving Cowplops.

5. They used to be a team that you disliked but respected the way they handled their business. Now they are a team you hate and can't respect.

6. And no offense, but the owner is a surgically altered clown. I do not like sports owners who think they know what they are doing meddling too much with the football side of the business.

Sometimes I feel bad for Cowboy fans for some of the embarrasing things that JJ has done, until I come to my senses and realize that Cowboy fans just deserve that because of how genetically annoying they are.

I hope that helps.

My thoughts exactly. :thumbup

Double Barrel
08-24-2006, 01:42 PM
why do you hate the cowboys?

Because I can. :howdy: And all of the above, too.

Marcus
08-24-2006, 01:49 PM
I started hating the Dallas Cowboys when I moved to Houston in 1967, right when the season started. I was avid fan of Vince Lombardi's Green Bay Packers, and where I used to live, I could watch the Packers every Sunday. But when I moved to Houston, all they had on each Sunday on CBS was the freaking Cowboys. On NBC, they had some AFL game where they showed some terrible team called the Houston Oilers. But that was AFL stuff, which to this eighth-grader back then, was minor league.

And so I had to watch every Sunday, players like Don Meridith, Bob Hayes, Dan Reeves, etc. Speaking of Reeves, I remember like it was yesterday when the Cowboys were playing the St. Louis Cardinals, Dan Reeves was running around the the left end on a sweep when Roger Wehrli came underneath and blew out Reeves knee, putting him out for the season. Funny, I don't even remember the score, but I do remember that play. What's really funny, is I knew more about the Cowboys than most of their fans, even though I hated them because I was forced to watch them.

But the 1967 Ice Bowl was perfect retribution. Watching Jerry Kramer move out Rayfield Wright to let Bart Starr sneak it into the endzone with only 13 seconds left . . . . was a sweeeeeeeeet thing to watch.

And then I had to live in Dallas for 12 years, and I rooted for them to lose every single game they played. And I also live in Dallas the year of the Houston/Buffalo game. At halftime, I actually called my Dad long distance to tell him, "Hey, it's 31-3. No way were going to lose now." :mad:

For the first time in my life, I actually hated another team more than I hated the Cowboys.

powerfuldragon
08-24-2006, 02:01 PM
dallas sucks.

the team is a big turd that floats around in the toilet that is texas stadium.

dallas sucks.

FirstTexansFan
08-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Having lived all over the state of Texas I've experienced first hand the Sowboys fans. No matter the location, be it deep East Texas, or right here in San Antonio, I find them to be obnoxious, vulgar, and usually ignorant fairweather fans. It's difficult to be a fan of an underdog team, it's easy to support a winner. But when said winners start losing, I see alot of Steelers (or whatever team is SB champ that year) jerseys on these same folks! Throw in the fact that the Lastazz Sowboys are thrown in my face daily by our local news media, and you can see why I can't like'em! :)

El Tejano
08-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Seems like the NFL is always on their side.

Dime
08-24-2006, 03:37 PM
I dont hate the Cowboys, but I am still sore from what they did and how they treated a idol of mine from years back. Tony Dorsett was the man, and in his ending years, he was handled badly from my persective.

SheTexan
08-24-2006, 03:53 PM
I think you can tell by most of the above posts that the main reason the "girls" are disliked so much is because of the fans, not the team. I can probably count on ONE hand the number of Dallas fans I have met who are actually NOT obnoxious, rude, arrogant, and just down right pathetic!! I have been around a long time too!! I was RAISED to hate the Cowboys! Just as I raised my kids, and now my grandkids, to do the same!! TRADITION, I guess!!:)

threetoedpete
08-24-2006, 04:32 PM
I dont hate the Cowboys, but I am still sore from what they did and how they treated a idol of mine from years back. Tony Dorsett was the man, and in his ending years, he was handled badly from my persective.
I was thinking the same thing about Dandy Don. Someone already mentioned Landry. Let's see, just the cajones to ask that question is like, we're so good how can you be so stupid as to not be a cowpolkes fan. Mind boggeling. What is the old joke about lifting up the cap...there's usually a cowpolkes fan under there, not an a-hole. Maybe not acurate, but true. Haven't met one yet that wasn't. If it's true, it's not a stereotype. When you're hearing it form everyone expect cowpolkes fans, maybe it ain't us , big fella. Maybe you need to take a second look underneath the hat.

BattleRedRaider
08-24-2006, 04:49 PM
I was taught to hate the Cowboys by my father (who was a Houston Oilers fan, now Texans).

And even without that, I would have hated them because of an experience I had as a kid.

Sept. 15, 1996. The Indianapolis Colts were playing the Cowboys at Texas Stadium. My dad got 2 tickets for that game, so he took me with him just to see the Cowboys lose.

The game starts. Indy returns the kickoff for a TD. Wait, we got a penalty. Clipping, receiving team. We looked at the big screen in the stadium, there was NO clipping whatsoever.

I'm very sure that my dad and I were surrounded by Cowboys fans. I can't forget all the loudmouthing they were doing. At some point during the game, the Cowboys fans sitting behind us spilled their beer on us. Needless to say, my father was upset.

BUT, it was worth it in the end. Dallas had a chance to kick the GW-FG with the score Indy 25, Dallas 24. The kicker missed it. GAME OVER. Indy wins!

My dad and I high-five each other, and the Cowboys fans around us stay silent. Best day of my life? INDEED.

From then on, my Cowboys hate just grew stronger.

Texan Asylum
08-24-2006, 05:03 PM
I think you can tell by most of the above posts that the main reason the "girls" are disliked so much is because of the fans, not the team. I can probably count on ONE hand the number of Dallas fans I have met who are actually NOT obnoxious, rude, arrogant, and just down right pathetic!! I have been around a long time too!! I was RAISED to hate the Cowboys! Just as I raised my kids, and now my grandkids, to do the same!! TRADITION, I guess!!:)
Well, I can think of a number of Dallas fans that are first class people. Pastor Brian, my preacher, is one I like to tease...another would be WWJD, right here on the good ol' Texans message board. :shades: Remember, we can't lump everyone into the same category...just try to convince them to leave the dark side...:cool:

V Man
08-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Well, for the most part Houston dislikes everything about Dallas and vice versa. The completely classless manner in which you got rid of Tom Landry. The complete arragance of Cowboys fans is another reason. All the Cowboys fans can do is constantly bring up the 5 Super Bowls. We all acknowledge the 5 Super Bowls, but c'mon the last one was what 13-14 years ago now. I respect what those teams did and players like Aikman, Smith, Novacek, Johnston (notice in no way did I say guys like Irvin or Newton) The last 10 years this has been a desparate franchise and to show this desparation went out and got the person most hated by Cowboys fans; TO. Oh wait, that's right, you all love TO. I do find it humorous though the former Cowboys players said no way in the world they would want TO on their team. Of course we already see the battle going on between TO and Parcells, happening sooner than expected

Having lived all over the state of Texas I've experienced first hand the Sowboys fans. No matter the location, be it deep East Texas, or right here in San Antonio.
Throw in the fact that the Lastazz Sowboys are thrown in my face daily by our local news media, and you can see why I can't like'em!

Basically sums it up for me. The part about TO has made me dislike them even more. How can you except a player who basically did the one of the biggest disgraces to your franchise. In fact, one of the local radio voices, Vex, is so up on TO (I hope it is just a assigned role to envoke respond) that if he could, he would have TO's baby.

CoachJim
08-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Because I can. :howdy: And all of the above, too.

What he said ...

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-24-2006, 06:21 PM
It's funny, most Cowboy fans I know enjoy watching the Texans play, most supported the Mario Williams move... it's the opposite over in Houston. There's so much hate against our team, it hurts my eyes in every which way.

I come over here all the time and there's usually 3 to 4 threads on page one concering the Cowboys. They state they hate the Cowboys with such envy, yet I find countless of threads everyday concerning our team. Houston has their lille "dallassucks.net" and all, which I believe is downright embarrasing for the state of Texas. Texas means friendly, and I find the exact opposite here for the Texan's older brother, the Cowboys.

Mr. Jones, in all honesty, I believe it's jealousy. Jealous the Cowboys are the most loved in Texas, jealous our team was the only in Texas for a while, jealous the Boys' have the best all-time record. I've been holding my tongue in this, but I find no other explanation. It is what it is.

TexansChick, your view of Cowboy fans being obnoxious is downright outlandish. Fans of the Cowboys such as WWJD, DMAN, LMBH, and I treat this community with a respectful manner. The same may not be said for other fans who have ventured to this side of the cyber world.

Grid
08-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Cant say ive ever been jealous of the Cowboys... I dont really consider them to be a Texas team. They are Americas team, and as such, they arent really good enough for Texas.

The drugs, rape, and general "thug" behavior of the Cowboys players in the 90s solidified my distaste of the Cowboys.

Before that I just had a general dislike of them because their fans were immature pricks. You won alot of championships..thats great... but once your championship team has retired.. and the coach has left.. it is ancient history. Why are you bragging about Cowboy greatness when all the great Cowboy players are retired? Talking about the great Cowboys of the past only serves to highlight how weak the current squad is.

Then there is the fact that every time the Cowboy fans talk smack, it is inevitable that someone will start counting trophies. You cant really compete with that :D..not because its a big accomplishment..but because the jackhole Cowboy fans cant comprehend that someone may actually not care that they won alot of trophies 2 or more decades ago. No matter what you say to them, they are just gonna claim that you are jealous. That is really annoying.

Really, honestly.. I promise.. im not jealous at all. The only way I could be jealous of the Cowboy's having a trophy is if we played them in the Superbowl and they won.

shinerbock_girl
08-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Where to start.

Here are some reasons:

I hope that helps.

Definately could not have said it better myself:highfive:

Huge
08-24-2006, 07:02 PM
(rolling up the sleeves...) ;)

Where to start.

Here are some reasons:

1. Most Cowboy fans are obnoxious. This should be an obvious point, but if not, please read this.

I hope that helps.
1. Every team has obnoxious fans (yes, even the Texans).

2. We didn't start the "America's Team" thing...NFL Films did. Can't fault us for picking it up and running with it.

3. Again...perception.

4. For accuracy's sake, how many of the players on the Texans roster are actually Texans?

5. What time period are you referring to when you say you used to respect they way they went about their business?

6. Jerry Jones is considered to be one of the better owners is all of sports. Outside of that capacity he's a bit lost. But nobody should dispute what he's accomplished as an owner (for his team as well as the league).

Didn't the Oilers do the same thing with Earl Campbell? For that matter, didn't the Texans do the same thing with Aarron Glenn?

You won alot of championships..thats great... but once your championship team has retired.. and the coach has left.. it is ancient history. Why are you bragging about Cowboy greatness when all the great Cowboy players are retired? Talking about the great Cowboys of the past only serves to highlight how weak the current squad is.
The last time the Cowboys won a Super Bowl was the same year the Rockets won the NBA championship. Should those people be quiet about that accomplishment? Or should we just lump the Houston sports fan in the same boat with everybody else that crows about past championships?

And yes, if you had a Super Bowl from 10 years ago, you'd still be crowing about it...trust me.

Grid
08-24-2006, 07:06 PM
as long as some of the good players from my championship team remain.. yah, ill crow about it. But there comes a time when saying "well we won a bunch of championships 15 years ago!" changes from "impressive" to "pathetic".

And yes.. the time for gloating over the Rocket's back to back championships as passed.

Huge
08-24-2006, 07:07 PM
And yes.. the time for gloating over the Rocket's back to back championships as passed.
Yet there are Rockets fans all over that still bring up that they've got two and Dallas has none.

So how are y'all any different?

Grid
08-24-2006, 07:18 PM
those rocket fans are very annoying and dumb then :D.

Luckily there arent that many of them... which is more than the Cowboys can say about thier annoying fans.

Texans_Chick
08-24-2006, 07:31 PM
Mr. Jones, in all honesty, I believe it's jealousy. Jealous the Cowboys are the most loved in Texas, jealous our team was the only in Texas for a while, jealous the Boys' have the best all-time record. I've been holding my tongue in this, but I find no other explanation. It is what it is.

TexansChick, your view of Cowboy fans being obnoxious is downright outlandish. Fans of the Cowboys such as WWJD, DMAN, LMBH, and I treat this community with a respectful manner. The same may not be said for other fans who have ventured to this side of the cyber world.

Opinions are opinions based on life experience. The poster asked for opinion , so I gave it. In my life, I've been more annoyed by Cowboy fans than not. There are some fan bases that are more obnoxious than not, and the Cowboys fall into that category.

As I said, I find MOST Cowboy fans to be obnoxious. Of course, there are exceptions, but usually the ones that aren't obnoxious are really trying to bite their tongues to prevent themselves from going that direction. For example, though you are trying to be respectful in your post, the whole "Texans are jealous of Cowboys rant" is stomach turningly awful.

I want no part of Dallas' deathstar of disrespect, vulgarity and hypocracy and have not a bone of jealousy of how repulsive it must be to be a fan of such a team.

ATX_Texan
08-24-2006, 07:35 PM
I liked and respected the Cowboys before Jones ruined them.

The thing I hate about the Jones Boys and their fans is how they throw around terms like God's team and America's team. During the Landry years, the team did try to live up to the image of being the "good guys" and the "men in the white hats".

However, Jones has demonstrated time and time again that he will allow anyone on the team from drug dealers to rapists. He turned the Cowboys into the Raiders, but he continues to market them as something else. I get so tired of the Cowboy fans tellling me that everyone should love the Cowboys because of their classly organization.

I also find it amusing the uproar among the Dallas fans for signing TO because he disrespected the star. But they cheered for guys like Nate Newton and Erik Williams. Like mocking the star is worse than breaking the law. It only goes to show just how warped their fans really are.

thunderkyss
08-24-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm sorry guys..... but I love the Cowboys....... and I'm proud of the fact that we have two world class organizations in the state of Texas dedicated to putting the best Football programs possible on the field every week from early September to late December.

& as Soon as we cross a few Tee's, and dot a few i's, we'll be able to add the San Antonio Saints to that group......

& I'll love them too.

infantrycak
08-24-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm sorry guys..... but I love the Cowboys....... and I'm proud of the fact that we have two world class organizations in the state of Texas dedicated to putting the best Football programs possible on the field every week from early September to late December.

& as Soon as we cross a few Tee's, and dot a few i's, we'll be able to add the San Antonio Saints to that group......

& I'll love them too.

Totally agree. I love the Cowboys as well, contrary to the obvious weight of most Houstonians--of course I was born in Austin. I want the Cowboys to win every game except the ones they play against the Texans.

Grid
08-24-2006, 08:53 PM
I just cant support a team that associates the state of Texas with crack and hookers :D

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Why do you hate the cowboys?

Because Houston has a team called the Texans. And I support the team that represents the city of Houston. Are the Cowboys related to Houston? Nope. Enough said...

As far as "hate." I don't hate a particular team. I hate arrogance (which is difference than confidence). Take notice of Mario, Carr, Kubs, DD, AJ. They are humble and a class acts. And I believe this type of representation and leadership will permeate throughout the club thus laying the groundwork for a winning franchise.

:fans: texanpride :redtowel:

swisher
08-24-2006, 10:15 PM
I grew up a Cowboy fan...I cried when they lost in the playoffs and hated the Redskins more than anything in the world.

Then something weird happened. I moved to Houston the same year Jerry Jones bought the team and fired Tom Landry. It was an easy clean break.

I fell in love with the Oilers from the very first preseason game in 1989 and haven't looked back since.

I dislike the Cowboys...and call it jealousy if you want, I don't care, but I hate them most of all because of all the Cowboy fans who are from Houston. I just don't understand how you can root for a team from Dallas when you were born in Houston. It's the ultimate bandwagon fan and I can't stand bandwagon fans.

But I have no problem with Cowboy fans gloating about the 5 Super Bowls. If a Championship means nothing 10, 20 even 30 years down the road then what's the point?

And no offense to anyone but calling them the Cowgirls or whatever just makes you look silly and it's hard to take anything you say after that seriously.

MarleyFan
08-24-2006, 10:58 PM
I liked the Tom Landry Cowboys. I could not stand Jimmy Johnson at "THE U" and that carried over when he became coach of the Cowboys. But I will give credit where credit is do, he is a good coach.

thunderkyss
08-24-2006, 11:02 PM
Then something weird happened. I moved to Houston the same year Jerry Jones bought the team and fired Tom Landry. It was an easy clean break.

NOt for me..... firing TomLandry was a shocker..... but being from PA...... home of JimmyJohnson's parents....

it was/is kinda hard not to root for the boys....

cap1
08-24-2006, 11:08 PM
19 - 10

The other reason, My wife's family is from Dallas and all they talk about is how the Cowboys walk on water. I cannot stand it.

Battle Red Flash
08-25-2006, 11:38 AM
I don't hate them like some Texan fans, and as a kid, I liked Staubach and Randy White. I just liked the Oilers more.
Then, came Irvin, Deion, the White House, and the criminals. I really disliked the Cowboys then, and disliked their fans because they were so smug. They rooted for bad guys simply because they won.
I like teams that won with grace. No taunting. That was not the Cowboys.
I started to follow them again when Parcells came on, but then they signed Owens. Signing a cancer like that just to win, I can't get behind. I don't follow the Cowboys now.

Battle Red Flash
08-25-2006, 11:46 AM
I just don't understand how you can root for a team from Dallas when you were born in Houston. It's the ultimate bandwagon fan and I can't stand bandwagon fans.
And no offense to anyone but calling them the Cowgirls or whatever just makes you look silly and it's hard to take anything you say after that seriously.

Good points there. I've met people who claim to love the Cowboys, Yankees, and the Lakers. They only support winners, and I think those are the worst "fans". It's sad.

BigDTexansFan
08-25-2006, 11:59 AM
well I got from 2000 on, get a real team (this at a time when the little freaks went 5-11). Texans are nothing, we will whip them like we did the Oilers.

Was on AOL in 2002, I heard nothing but garbage from a bunch of loud mouth fairweather know nothing fans all preaseason and right up to days prior to 1st game. You bring your butt here Monday or we will come looking for you, I was there Monday (9/09/02) and it was almost 3 months before one off those egg-sucking chickenstuff Dallas fans showed up.

To this day when you mention 9/08/02 and the whupping they received, even after all the Cowboys players trash talked on HBO. That is ancient history to Cowpatties fans, BUT it is not ancient history to mention 5 rings.

Put it this way son, you need to learn that 1) just because you think you're something, doesn't mean you deserve respect AT ALL 2) when your team sucks and hasn't won a playoff game in like 11 years, don't go talking Super Bowl it makes you look retarded 3) Your owner is no-class and most of the people he brings into organization are no class....get a REAL owner, not Bozo's freakish in-bred cousin.

When we beat you in 2006, don't whine; don't whimper; don't make excuses. Stand up say like a man would, you beat us you are better team...people will respect you then.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Many of you folks proclaim the nation of Cowboy fans “fair-weather”, yet I still find myself reading post after post, describing instances in which fans dropped their liking to the Cowboys in the 90s.. Sorta interesting.

In addition, many of you describe how Cowboy fans do nothing but bring up the past, such as our illustrious 5 Super Bowl victories, and an unprecedented all-time best record in the NFL, yet you still bring up a few bad-eggs from the 90s.. Who was to say they would be a problem, and believe the star on their helmet was stronger than the star of the local sheriffs? Players drafted by Mr. Jones—

Troy Aikman- Drafted 1989 (6-TIME PRO BOWLER- 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996)
Emmitt Smith- Drafted 1990 (8-TIME PRO BOWLER- 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1998, 1999)
Michael Irvin- Drafted 1988 (5-TIME PRO BOWLER- 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995)
Mark Stepnoski- Drafted 1989(5-TIME PRO BOWLER- 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996)
Nate Newton- Drafted 1986 (6-TIME PRO BOWLER- 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998)
Daryl Johnston- Drafted 1989 (2-TIME PRO BOWLER- 1993, 1994)
Erik Williams- Drafted 1991 (4-TIME PRO BOWLER- 1993, 1996, 1997, 1999)
Russell Maryland- Drafted 1991 (PRO BOWLER IN 1993)
Ken Norton- Drafted 1988 (2-TIME PRO BOWLER- 93' AND 95')
Larry Allen- Drafted 1994 (9-TIME PRO BOWLER- 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, and 2005)
Mark Tuinei- Drafted 1983 (2-TIME PRO BOWLER 94' and 95')
Darren Woodson- Drafted 1992 (5-TIME PRO BOWLER- 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998)

No cheap FA- non-salary pickups there..

Towards the end of the Texans year in 2005, many people druled over the prospects of having former Cowboy Coach Jimmy Johnson to come back down to Texas.. Very different thoughts here.

Many of you proclaim Cowboy fans obnoxious, yet we remain humble in the happenings in Houston and support our fellow Texan team. (such as WWJD, LMBH, Huge, Jerry Jones, and myself.), yet many of you have name called Cowboy fans as “freaks” and create sites such as “dallassucks.net” If anything the Cowboy fans on this board have maintained a dignity worthy of not being obnoxious.

thunderkyss
08-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Many of you folks proclaim the nation of Cowboy fans “fair-weather”, yet I still find myself reading post after post, describing instances in which fans dropped their liking to the Cowboys in the 90s.. Sorta interesting.

In addition, many of you describe how Cowboy fans do nothing but bring up the past, such as our illustrious 5 Super Bowl victories, and an unprecedented all-time best record in the NFL, yet you still bring up a few bad-eggs from the 90s.. Who was to say they would be a problem, and believe the star on their helmet was stronger than the star of the local sheriffs? Players drafted by Mr. Jones—

Troy Aikman- Drafted 1989 (6-TIME PRO BOWLER- 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996)
Emmitt Smith- Drafted 1990 (8-TIME PRO BOWLER- 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1998, 1999)
Nate Newton- Drafted 1986 (6-TIME PRO BOWLER- 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998)
Larry Allen- Drafted 1994 (9-TIME PRO BOWLER- 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, and 2005)

Towards the end of the Texans year in 2005, many people druled over the prospects of having former Cowboy Coach Jimmy Johnson to come back down to Texas.. Very different thoughts here.

Many of you proclaim Cowboy fans obnoxious, yet we remain humble in the happenings in Houston and support our fellow Texan team. (such as WWJD, LMBH, Huge, Jerry Jones, and myself.), yet many of you have name called Cowboy fans as “freaks” and create sites such as “dallassucks.net” If anything the Cowboy fans on this board have maintained a dignity worthy of not being obnoxious.

Now if that ain't obnoxious..............

WWJD
08-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Have to disagree with you on Mr.Jones drafting these players. He didn't even own the team when these players were drafted.

Jerry came on board in 1989 so most of these players were on his watch. It's neither here or there but he's had a few hits in his day. Bonehead moves as well for sure.

Jimmy was probably behind the majority of good draft picks.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Please explain HBTC! how you grew up to be a Cowboys fan? You grew up in Wisconsin(I think) and chose the Brewers but not the Packers?

Hahah other way around! I was born and raised in Austin, while the whole lot of my other family are from Wisconsin. I'm a big Buck/Brewer fan, but don't get me wrong, the Rangers and Astros, plus the big 3- Rockets, Spurs, and Mavs are high on my list.

Now if that ain't obnoxious..............

What are you talking about? They can call us "freaks" and I can't defend myself in a respectful manner? Your like Jekyl and Hide from Cowboys-Forum to here. :D

Have to disagree with you on Mr.Jones drafting these players. He didn't even own the team when these players were drafted.

My bad, I just copy-pasted that from one of my Patriots-Cowboys- Who's the Better Dynasty thread from a while ago.. but most of the guys I listed were involved with Jerry's drafting.

GuerillaBlack
08-25-2006, 05:52 PM

Same. Slogans from Dallas like, "Dallas is so East Coast," annoy the hell out of me. It is like a big country club down there. A lot of people are so stuck up and look down on Houston. Us here in Houston instead like our gritty industrial areas on the East side, and are more down to Earth and not stuck in the clouds with Dallas. Gov. Rick Perry was even surprised when Houston beat Dallas in the Olympic Bid. "I can't believe Houston beat out Dallas,"-Gov. Rick Perry. It is an unfriendly place, and they need to take some driving lessons up there.

DFAN
08-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Was on AOL in 2002, I heard nothing but garbage from a bunch of loud mouth fairweather know nothing fans all preaseason and right up to days prior to 1st game.

Funny, thats the same thing I heard from Texans fans. Actually was going to be a Texan fan. Of course not over my Cowboys. Even looked in to getting season tickets. I always rooted for the Oilers just not over my Cowboys. Around 2002 all the haters came out from under their rocks. Got to the point where I couldnt stand them.

get a REAL owner.

A real Owner? The Cowboys Owner/GM had a SB ring at the end of his 4th year of Ownership. Not defending all of JJ's decisions but what exaclty has McNair done. Hired the wrong GM and Coach. Not that I agree but quite a few fans think he got the wrong QB. Not the I agree but A LOT of Texans fans arent happy with the Williams pick. I'm not trying to knock McNair but I just dont see anything he's done that makes him special. Living in Houston I get the Texans shoved down my throat and I've heard a lot of fans complaing about McNair.

When we beat you in 2006, don't whine; don't whimper; don't make excuses. Stand up say like a man would, you beat us you are better team...people will respect you then.

IF and I repeat IF that happens I will only admit the Texans are a better team if they are. The better team doesnt always win. Do me a favor. When we beat you dont bring up 19-10. I know for a fact that I will hear "well we beat the Cowboys in or 1st game."

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Same. Slogans from Dallas like, "Dallas is so East Coast," annoy the hell out of me. It is like a big country club down there. A lot of people are so stuck up and look down on Houston. Us here in Houston instead like our gritty industrial areas on the East side, and are more down to Earth and not stuck in the clouds with Dallas. Gov. Rick Perry was even surprised when Houston beat Dallas in the Olympic Bid. "I can't believe Houston beat out Dallas,"-Gov. Rick Perry. It is an unfriendly place, and they need to take some driving lessons up there.

If anything Dallas is gritty. You've guys got your oh-so precious, state of the art, brand new corporate sponsored named "Toyota Center", "Minute Maid Park", and "Reliant Stadium." To me, Texas Stadium defines the city of Dallas, a town who goes to work everyday with a lunch pail in hand. Not the best in town, but none-the-less, solid, tradition.

Plus, you got to love how the Mavs are 3rd in attendace while Houston's 28th.. Yup, those fair-weather Cowboy fans!

texflex513
08-25-2006, 08:12 PM
this question is for those texan fans who already have stated in various threads that they hate the cowboys and everything they stand for.... im a cowboy fan but i like to watch the texans play and hope they do well....i was just curious to know what causes you to depise the 'boys? my feelings wont get hurt....:shades:

Personally i dont HATE the cowboys i just LOATHE them lol. My best friend and i have been going at it for years my oilers/TEXANS his cowboys... and i have been letting him have it ever since we kicked the snot out of the cowbroads our first official reg season game. He is my best friend even if he is a cow turds fan........TEXANS4LIFE Come OCT 15 I will let him have it again after we stomp the dallas BROKEBACKS.

thunderkyss
08-25-2006, 08:25 PM
What are you talking about? They can call us "freaks" and I can't defend myself in a respectful manner? Your like Jekyl and Hide from Cowboys-Forum to here. :D

heh, heh, heh.......... It's all good.......

TexanSam
08-25-2006, 09:54 PM
and they need to take some driving lessons up there.

While this has nothing to do with the Cowboys, Houston isn't exactly full of good drivers either. I'll rate Dallas and Houston equal in that respect.

BigDTexansFan
08-25-2006, 10:34 PM
It's funny, most Cowboy fans I know enjoy watching the Texans play, most supported the Mario Williams move... it's the opposite over in Houston. There's so much hate against our team, it hurts my eyes in every which way.

I come over here all the time and there's usually 3 to 4 threads on page one concering the Cowboys. They state they hate the Cowboys with such envy ENVY...Jeez is this guy for REAL yet I find countless of threads everyday concerning our team. Houston has their lille "dallassucks.net" and all, which I believe is downright embarrasing for the state of Texas. so Texas is not embarassed by a Cowboys team sending 4 players to prison Texas means friendly Actually Spud Tejas means friendly, and I find the exact opposite here for the Texan's older brother, the Cowboys older brother...you mean in the creepy Arkansas manner..RIGHT

Mr. Jones, in all honesty, I believe it's jealousy Yeah we are jealous we are not the JOKE of the NFL, really I swear we want to be so desperate for publicity we would take in the devil himself to promote our owner sick obsession with fame....wait SORRY was channelling a Cowboys fan's paranoia..MY BAD Jealous the Cowboys are the most loved in Texas in words of many people JUST SAY NO, jealous our team was the only in Texas for a while < history lesson for you Mr. Pathetic...1960 Houston Oilers, Dallas Texans, Dallas Cowboys DOH, jealous the Boys' have the best all-time record hey hey no fair using Cowboys arrest record. I've been holding my tongue in this, but I find no other explanation. It is what it is . I am so full of BS

Now we know what happened to all the drugs Cowboys used, they gave them to their fans....ROFLMAO

BigDTexansFan
08-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Cant say ive ever been jealous of the Cowboys... I dont really consider them to be a Texas team. They are Americas team, and as such, they arent really good enough for Texas.

The drugs, rape, and general "thug" behavior of the Cowboys players in the 90s solidified my distaste of the Cowboys.

Before that I just had a general dislike of them because their fans were immature pricks. You won alot of championships..thats great... but once your championship team has retired.. and the coach has left.. it is ancient history. Why are you bragging about Cowboy greatness when all the great Cowboy players are retired? Talking about the great Cowboys of the past only serves to highlight how weak the current squad is.

Then there is the fact that every time the Cowboy fans talk smack, it is inevitable that someone will start counting trophies. You cant really compete with that :D..not because its a big accomplishment..but because the jackhole Cowboy fans cant comprehend that someone may actually not care that they won alot of trophies 2 or more decades ago. No matter what you say to them, they are just gonna claim that you are jealous. That is really annoying.

Really, honestly.. I promise.. im not jealous at all. The only way I could be jealous of the Cowboy's having a trophy is if we played them in the Superbowl and they won.

Besides which they have no sense of humor, during Texas State Fair went by Ford truck area. They had all the Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl Trophies there, said I have a lot of tough areas to clean in my house. How exactly did you guys get rust and corrosion off trophies since has been decades....they didn't find that funny:tease:

BigDTexansFan
08-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Why not move to Dallas?
DFAN, we can trade I am sick to death hearing about this subpar "but going to Super Bowl" Pathetic Cowboys team, since I live in Dallas

Texizgreat
08-25-2006, 10:51 PM
Here in SA I have 1 friend that (that is a Cowboys fan) I can objectively talk football with. ONE yes count again 1. He is polite will actually listen and has only asked once why I Dislike the Cowboys. He saw my point and moved on.

All the others are Rude and every year all i hear is about how every one else sucks and wont win a game. While the almighty Cowboys will go undefeated.

Then we have Local radio... At nausium about the cowboys. Vex earlier in the year said T.O. is a putz and would never want some one who blasphemed the star on his blessed cowboys. Now like V-man said, Vex would have his baby if he could.

Apparently they are always one player from going to the super bowl. (Eddie George testeverde Bledsoe) when those guys signed on you would have thought that Tags was just going to go up to jerry and give him the trophy.

I grew up watching the cowboys with my grandpa. He was proud of them in the 70's. My grand father was always about honor and dignity. With that I have to mention the 90's the cowboys "Hooker and Crack" Phase. I could almost hear my grandfather say if you cant win with dignity you don’t deserve to win. I at that point lost interest.

In 2002 two things came into my life my son and another Texas team.

bigcarlos
08-25-2006, 10:52 PM
:hunter: Dallas Sucks

BigDTexansFan
08-25-2006, 10:57 PM
If anything Dallas is gritty. You've guys got your oh-so precious, state of the art, brand new corporate sponsored named "Toyota Center", "Minute Maid Park", and "Reliant Stadium." To me, Texas Stadium defines the city of Dallas, a town who goes to work everyday with a lunch pail in hand. Not the best in town, but none-the-less, solid, tradition.

Plus, you got to love how the Mavs are 3rd in attendace while Houston's 28th.. Yup, those fair-weather Cowboy fans!

Raggedy-*****, Run Down, outdated and JEALOUS because to get a new stadium. Mr Jones had to spend $500 a vote to con voters of Arlington to have a new stadium, Houston "The Can-Do City" decided they needed a new stadium for NFL team, a new ball park for MLB team and a new home for the resurgent Rockets. So Houston city and County got together and built showplace facilities.

How baby if you really do live in Dallas, you know city and county feuded over who got to negotiate for Cowboys. Also they signed a deal which wouldn't let them build a new stadium, without paying American Airlines Center MILLIONS.

You also got to admit the unofficial slogan for ALL Dallas sports teams is "Wait Until Next Season"

26 years to get to 1 NBA finals, in that same period Houston had been to 4

Dallas Cowboys 11 years since last playoff win

Texas Rangers 7 years since last playoff appearance (HOW tell me son, who hosted 1st ever World Series game in TEXAS...wasn't Dallas they couldn't get in World Series with a ticket)

Face it when we beat you for 2nd straight game, Cowboys fans will have to swallow their false pride and admit Texans TRULY ARE THE BEST TEAM IN TEXAS!!!!!!

BigDTexansFan
08-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Yet there are Rockets fans all over that still bring up that they've got two and Dallas has none.

So how are y'all any different?

Rockets have won without whining, crying, *****ing, moaning and blaming refs for their loss...you know like sorry Mavs fans:brickwall

BigDTexansFan
08-25-2006, 11:05 PM

you really are dumber than a box of rocks ain't you boy, look at your list Jones bought team in 1989 AND Jimmy Johnson did drafting until he was fired by Jack***** Jones. So lets take off Tuinei, Irvin, Newton, Norton SINCE they were all drafted by Gil Brandt....:pigfly:

BigDTexansFan
08-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Funny, thats the same thing I heard from Texans fans. Actually was going to be a Texan fan. Of course not over my Cowboys. Even looked in to getting season tickets. I always rooted for the Oilers just not over my Cowboys. Around 2002 all the haters came out from under their rocks. Got to the point where I couldnt stand them.

YOU mean to say you got tired of having the garbage you dish out handed back RIGHT

A real Owner? The Cowboys Owner/GM had a SB ring at the end of his 4th year of Ownership. Not defending all of JJ's decisions but what exaclty has McNair done. Hired the wrong GM and Coach. Not that I agree but quite a few fans think he got the wrong QB. Not the I agree but A LOT of Texans fans arent happy with the Williams pick. I'm not trying to knock McNair but I just dont see anything he's done that makes him special. Living in Houston I get the Texans shoved down my throat and I've heard a lot of fans complaing about McNair.

Let's see Hurricane Katrina...Jerry Jones refused to let ANYONE use Texas Stadium parking lot to gather donations (until way later) Mr. McNair guaranteed to match $1 Million dollars of fans donations, he also gave personally as did a number of Texans executives. He unlike the Arkansas runt, has achieved success in other fields (none of which involved BAD plastic surgery). Mr McNair's success came from hard work, not from connections to Bill Clinton and the Arkansas Mafia.

IF and I repeat IF that happens I will only admit the Texans are a better team if they are. The better team doesnt always win. Do me a favor. When we beat you dont bring up 19-10. I know for a fact that I will hear "well we beat the Cowboys in or 1st game."

P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C!!!! if had said same thing, had we lost in 2002 you would jump all over that "best team doesn't always win" horse poop. Face it a Dallas Cowboys fan to show or act with class, would have to have it donated by someone...it is not in their genetic makeup

BigDTexansFan
08-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Where to start.

Here are some reasons:

I hope that helps.

:highfive: :yahoo:

DFAN
08-25-2006, 11:48 PM
P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C!!!! if had said same thing, had we lost in 2002 you would jump all over that "best team doesn't always win" horse poop. Face it a Dallas Cowboys fan to show or act with class, would have to have it donated by someone...it is not in their genetic makeup

No, actually I wouldnt have. There are a few on this MB who know me and know that isnt true. Actually I really dont know who the better team was that year. Probally the Texans. It's hard to debate who was the better team considering the Texans went 4-12 and Cowboys 5-11. I think it's safe to say we both were bad but I have no problem saying the Texans were the better team that year.

BTW. The better team doesnt always win. Besides the Phins no team has went undefeated. So every other SB team has lost at least 1 game. One example that comes to mind is in 2003 the Texans beat the Panthers who went on and played in the SB. Were the Texans the better team? I think we could both agree that they weren't. Better team that day? Sure. Not a better team though.

My point is this. IF and I repeat IF the Texans were to beat the Boys and I felt like they were a better team, I would have no problem saying it. It really would depend on how the teams were playing before the game. For instance, if the Texans are 0-4 and the Boys are 4-0 and the Texans win, I would have a hard time saying they were a better team. Same the other way around. I think if the Texans were 4-0 and the Boys 0-4 you would have hard time saying the Cowboys were a better team if they were to beat the Texans.

If the Cowboys lose to the Texans and go on and go 12-4 and win the SB. While the Texans go 7-9. I dont think you could really say the Texans are the better team. This is not a prediction just hypothitical.

DFAN
08-25-2006, 11:50 PM
Why not move to Dallas?

Well, my son, family, job. I think that's enough. I swear that is the dumbest thing someone could say.

DFAN
08-25-2006, 11:52 PM
DFAN, we can trade I am sick to death hearing about this subpar "but going to Super Bowl" Pathetic Cowboys team, since I live in Dallas

Find me a job or we can switch jobs but the pay would have to be equal.:yahoo:

Come on now. Subpar? That's your hate shining threw.

Kaiser Toro
08-25-2006, 11:56 PM
Because they have no soul. Jerry Jones the wax figure, disrespectful exit of Landry, Barry Switzer, Bill Parcells and Terrell Owens. Thankfully my Cowboys fandom ended with the birth of the Texans.

DFAN
08-26-2006, 01:19 AM
disrespectful exit of Landry

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!

Thankfully my Cowboys fandom ended with the birth of the Texans.

Good luck with that choice!!!!

bigtex77
08-26-2006, 02:03 AM
(DFAN's sig) - I LOVES ME SOME TO!!!!!!

I just hope T.O. keeps doing what he does best, tearing teams apart and dividing locker rooms. I wonder if Bledsoe will even feel the knife go in his back. :ok: Wait, let me respond on behalf of all Cowboy fans: "It won't happen here, he's changed, Parcells can handle players like him, etc." :rolleyes:

DFAN
08-26-2006, 02:53 AM
I just hope T.O. keeps doing what he does best, tearing teams apart and dividing locker rooms. I wonder if Bledsoe will even feel the knife go in his back. :ok: Wait, let me respond on behalf of all Cowboy fans: "It won't happen here, he's changed, Parcells can handle players like him, etc." :rolleyes:

Not even worried about it. As far as SF goes it hard to rip apart an organization thats already ripped apart. As far as the Eagles go. If one player can rip apart your whole organization than your organization isnt very strong. The eagles main problem was McNabb getting hurt. When the Cowboys faced them in week 5 I believe it was the eagles were ranked #1 in O. McNabb went out then TO got suspended 2 weeks later.

TO will be TO on and off the field. So i'll take the off the field for what he can do on the field.

See you in the SB baby. Well not you as the Texans but you know what I mean.

D-Vizzl
08-26-2006, 03:09 AM
Cowboy Fans

I think that you guys should build up that extra layer of skin and realize the obvious, others respect the cowboys. There are several websites with "Dallas Sucks" dot something, and if you look at most message boards it contains a dallas sucks thread. Now I ask you why is this? Like most have stated the "hatred" is inherited due to the fact that in the last 30 years the Boys have broke the hearts of so many fans on a consistent basis, and with the media and others always on the bandwagon, it gets sickening. Why does this thread even exist, are the Yankees complaining about being dubbed the "evil empire" how many like the Lakers? all successful.

The thing is present day, what in the heck have the Boys done lately? Yet I hear things like we can't help if we won 5 superbowls, america's team,the texans only won 2 games last year so why are you talking noise etc etc. I believe cowboy fans think more of themselves maybe than they should. Also without rivalry or whatever your team would have been in football purgutory, so let it go, it's just having fun and shouldn't be taken seriously.

If this convo keeps coming up it will cause me to start asking "Do you want some cheese with that whine"

Blu
08-26-2006, 04:13 AM
in the late 70's and 80s' landry would rather have them down the ball than cover the spread. :tease:

HoustonFan
08-26-2006, 07:48 AM
I don't hate the Cowboys. It's the one NFC team that I really like. Now when the Cowboys play the Texans it's all about the Texans!!!!

Hoping to see an all Texas Superbowl in my lifetime.

TEXANRED
08-26-2006, 08:15 AM
I hate Dallas.

Call it breeding.

Call it an old Oiler fan.

Call it obnoxious. I don't care.

Call it Texas pride. To have the best team in the best state.

My Dad once said to me "Son, nothing good ever came outta Dallas." That statement rings true to this day.

I even hate going to Dallas. When I go its like a throw back to Houston 30 years ago. There version of 1960 is still two lanes each way with railroad tracks running through the middle. And its dry, OMG. A dry major city. You gotta be kidding.

I like hating Dallas.

I love the rivalry.

Dallas...........the arm pit of Texas.

Why doesn't Houston fall off in the Gulf of Mexico? CUS DALLAS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and the other reason I hate Dallas, no hot dogs at the stadium. Instead, Its a sausage on a stick.

Kaiser Toro
08-26-2006, 10:22 AM
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!

Good luck with that choice!!!!

Right back at you with the Tuna and TO show. Enjoy the ratings due to the hype, because that is as good as it is going to get.

D-Vizzl
08-26-2006, 10:28 AM
I even hate going to Dallas. When I go its like a throw back to Houston 30 years ago. There version of 1960 is still two lanes each way with railroad tracks running through the middle. And its dry, OMG. A dry major city. You gotta be kidding.

Imagine going to work down there for 6 months with a chain (everyone is in 2 dually's) and like 8 men discover the whole dry county thing :crying:
but luckily they have so many other counties around it. I won't use this as amunition but my stint down there wasn't very good, the people were bossy, the driving was significantly worse than that in Houston, and I thought Houston had some raggedy areas psssshhhhht.

GuerillaBlack
08-26-2006, 12:24 PM
If anything Dallas is gritty. You've guys got your oh-so precious, state of the art, brand new corporate sponsored named "Toyota Center", "Minute Maid Park", and "Reliant Stadium." To me, Texas Stadium defines the city of Dallas,

To me, Texas Stadium defines the city of Irving...because that is where it is.

thunderkyss
08-26-2006, 12:35 PM
I just happen to think...
If God were ever going to give the world an enema...
Dallas is where he'd stick it.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m44/whumber/cowboysflag.gif

I thought he stuck it in the middle east, and told dude to build a big boat......

bigtex77
08-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Not even worried about it. As far as SF goes it hard to rip apart an organization thats already ripped apart. As far as the Eagles go. If one player can rip apart your whole organization than your organization isnt very strong. The eagles main problem was McNabb getting hurt. When the Cowboys faced them in week 5 I believe it was the eagles were ranked #1 in O. McNabb went out then TO got suspended 2 weeks later.

TO will be TO on and off the field. So i'll take the off the field for what he can do on the field.

See you in the SB baby. Well not you as the Texans but you know what I mean.

Blah blah blah.

TEXANRED
08-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Well, my son, family, job. I think that's enough. I swear that is the dumbest thing someone could say.
No.......The dumbest thing someone could say is "Hi, I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan."

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-26-2006, 02:09 PM
I just happen to think...
If God were ever going to give the world an enema...
Dallas is where he'd stick it.

"God created the earth in 6 days..... And On The Seventh Day God Said, "Let There Be Football" And It Was Good. Later That Day God Said, "Let There Be One Team To Rule The Others, To Set The Standard For Excellence." And With That He Plucked A Star From The Heavens And Placed It On A Helmet Of Silver And Blue. God Said, Let Them Be Called....The Dallas Cowboys!!"

you really are dumber than a box of rocks ain't you boy, look at your list Jones bought team in 1989 AND Jimmy Johnson did drafting until he was fired by Jack***** Jones. So lets take off Tuinei, Irvin, Newton, Norton SINCE they were all drafted by Gil Brandt....:pigfly:

Why the name-calling? This is a spirited thread, no need to call someone "dumber than a box of rocks" or claiming Cowboy fans are on drugs.. Thankfully Dallas fans have kept their dignity in line, you've seemed to throw all of yours away in posts equal to the epitome of trash.

Mr. Jones has been an intrical part in the Cowboys success.. 11 playoff appearances, 3 Super Bowl wins, and a handful of NFC Championship appearances don't lie. Not to mention several Hall of Famers to come in the future. While he's made a few mistakes, Mr. Jones has a passion for winning, McNair on the other hand hired the wrong HC, wrong GM, and 4 years of dissapointments.

GuerillaBlack
08-26-2006, 02:21 PM
"God created the earth in 6 days..... And On The Seventh Day God Said, "Let There Be Football" And It Was Good. Later That Day God Said, "Let There Be One Team To Rule The Others, To Set The Standard For Excellence." And With That He Plucked A Star From The Heavens And Placed It On A Helmet Of Silver And Blue. God Said, Let Them Be Called....The Dallas Cowboys!!"

Even though it may be a joke, you wonder where the Dallas Cowboy fan hate comes from :rolleyes:.

Headlights of a Carr
08-26-2006, 02:35 PM

No I think the dumbest thing someone could say is......

I Loves me some TO as your signature.

lol:chicken:

Oh and it's not nice to swear.

TEXANRED
08-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Mr. Jones has been an intrical part in the Cowboys success.. 11 playoff appearances, 3 Super Bowl wins, and a handful of NFC Championship appearances don't lie. Not to mention several Hall of Famers to come in the future. While he's made a few mistakes, Mr. Jones has a passion for winning, McNair on the other hand hired the wrong HC, wrong GM, and 4 years of dissapointments.

Hold on now, lets stop the carnival of delusions right now. You don't have either Johnson or Jones to thank for the success of the 90's. You have Hershel Walker and Minn to thank. That little trade insured Aikman, Irvin, and Smith played on the same team.

It wasn't even Johnson's coaching but those three players that made that team good. Didn't hurt the Cowboys played Buffalo twice and a bookie paid off O'donnell.

Look at how great Johnson was in Miami. Jone's stellar leadership and talent scouting had Quincy Carter starting at QB.

Also, lets not throw around how we hired the wrong coach. Who was after Johnson? Switzer, Campo, and some other guy. Jerry Jones can't fire himself.

Headlights of a Carr
08-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Hold on now, lets stop the carnival of delusions right now. You don't have either Johnson or Jones to thank for the success of the 90's. You have Hershel Walker and Minn to thank. That little trade insured Aikman, Irvin, and Smith played on the same team.

It wasn't even Johnson's coaching but those three players that made that team good. Didn't hurt the Cowboys played Buffalo twice and a bookie paid off O'donnell.

Look at how great Johnson was in Miami. Jone's stellar leadership and talent scouting had Quincy Carter starting at QB.

Also, lets not throw around how we hired the wrong coach. Who was after Johnson? Switzer, Campo, and some other guy. Jerry Jones can't fire himself.

Great Post!

thunderkyss
08-26-2006, 02:49 PM
No I think the dumbest thing someone could say is......
as your signature.

lol:chicken:

Oh and it's not nice to swear.

uh......... have you seen my signature on the Cowboys-forum (http://www.cowboys-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=425970&postcount=49) ??

I'm a Cowboy fan from way back...... & I love how T.O. single handedly dismantled the eagles.... to me, it would be perfect if T.O. wins a SuperBowl with the Cowboys, and retires as a Cowboy......

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/tosigcopy7sx.png

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-26-2006, 03:00 PM

Outlandish claims man.. the trade assured Emmitt Smith would be on the team. He was the last of the triplets to be drafted, both Troy and Michael were already on the roster long before Emmitt doned a Cowboy uniform. Plus it was in 1990, long after Jones took over the team.

It wasn't only the triplets who made that team good. That's an absolute slap into the face to the several other players already mentioned in this thread.. The entire offensive line was Pro-Bowl quality, and in-fact, 4 out of 5 of the Cowboy's offensive line went to the Pro Bowl, in 2 consecutive seasons. Name one other team who's managed to accomplish this feat. And I haven't even mentioned the defensive, aka, Doomsday II.. Darren Woodson, Deion Sanders, Charles Haley, Leon Lett, Ken Norton, Russell Maryland, all of whom made the Pro-Bowl as well.

Everyone knows the joke of the NFL was the AFC back in the early 90s. Back then the real Super Bowls were the NFC Championships. Where the Cowboys took down the mighty San Francisco dynasty, led by two of the best players to ever play the game in their prime in Steve Young and Jerry Rice. Those were the real battles. Not to mention the '95 win over the Packers.

Many Texan fans not too long ago drueled at the thought of having Jimmy Johnson as the coach of Houston. Jimmy Johnson was magnificent in coaching this team to a dynasty.

Thunderkyss, my sig at CF (of another Cowboy great I forgot to mention- Billy Bates):

http://people.tamu.edu/~rmrod/bates2.jpg

GuerillaBlack
08-26-2006, 03:20 PM
It is real stupid to make someone sign in before viewing a forum. Turns many people away.

DFAN
08-26-2006, 03:28 PM
No.......The dumbest thing someone could say is "Hi, I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan."

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! Good one.:rolleyes:

bigtex77
08-26-2006, 04:00 PM
HowBoutThemCowboys! "God created the earth in 6 days..... And On The Seventh Day God Said, "Let There Be Football" And It Was Good. Later That Day God Said, "Let There Be One Team To Rule The Others, To Set The Standard For Excellence." And With That He Plucked A Star From The Heavens And Placed It On A Helmet Of Silver And Blue. God Said, Let Them Be Called....The Dallas Cowboys!!"

Yeah, I just threw up in my mouth a little...from laughing so damn hard.

TEXANRED
08-26-2006, 04:02 PM
Outlandish claims man.. the trade assured Emmitt Smith would be on the team. He was the last of the triplets to be drafted, both Troy and Michael were already on the roster long before Emmitt doned a Cowboy uniform. Plus it was in 1990, long after Jones took over the team.

It wasn't only the triplets who made that team good. That's an absolute slap into the face to the several other players already mentioned in this thread.. The entire offensive line was Pro-Bowl quality, and in-fact, 4 out of 5 of the Cowboy's offensive line went to the Pro Bowl, in 2 consecutive seasons. Name one other team who's managed to accomplish this feat. And I haven't even mentioned the defensive, aka, Doomsday II.. Darren Woodson, Deion Sanders, Charles Haley, Leon Lett, Ken Norton, Russell Maryland, all of whom made the Pro-Bowl as well.

Everyone knows the joke of the NFL was the AFC back in the early 90s. Back then the real Super Bowls were the NFC Championships. Where the Cowboys took down the mighty San Francisco dynasty, led by two of the best players to ever play the game in their prime in Steve Young and Jerry Rice. Those were the real battles. Not to mention the '95 win over the Packers.

Many Texan fans not too long ago drueled at the thought of having Jimmy Johnson as the coach of Houston. Jimmy Johnson was magnificent in coaching this team to a dynasty.

http://people.tamu.edu/~rmrod/bates2.jpg
http://www.nfl.com/draft/historical/years/1988round.html
http://www.nfl.com/draft/historical/years/1989round.html
http://www.nfl.com/draft/historical/years/1990round.html
http://vikings.scout.com/2/11653.html
You are right. Irvin was drafted in 88. I thought he was drafted in 90.

Still everyone drafted in 89 was the core to the Superbowl championships.

Emmit Smith made the offensive line look good. The Oilers had Mark S. He sucked. When Emmit was hurt for a particular year Larry Allen even said Smith made them a better line.

The Cowboys didn't take down the 49er's, they were winding down already. Walsh retired, Roger Creig was gone, and Montana was gone. Give me a break. As far as the Packers go, they had one good year and played the Patriots in there Superbowl. Funny, against the QB you have now.

If it wasn't for Minn for a boneheaded move the Cowboys would never had the years they had. It had nothing to do with Johnson being a great coach or Jerry Jones being a great owner. They won the lottery with Minn. As I had said before, Johnson stunk in Miami and Jones thought Quincy Carter was the next Aikman.

I also wouldn't classify Sanders as a Cowboy. Falcon first, 49er second, bought by the Cowboys as his career was winding down.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-26-2006, 04:32 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/historical/years/1988round.html
http://www.nfl.com/draft/historical/years/1989round.html
http://www.nfl.com/draft/historical/years/1990round.html
http://vikings.scout.com/2/11653.html
You are right. Irvin was drafted in 88. I thought he was drafted in 90.

Still everyone drafted in 89 was the core to the Superbowl championships.

Emmit Smith made the offensive line look good. The Oilers had Mark S. He sucked. When Emmit was hurt for a particular year Larry Allen even said Smith made them a better line.

The Cowboys didn't take down the 49er's, they were winding down already. Walsh retired, Roger Creig was gone, and Montana was gone. Give me a break. As far as the Packers go, they had one good year and played the Patriots in there Superbowl. Funny, against the QB you have now.

If it wasn't for Minn for a boneheaded move the Cowboys would never had the years they had. It had nothing to do with Johnson being a great coach or Jerry Jones being a great owner. They won the lottery with Minn. As I had said before, Johnson stunk in Miami and Jones thought Quincy Carter was the next Aikman.

I also wouldn't classify Sanders as a Cowboy. Falcon first, 49er second, bought by the Cowboys as his career was winding down.

The offensive line was amazing.. don't see what you mean by Emmitt making them look better.. it was a joint effort. Believe me, you don't get 4 out of 5 of your offensive line in the Pro-Bowl two times in a row without truly deserving it. They're performance was magnified after their first Pro-Bowl appearance, and the same resulted in the next Pro-Bowl.

"Give you a break" about the 49ers? Please tell me you didn't just say they were "winding down." How is 3 conference championship appearances, a Super Bowl win, within the span of 5 years, considered winding down? Sure Montana was gone, but what about Steve Young? Jerry Rice? Deion Sanders? Funny how the one year the Cowboys lost the NFC Championship, it was the 49ers, who went on to pound on another AFC dud in the Super Bowl-- San Diego, 49-26.

It is real stupid to make someone sign in before viewing a forum. Turns many people away.

Not really.. It helps for people to post.. As I speak at 4:51, there are 47 guests viewing the Talk about NFL section, as opposed to 8 users. This section would be much more alive if texans.com did the same. In the bullpen- 117 guests, 48 members.

bigtex77
08-26-2006, 05:08 PM
HowBoutThemCowboys! - He Plucked A Star From The Heavens And Placed It On A Helmet Of Silver And Blue.

Last time I checked, the stars in the heavens appeared to be very white, not at all like the blue one on the Cowboys beloved helmets. Ironically the Texans have white stars on our helmets, looks like you got your teams mixed up. You can thank me later for the clarification. :cowboy1:

TEXANRED
08-26-2006, 05:20 PM
"Give you a break" about the 49ers? Please tell me you didn't just say they were "winding down." How is 3 conference championship appearances, a Super Bowl win, within the span of 5 years, considered winding down? Sure Montana was gone, but what about Steve Young? Jerry Rice? Deion Sanders? Funny how the one year the Cowboys lost the NFC Championship, it was the 49ers, who went on to pound on another AFC dud in the Super Bowl-- San Diego, 49-26.

What would you consider the Barry Switzer years as? That is exactly how I would classify those years for the 49er's after Walsh left. Seifert was riding the team Walsh built like Switzer did for the Cowboys. That is what I consider as winding down.

As for the dud AFC team........well Wheeler got lucky on a hail mary. Cowher couldn't buy a break in the 90's.

DFAN
08-26-2006, 05:22 PM
[url]

WOW!!! Just WOW!!! Emmitt was great running back but for 3 or 4 years there he had one of the best if not the best OL in the history of the NFL. He had holes you could drive a bus threw. I'm not taking anything away from Emmitt but he had a great OL. As far as Mark I dont know how he did with the Oilers but he anchored the Cowboys OL.

I wouldn't call 3 straight NFC Championship games and a SB victory winding down.

Toatally agree with the Minn. deal.I wouldn't say Johnson sucked in Miami. Trust me. If McNair could had pulled him out of retirement you and a lot of other Texan fans would be estatic.

He will retire a Cowboy or a falcon. Niner 2nd? He spent on year in SF. You could classify him as Raven more than a Niner.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Not really.. It helps for people to post.. As I speak at 4:51, there are 47 guests viewing the Talk about NFL section, as opposed to 8 users. This section would be much more alive if texans.com did the same. In the bullpen- 117 guests, 48 members.

Those numbers change as the game gets closer and also right after a game. Over-all it's the difference between die-hards vs lurkers. But sometimes, I don't login I just read; even though I'm a member.

bigtex77
08-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Toatally agree with the Minn. deal.I wouldn't say Johnson sucked in Miami. Trust me. If McNair could had pulled him out of retirement you and a lot of other Texan fans would be estatic.

Ummm, no. I didn't like JJ when he was coaching the Girls, much less as a potential coach for my team, and I'm sure there are many more here who share the same opinion.

GuerillaBlack
08-26-2006, 06:10 PM
Those numbers change as the game gets closer and also right after a game. Over-all it's the difference between die-hards vs lurkers. But sometimes, I don't login I just read; even though I'm a member.

Same. I am usually a guest, but if I see something stupid said like some of the Cowboy fans in this thread , I usually login and respond. Then I go onto other threads while I'm at it.

DFAN
08-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Ummm, no. I didn't like JJ when he was coaching the Girls, much less as a potential coach for my team, and I'm sure there are many more here who share the same opinion.

OK!! I'll take you out of the equation. I would say there would had been a lot more for the hiring of JJ than against it. Local radio was blowing up when there was little rumor about JJ coming to Houston.

TexansLucky13
08-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Why do I hate the Cowboys? Cowboys fans, thats why.

Unfortunately, the older and much more established Cowboys franchise has influenced almost every Texan city other than Houston. As for College Station, I get dirty looks when I proudly sport my Carr or Williams jersey. And what happens if I were to get into a football conversation with them? Why, they talk about how cool the Cowboys are. But what happens if I ask them to name two running backs or quarterbacks on the team? They have no idea. It amazes me.

I am proud to say that I am starting up a Texans club and we will have Sunday BBQs as much as possible.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Why do I hate the Cowboys? Cowboys fans, thats why.

Unfortunately, the older and much more established Cowboys franchise has influenced almost every Texan city other than Houston. As for College Station, I get dirty looks when I proudly sport my Carr or Williams jersey. And what happens if I were to get into a football conversation with them? Why, they talk about how cool the Cowboys are. But what happens if I ask them to name two running backs or quarterbacks on the team? They have no idea. It amazes me.

I am proud to say that I am starting up a Texans club and we will have Sunday BBQs as much as possible.

I really don't believe you could go up to a Cowboy fan, ask them who their QB is, and they won't answer. I'm not saying you’re lying, but that has never happened in my career as a Cowboy fan. The Cowboy fans I know could predict the 53-man roster right now, give their opinions on the battle for the RT, FS positions, give their take on our WR controversey- Sam Hurd, Jamaica Rector, Skyler Green, Terrence Copper.

I'm sorry you get "dirty looks" for wearing your Texan jerseys around Aggie-Land, but the place is heavily closer to Houston than Dallas.

When I stroll down my school, and occasionally see one of my upper-classmen wearing a Cowboy jersey, I give a nod of the head, wink of the eye, and a good ol' high-five, along with a- "How bout em cowboys?"

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-26-2006, 10:17 PM

Ummmmmmmmmm YES.

'Nuff said:

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=14433&highlight=Jimmy+Johnson

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=13860&highlight=Jimmy+Johnson

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=15197&highlight=Jimmy+Johnson

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=15525&highlight=Jimmy+Johnson

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=13523&highlight=Jimmy+Johnson

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=11950&highlight=Jimmy+Johnson

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=13306&highlight=Jimmy+Johnson

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/search.php?searchid=197071&pp=25&page=4

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=15465&highlight=Jimmy+Johnson

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=14388&highlight=Jimmy+Johnson

http://www.cowboys-video.com/images/cowboys_smilies/thank_you.gif

TexansLucky13
08-26-2006, 10:23 PM
I really don't believe you could go up to a Cowboy fan, ask them who their QB is, and they won't answer. I'm not saying you’re lying, but that has never happened in my career as a Cowboy fan. The Cowboy fans I know could predict the 53-man roster right now, give their opinions on the battle for the RT, FS positions, give their take on our WR controversey- Sam Hurd, Jamaica Rector, Skyler Green, Terrence Copper.

I'm sorry you get "dirty looks" for wearing your Texan jerseys around Aggie-Land, but the place is heavily closer to Houston than Dallas.

When I stroll down my school, and occasionally see one of my upper-classmen wearing a Cowboy jersey, I give a nod of the head, wink of the eye, and a good ol' high-five, along with a- "How bout em cowboys?"

Believe it.

College Station is 72 miles from Houston, you are correct. And that is why it concerns me. But it does not matter. I am not disturbed by these Cowboys fans in particular. We are all Aggies and it would take a lot for me to look down on them. As for Longhorns...

I like your kind of fanship. I wish I could see more of that around here. I get the occasional "Texans... H3ll yea!".

I meant no particular offense to you, but there are those few rotten apples that spoil the whole bunch.

texanskan
08-26-2006, 10:57 PM
I don't like the Cowboys because Dallas is in front of their name.

I don't like little d because it is an embarasment to my great state.

www.thebeautifulroom.com

Game over! Dallas is full of fake BMW leasing, apt renting credit card millionairs.

They wan't nothing to do with Texas or being a Texan and would much rather become a mini Boston or some other northeast town.

F*CK THE IRVING COWBOYS OF ARLINGTON!

GO TEXANS 2-0 LIFETIME ON 10-15!

thunderkyss
08-26-2006, 11:43 PM

Oh it happens around here all the time...... Many Dallas fans in PortArthur are Dallas fans because of the Jimmy Johnson connection.... and you'll only see them don Cowboy gear around playoff time....

TEXAN65
08-26-2006, 11:48 PM
I was a cowboy fan and also liked the oilers, but like hookem horns I have had a different perspective on true fans. I lived in so cal for a few painful years and even went to the cowboy raider game back in the early 90's. I never so many cowgirl fans so far away from home, not! or should I say bandwagoneers. Well anyway you could say I saw the light and changed my ways. I went to the see the TEXANS in san diego there first year and the few fans that I saw there were all from Texas. Theres no place like home.:yahoo:

bigtex77
08-27-2006, 01:03 AM
HowBoutThemCowboys! - Ummmmmmmmmm YES.

'Nuff said

As I stated before, I didn't like him when he was coaching the Girls, much less as a potential coach for my team. (Just so we're clear.) OK then, there are more than a few people here who don't like the idea of anyone associated with the Cowboys including Johnson coming anywhere near our team. Is that a better explaination?

JoshTheChild
08-27-2006, 01:09 AM
because the cowboys are from dallas

Headlights of a Carr
08-27-2006, 03:47 PM

God could careless about the Cowboys.:rolleyes:

Tex Schramm picked the uniforms.

Headlights of a Carr
08-27-2006, 03:51 PM
uh......... have you seen my signature on the Cowboys-forum (http://www.cowboys-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=425970&postcount=49) ??

I'm a Cowboy fan from way back...... & I love how T.O. single handedly dismantled the eagles.... to me, it would be perfect if T.O. wins a SuperBowl with the Cowboys, and retires as a Cowboy......

First of all I don't go to the Girls forum. I like to stay on the message board of the team I love and that's the Texans. Looks like TO got fined $9500.00 which is chump change to him but still it looks like he is the same TO.

CloakNNNdagger
08-27-2006, 04:19 PM
As I stated before, I didn't like him when he was coaching the Girls, much less as a potential coach for my team. (Just so we're clear.) OK then, there are more than a few people here who don't like the idea of anyone associated with the Cowboys including Johnson coming anywhere near our team. Is that a better explaination?

Bigtex, you might as well save your breath. Do you think that fans of the shameless team that could trade for the "player" that had "p*ssed" on their star, could possibly understand what you're saying?

DFAN
08-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Bigtex, you might as well save your breath. Do you think that fans of the shameless team that could trade for the "player" that had "p*ssed" on their star, could possibly understand what you're saying?

No trade.

bigtex77
08-27-2006, 06:40 PM

Very true.

Ihategeeks
08-27-2006, 07:08 PM
I hate the cowboys because their fans are the lowest common denomination from Texas, which is the most ignorant bloodthirsty alpha male sector of american society. Their only redeeming quality is they are just stupid enough to sign up to "protect" this country's oil intrests.

CloakNNNdagger
08-27-2006, 08:43 PM
No trade.

I stand corrected........the main point still stands.

flylikeaneagle
08-27-2006, 11:45 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/BuffsandEagles/texasstadium.jpg

BigDTexansFan
08-28-2006, 12:03 AM

THIS piece of bullpookie is DIGNITY.....ROFLMFAO

Why the name-calling? This is a spirited thread, no need to call someone "dumber than a box of rocks" or claiming Cowboy fans are on drugs.. Thankfully Dallas fans have kept their dignity in line, you've seemed to throw all of yours away in posts equal to the epitome of trash.

Mr. Jones in REAL world wouldn't get a job as a lawn jockey, Jones hired Johnson, Gil Brandt drafted a bunch of the people you claim for Larry/Moe/Curly Jones

as to "Dumber Than Box of Rocks" comment, you are a Cowboys fan who thinks his team is Super Bowl bound:pigfly: ...so I think I was right "Dumber Than a Box of Rocks" is RIGHT

BigDTexansFan
08-28-2006, 12:11 AM
OK!! I'll take you out of the equation. I would say there would had been a lot more for the hiring of JJ than against it. Local radio was blowing up when there was little rumor about JJ coming to Houston.

That rumor was started by Jimmy Johnson....LOL, when McNair wanted to hire someone to evaluate talent on team. He went to a number of people, they included Jimmy "Monster Ego" Johnson, he asked if you had to name 1 person to evaluate your team and tell you whether to flush them or keep them who would you ask.

Mr McNair hired Dan Reeves as a majority of people said Dan Reeves would be best to look at team and advise, so Dan Reeves was hired not to be a head coach. But simply to advise on coaches, players and draft picks for upcoming change. Mr McNair dispelled that rumor in print, he said and I STATE "I neve roffered Jimmy Johnson a head coaching job, I asked his advice and that was it, unlike Cowboys owner (one knows he is lying by fact his lips moving) Mr. McNair doesn't lie to media or fans either one.

Jimmy Johnson is hoping someone will hire him so he can make a comeback:lightbulb:

BigDTexansFan
08-28-2006, 12:17 AM
19 - 10
The other reason, My wife's family is from Dallas and all they talk about is how the Cowboys walk on water. I cannot stand it.

When you visit Wife's family in Dallas, go to mall with Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop stop in and ask (in front of FIL & MIL) got anything with 19-10 on it. I love when employee has to think and think, then they ask 19-10? that is score by which Texans beat Cowboys....LOL:stirpot:

BigDTexansFan
08-28-2006, 12:21 AM
Here in SA I have 1 friend that (that is a Cowboys fan) I can objectively talk football with. ONE yes count again 1. He is polite will actually listen and has only asked once why I Dislike the Cowboys. He saw my point and moved on.

All the others are Rude and every year all i hear is about how every one else sucks and wont win a game. While the almighty Cowboys will go undefeated.

Then we have Local radio... At nausium about the cowboys. Vex earlier in the year said T.O. is a putz and would never want some one who blasphemed the star on his blessed cowboys. Now like V-man said, Vex would have his baby if he could.

Apparently they are always one player from going to the super bowl. (Eddie George testeverde Bledsoe) when those guys signed on you would have thought that Tags was just going to go up to jerry and give him the trophy.

I grew up watching the cowboys with my grandpa. He was proud of them in the 70's. My grand father was always about honor and dignity. With that I have to mention the 90's the cowboys "Hooker and Crack" Phase. I could almost hear my grandfather say if you cant win with dignity you don’t deserve to win. I at that point lost interest.

In 2002 two things came into my life my son and another Texas team.

Hopefully San Antonio will do right thing, with Cowboys coming to Alamo City for training camp in 2007. I hope they hired enough cops to keep Cowboys entertained.

BigDTexansFan
08-28-2006, 12:24 AM

I understand you are an AGGIE, I wish you had explained that to me See now I know why you think is night all the time, becuz your head is up your #@$..see I knew there was an explanation as to why you so......:crutch:

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-28-2006, 01:51 AM
becuz your head is up your #@$..see I knew there was an explanation as to why you so......:crutch:

Really uncalled for..

HJam72
08-28-2006, 03:32 AM
....because they could go 0-16 for 10 yrs. straight and I could move to downtown Manhattan and be a Jets or Giants fan and I guarantee you they would STILL show the Cowboys instead of my favorite team. I don't actually hate the Cowboys--I hate the idiots who schedule their games at the same time as the Texans and the TV scheduling idiots who think that, if you live one foot outside of the Houston city limits, you must be a Cowboy fan.

nflnutswife
08-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Can I be your pinkie finger instead of the middle one??:hides:

PhillyFan
08-28-2006, 02:35 PM
It would take me about 5 or 6 days to come up with a full list describing my hate for the cowpies.

I will just leave it at that I absolutely loathe them.

kingh99
08-28-2006, 02:55 PM
How can you hate the cowboys. they have broken through so many important barriers for society in general. They had the original dope gangster in Bob Hayes. They had the first full time crack head in Hollywood Henderson and they had some guy named Lance before anyone else. They had a guy so stupid he helped the Dolphins score with no time left (Leon Lett). They had the first player to break through the crack stigma and now we have a current full time crackhead gainfully employed as a sportscaster in Mike. So brave the cowboys. So many firsts.

El Tejano
08-28-2006, 03:16 PM
I hate them because Austin won't show The Texans preseason game but they will show the Cowboys all the time no matter how bad their record was.

BigDTexansFan
08-28-2006, 05:41 PM
heard this on radio, it is caslled NPD or Narcisstic Personality Disorder, this explains Cowboys fans to a T

amoral/conscienceless
authoritarian
care only about appearances
contemptuous
critical of others
cruel
don't recognize own feelings
envious and competitive
feel entitled
grandiose
hard to have a good time with
hyper-sensitive to criticism
impulsive
lack sense of humor
Naive
passive
pessimistic
secretive
self-contradictory

Now doesn't this fit!!!!

Headlights of a Carr
08-28-2006, 08:52 PM
I hate the cowboys because their fans are the lowest common denomination from Texas, which is the most ignorant bloodthirsty alpha male sector of american society. Their only redeeming quality is they are just stupid enough to sign up to "protect" this country's oil intrests.

lol

Hope the Lions have a good year this year geeks.....

:)

HOOK'EM
08-30-2006, 06:43 AM
GOD, I hope "Huge" hasn't seen this thread................you guys will have hell to pay!

infantrycak
08-30-2006, 06:57 AM
GOD, I hope "Huge" hasn't seen this thread................you guys will have hell to pay!

Don't run around spamming the MB with off-topic jabs at Huge.

FYI--Huge is a long time poster who has displayed significant football knowledge over the years.

SheTexan
08-30-2006, 07:26 AM
Can I be your pinkie finger instead of the middle one??:hides:

This is for you Pam!!:thumbup

WWJD
08-30-2006, 07:34 AM
heard this on radio, it is caslled NPD or Narcisstic Personality Disorder, this explains Cowboys fans to a T

amoral/conscienceless
authoritarian
care only about appearances
contemptuous
critical of others
cruel
don't recognize own feelings
envious and competitive
feel entitled
grandiose
hard to have a good time with
hyper-sensitive to criticism
impulsive
lack sense of humor
Naive
passive
pessimistic
secretive
self-contradictory

Now doesn't this fit!!!!

Well I am a bit impulsive and probably naive at times and maybe even a bit secretive about some things so I guess I qualify!

Ihategeeks
08-30-2006, 07:52 AM
lol

Hope the Lions have a good year this year geeks.....

:)

No annual Texans vs Lions crap this year. I think both fanbases are aware our teams suck by now :cool:

Week 17 vs Dallas , watch the Lions knock Dallas out of the playoffs :cowboy1:

19-10
08-30-2006, 08:06 AM
I have hated the cowboys since the firing of Tom Landry. Before then I actually liked them and as a child it was easy to bandwagon there success. The new owner really did it in for you guys - nothing has been the same, except the success :brickwall . But that in no way should make up for the embarrassment that was Irvin, Newton, and now T.O. When the Oilers left I had a single focus - to hate and root against the boys - and I'll tell you it was fun!
Last year I went to the Monday night game and watched the Skins humiliate them in the final minutes (the same night troy, emmit and michael got put in the "ring of disgust") anyway that short 6 minutes of glee was enough to get me through the horror of our season. That should tell a lot.

T.O.??? What a joke - Karma is a ***** huh? They deserve it. I hope they all get gonorrhea and die a painful death. j/k

Ihategeeks
08-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Oh why do I bother with these idiotic type threads? look you hate us because
we are better and we, don't lower our selves to the level which frauds like you
can only get to. we don't need some scoreboard or some meaningless game to
tell us who's better, in the end the better team wins the ring the loser shuts
his/her mouth until they get that ring.

Looks like you signed up on this forum to do nothing but " lower yourself to the level of frauds"

:shades:

TEXANRED
08-30-2006, 09:34 AM
signed up to just tell it like it is
What would that be? To state how much the Cowboys suck?:chicken:

powerfuldragon
08-30-2006, 10:09 AM
Oh why do I bother with these idiotic type threads? look you hate us because
we are better and we, don't lower our selves to the level which frauds like you
can only get to. we don't need some scoreboard or some meaningless game to
tell us who's better, in the end the better team wins the ring the loser shuts
his/her mouth until they get that ring.
Ah, the old You're Jealous argument. Very original.

Texans_Chick
08-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Hey truth hurts if it weren't jealousy you'd never start up these pointless threads talking about us. you'd devote more time to talking about what your
own team is doing. and the truth is the real fans don't care what we are doing
the true fans aren't wasting. countless hours crying oh I hate them, Dallas fans
don't even have a single thread mentioning what Houstink is doing. which means
you care more about us then you do your own team

Hey buddy, a Cowboy fan started this thread.

Your posts are just a great way to demonstrate how classy Cowboy fans are.

I bet you are a polite dinner guest too.

gwallaia
08-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Hey truth hurts if it weren't jealousy you'd never start up these pointless threads talking about us. you'd devote more time to talking about what your
own team is doing.

Yeah, of the 22,089 threads on this board. All of them are about Dallas.

bigtex77
08-30-2006, 04:52 PM
own team is doing. and the truth is the real fans don't care what we are doing
the true fans aren't wasting. countless hours crying oh I hate them, Dallas fans
don't even have a single thread mentioning what Houstink is doing. which means
you care more about us then you do your own team

I am a real fan, but I stilll like to put my two cents in on threads like this one and it's never taken me "countless hours" to do so. Although I do have a deep rooted hatred for the fans of the Cowboys, I will never ever care more about a team that couldn't beat us in our first game more than my Texans. Period. Oh by the way the whole "How bout them (or dem, apparently) Cowboys" thing went out with Jimmy Johnson's hairstyle, just so you know. Have a great day.:)

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Hey buddy, a Cowboy fan started this thread.

Your posts are just a great way to demonstrate how classy Cowboy fans are.

I bet you are a polite dinner guest too.

Would you give me a break.. Who are you to tell "how classy Cowboy fans are." TexasCowboy's posts were nothing compared to some of the "classy fans" here, they're heavenly compared to here-

"your head is up your #@$."

" your just dumber than rocks"

"F*CK THE IRVING COWBOYS OF ARLINGTON!"

"Jack***** Jones"

Don't try to make us look like the bad guys when a little of your own medicine is dished back.

flylikeaneagle
08-30-2006, 06:23 PM
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh yeah.... talked to a Cowboys fan at work and he said they are only going to have 3 losses and that he bought two Owens jerseys. Poor guy. He had no teeth too so I already felt bad for him.

Vambo, the Marble Eye
08-30-2006, 07:45 PM
So tell me when does the attendance drop below 500

Hey Hondo,

Check out average game day attendance for the respective teams in 2005...

infantrycak
08-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Do you even have a clue what I am talking about? doubt you do so ask your
fellow so called Texans fans, what happenend to the Oiler? especially when
they boycotted the final game leaving a record 500 fans in the stand, most
of which where not real, because most of which were card board cut outs

Dude--bagging on the attendence as the Oilers were leaving town only makes you look ignorant and silly, and I say that as a fan who disagrees with most Oilers/Texans fans and supports the Cowboys except for when they play the Texans.

gwallaia
08-30-2006, 08:37 PM
The true Oiler fans just accepted Bud Adams right to move the team and supported them, and what did the rest do?

I was a true Oiler fan for 25 years and I did not accept Bud Adams right to move the team. I guess that just makes me a bad fan. If the team name has Tennessee in front of it and not Houston, it is no longer my team to cheer for.

axman40
08-30-2006, 08:58 PM
I don't acknowledge the fans who claim they cheer for Dallas only IF they aren't playing the Texans. and while it may make me look silly and ignorant for baggin on Oilers fans who went AWOL. the fact is where was the loyalty? The true Oiler fans just accepted Bud Adams right to move the team and supported them, and what did the rest do? threw tantrums like children and said we're not going to go to the games any more. now all of a sudden the Texans fans are springing up like a cockroach infestation. which leads me
to believe that the Texans fan base is made up of the remaining rejects
who decided I'm not gonna be a Titans fan. or the so called Dallas fans
who after decided I got what I wanted durin the 90's, so now it's time
for me to leach off another team, so now I'm a Texans fan all of a sudden

either way makes me sick
See I told you guys we needed a "Caster Out of Demons" on this board!

:fireball: :bowser:

CloakNNNdagger
08-30-2006, 09:18 PM
See I told you guys we needed a "Caster Out of Demons" on this board!

:fireball: :bowser:

Ultimate Demon Magnet............ guaranteed to absorb all that have possessed those on this board..........just lay thee next to me..........and tell me I'm beautiful......I'll do the rest......

http://mazurland.typepad.com/myweblog/images/exorcism1.jpg

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-30-2006, 10:45 PM
One good thing about the Cowboys is they have T.O. this guy is truley a comedy act that I can not stop laughing about, NFL network had a clip of him the other night peddling the bike at training camp, with a bike helmet, full body bike speedo body suit on, like he was ready to take on Lance armstrong for the Tour da France......truley very entertaining, I hope he stays there for awhile, and drags the cowboys through the Soap Opera trials like he has done everyone else......

infantrycak
08-30-2006, 11:26 PM
I don't acknowledge the fans who claim they cheer for Dallas only IF they aren't playing the Texans.

Well I give about as much concern for your acknowledgement as I do to Mr. Charmin's product. I have been a steadfast Cowboys fan all my life (and in that whole time I have had a favorite Texas team and then I wanted every other Texas team to win) but my path took me here where a brand new team came into existance that I could watch develop from the ground floor and take my kids to on gameday. So spare me your judgmental crud--but while we are at that you make Cowboys fans look bad.

CloakNNNdagger
08-31-2006, 10:38 AM
What your concern is of no concern to me, and while you may think I give true Dallas fans
a looking bad wrap, what you are does give true Dallas fans a bad wrap, It's called fair
weather or bandwagoner. which ever one suits your style fine, but know that I don't
need to cheer for any other team but America's Team. and you sir are nothing but a
fraud

Infantrycak doesn't have to account to you, sir, for making the Texans his "#1" Texas team to stand behind while he follows another. Fraud, sir?.........Fraud is a fan still claiming and supporting the title of "America's Team" after the title has been so inappropriate for so many years before this board's existence.

Huge
08-31-2006, 12:16 PM
Doesn't matter IF you were a true Oilers fan and decided to not cheer for them
even if they moved and changed the name. then that makes you a bandwagoner
the Titans are still considered the Oilers, Just like the Baltimore Ratbirds are still
considered the original Cleveland Browns
So the fans cheering for the team currently in Cleveland are cheering for the wrong Browns?

Website regulations frown on name calling so I'm going to stop here.

CloakNNNdagger
08-31-2006, 06:00 PM
Dallas is America's Team a name idiots like you help to support by turning on
the TV every Sunday praying they lose, so their is no need to whine over a
name your helping to support

I resent the fact that we might be related.

flylikeaneagle
08-31-2006, 10:55 PM
Owens gets a standing ovation? Another reason I dislike Dallas fans, right there. Chalk that one up on the list of idiocy. You root for a guy who did all this crap to your team and stadium? HA!

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-31-2006, 11:48 PM
Owens gets a standing ovation? Another reason I dislike Dallas fans, right there. Chalk that one up on the list of idiocy. You root for a guy who did all this crap to your team and stadium? HA!

Absolutely Texas Stadium gave Terrell a standing-o. After all he's been through, with the media's insane coverage over his hamstring, his recoverey, it was well deserved.. I'm sure Philadelphia fans did the same when his first play from scrimmage was a touchdown.

What do you refer to as "crap" to our team? The Cowboy's have worked like a fine-oiled machine this season, and it should translate to a great season.

About the stadium-- it's the past. He was a youngin' making a name for himself, who had the guts to do a celebration many have dreamed of. He didn't disgrace the Star, he embraced it.

TexansLucky13
08-31-2006, 11:51 PM
About the stadium-- it's the past. He was a youngin' making a name for himself, who had the guts to do a celebration many have dreamed of. He didn't disgrace the Star, he embraced it.

That kind of statement reminds of right after the draft when I was trying to rationalize the fact that we had just passed up Reggie Bush. But now I know better (and feel better), and you will too.... as soon as TO is off your team.

Jags&Dawgs
09-01-2006, 05:45 AM
I dislike them cause they are our first team that we play against.

uhcougar08
09-01-2006, 10:19 AM
I hate them because first of all, they do not represent Texas, and they are not America's team. I hate Dallas and the people there. The Cowboys just suck! The End.

uhcougar08
09-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Absolutely Texas Stadium gave Terrell a standing-o. After all he's been through, with the media's insane coverage over his hamstring, his recoverey, it was well deserved.. I'm sure Philadelphia fans did the same when his first play from scrimmage was a touchdown.

What do you refer to as "crap" to our team? The Cowboy's have worked like a fine-oiled machine this season, and it should translate to a great season.

All I have to say about that is: 0-1!!!!!!!! I'm a Texan!!!!

flylikeaneagle
09-02-2006, 10:13 AM
That Cowboy fan is one funny dude... or dudette. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! You really think he was not faking that hamstring injury? Oh come on now. Don't be so gullible. Then after he finally practices, he says he reinjures it. Who does he blame? Parcells! The guy is a nut job and NO --- Philly would not cheer him when he came out onto the field if he did that to them. They would have boo'd him for sure. Dallas are the only ones that would cheer him on and encourage his circus act. Cheer for a guy who misquotes himself in his own flop of a book. Overslept for his team meeting? Yeah, riiiight. Just another example of him trying to see how far he can push the Dallas staff. Parcells even said that many players were complaining about the favortism they were showing to Owens. Then he tries to win the players back with little pats on the back... what a tool and fake.

The guy is the most selfish idiot in the NFL. He wore a Team Cycling outfit on his exercise bike, why? To draw attention to himself. To get the cameras on him. He is a tool just like Dennis Rodman. Good luck with him... you will need it. Remember, he played for MY team and I know by experience. He will destroy the Cowboys... isn't it great!

HowBoutThemCowboys!
09-02-2006, 10:47 AM
That Cowboy fan is one funny dude... or dudette. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! You really think he was not faking that hamstring injury? Oh come on now. Don't be so gullible. Then after he finally practices, he says he reinjures it. Who does he blame? Parcells! The guy is a nut job and NO --- Philly would not cheer him when he came out onto the field if he did that to them. They would have boo'd him for sure. Dallas are the only ones that would cheer him on and encourage his circus act. Cheer for a guy who misquotes himself in his own flop of a book. Overslept for his team meeting? Yeah, riiiight. Just another example of him trying to see how far he can push the Dallas staff. Parcells even said that many players were complaining about the favortism they were showing to Owens. Then he tries to win the players back with little pats on the back... what a tool and fake.

The guy is the most selfish idiot in the NFL. He wore a Team Cycling outfit on his exercise bike, why? To draw attention to himself. To get the cameras on him. He is a tool just like Dennis Rodman. Good luck with him... you will need it. Remember, he played for MY team and I know by experience. He will destroy the Cowboys... isn't it great!

Your disillusional if you believe Terrell faked the injury. The man is an absolute work-out freak, 24/7, and has something to prove in Dallas. It would make no sense for him to "fake" an injury. The guy played the Super Bowl with a broken leg, while McNabb was too "tired" to put some effort in a hurry-up offense with the Super Bowl on the line.

When did Parcells supposedly say some players were jealous of Terrell's attention? I really want to know, please bring up some textual evidence from Bill's mouth himself.

With the media's attention driving down his throat, he did indeed came back too early, only to reinjure it. When did Terrell ever "blame" it on Parcell's. Again, where's the text? You spin you words to make it sound like there's such turmoil down at Valley Ranch..

Why do you guys keep bringing up the Team Discovery incident? It was a little joke poking fun at the media's attention of himself, it lasted all of one practice.

Revolution
09-02-2006, 11:12 PM

If the girls are the chosen team, why did it take them 7 years to have a winning season? ;)

HowBoutThemCowboys!
09-03-2006, 09:55 PM
If the girls are the chosen team, why did it take them 7 years to have a winning season? ;)

It took seven days for the Cowboys to be! Seven years till winning!

TexansLucky13
09-05-2006, 09:58 AM

I love it!!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Luv_ya_blue again.

flylikeaneagle
09-11-2006, 02:34 PM
"How bout dem Cowboys" "How bout dem Cowboys"

:tease:

Bunch of cockroaches!!!!!!!! This is why they are called cockroaches.

"How Bout Dem Boys"

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bledsoe is a joke... Romo will be in there soon.

jlam
09-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Because of living in Northwest Louisiana for a brief period (thankfully) in my youth and having to come home on Sundays wishing to see my team play, only to have to see that disgusting star in the middle of the field every time. Watching everyone in La. root for the Saints in the early 90's only to jump ship and become Girls' fans once they started winning. I was young, but I suppose things such as these leave a lasting impression.

texansfaninca8892
10-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Where do I start?
1. JJ is an imbecile when it comes to football. He has only 2 good draft choices since the Jimmy Johnson era, and they are Witten (TE) and roy Williams. And the biggest mistake he's made is signing TO.
2. The cowgirls are in Irving, not Dallas, and are planning to move to Arlington.
3. JJ is an imbecile.
4. Other than 3 Super Bowls, nothing really good has come outta the Boys since Tom Landry was fired.