PDA

View Full Version : "Texan fan checking" ---Eagles response

gtexan02
08-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Hey guys,

So I went ahead and ventured into the enemy territory, to give a little hello to the Eagles and see what they thought about the first game. Pretty bleak, let me tell you.

While everyone on their agrees the Texans could be the real deal in a year or two, most are completeley writing us off as the moment. Lines like,

"Put it this way, if we lose to the Texans week 1 we are basically done. It wont happen."

But don't let that classless fan fool you, they actually some very insightful fans who remember how good Houston is on opening day, and how poorly Phillly traditionally plays on opening day. And remember, we were 2-14 last year giving up 68 sacks. They have every reason to be confident.

The biggest "gamebreaker" they claim is their "massive" DL versus our newly formulated OL. I agree this could potentially be a problem.

Heres the link if you're curious: http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index.php?showtopic=370435

I don't mind the Eagles. Mostly because I hate the cowboys, but who is asking? :)

texan279
08-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Just wait until Mario introduces himself to Mr. McNabb...:crutch:

TexanSam
08-23-2006, 11:16 PM
Does anyone remember that site that allowed you to view any teams message board but not post on it if you need a username to log in?

texan279
08-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Does anyone remember that site that allowed you to view any teams message board but not post on it if you need a username to log in?

Sending you a PM...

RTP2110
08-23-2006, 11:19 PM

I can't get thier login to work on the Eagles' site.:brickwall

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Sending you a PM...

Could you tell me too?

Brandon420tx
08-23-2006, 11:37 PM
The only parts I didn't like was
why is this Texas schmuck taking up valuable internet space with blather about the pathetic texans...? What a complete waste of time. you guys stink. do the texans even have a website? if so, about they've got about 14 registered users... the lions message board probably gets more use....

and the Reggie Bush discussion:brickwall

texan279
08-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Could you tell me too?

sure hang on

Grid
08-23-2006, 11:38 PM
here is the thing.. and this is a fairly "simple" viewpoint..

but anyway. The Eagles have a great Dline for getting pressure on the QB, but I dont think they will be able to handle our running game. And if they cant handle our running game, they are gonna have to quit going for the sack, and start going for the run stuff. And if they do that, we are gonna chew em up on offense (imo).

Last year against Denver, Philly lost 49 to 21. Mike Anderson rushed for 126 yards and Tatum Bell rushed for 107.

McNabb got 283 yards and 3 TDs in that game.. but thier defense could not contain that running attack. Incidentally..plummer got 4 passing TDs.

On Defense, I dont see the Philly offense as a huge threat. They lack weapons on offense. Im not saying that we will own thier offense... just that I dont see them coming out and running up the score on us.

Divebomb
08-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Philly sucks, they were crap last year. I like Bunkly there DT a great prospect, and I think Trotter ( SFA GRADUATE Hooks H.S. here in Texas) is a class act and probably one of my all time favorite NFL linebackers, a true Texas spirit and good hearted guy. The truth is, every team on our sched. has a W marked down for when they play the Texans game. When we open up that fresh can of GK-WhoopA## on Philly week one, every one around the NFL will be saying "WTF"!!! Dang, nothing like hearing some lame duck Philly Fan to get the blood flowing. :shoot:

Hookem Horns
08-24-2006, 12:27 AM
You don't want to get into it with Eagle fan. I used to live up there and they never think they are going to lose in week one, especially against a perceived weaker team. They will never give you an unbiased thought on the game. However, if they lose to the Texans like mentioned above they will be slitting their wrists and thinking they're going 0-16. Those fans are actually a bit humorous because there is never any in between with them, either the Eagles totally svck or they are Super Bowl bound. They are currently in their Super Bowl bound mode.

Personally I don't think they are going to be that good this season. They may beat the Texans (though I wouldn't be shocked at an upset due to overconfidence), however I think they will finish dead last in the NFC East. All 3 of the other teams look better right now.

BTW, treat yourself to listening to 610 WIP (Philly's Sports Station) the week leading up to the game. Listen how all the fans will be looking past the Texans and thinking this is a give me game, then if the Texans win, listen the Monday after the game. They will be calling for everyone to be fired and benched, quite entertaining. You can listen to that station and others like Houston 610 which I can listen to here in Austin on www.radiomat.com

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-24-2006, 02:18 AM
BTW, treat yourself to listening to 610 WIP (Philly's Sports Station) the week leading up to the game. Listen how all the fans will be looking past the Texans and thinking this is a give me game, then if the Texans win, listen the Monday after the game. They will be calling for everyone to be fired and benched, quite entertaining. You can listen to that station and others like Houston 610 which I can listen to here in Austin on www.radiomat.com

Yes, at least we're more realistic about our chances. I think that Kubs will make the proper adjustments during the game regarding their DT vs our OT. Let just make sure we are able to run and pass. I prefer the balanced game. Our WR/TE should do better. I'm sure that Lewis and Moulds want to do better this next game.

Maybe Mario will get some sacks too! :)

Mysteryhunt
08-24-2006, 03:29 AM
if we were a perenial playoff team with one off year vs a 2-14 i'd give you the same responses lol

WILLIEG
08-24-2006, 06:11 AM
The only thing that bothers me about that particular game is our ability to pick up the blitzes if there D-line is as good as they are claiming.

Malloy
08-24-2006, 08:06 AM
You don't want to get into it with Eagle fan. I used to live up there and they never think they are going to lose in week one, especially against a perceived weaker team. They will never give you an unbiased thought on the game. However, if they lose to the Texans like mentioned above they will be slitting their wrists and thinking they're going 0-16. Those fans are actually a bit humorous because there is never any in between with them, either the Eagles totally svck or they are Super Bowl bound. They are currently in their Super Bowl bound mode.

Personally I don't think they are going to be that good this season. They may beat the Texans (though I wouldn't be shocked at an upset due to overconfidence), however I think they will finish dead last in the NFC East. All 3 of the other teams look better right now.

Sounds like a bunch of crazy, but fun, peeps :)

thunderkyss
08-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Philly sucks, they were crap last year. I like Bunkly there DT a great prospect, and I think Trotter ( SFA GRADUATE Hooks H.S. here in Texas) is a class act and probably one of my all time favorite NFL linebackers, a true Texas spirit and good hearted guy. The truth is, every team on our sched. has a W marked down for when they play the Texans game. When we open up that fresh can of GK-WhoopA## on Philly week one, every one around the NFL will be saying "WTF"!!! Dang, nothing like hearing some lame duck Philly Fan to get the blood flowing. :shoot:

NO, when we get past Philly, they'll still write the Texans off.... The Philly Slow start........ the lucky Texans...... Philly looking past the game blah, blah, blah.

When we whup up on the Colts.......they'll say it's going to take some time adjust to the loss of a player like the Edge....... Dungy's son is still on their mind, Peyton/Tony control issues.....

Then when we rip the skins a new one. They are going to say "WTF"

GP
08-24-2006, 08:27 AM
You don't want to get into it with Eagle fan.

Yeah, they are unique. Eagles fan and Raiders fan are the only NFL fans who can somehow throw a bottle through a radio and hit people with it.

Amazing trick, if you ask me.

Here's another one that they pull: They mail an ice pick to a fellow fan in another NFL city, and the fellow fan goes and stabs it into your tire if your car has an opposing NFL team bumper sticker on it.

And my favorite: Decapitation of small mammals, sending you the head with a note stuffed in its mouth, telling you that "You're going to get the $#@%! kicked out of you on Sunday!"

----------------------------

"I'm West Ham till I die. I'm West Ham till I die. I'm West Ham till I die...."

-- from the movie Green Street Hooligans

RiotCommander
08-24-2006, 08:29 AM
All you need to know is Philly fans booed Santa Claus.

texflex513
08-24-2006, 09:19 AM

but anyway. The Eagles have a great Dline for getting pressure on the QB, but I dont think they will be able to handle our running game. And if they cant handle our running game, they are gonna have to quit going for the sack, and start going for the run stuff. And if they do that, we are gonna chew em up on offense (imo).

Last year against Denver, Philly lost 49 to 21. Mike Anderson rushed for 126 yards and Tatum Bell rushed for 107.

McNabb got 283 yards and 3 TDs in that game.. but thier defense could not contain that running attack. Incidentally..plummer got 4 passing TDs.

On Defense, I dont see the Philly offense as a huge threat. They lack weapons on offense. Im not saying that we will own thier offense... just that I dont see them coming out and running up the score on us.

Im just terrified of what jabar gaffney is gonna do to us on offense...:hide: LOLX1000

TexanExile
08-24-2006, 09:51 AM
You can listen to that station and others like Houston 610 which I can listen to here in Austin on www.radiomat.com

Great tip on radiomat. I'll use that page. Another free and easy way to listen to 610 and other stations nationwide is to use Yahoo! Widgets. I have a 610 Widget on my desktop and just doubleclick it to start the stream anytime. There are hundreds of widgets for stuff like that at http://widgets.yahoo.com and I've never had a problem with any of them.

Anyway, I second the comments on Philly fans. I respect them, in general, more than Cowboy fans because they know their football, but they're more likely to burn down their city than Cowboy fans. (Mainly because Cowboy fans don't like to get dirty...the required spongebath afterward disrupts their pedicure schedule.) And of course it's hard to talk smack to Team Chunky, considering they've been a lot better than Houston over the Texans' short existence.

I'm reminded, though, of how I reacted to a seriously annoying Chargers fan who came into this Bull Pen and talked smack to us about the "Bolts," which at the time had been written off as the worst team in football. I ridiculed the guy. They promptly rolled into Reliant Stadium and right over the Texans, and their franchise's rebirth began at that moment. And that Charger fan didn't shut up for weeks...he finally became the only person I've ever put on my ignore list here.

So to Eagle fan, I'd say be careful about writing off those lowly cellar-dwelling teams from the previous season. Dolphins fans learned that lesson from this team. Cowboys fans learned that lesson from this team. I do hope that school's back in session on opening night! :howdy:

EDIT: lol@Jabar reference, texflex. "Jabbie's got a gun" will never be a hit song in Texas.

real
08-24-2006, 11:47 AM
The eagle fans are cool...I went over and talked a little smack with them...But you'll never guess what they're secret weapon is...Westbrook!!!...I don't know about ya'll but Im not too worried about this guy, but they seem to think he is the savior of their offense...

PhillyFan
08-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Im an Eagles fan, coming to visit. Not here to start trouble, just to have some friendly football chat.

After perusing your forums a little bit, and seeing your schedule prediction thread, it appears you guys are very optimistic about your upcoming season, to say the least.

Looks like about 90%+ of your board here predicts a walk in the park when you play the Eagles.

Honestly, looking at your first 4 games, I am having a hard time seeing you going 2-2, but I am seeing a lot of 3-1 or 4-0 type predictions.

I think a lot of people here are looking at the Eagles, and seeing a 6-10 team. And you know what...that is actually fine with me. It is going to be a lot better game than any of you, or the homers on the Eagles boards think it will be.

As far as the direct matchup for week 1, I dont see any single position, with the exception of WR, where the Texans even come close to matching up with the Eagles.

Moulds will not cause Philly a problem. He will be man to man on Sheldon Brown, and Brown will not have a terrible time covering him.

AJ on the other hand...is a darn fine receiver. He is going to give Lito Sheppard fits. And I am willing to bet that Lito will need safety help to keep him in check. But with Brian Dawkins back there, I dont see an issue with that.

Where the Eagles are at their absolute weakest on defense, is at the outside LB position. We have scrubs. I admit it freely. The only thing we have in favor of that, is that our defensive line will completely overmatch the offensive line of the Texans. So hopefully, there wont be many rushes getting past them, and into the LB core, where Michael Lewis has to play up and help against the rush. Up the middle, you will have nothing though. Between Bunkley and Patterson, and Trotter right behind them...running between the tackles will not be a good idea.

The Eagles offense definitely has some questions. However, we also had some questions in 2000. And 2001. And 2002. Oh yah, and in 2003 also :p

yet, Andy Reid continued to pile up wins.

I dont see how the Texans have accumulated enough extra talent, to propel them from the number 1 pick of the draft, up to double digit wins.

I guess I will be back here after week 1, to discuss how things went. But in closing here...I just dont see any way possible that the Texans can match up with the Eagles, unless the Eagles come out and play totally flat.

Heres to a good season for you guys. Have a good one.

texan279
08-24-2006, 12:02 PM
The eagle fans are cool...I went over and talked a little smack with them...But you'll never guess what they're secret weapon is...Westbrook!!!...I don't know about ya'll but Im not too worried about this guy, but they seem to think he is the savior of their offense...

Westbrook is a threat out of the backfield on the ground and in the passing attack. He may not be their "saviour", but he has to be accounted for on the field.

Brandon420tx
08-24-2006, 12:09 PM
He also ran ith some power in the HOF game, or the Raiders just forgot to bring their power, either or.

HARRYJ
08-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Im just terrified of what jabar gaffney is gonna do to us on offense...:hide: LOLX1000

You can diss Eagles fans all you want but they at least know football? You do realize that Gaffney doesn't start for the Eagles, don't you? Texflex, it's this kind of post that Eagles fans make fun of, try to do better.:shades:

the wonger need food
08-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Where the Eagles are at their absolute weakest on defense, is at the outside LB position. We have scrubs. I admit it freely. The only thing we have in favor of that, is that our defensive line will completely overmatch the offensive line of the Texans. So hopefully, there wont be many rushes getting past them, and into the LB core, where Michael Lewis has to play up and help against the rush. Up the middle, you will have nothing though. Between Bunkley and Patterson, and Trotter right behind them...running between the tackles will not be a good idea.

I agree that our fans are a little too far on the optimistic side, however, what the rest of the world hasn't seen (yet) is that this is not the Texans that you or ESPN remembers. The biggest areas of improvement are in the trenches. I can't see Philadelphia dominating or overmatching the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball.

the wonger need food
08-24-2006, 12:13 PM
You can diss Eagles fans all you want but they at least know football? You do realize that Gaffney doesn't start for the Eagles, don't you? Texflex, it's this kind of post that Eagles fans make fun of, try to do better.:shades:

If Gaffney can't make the Eagles roster he'll have trouble sticking anywhere. That group is probably one of the weakest in the league.

Brandon420tx
08-24-2006, 12:14 PM
I think he was making a dig more at Gaffney then the Eagles.

HARRYJ
08-24-2006, 12:16 PM
They say his biggest problem was mental. He had a hard time learning the playbook.

eagle.randall
08-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Im an Eagles fan, coming to visit.

Whats up, brother?

I also wish you guys well on every game other than week one. Obviously from ny avatar, I live in Houston. I feel like a spy in enemy territory. Your boys will definately be much improved from last year, and the Denver style "zone blocking" scheme has always delt the Eagles fits. I dont think that your o-line will be able to hold our D. I dont think your secondary can stop McNabb from spreading the ball around. I will be in Section 544 with the Houston Eagles Nest. We will be tailgating in the Maroon Lot. An early good game to you guys, but I will go ahead and apologize early. See yall on here and over there.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Hookem Horns
08-24-2006, 12:25 PM
I will say this, one thing both Philly and Houston fans have in common is a mutual disgust/hatred of the Cowboys. I remember wearing my Moon jersey into the Vet during an Oiler game there. Some Eagles fan started giving me flak. I immediately lifted up my jersey showing them my "Dallas Svcks" shirt underneath and they loved it so much they started feeding me beer outside the stadium.

Most Eagles fans are cool if you know how to deal with them. However there are always those few that start all the trouble and get stupid violent. My sister got injured by some object that was thrown at her in the parking lot walking into the Vet. She is a Skins fan btw.

I have also seen some Cowboys fans getting pelted with stuff up there, actually that was pretty funny, I even helped out but that is besides the point.

eagle.randall
08-24-2006, 12:27 PM
I will say this, one thing both Philly and Houston fans have in common is a mutual disgust/hatred of the Cowboys.

I agree 110%

JDizzle
08-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Cool Avatar, randall.

HARRYJ
08-24-2006, 12:38 PM
I agree 110%

Something we can all agree on!:cowboy1:

real
08-24-2006, 12:41 PM
I like the cowboys...ha

threetoedpete
08-24-2006, 12:41 PM

What he siad. If we can hold the point of attack, i.e. stuff the run, then we have a chance. They come out chuncking it, we can run games with the d-line. P-buc may not be as phycical as we'd all like, but in the open feild, ball hawking, he could well be the difference maker.
Both teams desperate for a first game "W". Won't be for the faint of heart is all I know. Linch pin to both teams seasons. Gonna be a hoot. I'm glad we're still under thier radar.

Blu
08-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Eagle fans are cool in my book.
Unlike Cowboy and Raider fans.

Oh BTw....HarryJ is a closet Texan fan! <ducking rottentomatoes>

24-21 Texans
I'm going to beat that drum till it comes true Philly fans.

Eagle23
08-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Go Eagles!!

texflex513
08-24-2006, 12:57 PM

For your info harry j i said nothing about eagles fans where in my post did you read that???????? second of all gaffney is a former texan i commented on him and him ONLY! and who cares if he does or doesnt start did i mention anything about that either???????? NO and NO so get it straight who your refering to ok!

HARRYJ
08-24-2006, 01:13 PM
For your info harry j i said nothing about eagles fans where in my post did you read that???????? second of all gaffney is a former texan i commented on him and him ONLY! and who cares if he does or doesnt start did i mention anything about that either???????? NO and NO so get it straight who your refering to ok!

This whole thead is about Eagles fans! You brought up Gaffney who probably won't make the field! Did you get lost or something? It was a dumb post made dumber by your last reply.:ok:

eagle.randall
08-24-2006, 01:16 PM
This whole thead is about Eagles fans!:

Thats right!

It about us, the 3.5 point favorites(according to Vegas). Im sure that will grow by gameday.

texflex513
08-24-2006, 01:25 PM
This whole thead is about Eagles fans! You brought up Gaffney who probably won't make the field! Did you get lost or something? It was a dumb post made dumber by your last reply.:ok: Your post to had nothing to do with what i said... NOTHING...I think you are the one who got lost somewhere in this thread so you picked me out at random to express your frustrations about one the worst recieving cores in the NFL call it dumb or whatever you want i guess that just your way of dealing with itidonno:

HomeBred_Texan
08-24-2006, 01:30 PM
I tried to log in with a nic and it tells me I do not have permission to view this site. LOL:chicken:

Divebomb
08-24-2006, 01:37 PM
This is by far the coolest thread, Philly fans getting on here and giving their two cents. I think Philly, like the rest of the NFL have not really looked beneath the smoke to see the additions in this offseason. Look at the coaching staff changes, the addition to a new #2 #3 reciever. New backup QB. New leadership in the OL and a real OL coach. New D-Ends and D-Linemen. Hell even New linebackers. We have TE who can catch, and if you have not noticed by now we have some talented young RB. This is not the Texans from last year, this is a whole new ball club! Unerestimate the Texans if you wish.

Texans Horror
08-24-2006, 01:42 PM
It's going to be a good game. Of any game during the season, the Texans tend to play really well on the first game. And Houston knows that nobody in the NFL respects them. Everybody has chalked up a W next to the Texans game. So IMO, the fans feel the team is going to surprise Philly.

My question is for observors of the Eagles, how are they this year? Do you think they have gotten over that TO mess?

texflex513
08-24-2006, 01:46 PM
This is by far the coolest thread, Philly fans getting on here and giving their two cents. I think Philly, like the rest of the NFL have not really looked beneath the smoke to see the additions in this offseason. Look at the coaching staff changes, the addition to a new #2 #3 reciever. New backup QB. New leadership in the OL and a real OL coach. New D-Ends and D-Linemen. Hell even New linebackers. We have TE who can catch, and if you have not noticed by now we have some talented young RB. This is not the Texans from last year, this is a whole new ball club! Unerestimate the Texans if you wish.

SHHHH LOL dont tell them we got better!:spy: before they know it the game will be over and the score will be TEXANS 28 EAGLES 10.

PhillyFan
08-24-2006, 01:47 PM
It's going to be a good game. Of any game during the season, the Texans tend to play really well on the first game. And Houston knows that nobody in the NFL respects them. Everybody has chalked up a W next to the Texans game. So IMO, the fans feel the team is going to surprise Philly.

My question is for observors of the Eagles, how are they this year? Do you think they have gotten over that TO mess?

As much as you think everyone is chalking up a W on their schedule next to the Texans, the Eagles are getting the same thing.

What you have to remember though, is that the Eagles won 10+ games every year this decade up until last year. Then the injury bug took over, and took McNabb out pretty much before the season even started.

Then one by one, we lost 7 pro bowl players.

So no, you arent facing the 6-10 team from last year. You are facing more the 11-5 team from 2003.

I have gone through every change the Texans have made. Numerous times. I have kept up with them, ever since the schedule was released.

I still dont see any way possible the Texans can win, unless the Eagles physically give it to them.

In all honestly, If the Texans win 9 this year, they should be ecstatic. You cant expect a team to go from 2 wins one year, to 11 the next...regardless of how many changes you have made.

real
08-24-2006, 01:50 PM
As much as you think everyone is chalking up a W on their schedule next to the Texans, the Eagles are getting the same thing.

What you have to remember though, is that the Eagles won 10+ games every year this decade up until last year. Then the injury bug took over, and took McNabb out pretty much before the season even started.

So no, you arent facing the 6-10 team from last year. You are facing more the 11-5 team from 2003.

I have gone through every change the Texans have made. Numerous times. I have kept up with them, ever since the schedule was released.

I still dont see any way possible the Texans can win, unless the Eagles physically give it to them.

In all honestly, If the Texans win 9 this year, they should be ecstatic. You cant expect a team to go from 2 wins one year, to 11 the next...regardless of how many changes you have made.

Sandiego...Chargers....

TEXANS84
Thanks for the insightfullness PhillyFan, its greatly appreciated.

I talked to your WIP radio station up there one day when the whole Moulds deal went through. Bunch of nice guys, but at the end of the conversation we both realized an equal amount of hatred towards the Cowgirls.

I do not however think that game 1 is a walk in the park. Sure, the Eagles have been know to have bad opening day games, but its still the Eagles despite the 6-10 record last year. Its also the Eagles that no Houston team has ever beat, dating back to the Oilers. So yeah, you've got a little bit of a mental advantage.

santo

Don't give them more information than what ESPN is giving them....

Philly fans watching ESPN about the Texans...:tv:
Philly fans after watching the Texans blowing the game away..:tvhorror:

Roughnecks
08-24-2006, 01:52 PM

nice lol

infantrycak
08-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Then the injury bug took over, and took McNabb out pretty much before the season even started.

Hmmm, kind of--The Eagles had 5 losses in the 9 games McNabb started last year.

There is a reason they play the games instead of just projecting who should win. Seem to recall hearing similar things from Dolphin fans coming off a 9-7 season with a 14 game home opener win streak as opposed to the Eagles who have lost 4 of 5 of their opening games the last 5 years. Y'all should definitely be favored but no game is a lock.

eagle.randall
08-24-2006, 01:55 PM

I live in Houston, so I have a little more insight than someone in Philly. A bad O-Line, a new offense, and a better 2nd QB than a starter wont keep you in the game against our D!

texflex513
08-24-2006, 01:55 PM

:rofl: ...good one:redtowel:

PhillyFan
08-24-2006, 01:57 PM

Actually, the vast majority of Philly fans dont put any stock into what ESPN reports anyway. They seems to have a slight dislike for Philly fans, as do most media Sources :P

PhillyFan
08-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Hmmm, kind of--The Eagles had 5 losses in the 9 games McNabb started last year.

There is a reason they play the games instead of just projecting who should win. Seem to recall hearing similar things from Dolphin fans coming off a 9-7 season with a 14 game home opener win streak as opposed to the Eagles who have lost 4 of 5 of their opening games the last 5 years. Y'all should definitely be favored but no game is a lock.

McNabb had the sports hernia prior to training camp even starting. Every year, he works our in Arizona, to prepare for the upcoming season. He was injured during that time, and as the season went along, it got worse and worse.

texflex513
08-24-2006, 02:02 PM
I live in Houston, so I have a little more insight than someone in Philly. A bad O-Line, a new offense, and a better 2nd QB than a starter wont keep you in the game against our D!

And westbrook and mcnabb alone can not keep you in the game against our D.
I think mcnabb is gonna be seriously running for his life against us.

eagle.randall
08-24-2006, 02:10 PM
And westbrook and mcnabb alone can not keep you in the game against our D.
I think mcnabb is gonna be seriously running for his life against us.

What?

If he does run, it counts for yards and first downs. Unlike Carr running, which counts for sacks and lost yards.

texflex513
08-24-2006, 02:14 PM
What?

If he does run, it counts for yards and first downs. Unlike Carr running, which counts for sacks and lost yards.

I think you missed my point im not talking about what he did in the past i am saying against us in the UPCOMING game he will be running because of constant pressure not because he wants to. As for carr you are correct but that was then this is now.:) have a nice day:ok:

thunderkyss
08-24-2006, 02:14 PM
What he siad. If we can hold the point of attack, i.e. stuff the run, then we have a chance. They come out chuncking it, we can run games with the d-line. P-buc may not be as phycical as we'd all like, but in the open feild, ball hawking, he could well be the difference maker.
Both teams desperate for a first game "W". Won't be for the faint of heart is all I know. Linch pin to both teams seasons. Gonna be a hoot. I'm glad we're still under thier radar.

Philly has no run game.......

philly hasn't run the ball in the last 10 years.

Frills
08-24-2006, 02:16 PM
I can't wait till we play the Raider's course Raiderfan can't browse the net from prison

eagle.randall
08-24-2006, 02:18 PM
I think you missed my point im not talking about what he did in the past i am saying against us in the UPCOMING game he will be running because of constant pressure not because he wants to. As for carr you are correct but that was then this is now.:) have a nice day:ok:

Carr looks no better now than he did before. Rosenfels looks better than he does. The new offense will help, cuz it gets him out of harms way early, with the rollouts and all. He is still David Carr. If I were a Texans fan, I would support him too. At some point yall have to realize the truth, you will not make it with Carr as your starting QB.

texflex513
08-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Carr looks no better now than he did before. Rosenfels looks better than he does. The new offense will help, cuz it gets him out of harms way early, with the rollouts and all. He is still David Carr. If I were a Texans fan, I would support him too. At some point yall have to realize the truth, you will not make it with Carr as your starting QB.

yea well.... you must be refering to coach kubiak also who said carr would be our starter. Im gonna go with what he says on this one... but thanks for giving your OPINION though. At some point yall have to realize the truth, you guys are gonna have get mcnabb a guy who can catch the ball besides westbrook. He is doing too much on the field...just my OPINION though.

eagle.randall
08-24-2006, 02:30 PM
yea well.... you must be refering to coach kubiak also who said carr would be our starter. Im gonna go with what he says on this one... but thanks for giving your OPINION though. At some point yall have to realize the truth, you guys are gonna have get mcnabb a guy who can catch the ball besides westbrook. He is doing too much on the field...just my OPINION though.

Dude, we have been trying to tell the front office that all off season. I hope our young guys can step up, but we all know it takes recievers a couple years to get it together. I guess the FO is comfortable with what we have. It is supposed to be more about spreading the ball around, than about a #1 reciever. I guess we will see. 4 NFC Champ appearances and 1 Superbowl appearance in the last 5 years. Like you said, we have to trust them and go with it.

texflex513
08-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Dude, we have been trying to tell the front office that all off season. I hope our young guys can step up, but we all know it takes recievers a couple years to get it together. I guess the FO is comfortable with what we have. It is supposed to be more about spreading the ball around, than about a #1 reciever. I guess we will see. 4 NFC Champ appearances and 1 Superbowl appearance in the last 5 years. Like you said, we have to trust them and go with it.
I hear ya....BAD LUCK against the texans GOOD LUCK against the cowbroads.:redtowel:

real
08-24-2006, 02:42 PM
I think Hank Baskett is going to be alright...

jdog
08-24-2006, 02:43 PM
There's really only one championship, and the Eagles haven't had it since 1960. I think we're even.

eagle.randall
08-24-2006, 02:46 PM
There's really only one championship, and the Eagles haven't had it since 1960. I think we're even.

You sound like you got a little "Cowboy Fan" in ya.

Battle Red Flash
08-24-2006, 02:46 PM
I think Hank Baskett is going to be alright...

Ain't he that undrafted rookie? He looks very good. Everyone passed on that guy? I think Philly got a steal from the limited highlights I've seen.

jdog
08-24-2006, 02:48 PM
You sound like you got a little "Cowboy Fan" in ya.

Ouch.

Texans Horror
08-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Me in red:

[QUOTE=PhillyFan]As much as you think everyone is chalking up a W on their schedule next to the Texans, the Eagles are getting the same thing.

The Eagles had an off year, so I hear what you are saying. I doubt they are going through it as bad as the Texans are though. As somebody else just posted, you guys have a lot of NFC championships and a Superbowl appearance in the same time as our best 7-9 season...

I hope so, for the Eagles' sake. Stiff competition in your division.

Sorry about the question then. I'll go look through the posts.

Good. This takes pressure off of the Texans. If we lose, it's our first game back and we're a struggling franchise. If the Eagles lose, that's just pathetic...

Lots of teams have flip-flopped in the past ten years from losing to winning seasons. The biggest change has been coaching. The fans are all a little optimistic right now, but I think that comes with consecutive losing seasons/start of a new season. You gotta have something to look forward to. We'd all go nuts for .500 (JMO).
[/QUOTE

Divebomb
08-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Hey Philly Fan, here is a glimps into reality, you are not the 2003 Eagles, You were carried in 2004 by T.O. and we all know what happened in 2005 LOL. Here is why I think you guys are going to have another heart breaking season. Last pre-T.O. play off run you had these players and now you dont!!!!
22 Duce Staley, RB
84 Freddie Mitchell, WR
80 James Thrash, WR
89 Chad Lewis, TE
50 Alonzo Ephraim, C
63 Hank Fraley, C
74 Jeremy Bridges, OT
77 Artis Hicks, OT
72 Tra Thomas, OT
76 John Welbourn, OG
66 Bobbie Williams, OG

93 Marco Coleman, DE
62 Ron Johnson, DE
94 N.D. Kalu, DE
98 Brandon Whiting, DE
79 Jim Flanigan, DT
57 Keith Adams, LB
59 Justin Ena, LB
55 Tyreo Harrison, LB
58 Ike Reese, LB
54 Nate Wayne, LB
21 Bobby Taylor, CB
23 Troy Vincent, CB
33 Clinton Hart, S

Sorry you guys, geep on dreaming!

real
08-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Hey Philly Fan, here is a glimps into reality, you are not the 2003 Eagles, You were carried in 2004 by T.O. and we all know what happened in 2005 LOL. Here is why I think you guys are going to have another heart breaking season. Last pre-T.O. play off run you had these players and now you dont!!!!
22 Duce Staley, RB
84 Freddie Mitchell, WR
80 James Thrash, WR
89 Chad Lewis, TE
50 Alonzo Ephraim, C
63 Hank Fraley, C
74 Jeremy Bridges, OT
77 Artis Hicks, OT
72 Tra Thomas, OT
76 John Welbourn, OG
66 Bobbie Williams, OG

93 Marco Coleman, DE
62 Ron Johnson, DE
94 N.D. Kalu, DE
98 Brandon Whiting, DE
79 Jim Flanigan, DT
57 Keith Adams, LB
59 Justin Ena, LB
55 Tyreo Harrison, LB
58 Ike Reese, LB
54 Nate Wayne, LB
21 Bobby Taylor, CB
23 Troy Vincent, CB
33 Clinton Hart, S

Thats pretty m uch my line of thinking...I think philly is in a decline...

eagle.randall
08-24-2006, 03:08 PM
22 Duce Staley, RB
84 Freddie Mitchell, WR
80 James Thrash, WR
89 Chad Lewis, TE
50 Alonzo Ephraim, C
63 Hank Fraley, C
74 Jeremy Bridges, OT
77 Artis Hicks, OT
72 Tra Thomas, OT
76 John Welbourn, OG
66 Bobbie Williams, OG

93 Marco Coleman, DE
62 Ron Johnson, DE
94 N.D. Kalu, DE
98 Brandon Whiting, DE
79 Jim Flanigan, DT
57 Keith Adams, LB
59 Justin Ena, LB
55 Tyreo Harrison, LB
58 Ike Reese, LB
54 Nate Wayne, LB
21 Bobby Taylor, CB
23 Troy Vincent, CB
33 Clinton Hart, S

I miss 3 on your list from offense, dont miss 6 of them, and 2 of them are still on the team.

I miss 5 of them on defense and dont miss 8 of them.

That might not be unanimous wtih all Eagles fans, but it shold be close. By the way, in 2004, T.O. was injured through our entire playoff run. He didnt carry us through those games, did he?

Divebomb
08-24-2006, 03:15 PM
No but you take his what 14 reg season TD's away and you are not even in the playoffs. Look what happened last year without the guy. Sorry but its time for a reality check in Philly, no disrespect because like I have stated before that there are some great people on that team. As a whole the talent on your team looks worse than the Arizona team from 3 years ago.

PhillyFan
08-24-2006, 03:16 PM
22 Duce Staley, RB
84 Freddie Mitchell, WR
80 James Thrash, WR
89 Chad Lewis, TE
50 Alonzo Ephraim, C
63 Hank Fraley, C
74 Jeremy Bridges, OT
77 Artis Hicks, OT
72 Tra Thomas, OT
76 John Welbourn, OG
66 Bobbie Williams, OG

93 Marco Coleman, DE
62 Ron Johnson, DE
94 N.D. Kalu, DE
98 Brandon Whiting, DE
79 Jim Flanigan, DT
57 Keith Adams, LB
59 Justin Ena, LB
55 Tyreo Harrison, LB
58 Ike Reese, LB
54 Nate Wayne, LB
21 Bobby Taylor, CB
23 Troy Vincent, CB
33 Clinton Hart, S

Sorry, but 80% of the players you listed there are backups, special teamers, or just plain stank. The only ones we might have possibly missed are Taylor and Vincent, and their jobs have more than been taken over by Sheppard and Brown.

Not to mention that Tra Thomas is still an Eagle...he just changed his name to William for some awful reason :brickwall

PhillyFan
08-24-2006, 03:18 PM
Hey Philly Fan, here is a glimps into reality, you are not the 2003 Eagles, You were carried in 2004 by T.O. and we all know what happened in 2005 LOL.

And oh yes...in 2004, we were carried by TO...who had no part in the playoffs until the Super Bowl whatsoever. That TO, right?

And in 2005...a season in which we were missing almost half of our starters, we still had 3 times more wins than you.

Who is dreaming?

eagle.randall
No but you take his what 14 reg season TD's away and you are not even in the playoffs. Look what happened last year without the guy. Sorry but its time for a reality check in Philly, no disrespect because like I have stated before that there are some great people on that team. As a whole the talent on your team looks worse than the Arizona team from 3 years ago.

O My GOD!:ok: :shocked

eagle.randall
And oh yes...in 2004, we were carried by TO...who had no part in the playoffs until the Super Bowl whatsoever. That TO, right?

And in 2005...a season in which we were missing almost half of our starters, we still had 3 times more wins than you.

Who is dreaming?

I love it!

Hookem Horns
08-24-2006, 03:34 PM
http://www.msad54.k12.me.us/MSAD54Pages/SAMS/Maplesite/PracticePAGES/Jordan/new_york_giants_tough_1.jpg

http://www.section.at/img/smiley/popcorn.gif

12TH MAN DAN
08-24-2006, 03:45 PM
I love it!

:stirpot: WHERE YOU HIDING ?
U STARTING TROUBLE.

eagle.randall
08-24-2006, 03:46 PM
http://www.msad54.k12.me.us/MSAD54Pages/SAMS/Maplesite/PracticePAGES/Jordan/new_york_giants_tough_1.jpg

http://www.section.at/img/smiley/popcorn.gif

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

eagle.randall
08-24-2006, 03:49 PM
:stirpot: WHERE YOU HIDING ?
U STARTING TROUBLE.

ANOTHER EAGLES BROTHER!!!!!!!

HOU-TEX
08-24-2006, 03:54 PM
I miss 3 on your list from offense, dont miss 6 of them, and 2 of them are still on the team.

That might not be unanimous wtih all Eagles fans, but it shold be close. By the way, in 2004, T.O. was injured through our entire playoff run. He didnt carry us through those games, did he?

IIRC, Freddie Mitchell had alot to do with that playoff run didn't he? Is he still with you? Either way it'll be a good game. Good luck:shades:

cuppacoffee
08-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Im an Eagles fan, coming to visit. Not here to start trouble, just to have some friendly football chat.

Yada.....

I guess I will be back here after week 1, to discuss how things went. But in closing here...I just dont see any way possible that the Texans can match up with the Eagles, unless the Eagles come out and play totally flat.

Heres to a good season for you guys. Have a good one.

One question for you PhillyFan: Do you end all your messages on your opponents board with such a C****Y*** A** statement?..:hides:

Could cause a loss of credibility on your part. You believe what you type or you don't.

JMHO though.

:coffee:

real
08-24-2006, 04:08 PM
One question for you PhillyFan: Do you end all your messages on your opponents board with such a C****Y*** A** statement?..:hides:

Could cause a loss of credibility on your part. You believe what you type or you don't.

JMHO though.

:coffee:

You have to have something to lose it....j/k:chicken:

Kaiser Toro
08-24-2006, 04:08 PM
I respect Eagles fans and at the same time never look them in the eye on Sundays unless I am armed with Tastycakes, Yoo-hoos and a hooded sweatshirt. But as scary, confident, educated and blindly loyal they are towards their brethern do not fear the eaglets.

I expect our game to be a close one, but one we will win. For two reasons, the team quit due to their attitude towards one another and have no depth and they got drilled by the zone blocking scheme last year against the Falcons and the Broncos.

Divebomb
08-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Why Philly should come to grasp with the reality that they really did loose all of there talents from 2003 (Pre T.O.) playoff team!

Freddy Mitchell 35 rec 498 yrds 2 tds and 1 passing td
James Thrash 49 rec 558 yrds 1 td
Chad Lewis 23 rec 293 yrds 1 td
Duce Staley 93 rush 463 5td 36rec 382yds 2 td

4 of your top 5 recievers are listed right here!!!!

Troy Vincent Pro-Bowl 3 Int 5th on team with 57 tackles
ND Kalu 1 int 3rd on team with 5.5 sacks 9th on team with 46 tackles
Bobby Taylor 1 int 15th on team with 19 tackles
Corey Simon team leading 7.5 Sacks Now with Indy I forgot to mention him LOL oh and 12th on team with 44 tackles
Nate Wayne 4th on team with 3 sacks 2nd on team in tackles with 89
Carlos Emmons 4th on team in tackles with 84
Brandon Whitting 5th on team with 2 sacks 10th on team with 44 tackles
Clinton hart 1 sack 7th on team with 51 tackles
Ike Reese 1 sack 14th on team with 35 tackles
Marco Colman 0.5 sacks

Top Sack leader, top DB both listed here

And for the T.O. remark, he did carry that 2004 super bowl team, and here is a small list of the guys that you lost from that team. Enjoy

T.O. had 14 recieving TD in 2004, Chad Lewis had 3 rec TD's, Freddy Mitchell 2 rec TD, Dorsey Levens had 4 of your 10 rushing TD' that year.

K.D.
08-24-2006, 04:46 PM
I think this game is gonna be one of the best games on opening day. Everyone knows the eagles are going to blitz all day to try and rattle DC,but they are going to be in for a rude awakening. Kubiak is going to have a gameplan to make ya'll pay for that s##t. :superman:

Yo eagle fans, what do ya'll expect from our defense. The same defense that waits until they pick the thorns out of their rear-ends and then try to make a play on the ball. Andy Reid don't know what he is expected to see with this new breed of TEXANS defense this year.All I got to say is your offense better be ready to roll and DC is not the only one who is going to get rattled. Mcnabb better not get tired in this game cuz that eagle is going to be a flying duck.:hunter:

12TH MAN DAN
08-24-2006, 05:47 PM
I will say this, one thing both Philly and Houston fans have in common is a mutual disgust/hatred of the Cowboys. I remember wearing my Moon jersey into the Vet during an Oiler game there. Some Eagles fan started giving me flak. I immediately lifted up my jersey showing them my "Dallas Svcks" shirt underneath and they loved it so much they started feeding me beer outside the stadium.

Most Eagles fans are cool if you know how to deal with them. However there are always those few that start all the trouble and get stupid violent. My sister got injured by some object that was thrown at her in the parking lot walking into the Vet. She is a Skins fan btw.

I have also seen some Cowboys fans getting pelted with stuff up there, actually that was pretty funny, I even helped out but that is besides the point.
:highfive: AMEN BROTHER. COOL AVITAR.

12TH MAN DAN
08-24-2006, 05:53 PM
I like the cowboys...ha
:hunter:
COWGIRL CLOSET FREAK
:tomato:

BigDTexansFan
08-24-2006, 05:59 PM
You don't want to get into it with Eagle fan. I used to live up there and they never think they are going to lose in week one, especially against a perceived weaker team. They will never give you an unbiased thought on the game. However, if they lose to the Texans like mentioned above they will be slitting their wrists and thinking they're going 0-16. Those fans are actually a bit humorous because there is never any in between with them, either the Eagles totally svck or they are Super Bowl bound. They are currently in their Super Bowl bound mode.[/url]

Sound like Dallas Cowboys, all their fans worrying about TO and their O-Line and yet proclaiming they are Super Bowl bound...LMAO I told them Cowpatties won't get into Super Bowl with a ticket:redtowel:

Grid
08-24-2006, 06:02 PM
heh... man... im detecting some ignorance from the Eagle fans.. despite thier claims to know all about us.

1. You are bad against zone blocking, we zone block. And dont say that we dont have same rushing capability as the Broncos cause if ya look at the stats this preseason, we are performing as good as they are in that aspect..despite not having Domanick Davis.

2. Our offensive line is MUCH BETTER. MUCH. On top of that Carr is going to be rolling out alot more.. and say what you want about his athletic ability, hes a very mobile QB.

BTW, to the eagle fan that said when McNabb runs he gets first downs and when Carr runs he gets sacked. Id like to point out that in 2004 AND 2005, Carr was a better rushing QB than McNabb. Stick that in your cheesesteak and choke on it.

3. Our defense is MUCH improved.. and aggressive.. and im sorry but your WR corps really ARENT a huge threat.

To be honest.. looking at the two teams, im not sure where exactly Philly has an advantage.

Your Defensive line is really good, but ours is really improved and is possibly very good as well.. they have looked fairly good so far.

Your secondary doesnt look any better than ours.

Your offensive line is supposedly better (though you did give up 37 sacks last season), but ours is improved there as well (1 sack given up so far this preseason. Carr has had time in the pocket.)

We have you beat at WR and Running back.. you have us beat (possibly) at QB. And I say possibly because McNabb sucked last year and Carr is in a good position to improve here.

Really.. I think we could not only beat the Eagles, I think we could slaughter em.

And btw.. about the season predictions for folks on the board here. It is a fan's right to be optimistic about thier team :D. There is not some unwritten rule that says you have to predict your team will finish under .500 after a 2-14 season.

Personally, I think we will finish above .500. As for our first 4 games, you never know what could happen.. but that is the hardest part of our schedule, so if we can tough our way through them and come out 2-2 or 3-1.. we will be in a position to really surprise some people this season.

infantrycak
08-24-2006, 06:09 PM
To be honest.. looking at the two teams, im not sure where exactly Philly has an advantage.

Until proven otherwise Philly has a decided edge at QB. McNabb is elite and will get the best out of an OK WR corps.

Grid
08-24-2006, 06:31 PM
hmm...yah ok ill give them the edge at QB. I was mixing up McNabb in 2005 with Culpepper in 2005 (Culpepper was horrendous)

McNabb played alright in 2005 in the 9 games he was in.

So.. Eagles have the edge at QB and DLine.. we have the edge at WR and RB (shush, yes we do)... everwhere else is a wash.

I still say we slaughter em :D

Kaiser Toro
08-24-2006, 06:43 PM
And it will be the home opener for the Kubiak era. Outside of our inaugural game I can't think of a game that could could stir the limited echoes we have.

thunderkyss
08-24-2006, 07:45 PM

he gave you homefield advantage throughout...... what was it?? 14 touchdowns?? 15 touchdowns in the regular season?? when has Donovan ever had someone he could count on for more than 10 touchdowns in a season??

I LOVE ME SOME ME.................. OWWWW..........

flylikeaneagle
08-24-2006, 07:53 PM
22 Duce Staley, RB
84 Freddie Mitchell, WR
80 James Thrash, WR
89 Chad Lewis, TE
50 Alonzo Ephraim, C
63 Hank Fraley, C
74 Jeremy Bridges, OT
77 Artis Hicks, OT
72 Tra Thomas, OT
76 John Welbourn, OG
66 Bobbie Williams, OG

93 Marco Coleman, DE
62 Ron Johnson, DE
94 N.D. Kalu, DE
98 Brandon Whiting, DE
79 Jim Flanigan, DT
57 Keith Adams, LB
59 Justin Ena, LB
55 Tyreo Harrison, LB
58 Ike Reese, LB
54 Nate Wayne, LB
21 Bobby Taylor, CB
23 Troy Vincent, CB
33 Clinton Hart, S

Baskett, Brown, and Gaffney are better than both of those WRs listed above. Our C is much better this year. Our OTs are much better this year. Staley sucks so we are much better shape when it comes to running. Our OGs are better this year. Chad Lewis rocked but LJ Smith is doing great also.

Our defense is WAY BETTER that that D listed above. Even Johnson said this is the best Defensive line he has ever had. Our depth is better than it has been in the last ten years also.

Owens was great but he did not get us through the PLAYOFFS in 2004 to get to the Superbowl.

Divebomb
08-24-2006, 07:53 PM
My last remark on this thread, Eagle Fans should be excited about this season. It is the first season where they have no running game and no passing game to compete with, but the (Northern Media) are still pushing that team as being considered a playoff contender LOL! What a joke! I can't wait to see Houston pass the torch to these guys:survivor: . If those guys win 3 games they will have accomplished more than they should. They must have called in Don Capers as a consultant for player personnel

flylikeaneagle
08-24-2006, 08:06 PM
My last remark on this thread, Eagle Fans should be excited about this season. It is the first season where they have no running game and no passing game to compete with, but the (Northern Media) are still pushing that team as being considered a playoff contender LOL! What a joke! I can't wait to see Houston pass the torch to these guys:survivor: . If those guys win 3 games they will have accomplished more than they should. They must have called in Don Capers as a consultant for player personnel

Put the smoke pipe down. lol No running game? Yeah... keep believing the media. No passing game? McNabb is on the road for being the most winningest QB in a decade for a reason. Plus, look at his interception percentage... 2nd lowest in NFL history and he did most of that time with 'crappy' WRs. We are in great shape and I am not worried about our offense at all. We will just have to wait and see.

HARRYJ
08-24-2006, 09:35 PM
Put the smoke pipe down. lol No running game? Yeah... keep believing the media. No passing game? McNabb is on the road for being the most winningest QB in a decade for a reason. Plus, look at his interception percentage... 2nd lowest in NFL history and he did most of that time with 'crappy' WRs. We are in great shape and I am not worried about our offense at all. We will just have to wait and see.

And just what do you mean by: "Legalize it, Don't Criticize it"?:redtowel:

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-24-2006, 09:41 PM
Texans OL

We know about our OL problems. But let me ask you this. Do you think that our OL has not improved?

Roughnecks
08-24-2006, 09:53 PM

Hey I think McNabb is a great player and one of the good players outside of football you never here him getting in trouble with the law hitting women or carrying a gun or 20 pounds of w***. As for saying that the Texans do not stand a chance you are crazy I think it will be close and desided by a fieldgoal and if that is the case the edge will go to the Eagles because we know what happens with Kris Brown. On the other hand we do have a block fieldgoal this preseason something to think about we are better but if you wont to go off last year go ahead because you will be shock how diffrent this team is and you will be playing at the new HOUSE OF PAIN.

thunderkyss
08-24-2006, 10:10 PM

edumacate us then....... tell me about your great running game........ gimme stats, gimme names....... whatever.

Passing game...... no doubt you have a passing game...... a testament to Donavan...... being that you ain't got no recievers..... tightends...... or playmakers other than McNabb & Westbrook.......

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 07:04 AM

Wrong person. That was the other guy.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 07:06 AM
Hey I think McNabb is a great player and one of the good players outside of football you never here him getting in trouble with the law hitting women or carrying a gun or 20 pounds of w***. As for saying that the Texans do not stand a chance you are crazy I think it will be close and desided by a fieldgoal and if that is the case the edge will go to the Eagles because we know what happens with Kris Brown. On the other hand we do have a block fieldgoal this preseason something to think about we are better but if you wont to go off last year go ahead because you will be shock how diffrent this team is and you will be playing at the new HOUSE OF PAIN.

I never said the Texans do not have a chance. Any given Sunday. Anything can happen.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 07:09 AM
edumacate us then....... tell me about your great running game........ gimme stats, gimme names....... whatever.

Passing game...... no doubt you have a passing game...... a testament to Donavan...... being that you ain't got no recievers..... tightends...... or playmakers other than McNabb & Westbrook.......

We never did have big playmaker WRs until 2004 and that was the only year this decade that we did. How do you think McNabb got so many passing yards? He did not pass the ball to himself. LMAO!

As for the running game, there are no stats except preseason stats and that does not count. The game against the Browns -- 80% run offense. Yes, it was the browns... I know. LOL! Westy, Buckhalter, and Johnson will be fine in the run game. We will see how they do against the Steelers tonight in the first half.

eagle.randall
08-25-2006, 07:31 AM

Its the lyrics from a Peter tosh song. Whatcha think it meant? LOL!

Kaiser Toro
08-25-2006, 07:48 AM
Did we get the South Jersey Eaglet fans? Give us some football knowledge, if you are going to spew Camden drivel take it over to the Eagles board.

Topic for discussion to get you kick started - Buckhalter vs Westbrook - how will they be used? Who are the guys that will step up for you guys this year that are off the radar?

HOU-TEX
08-25-2006, 08:40 AM
Did we get the South Jersey Eaglet fans? Give us some football knowledge, if you are going to spew Camden drivel take it over to the Eagles board.

Topic for discussion to get you kick started - Buckhalter vs Westbrook - how will they be used? Who are the guys that will step up for you guys this year that are off the radar?

That fella Frank or Hank Baskett (WR) has looked pretty darn good so far. I suppose the Eagles boys know more about him. The game and a half that I saw, thier first team O and D looked impressive.:crying:

eagle.randall
08-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Baskett does look good. Westbrook and Buck will be used differently. The RB situation depends on what happens tonight. We have a very good O-Line and can still have a decent running game. Our recievers are young and unproven, but they have looked good so far. Our offense has leaned more towards the run game in the preseason, and it hasn't looked bad. We have two good tight ends, but have only been thrown a couple passes so far. This is probably the last week to see the starters, until week 1. I will definately be watching your boys this weekend.

12TH MAN DAN
08-25-2006, 09:10 AM
Hey Randall They Didnt Like My Avitar. They Changed It To Texans. ILL HAVE TO GOWITH STANDARD EAGLES. MY OTHER OPTIONS WON'T DOWN LOAD

HOU-TEX
08-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Baskett does look good. Westbrook and Buck will be used differently. The RB situation depends on what happens tonight. We have a very good O-Line and can still have a decent running game. Our recievers are young and unproven, but they have looked good so far. Our offense has leaned more towards the run game in the preseason, and it hasn't looked bad. We have two good tight ends, but have only been thrown a couple passes so far. This is probably the last week to see the starters, until week 1. I will definately be watching your boys this weekend.

RB situation?? Is Westbrooks job in jeopardy?

I hear ya. I'll be scoping ya'lls game as well. Good luck against the Steelers D. I don't think Joey Porters playing yet. If not, there's a boost for ya'll. That guys a B.A.

Kaiser Toro
08-25-2006, 09:14 AM

Is Andrews about to take the next step to the elite level in your opinion? How are your special teams this year?

eagle.randall
08-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Without injury, Westbrook's job in not in danger at all. Its the #2 and #3 RB that we are unsure about. I think this will be S. Andrews comeout year. Our O-Line looks really good, and that will help him get better.

eagle.randall
08-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Hey Randall They Didnt Like My Avitar. They Changed It To Texans. ILL HAVE TO GOWITH STANDARD EAGLES. MY OTHER OPTIONS WON'T DOWN LOAD

We are censored over here.

NJ Texan
08-25-2006, 09:38 AM
I live in South New Jersey and I dispise the majority of Eagles fans. From personal experience, it is close to impossible to have a football conversation without getting harrassed because I'm not an "Eagles Fan". Eagles fans are the only fans I know of who boo their own team and cheer when an opposing team player gets injured... (Michael Irvin).

Around here, if you have any other team's flags or stickers on your car on gameday, then you can expect to find some kind damage done when you are not looking.

Sorry for the rant, but the majority (not all) of these "fans" get to me and I felt this was the best way to let it out.

real
08-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Eagles fans are the only fans I know of who boo their own team and cheer when an opposing team player gets injured... (Michael Irvin).

That was classless...

NJ Texan
08-25-2006, 09:50 AM
That was classless...

That really bothered me. Its fine with me that you dislike or hate the Cowboys; but when a player suffers a carrer ending injury and you cheer; that's where I take offense.

PhillyFan
08-25-2006, 10:38 AM

Thats a darn good topic of discussion. Take a peek at the Eagles boards, and you will see about 1000 topics on that :p

Our running game is in for trouble if we dont pick up at least someone who can stay healthy for more than 12 games.

Westbrook is very dangerous. Im not sure Texans fans are aware of exactly how so.

However, he is also extremely fragile. He has yet to complete a season without a serious injury.

RB, OLB, DL, and WR were the spots the Eagles needed addressing in the offseason.

DL is taken care of for sure. That is now our deepest, and strongest position. WR...well...you know the story on that one :p RB and OLB were kind of, sort of addressed...but not in a manner in which I feel secure.

PhillyFan
08-25-2006, 10:42 AM
That really bothered me. Its fine with me that you dislike or hate the Cowboys; but when a player suffers a carrer ending injury and you cheer; that's where I take offense.

It was a select portion. Yes, every Philly fan hated Irvin. He was a cheap, nasty player, who cheated just about every game.

I for one, did not cheer when he went down. That is classless, as mentioned.

I did not boo santa clause either. That was in 1968 for crying out loud. I wish people would stop bringing that one up.

edit: Its the same as the Jerkoff fans that booed McNabb when he was drafted. Every time they show the 99 draft, and Shoulderpad Shawn booing, I want to smack the crap out of him. But that was only a portion of the fanbase. There were a lot of us that were happy that we went QB, as opposed to Ricky Williams. And look how that decision worked out :p

Kaiser Toro
08-25-2006, 10:56 AM
I did not boo santa clause either. That was in 1968 for crying out loud. I wish people would stop bringing that one up.

Those were crazy and mixed up times. People even booed themselves in the mirror. :)

12TH MAN DAN
08-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Eagles fans are the only fans I know of who boo their own team and cheer when an opposing team player gets injured... (Michael Irvin).

YOU FORGET WE'VE SNOWBALLED SANTA TOO.
DEAR LORD PLEASE LET IT SNOW.

12TH MAN DAN
08-25-2006, 11:21 AM

WHETHER YOU BOOED OR NOT, BE A TRUE EAGLES FAN AND BE PROUD OF THE HISTORY. IF IT COMES UP; ******* IT UP. NO MATTER HOW GOOD OR BAD THE HISTORY.

Divebomb
08-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Eagles hate the Boys, shoot the Eagles hate everyone! Eagles fans hate Irvin Because he has 750 rec 11904 yrds 65 TD 3 Super Bowl Rings and 1 NFL record, and a large part of those stats came in victories over the Eagles :cowboy1:

Blake
08-25-2006, 11:40 AM
It is very dificult to go to the eagles board and talk. The eagles fans "in general" think that they are gods gift to the NFL, and that they deserve to be great every year. They wont talk football with you, only trade insults. I found myself doing the same thing over there. messed up...

Divebomb
08-25-2006, 11:51 AM
The Eagles suck and the fans up there know it. McNabb does not throw like Manning, and there recievers are most of the NFL's garbage that was cut, hey look at Gaffney! Loosing Edge will not be as bad as loosing TO for Philly. Look what happend to the last year without the guy. The stunk it up, this year is even worse because the talent level is nothing. We are loaded on Offense in comparison to Philly.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 11:58 AM
I live in South New Jersey and I dispise the majority of Eagles fans. From personal experience, it is close to impossible to have a football conversation without getting harrassed because I'm not an "Eagles Fan". Eagles fans are the only fans I know of who boo their own team and cheer when an opposing team player gets injured... (Michael Irvin).

Around here, if you have any other team's flags or stickers on your car on gameday, then you can expect to find some kind damage done when you are not looking.

Sorry for the rant, but the majority (not all) of these "fans" get to me and I felt this was the best way to let it out.

Obviosuly you never been to many NFL games. I used to go to a lot of Steelers and Panthers games -- they do the same... they cheer when an opposing team's player, whom they hate, goes down. Nobody knew it was that serious of an injury... if they did, the majority of fans would have not cheered. I know it, you know it.

I live in Houston and already had my Eagles flag broken off of my car -- twice. I just got another one this week. They bent the antenna also. It happens. I am a Penn State fan and attended the Penn State - Ohio State game several years back. I drove my truck there and it was all decked out in PSU stuff..... when I got back to my truck, my car stereo stuff as well as all of my Penn State stuff was scattered all over the ground. It happens EVERYWHERE.

You just have to learn to expect those type of things because people get crazy for sports.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 12:01 PM

Again... not a soul in that stadium knew it was like that. So stop believing what you hear the media talking heads are saying and think for yourself. Which player does the Texans hate the most out there? Put that player into your mind and think of Mario putting a nasty tackle on him and laying him out. I BET YOU that almost everyone in the stadium would be cheering.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 12:02 PM

That was a nasty looking Santa Clause too. I would have booed that drunk bum.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Eagles hate the Boys, shoot the Eagles hate everyone! Eagles fans hate Irvin Because he has 750 rec 11904 yrds 65 TD 3 Super Bowl Rings and 1 NFL record, and a large part of those stats came in victories over the Eagles :cowboy1:

Nothing to do with that.

Hulk75
08-25-2006, 12:04 PM
Philli fans, really, do you really think that your going to leave here with a win............REALLY?

You guys are suspect at best this year. :cool:

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 12:04 PM
The Eagles suck and the fans up there know it. McNabb does not throw like Manning, and there recievers are most of the NFL's garbage that was cut, hey look at Gaffney! Loosing Edge will not be as bad as loosing TO for Philly. Look what happend to the last year without the guy. The stunk it up, this year is even worse because the talent level is nothing. We are loaded on Offense in comparison to Philly.

Oh, is that what you think? Hmmmm, were we not losing when we had Owens on the field in 2005? Yes. We were. Even if we had Owens on the field all of 2005.... we would not have had more than 7 wins. Too many injuries.

HOU-TEX
08-25-2006, 12:05 PM
Obviosuly you never been to many NFL games. I used to go to a lot of Steelers and Panthers games -- they do the same... they cheer when an opposing team's player, whom they hate, goes down. Nobody knew it was that serious of an injury... if they did, the majority of fans would have not cheered. I know it, you know it.

I live in Houston and already had my Eagles flag broken off of my car -- twice. I just got another one this week. They bent the antenna also. It happens. I am a Penn State fan and attended the Penn State - Ohio State game several years back. I drove my truck there and it was all decked out in PSU stuff..... when I got back to my truck, my car stereo stuff as well as all of my Penn State stuff was scattered all over the ground. It happens EVERYWHERE.

You just have to learn to expect those type of things because people get crazy for sports.

Well, I suppose if I were to drive into any city flaunting my home team, the same would happened. If you ask for it, most of the time you'll get it.

P.S. I don't think I've ever heard any Houston fans of any sport applauding other teams injuries.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 12:05 PM
Philli fans, really, do you really think that your going to leave here with a win............REALLY?

You guys are suspect at best this year. :cool:

Yes, I think we will win by 10.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Well, I suppose if I were to drive into any city flaunting my home team, the same would happened. If you ask for it, most of the time you'll get it.

P.S. I don't think I've ever heard any Houston fans of any sport applauding other teams injuries.

They applaud Clemens when he drills a batter. LOL! He is the dirtiest pitcher to ever play the game but they cheer him on. I went to a few Texans games and seen players get drilled and the fans cheered. Gimme a break!

Hulk75
08-25-2006, 12:07 PM
10? Will not happen. You guys are allready scared if your predicting a win by only 10.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 12:09 PM
10? Will not happen. You guys are allready scared if your predicting a win by only 10.

No, being reasonable and entering Houston's home field advantage into the equation. If it was not the ND-Penn State weekend, I would say by 20. LOL!

Divebomb
08-25-2006, 12:11 PM

Win by 10, how??? Will McNabb be playing Reciever and QB? You know your team is suspect when your top WR is your RB adn your top RB is your QB LOL. You guys are poop, but hey after you guys loose 15 this year you can draft Adrain Petterson and finnaly have a running game.

Divebomb
08-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Penn State, did this guy just say Penn State. Oh my, this is classic! WHAT A :homer:

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Win by 10, how??? Will McNabb be playing Reciever and QB? You know your team is suspect when your top WR is your RB adn your top RB is your QB LOL. You guys are poop, but hey after you guys loose 15 this year you can draft Adrain Petterson and finnaly have a running game.

McNabb, RB? LMAO! He does not run that much anymore but looks like he will this year. I am not worried about the running game at all. I think Buckhalter (he needs to get back into playing shape though and he will) and Westbrook will be just fine if they stay healthy. I also think Moats, Perry, and Tapeh will have a nice offensive line to run behind. Reggie Brown will show why he should be a #1 WR... his playmaking abilities remind me of Chad Johnson in the early years. lol Pinkston is back and will be playing tonight. He can spread the field out nicely. I think Baskett will be a playmaker and Gaffney is FINALLY learning the system. They just need to get used to McNabb's bullet passes. That is where we can get in trouble but that is why McNabb has the 2nd Lowest INT percentage in NFL history too.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Penn State, did this guy just say Penn State. Oh my, this is classic! WHAT A :homer:

Yyes, Penn State. You know... a real college. The team with only one loss last year. LOL! September 9th is the big Notre Dame - Penn State game. If it was not for that game, we would have about half of Reliant Stadium MIDNIGHT GREEN. LOL! Just like Dallas in 2004 at the MNF game. That was fun.

eagle.randall
08-25-2006, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=Divebomb]Win by 10, how??? but hey after you guys loose 15 this year QUOTE]

you are talking out of your A**! Lose 15? Are you kidding me?

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=Divebomb]Win by 10, how??? but hey after you guys loose 15 this year QUOTE]

you are talking out of your A**! Lose 15? Are you kidding me?

This guy is the reason NFL Analysts and such call Houston fans the worst in sports. :twocents:

Texas Sucks
08-25-2006, 12:25 PM
I can't believe Texan fans actually think they have a shot at winning this game. I'll spell it out for you and number the reason why you won't win.

1. The Eagles defense has a huge chip on its shoulder because of last season. They are making this a statement game that they are back, and believe me THEY ARE BACK!! The starters allowed 3 points in 3 preseason games and the defensive line is one of the very best.

2. The Texan's o-line is a turnstile factory (see reason #1) and will be destroyed by the Eagles d-line. Philly wont even have to blitz, getting rediculous pressure with their front 4 and covering your overrated receivers with their Pro Bowl Secondary.

3. Mcnabb has a chip on his shoulder, much like the defense, but much much worse. He's very angry over what happened last season with TO and is slimmer and looks like he did his rookie year (which means he's going to be a scrambling nightmare for defenses). Everyone got use to Mcnabb sitting in the pocket because they had TO....well wake up!! They HAD to throw to TO almost every play to make him happy....well no more. Now its back to spreading the ball around....the gameplan that got them to 3 straight NFC title games and scored more points than when they had TO (look it up)

4. The offense is much more explosive than you think. The starters scored on almost every possession so far in the preseason and they have a loaded backfield with Buckhalter returning (finally) from injury and he looked great against Baltimore last week with a 48 yard screen pass. No defense will be able to cover everyone on this offense, and the offensive line is absolutely MAMMOTH giving Mcnabb time to read a book before he throws. He has yet to be sacked in the preseason also.

Just a couple of reasons why the Texans will get ANNIHILATED in this game. I could actually sit here all day and break down the game for you, but don't kid yourselves guys. Last year's record was because of injuries and the TO fiasco, coupled with coming off a Super Bowl loss. Carolina lost the Super Bowl in 2003, then had an injury riddled year....and tell me what they did last season? Thats right....they werre right back to where they were in 2003.
At least youll get to look forward to another top 5 draft pick next year!!!!!!:yahoo: :yahoo:

PhillyFan
08-25-2006, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=eagle.randall]

This guy is the reason NFL Analysts and such call Houston fans the worst in sports. :twocents:

Not worth the time flylikeaneagle.

Homers will be homers. Every team has them...you will never make them see the light.

Just like I keep hearing that I know nothing about the Texans O line, Texans fans apparently know jack about the Eagles.

If they did, 95% of them wouldnt have a W chalked up on their schedule for week one. The other 5% are just pure homers :p

eagle.randall
08-25-2006, 12:28 PM
If it was not for that game, we would have about half of Reliant Stadium MIDNIGHT GREEN. LOL! Just like Dallas in 2004 at the MNF game. That was fun.

Yes it was. I dont remember much of the second half. Worst whoopin they had gotten in a while. I could only hope that many people will be in Houston.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Yes it was. I dont remember much of the second half. Worst whoopin they had gotten in a while. I could only hope that many people will be in Houston.

Not going to happen. We might have about 2,000 there and that is it. Most people booked their Ealges games for New Orleans and Tampa. They did not want to come to Houston because it is not a happening place to see a game.... but hell... neither was Dallas but it was because it was a MNF game. The big groups booked the ND-PSU game for Week 1 though and that hurt.

eagle.randall
08-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Not going to happen. We might have about 2,000 there and that is it. Most people booked their Ealges games for New Orleans and Tampa. They did not want to come to Houston because it is not a happening place to see a game.... but hell... neither was Dallas but it was because it was a MNF game. The big groups booked the ND-PSU game for Week 1 though and that hurt.

The Green Legion was thinking of coming here. We took Quimby out one night, but they picked N.O. instead.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 12:40 PM
The Green Legion was thinking of coming here. We took Quimby out one night, but they picked N.O. instead.

Because of the ND-PSU game.

PhillyFan
08-25-2006, 12:51 PM

Yah, sorry guys, but Texas really isnt a happening place for a road trip.

I try to make 2 a year, but this year, they will be NO, and Indy.

I usually make 1 close (Indy is about 12 hours from Philly I think) and 1 far (NO, obviously).
I wish I could make more, but getting the time off for a long trip is tough.

The one nice thing about seeing games in some other teams stadiums, is that the games are a ton cheaper. I can see the Eagles play the Saints for about half of what it would cost for a home game. Kind of helps with travel expenses

NJ Texan
08-25-2006, 01:02 PM
It is very dificult to go to the eagles board and talk. The eagles fans "in general" think that they are gods gift to the NFL, and that they deserve to be great every year. They wont talk football with you, only trade insults. I found myself doing the same thing over there. messed up...

Welcome to my daily life. There is no football talk around here, only trading insults with Eagles' fans.

It's almost like getting into a religious debate with a zealot. Yell and scream all you want, but you won't change their minds about anything.

NJ Texan
08-25-2006, 01:13 PM
I can't believe Texan fans actually think they have a shot at winning this game. I'll spell it out for you and number the reason why you won't win.

1. The Eagles defense has a huge chip on its shoulder because of last season. They are making this a statement game that they are back, and believe me THEY ARE BACK!! The starters allowed 3 points in 3 preseason games and the defensive line is one of the very best.

2. The Texan's o-line is a turnstile factory (see reason #1) and will be destroyed by the Eagles d-line. Philly wont even have to blitz, getting rediculous pressure with their front 4 and covering your overrated receivers with their Pro Bowl Secondary.

3. Mcnabb has a chip on his shoulder, much like the defense, but much much worse. He's very angry over what happened last season with TO and is slimmer and looks like he did his rookie year (which means he's going to be a scrambling nightmare for defenses). Everyone got use to Mcnabb sitting in the pocket because they had TO....well wake up!! They HAD to throw to TO almost every play to make him happy....well no more. Now its back to spreading the ball around....the gameplan that got them to 3 straight NFC title games and scored more points than when they had TO (look it up)

4. The offense is much more explosive than you think. The starters scored on almost every possession so far in the preseason and they have a loaded backfield with Buckhalter returning (finally) from injury and he looked great against Baltimore last week with a 48 yard screen pass. No defense will be able to cover everyone on this offense, and the offensive line is absolutely MAMMOTH giving Mcnabb time to read a book before he throws. He has yet to be sacked in the preseason also.

Just a couple of reasons why the Texans will get ANNIHILATED in this game. I could actually sit here all day and break down the game for you, but don't kid yourselves guys. Last year's record was because of injuries and the TO fiasco, coupled with coming off a Super Bowl loss. Carolina lost the Super Bowl in 2003, then had an injury riddled year....and tell me what they did last season? Thats right....they werre right back to where they were in 2003.
At least youll get to look forward to another top 5 draft pick next year!!!!!!:yahoo: :yahoo:

Try learning about the other team, then post.

Also, for as much BS that I hear Eagles' fans spewing every year, I love to see em cry when they loose in the end.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-25-2006, 01:17 PM
What is going on, here today there are just too many Eagles falling out of thier nest today, be very carefull there are many bulls running the streets of Houston I would hate to see one of those Eagles get stepped on.....:crutch:

bigtex77
08-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Welcome to my daily life. There is no football talk around here, only trading insults with Eagles' fans.

It's almost like getting into a religious debate with a zealot. Yell and scream all you want, but you won't change their minds about anything.

This doesn't really surprise me, considering how well respected Philly fans are around the league for all of the class they exhibit. :rolleyes: :sarcasm:

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 01:23 PM

That is where you are wrong. About half of the people over there are negative about the Eagles. Even when they were going to the Superbowl... they were being nagative. You get a good mix over there and that is another reason that site is ranked the best in sports.

NJ Texan
08-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Heh, you should see the looks I get when I wear my AJ jersey.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Try learning about the other team, then post.

Also, for as much BS that I hear Eagles' fans spewing every year, I love to see em cry when they loose in the end.

lose

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 01:26 PM

Oh please. Like anyone up there care about you wearing a AFC team's jersey -- especially the Texans. You are so full of crap.

HOU-TEX
08-25-2006, 01:27 PM

HaHa, I can just imagine.:rofl:

NJ Texan
08-25-2006, 01:30 PM
Oh please. Like anyone up there care about you wearing a AFC team's jersey -- especially the Texans. You are so full of crap.

I am not getting hatefull stares, I am getting stares like "Why is he wearing a Texans jersey and not an Eagles?"

jgl35
08-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Is Andrews about to take the next step to the elite level in your opinion? How are your special teams this year?
To answer your questions. Off the radar: Reggie Brown. They haven't gone to him much in pre season. Reid doesn't like to show much in public but now that camp in over, they will put in more things for him for the season. He picked up the WCO fast for a rookie. Better rec then most people think.

Trent Cole. DE.Came on late last season. Quick off the ball . Lets Howard stay rested without giving up sack threat.

Matt Schobel TE. Signed from Cinc. as a free agent this past year. Had a disaster of a early camp.Could not catch the ball. Very ill as ease with what he was supposed to do. Why have him included? He turned things around and is coming back fast. They will go with a lot of two TE'S. in red zone. I look for him to be overlooked and open.

Omar Gaither LB. 5th round pick out of Tenn this year. Will replace Trotter when the time comes All ready calling the def with second team. He plays like Trotter. Is the leading tackler on the team so for this pre season.

Brodrick Bunkley DT Going to put him in. Signed late and missed a lot and was not in football shape in the Clev. game. Still almost got a sack on his second play. Is strong and has very good hand movement. Will play with starters tonight against Pitt. Shoud see things about him in that game.

Shawn Andrews-- Yes to your question. He has allready taken the next step up. The Eagles gave him a big contract this year after playing only 16 full games and one quarter in which he was hurt his rookie year. Pro Bowl alt. last year, should go this year as a regular. My thinking only. He will be the top inside lineman in football in a few years.

S Teams. Too early to tell. Know more from final roster. Ackers is healthy and kicking as well as ever. Johnson, the punter, is also healthy. J.R. Reed is back on kickoffs, but how his leg is remains to be seen. He is lucky to walk, much less play football. Reno Mahe returns punts. Like a bad case of the flu, he keeps coming back.

Kaiser Toro
08-25-2006, 01:37 PM
To answer your questions. Off the radar: Reggie Brown. They haven't gone to him much in pre season. Reid doesn't like to show much in public but now that camp in over, they will put in more things for him for the season. He picked up the WCO fast for a rookie. Better rec then most people think.

Trent Cole. DE.Came on late last season. Quick off the ball . Lets Howard stay rested without giving up sack threat.

Matt Schobel TE. Signed from Cinc. as a free agent this past year. Had a disaster of a early camp.Could not catch the ball. Very ill as ease with what he was supposed to do. Why have him included? He turned things around and is coming back fast. They will go with a lot of two TE'S. in red zone. I look for him to be overlooked and open.

Omar Gaither LB. 5th round pick out of Tenn this year. Will replace Trotter when the time comes All ready calling the def with second team. He plays like Trotter. Is the leading tackler on the team so for this pre season.

Brodrick Bunkley DT Going to put him in. Signed late and missed a lot and was not in football shape in the Clev. game. Still almost got a sack on his second play. Is strong and has very good hand movement. Will play with starters tonight against Pitt. Shoud see things about him in that game.

Shawn Andrews-- Yes to your question. He has allready taken the next step up. The Eagles gave him a big contract this year after playing only 16 full games and one quarter in which he was hurt his rookie year. Pro Bowl alt. last year, should go this year as a regular. My thinking only. He will be the top inside lineman in football in a few years.

S Teams. Too early to tell. Know more from final roster. Ackers is healthy and kicking as well as ever. Johnson, the punter, is also healthy. J.R. Reed is back on kickoffs, but how his leg is remains to be seen. He is lucky to walk, much less play football. Reno Mahe returns punts. Like a bad case of the flu, he keeps coming back.

Appreciate the contribution JGL35, thanks for sharing.

NJ Texan
08-25-2006, 01:38 PM
Finally, football talk.

eagle.randall
08-25-2006, 01:49 PM

the same one I get in my Kearse jersey

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 01:49 PM
I am not getting hatefull stares, I am getting stares like "Why is he wearing a Texans jersey and not an Eagles?"

No duh people will stare at you like that. That is what happens when you live in a sports town wearing another team's jersey. LOL! The same happens in Houston when I wear my Eagles stuff.

You have to remember that Philly is a HUGE sports town and very passionate about their teams.

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 01:50 PM

Now we are talking. Good read.

gwallaia
08-25-2006, 01:52 PM

If Bud Adams happened to be standing on the sidelines during a game and Mario Williams barrelled into him at full speed and cracked his skull open and knocked his hair off,...there would be some cheering in Reliant Stadium.

eagle.randall
08-25-2006, 01:54 PM
If Bud Adams happened to be standing on the sidelines during a game and Mario Williams barrelled into him at full speed and cracked his skull open and knocked his hair off,...there would be some cheering in Reliant Stadium.

I would cheer that. My parents had Oilers season tickets.

HOU-TEX
08-25-2006, 01:58 PM

lol: I guess you got me there. I'd have to get the keg refilled for that one.lol:

flylikeaneagle
08-25-2006, 02:25 PM
I would cheer that. My parents had Oilers season tickets.

Hell, out town in PA were Oilers fans because of Bo Orlando. Now it is mostly Steelers and Eagles fans.

SBTexans08
08-25-2006, 02:34 PM

Kind of reminds me of Houston Fans. No joke.

Hookem Horns
08-25-2006, 03:47 PM

Yes, this is the "Super Bowl Mode" I was referring to. Then, if they by some chance they lose this game it is all doom and gloom. :crying: "Eagles are going 0-16, fire Reid, bench McNabb, blah ... blah ... I can't believe we lost to the stinkin' Texans!".

I lived up there for years and was always entertained by this. I remember in the old NFC East, the Eagles always found a way to blow one to the Cardinals. I used to crack up hearing all crying going from the fans on 610 WIP.

Speaking of wearing other jerseys (AFC that is) up there, I NEVER caught flak for wearing my Oilers jersey in Delaware or PA. Most would just ask me "Are you from Texas?". I would say yes, and Dallas sucks and all was good. Actually wearing my Oilers jersey was not much fun. I enjoyed more wearing my New York Rangers jersey to the Spectrum but I love controversy. :)

michaelm
08-25-2006, 05:15 PM
I won't make a prediction on the game right now, but I do have one thing to say to all of you Eagle fans.

I have read numerous posts that mention Buckhalter, and how's he is finally healthy.
If you guys are depending on Corell Buckhalter for anything more than OJT for your trainer's interns it will be a looong season for your team.
Mr. Glass Buckhalter makes Fred Taylor look freakin' unbreakable.

Yes, I know you can win without him, but if I were a Philly fan, I would never mention this cat in a serious conversation about how successful my team will be this year.

michaelm
08-25-2006, 05:29 PM

Nice way to assume another identity to make one post and talk trash, loser.
Mixing in some football talk doesn't camouflage the fact that you're just spewing b.s.
I, for one, appreciate your effort in confirming the stereotype that Eagle's fans have become.
I do somewhat feel for the other Eagle's fans that have to deal with the nasty reputation that loud mouths like you have generated.

run-david-run
08-25-2006, 05:40 PM
They applaud Clemens when he drills a batter. LOL! He is the dirtiest pitcher to ever play the game but they cheer him on. I went to a few Texans games and seen players get drilled and the fans cheered. Gimme a break!
What??? Look it up, how many has he hit this year? Hell, the last three years? By the way, throwing inside is not dirty, its pitching...you wanna see dirty and cheap, go watch Pedro pitch

Texanfan4ever
08-25-2006, 08:57 PM
The Philly fans here on our board are just proving how scared they are, and how little class they have. Wait until Kubiak and company blow their doors off in a couple weeks. They will never return.........:superman:

Brandon420tx
08-25-2006, 09:12 PM
actually, the philly fans came over on our board after we went on to theirs.

michaelm
08-25-2006, 09:29 PM
actually, the philly fans came over on our board after we went on to theirs.

chicken or the egg... I don't really care.

I guarantee you that no one from this MB created a log-on on their MB with the name Pennsylvania Sucks, dogged their team, said they would be getting a top five draft pick and that they had no chance to win the game. Or anything close to that.
I'm pretty sure the VAST majority of our members would be in there talking actual football, and wishing them a good game.

GOD BLESS TEXAS, and GOD BLESS HOUSTON.

Dawkins
08-25-2006, 09:30 PM
The Philly fans here on our board are just proving how scared they are, and how little class they have. Wait until Kubiak and company blow their doors off in a couple weeks. They will never return.........:superman:

Yeah, we're very scared. We're more amazed at the bluster Texans fans are showing. Your franchise has a recent culture of losing, ours has a recent culture of winning. We had a down year, everyone does, you've had a few. Can you blame us for believing we'll win this game? Honestly?

Do you seriously think your Texans are going to "blow the doors off" the Eagles with a new coaching staff, still a questionable Offensive Line, David Carr who has the tools but has yet to show much of anything? Against Donovan McNabb, Brian Westbrook, LJ Smith, Reggie Brown, Buckhalter (Who looked pretty good tonight against the Steelers) and our revamped defensive line that also looked very good against the defending SuperBowl Champion O-Line?

"But it's pre-season!" So? Great players in vanilla schemes are still great players.

I'm not saying it'll be a blowout either way, but like I said, we're just a bit taken aback by the insane amount of hype some Texans fans are giving their team when they've yet to prove... well... anything.

You say we have little class, but from the looks of this thread, a TEXANS fan went on the Eagles Board, purposely baited Eagles fans and then ran back here to post the negative responses he got and giggle like a schoolgirl. Such class.

blockhead83
08-25-2006, 09:39 PM
You're on an internet fan site forum for the Houston Texans right before the season starts, did you honestly expect to not see some homerism bias for the Texans? Do yourself a favor and debate this topic on a more neutral forum if you're bothered by Houston fans being optimistic in their own backyard.

michaelm
08-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Yeah, we're very scared. We're more amazed at the bluster Texans fans are showing. Your franchise has a recent culture of losing, ours has a recent culture of winning. We had a down year, everyone does, you've had a few. Can you blame us for believing we'll win this game? Honestly?

Do you seriously think your Texans are going to "blow the doors off" the Eagles with a new coaching staff, still a questionable Offensive Line, David Carr who has the tools but has yet to show much of anything? Against Donovan McNabb, Brian Westbrook, LJ Smith, Reggie Brown, Buckhalter (Who looked pretty good tonight against the Steelers) and our revamped defensive line that also looked very good against the defending SuperBowl Champion O-Line?

"But it's pre-season!" So? Great players in vanilla schemes are still great players.

I'm not saying it'll be a blowout either way, but like I said, we're just a bit taken aback by the insane amount of hype some Texans fans are giving their team when they've yet to prove... well... anything.

You say we have little class, but from the looks of this thread, a TEXANS fan went on the Eagles Board, purposely baited Eagles fans and then ran back here to post the negative responses he got and giggle like a schoolgirl. Such class.

For the most part our 'bluster' is excitement and optimism. If one of our people went to your boards and did what you say, well I am embarrassed for him/her, and stress that this is not representative of this MB.
I feel where you're coming from when you list your star players, but almost to a man, they were key participants in a pretty poor season last year.
My opinion is the same as yours, I'm sure, that last year was the anomaly.
Yeah, we've had a recent culture of losing, but I think I can speak for a good many of my brethren when I say we believe that last years team was more talented than their record (I'm sure you feel that way about your team too).
We have experienced an offseason like no other in our teams history.
We are witnessing change like no other time in our history, and seeing the results on the field (so far in limited action).

Can you blame us for thinking we can win this game? Honestly?

Vinny
08-25-2006, 10:15 PM
You're on an internet fan site forum for the Houston Texans right before the season starts, did you honestly expect to not see some homerism bias for the Texans? Do yourself a favor and debate this topic on a more neutral forum if you're bothered by Houston fans being optimistic in their own backyard.being extreeeeeme homers makes us look like Jag fans...a little homerism is fine, but after a certain point we look like backwoods goobers who have no clue....ya know, like Jag fans.:chicken:

HomeBred_Texan
08-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Thought some of you would get a kick out of this as I did. I went to there site and logged on, here are some of there responses. But none of them wanted to talk football, nothing but trash talk so some of there words are edited.

Why you frontin', Dawg? You wants ta step, Foo. I'm a buss out cho chicklets if you be steppin, Son.

Na, Foo! Lead is what be in my nine that I'm a cap yo arse wit if you keeps steppin, yo!

Yeeah!! Wassup now, Home Bred Foo?!!

I gots yo back, Willy. I'm abouts ta start sprayin' some lead, yo.

Now these are just samples, and not from the same person. Total idiots I tell ya. And then to top it off, here comes a Dallas Cowgirl fan in the argument and starts ditching Houston. What an idiot...

But I did get a great laugh that I thought I would share. Here is a response from an Eagle's fan when asked questions specifically to the Eagles.

(birdman1104 @ Aug 25 2006, 10:37 AM)
I graduated with a Bachelor in Science from The Pennsylvania State University in finance at which point I decided to go get my masters degree in finance from the University Of Pennsylvania... an Ivy League school, which I believe there are 0 of in Texas.

Then someone posted this picture of him..

http://soiland.no/gallery/d/3514-2/andrev_nerd.jpg

blockhead83
08-26-2006, 10:23 AM
being extreeeeeme homers makes us look like Jag fans...a little homerism is fine, but after a certain point we look like backwoods goobers who have no clue....ya know, like Jag fans.:chicken:

I agree with that, but eagles fans shouldn't be so upset that they see people on a Texans forum predicting the Texans to win like we're disrespecting their team. It's the height of pre-season optimism and they (texans fans) can hide behind the internet while making rash predictions..... it's to be expected atleast from some members of the forum community.

Let me add a caveat to that by actually adding my opinion on the topic. There are some fairly knowledgeable people predicting a W against the Eagles in week 1, I know John McClain has expressed that sentiment a few times so it's not that outlandish. Personally, I've been very impressed by what I've seen from the Eagles this pre-season. They played very well against the defending super bowl champions, Buckhalter looks rejuvenated, their secondary led my Dawkins looks very impressive, and their pass rush has looked damn good so far. We've beaten what's looking more and more like bottom half teams this pre-season (not horrible, but they aren't looking much like playoff contenders right now), but we've atleast shown that this is not the 2-14 teams of last year. We've had enough of a roster remodeling and more importantly a change in coaching staff which should tell the Eagles they can disregard most of the tape they have on us from last year. Our defense will get some pressure but I think the first few weeks we'll see opposing teams hit some big plays on us; our first team defense hasn't been very awe inspiring as of yet. Our offense is gonna depend on whether or not David Carr can flourish in this offensive system that has been proven to be effective. I think the Eagles stand a good chance to beat us after seeing them handle the Steelers. Our offensive line is greatly improved, but it isn't in the same ranks as that of the Steelers at this point, and the Steelers o-line had some problems with the Iggles front four. If we win week one, you have to credit the players, but more than likely I think you can attribute it more to Kubiak's outcoaching and outgameplanning of the Eagles staff.....which would be very impressive.

michaelm
08-26-2006, 11:01 AM
Azrael Abyss, Prince of Sor-row in street clothes... <<<<<< semi-vague SNL reference...

http://soiland.no/gallery/d/3514-2/andrev_nerd.jpg

Vinny
08-26-2006, 11:13 AM
I agree with that, but eagles fans shouldn't be so upset that they see people on a Texans forum predicting the Texans to win like we're disrespecting their team. It's the height of pre-season optimism and they (texans fans) can hide behind the internet while making rash predictions..... it's to be expected atleast from some members of the forum community.yeah but when we are sitting here saying that Gaffney has bad hands that reminds me of the jaguar board and their fans backing their players and team to the point of being untruthful.....Being a homer is ok as long as it is grounded in reality. Once we start making stuff up...what's the point?

flylikeaneagle
08-26-2006, 11:47 AM
You're on an internet fan site forum for the Houston Texans right before the season starts, did you honestly expect to not see some homerism bias for the Texans? Do yourself a favor and debate this topic on a more neutral forum if you're bothered by Houston fans being optimistic in their own backyard.

Nothing wrong with that. :)

flylikeaneagle
08-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Okay... you guys made some good points and we are crappier than I thought.

Gaffney does suck and did not do well at all last night. He will be cut and out WRs are terrible. God help us.

McNabb throws terrible and should not be in the NFL. Worst QB in the league. His backup QB Garcia should play in Canada. Akers looks like Charlie Brown kicking the football. Wish we had Brown.

Dawkins is washed up. He should have retired. Watching him last night was painful. The rest of the Secondary looked like the Three Stooges out there.

Our running back situation is in really bad shape. Buckhalter should be placed on the IR for this season. Westbrook was out last night and having him on the field with Buckhalter would have made the game even worst against the pre-ranked #1 rushing defense in the NFL.

Our defense looks really bad. Howard and Kearse could not stop a 100 year old person on the field if they tried. Their rushing defense could not stop the #1 rushing team in the nfl. They looked really bad.

Texans fans on here were right. Eagles will lucky to have one win. I did not know what I was talking about yesterday and I apologize for my ignorance.

:rolleyes:

Kaiser Toro
08-26-2006, 11:57 AM
Okay... you guys made some good points and we are crappier than I thought.

Gaffney does suck and did not do well at all last night. He will be cut and out WRs are terrible. God help us.

McNabb throws terrible and should not be in the NFL. Worst QB in the league. His backup QB Garcia should play in Canada. Akers looks like Charlie Brown kicking the football. Wish we had Brown.

Dawkins is washed up. He should have retired. Watching him last night was painful. The rest of the Secondary looked like the Three Stooges out there.

Our running back situation is in really bad shape. Buckhalter should be placed on the IR for this season. Westbrook was out last night and having him on the field with Buckhalter would have made the game even worst against the pre-ranked #1 rushing defense in the NFL.

Our defense looks really bad. Howard and Kearse could not stop a 100 year old person on the field if they tried. Their rushing defense could not stop the #1 rushing team in the nfl. They looked really bad.

Texans fans on here were right. Eagles will lucky to have one win. I did not know what I was talking about yesterday and I apologize for my ignorance.

And how does that jive with this thread that you posted on?

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=27011

blockhead83
08-26-2006, 11:58 AM
yeah but when we are sitting here saying that Gaffney has bad hands that reminds me of the jaguar board and their fans backing their players and team to the point of being untruthful.....Being a homer is ok as long as it is grounded in reality. Once we start making stuff up...what's the point?

I'm not advocating making things up, just saying it's naive to believe that you won't see homerism for a team on their own message boards.

flylikeaneagle
08-26-2006, 11:58 AM
And how does that jive with this thread that you posted on?

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=27011

That was not me. LOL!

I was being sarcastic

TEXANRED
08-26-2006, 11:59 AM
Jag fans.:chicken:

Jag..........................Fans................. ..........

I see the words and know what they mean but if you put them together they don't make since.
:shades:

Texanfan4ever
08-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Homebred Texan, was that picture of a girl or a guy? J/K Just couldn't resist!:rolleyes:

EF55
08-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Whats up, brother?

I also wish you guys well on every game other than week one. Obviously from ny avatar, I live in Houston. I feel like a spy in enemy territory. Your boys will definately be much improved from last year, and the Denver style "zone blocking" scheme has always delt the Eagles fits. I dont think that your o-line will be able to hold our D. I dont think your secondary can stop McNabb from spreading the ball around. I will be in Section 544 with the Houston Eagles Nest. We will be tailgating in the Maroon Lot. An early good game to you guys, but I will go ahead and apologize early. See yall on here and over there.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Comin out of the wood work, I'm also an Eagles fan living in houston, I'll actually be tail gating in the blue lot with some Texan fans that are neighbors, Maybe I'll gander over your way. I know how you feel, I like the texans, just not when they play birds. No animosity towards these Texan fans at all, I'll be in section 636, In fact I'm going to watch as many of thier games as I can this year, when they don't conflict with the eagles. I think there is fair number of ex philly people living in houston.

I want the Eagles to crush the Texans just because of that idiot McClain, although I can understand where Texan fans feel optimistic about their new team & why if you are aTexan fan you've got the philly game marked down as one you should be competive in, I mean the rest of thier 1st half schedule is brutal. Based on last years standings if you had to pick one of the 1st games as win you'd be leaning towards the eagles, they just don't know what we know about this team.

E-A-G-L-E-S....... EAGLES

thunderkyss
08-26-2006, 03:33 PM
yeah but when we are sitting here saying that Gaffney has bad hands that reminds me of the jaguar board and their fans backing their players and team to the point of being untruthful.....Being a homer is ok as long as it is grounded in reality. Once we start making stuff up...what's the point?

Yeah, I think it is better just to say Gaffney isn't good enough to be the #3 on our team...... but he's going to be the #1 on the Eagles team.

I think that pretty much says it all.

And it's kind of a high-road kinda way to approach the whole thing.

flylikeaneagle
08-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I think it is better just to say Gaffney isn't good enough to be the #3 on our team...... but he's going to be the #1 on the Eagles team.

I think that pretty much says it all.

And it's kind of a high-road kinda way to approach the whole thing.

Gaffney a #1 with the Eagles? Wow... you really do not know what is happening in the NFL do you? Gaffney will be a #3 WR. Reggie Brown is a #1.

HomeBred_Texan
08-26-2006, 07:40 PM
That was sarcasm without the sign. But being from Philly you wouldnt know that would ya? All you guys know is trash talk...

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m44/whumber/eaglesflag.gif

TexansJunkE
08-26-2006, 08:45 PM
Come on Filthadelphia fans. Get off your pedistals and come back down to our level. You guys are the 2nd team in your state as are we. The buzzards have seen their better days and are better of accepting the fact that your window of opportunity has come..................and gone. :stirpot:

flylikeaneagle
08-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Those Foreskins looked terrible. Wow.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
08-27-2006, 09:59 AM

Can't believe I have to do this. I agree (with a eagles fan)

eagle.randall
08-28-2006, 07:51 AM
Come on Filthadelphia fans. Get off your pedistals and come back down to our level. You guys are the 2nd team in your state as are we. The buzzards have seen their better days and are better of accepting the fact that your window of opportunity has come..................and gone. :stirpot:

We are not debating the Eagles vs. the Steelers, or the Texans vs. the Cowboys. We are debating the Eagles vs. the Texans. You guys are definately better than you were last year, but our starting D has only allowed 3 points the whole pre-season. Im not sure your O-line is ready for that kind of play. After the game last night, I would be suprised if any of you supported Carr over Big Sage. I realize that we have our problems, but you will never make it with Carr at QB. This will be his last year, watch. I want it to be a good game on the 10th. I do want some competition. The NFL Network announcer last night said it might be week 8 before you guys get your first win. I almost choked on my corned beef when he said that. I really do hope that it is not like that around here. After week one, i will support the Texans as my second team. The Eagels will always be #1.

eagle.randall
08-28-2006, 09:16 AM
E-a-g-l-e-s

Eagles!

12TH MAN DAN
08-28-2006, 09:42 AM

YEA SHELL WASNT TOO HAPPY

eagle.randall
08-28-2006, 11:09 AM
The MODS are getting on us on the other thread. They dont like us here. Are we the first fans to show on their boards? Shouldnt they expect this?

NJ Texan
08-28-2006, 11:30 AM
E-a-g-l-e-s

Eagles!

Wow. You can spell. Congrats.

(BTW, you Eagles fans stole that chant from the Jets)

eagle.randall
08-28-2006, 11:49 AM

HA HA HA HA, the humor is overwhelming

EaglesFanPhila

No we didn't. The jets chant is corny. Remember our fight song preceeds the Eagles chant. You can sing along if you like. Ready? Here we go.

Fly Eagles Fly
On the road to victory
Fight Eagles Fight
Score a Touchdown 1-2-3
Hit 'em low, hit 'em high
And watch our Eagles fly
Fly Eagles Fly
On the road to victory!!!!!!!!!!

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PhillyFan

Actually...considering the Eagles have been around since 1933, and the Jets were introduced in 1959 (as the New York Titans)...I think you have that a little backwards.

chuckm
08-28-2006, 11:52 AM
How's Gaffney looking? It's all I can do to keep up with the Texans .... He in any danger of not making the final 53?

Tailgate
08-28-2006, 11:54 AM
How many sacks have the Eagles given up this pre season thus far. Just curious.

PhillyFan
08-28-2006, 11:56 AM
How's Gaffney looking? It's all I can do to keep up with the Texans .... He in any danger of not making the final 53?

He might not make the roster.

Until last weeks game, noone really even knew he was at our camp...

He has been invisible, and shown absolutely nothing.

Probably my biggest disappointment of the offseason. :( I was hoping that he had the talent, but that Carr just wasnt taking advantage of it.

Apparently that isnt the case so far.

However...they do say that it takes a receiver a while to learn the Philly version of the WCO...so he might just still be learning. I guess time will tell.

eagle.randall
08-28-2006, 12:00 PM

He wont make it! You watch. I thought we got something good in Gaffney, but geez!

Tailgate
08-28-2006, 12:02 PM
He wont make it! You watch. I thought we got something good in Gaffney, but geez!

Most Texans fans could have told you to not get your hopes up on this guy. Then again, he played for Dom Capers... the most boring NFL team in history.

Eric Moulds replaces Gaffney.... I like it!

eagle.randall
08-28-2006, 12:03 PM
How many sacks have the Eagles given up this pre season thus far. Just curious.

A ton.

Tailgate
08-28-2006, 12:07 PM
A ton.

Second and third teamers or what??? Concern of the Eagles at the moment?

I already know the Eagles D will be tough on us... I guess a bit of good news is that we have only given up a sack a game thus far, and have attained 9 sacks ourselves in 3 games thus far.

Just trying to guage our improvements in the line and size up any weaknesses we can hopefully exploit ourselves.

PhillyFan
08-28-2006, 12:13 PM

I already know the Eagles D will be tough on us... I guess a bit of good news is that we have only given up a sack a game thus far, and have attained 9 sacks ourselves in 3 games thus far.

Just trying to guage our improvements in the line and size up any weaknesses we can hopefully exploit ourselves.

Most of the sacks have come on our statue backup quarterbacks.

Our third and fourth string O linemen are horrible. You would think with the defensive players they have been going against in practice, that they would be better....but Im am really unimpressed by them.

Our starters look very good...as do our immediate 3-4 backup players though. Our lines are definitely the strength of our team.

eagle.randall
08-28-2006, 12:17 PM

Definately and No. Im not sure who gave up the sacks, but but the back-ups have gotten so much play time so far. The backups have looked both shaky and very good.

Chance_C
08-28-2006, 12:48 PM

All he was saying is that if you say Gaffney has bad hands you don't know what you're talking about.

Oh, and being the number three on our team has been like being the invisible man.

infantrycak
08-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Definately and No. Im not sure who gave up the sacks, but but the back-ups have gotten so much play time so far. The backups have looked both shaky and very good.

Philly has given up 12 sacks so far (that is in 4 games rather than 3)--McNabb has been sacked (presumably behind the 1st team OL) 4 times--that would be over about 7 total quarters of play.

PhillyFan
08-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Philly has given up 12 sacks so far (that is in 4 games rather than 3)--McNabb has been sacked (presumably behind the 1st team OL) 4 times--that would be over about 7 total quarters of play.

Yep...2 of those 4 were because Winston Justice was playing LT, as William "Tra" Thomas was sitting out. He just got straight beat right off the snap both times.

I cant remember the third or fourth offhand. I just remember seeing Justice getting run right by, and not being very happy. Being as he was proclaimed "top 10 talent" I wasnt impressed in that game at all.

However, he has improved a lot in the last few weeks though.

Im glad he has Tra to learn from this year. Tra has been around, and knows the position very well. When he is healthy, and in shape, he is a very good LT.

PhillyFan
08-28-2006, 03:25 PM
FYI: The Eagles just acquired Donte Stallworth from the Saints for Backup linebacker Mark Simoneau and a conditional pick.

If he can learn anything in the next 2 weeks, it will make our game a whole lot more interesting :D

MisterGreen
08-28-2006, 03:27 PM
All you need to know is Philly fans booed Santa Claus.

You should hear what we did to the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

the wonger need food
08-28-2006, 03:29 PM
FYI: The Eagles just acquired Donte Stallworth from the Saints for Backup linebacker Mark Simoneau and a conditional pick.

If he can learn anything in the next 2 weeks, it will make our game a whole lot more interesting :D

Unless Donte Stallworthless can learn how to actually catch a football, he'll be spending most of his time on the bench with Jabar.

eagle.randall
08-28-2006, 03:47 PM
Unless Donte Stallworthless can learn how to actually catch a football, he'll be spending most of his time on the bench with Jabar.

Your right. Over the last 4 years, he played in 56 games while starting 33. He has 195 receptions and 2791 receiving yards. That is an average of 14.3 yards per reception. He also has 23 TDs. That isn't the best in the league, but it helps us drastically. He can also return punts.

eagle.randall
08-28-2006, 04:02 PM
DONTE' STALLWORTH'S STATS
Year Team G/GS Rec. Yards TD Avg. Long
2002 Saints 13/7 42 594 8 14.1 57
2003 Saints 11/3 25 485 3 19.4 76
2004 Saints 16/10 58 767 5 13.2 45
2005 Saints 16/13 70 945 7 13.5 43
Career 56/33 195 2,791 23 14.3 76

Think this will improve our passing game? Ranked 28th in receiving for the NFL. If you think we had nobody at WR before, does this change your mind.

HOU-TEX
08-28-2006, 04:08 PM
DONTE' STALLWORTH'S STATS
Year Team G/GS Rec. Yards TD Avg. Long
2002 Saints 13/7 42 594 8 14.1 57
2003 Saints 11/3 25 485 3 19.4 76
2004 Saints 16/10 58 767 5 13.2 45
2005 Saints 16/13 70 945 7 13.5 43
Career 56/33 195 2,791 23 14.3 76

Think this will improve our passing game? Ranked 28th in receiving for the NFL. If you think we had nobody at WR before, does this change your mind.

Compared to what ya'll had, I'd have to say it was a decent aquisition for you. I suppose Jabs didn't float ya'lls boat, huh? Too bad

Brandon420tx
08-28-2006, 04:14 PM

Wow, Stallworth is a great compliment to Mcnabb and Westbrook. Congratz your Front Office went out and got what you needed.

eagle.randall
08-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Wow, Stallworth is a great compliment to Mcnabb and Westbrook. Congratz your Front Office went out and got what you needed.

Thank you! Last year with Arron Brooks as his QB, his #'s are similar to T.O. in 2004 with McNabb. 7 less receptions, 255 less yards, 2.1 average yards per reception less, and 7 TD's instead of 14 fo T.O. I know its not the same and he is not the same kind of player, but he improves our WR corps tremedously.

PhillyFan
08-28-2006, 04:59 PM

He had 950 yards receiving last year, opposite of Joe Horn...

He is a hell of a pickup if you ask me.

Texans>Colts
08-28-2006, 05:02 PM
tremendous pick up by the eagles. He'll be a solid #2 WR for them. Huge upgrade for them. He can also help them on ST.

The Pencil Neck
08-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Thank you! Last year with Arron Brooks as his QB, his #'s are similar to T.O. in 2004 with McNabb. 7 less receptions, 255 less yards, 2.1 average yards per reception less, and 7 TD's instead of 14 fo T.O. I know its not the same and he is not the same kind of player, but he improves our WR corps tremedously.

Congratulations, man. Great pickup.

eagle.randall
08-29-2006, 11:33 AM
Congratulations, man. Great pickup.

:redtowel:

HeartofHouston
08-29-2006, 02:59 PM
that guy is a freaking speed demon.. i think he clocked a 4.1 or low 4.2 in the combine.. he works a little bit more on his hands and he could be a major problem for CBs

Texans>Colts
08-29-2006, 04:19 PM
if he is that fast he will be amazing on long routes. And, i'm pretty sure why the eagles have so many sacks this pre-season is because of backups. They really have a solid o-line. Fraley at Center, Thomas and Runyan at Tackle, and Andrews at guard. I don't know who the other guard is but that seems like a solid o-line right there.

jgl35
08-29-2006, 07:55 PM
if he is that fast he will be amazing on long routes. And, i'm pretty sure why the eagles have so many sacks this pre-season is because of backups. They really have a solid o-line. Fraley at Center, Thomas and Runyan at Tackle, and Andrews at guard. I don't know who the other guard is but that seems like a solid o-line right there.
Jamaal Jackson is now the starting center. Played some last year when Fraley was hurt and kept the job. Is bigger then Fraley at 330 to 300. Fraley is being worked as backup center and taking some snaps at left guard.

The left guard is Todd Herremans. Just in his second year. He is more of a tackle and played left tackle last year when Thomas got hurt. He in turn got hurt, but did a good job while in there. He is a little tall at 6-6 for guard,has some problems staying low in his run blocking, but is very good in pass protection. Probably moves to right tackle when Runyan retires.

Only line sack I saw in the Pitt. game was the second. Pitt. crossed blitzed two lbs. The first was picked up, but the second got past Andrews, who was hepling the center and failed to take him by not keeping his head up.
The first was on Buckholder who blew blitz pickup, the third on McNabb who held the ball too long and steped up into the blitzer.

Texans>Colts
08-29-2006, 07:57 PM
hmm. interesting. I thought Fraley was a very good center. How old is Jackson?

jgl35
08-29-2006, 08:33 PM
26. In his third year from Delaware state. Was an udfa and spent a year on the practice squad. Hank is on his last year of his contract. That was why the big interest in Bentley, Hank has problems with someone right over him, gets pushed back into McNabb. Jackson is bigger as is Bentley. Jackson is no Bentley, but he should be very good.

eagle.randall
08-30-2006, 07:36 AM
26. In his third year from Delaware state. Was an udfa and spent a year on the practice squad. Hank is on his last year of his contract. That was why the big interest in Bentley, Hank has problems with someone right over him, gets pushed back into McNabb. Jackson is bigger as is Bentley. Jackson is no Bentley, but he should be very good.

It sounds like Hank is gonna get traded at some time. That is the way it sounded on WIP and NFL Radio yesterday. Maybe a RB.