PDA

View Full Version : Could You Say That About Capers?

CloakNNNdagger
08-23-2006, 07:35 PM
The title of a Bronco MB Thread........" Hard to root against Kubes, Texans":

Being a long-time Bronco fan, it will be hard for me to root against the Texans this Sunday.

Kubiak was such a loyal Bronco, as a player and a coach, that I will root for the Texans all the way so long as they aren't playing the Broncos.

I actually think Kubiak can turn the Texans around, and he is one coach who has earned his shot at head-coaching. Kubiak was a very intelligent QB, probably as good a relief pitcher as we've ever seen in Denver. Had he come along at any other time besides the Elway era, he would likely have been as good as most starters in the league.

But Kubiak accepted his role, recognized the greatness of John Elway, and also recognized his opportunity to learn from Mike Shanahan. In the years leading up to his departure for Houston, many wondered why it was taking so long for him to get his first shot at a head-coaching postiion. But Kubiak didn't fret. He is probably the least likely to look like a rookie head-coach that this league has seen in decades.

Kubiak's knowledge of the game, his poise, and his ability to teach, especially to a QB with the raw talent of David Carr will likely pay dividends in Houston sooner than many think possible. To underestimate his aptitude and the chances for Houston to be competitive in every game is to overlook the achievements of the Broncos these last ten+ years.

Kubiak will be in an odd position Sunday night, pacing the sidelines opposite Mike Shanahan. It will be hard to root against him.

broncos (http://mb4.scout.com/fbroncosupdatefrm1.showMessage?topicID=2916.topic)

Texan Asylum
08-23-2006, 08:23 PM
The title of a Bronco MB Thread........" Hard to root against Kubes, Texans":

broncos (http://mb4.scout.com/fbroncosupdatefrm1.showMessage?topicID=2916.topic)
That's a classy post. He would seem to be a fan in the truest sense.

Corrosion
08-23-2006, 08:41 PM
That poster deserves some rep ....

alphajoker
08-23-2006, 08:51 PM
I think that poster is indicative of a lot of Broncos fans. For example, a good friend of mine whom I used to be stationed with is a die hard Broncos fan, but has recently claimed the Texans as his 2nd favorite team because of Kubiak.

HoustonFan
08-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Wow. I know it's only 2 game sinto pre-season, but I'm looking forward to this upcoming season and beyond.

Texans_Chick
08-23-2006, 09:06 PM
I am actually rooting for Dom Capers in Miami.

The coach of an expansion teams job is to take crap and try to make it into a team. Trying to establish work habits. And then the job of the expansion coach is to get fired, because most of the ones in the modern era do. (I was happy that Kubiak didn't get the first HC job for the Texans because the first is the expendable one. Timing is everything in life.)

By most accounts, Dom Capers is a good man and put in a ton of work for the Texans. The funny thing about the NFL is that you can work your *** off, and it is still easier to lose than win.

I think he can do a nice job in Miami as a DC, and I only wish we were able to see his version of the 3-4 played here. I wish him the best of luck except when they play the Texans.

I'm guessing you really weren't wanting an answer to your question but I couldn't help myself.

Texanfan4ever
08-23-2006, 10:43 PM
That is really cool of that Bronco's fan! Speaks tons about Kubiak, but then we already knew that. Think how different we feel this year then we did last year at this time, and we didn't even know how bad it was GOING to get.

Kubiak is "The Man"!