PDA

View Full Version : My analysis of the Texan's schedule

TheRealJoker
08-23-2006, 02:13 PM
Im looking to pull this up at the end of the season but here it is, ill give a more in depth analysis on certain games if anyone requests it:

TEXANS 2006 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = L

MIAMI DOLPHINS = L

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = L

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W

@ Tennessee Titans = W

@ New York Giants = L

@ Jacksonville Jaguars = L

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = W

@ Oakland Raiders = W

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

@ New England Patriots = L

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = L

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

8-8 is my prediction, but I think we have the potential to suprise a couple of the team's im predicting an L against and finish 10-6.

Scenario 1 for 10-6: We beat the Redskins or the Dolphins (both home games and there will be sold out crowds at these games so we'll will have home field advantage) to start out 2-2 heading into the bye week. Then we shock the Colts (who will have probably clinched the division as usual by now) and beat them on our turf in the 2nd to last game of the season!!! :bananasplit:

Eagle23
08-23-2006, 02:17 PM
why do you think you beat the eagles???

jerek
08-23-2006, 02:21 PM
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = L

MIAMI DOLPHINS = W

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = W

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W

@ Tennessee Titans = W

@ New York Giants = L

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = W

@ Oakland Raiders = W

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = W

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

That puts us at a 11-5, but realistically, because we are a somewhat young and inexperienced team, we will probably drop 2-3 of those. Depending on how quickly we gel and build momentum, it is also possible that we end up winning another 1-2 of the L's I have predicted.

8-8 is very possible, at this point.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-23-2006, 02:24 PM
This will be the year we Beat the Colt's at least one game...........:challenge

TheRealJoker
08-23-2006, 02:29 PM
I love your prediction Jerek, but im trying to be as objective as possible.

The Homer in me wants to go Ibar Harry on this schedule and predict 13-3 lol!!!

But, im sure you know as well as I do that we are probably going to lose some of the games we are predicting we'll win, but at the same time we will beat some teams people dont think we can beat :yahoo:

real
08-23-2006, 02:29 PM
The Cowboys defense IMO, is very, very good...Terry Glenn looked unstoppable( along with the rest of their offense) and T.O wasn't even playing...of course it was the Saints so take it FWIW...IMO, if we don't get pressure on a lot of these teams we are toast, because if our DB's were on trial for murder they'd get life for not COVERING their tracks...(corny I know)...And don't sleep on the Bills...They looked pretty good against the Bengals last week....

HOU-TEX
08-23-2006, 02:34 PM
I refuse to predict our schedule this year as I do not want to jinx us. Last year I had us going 8-8. Need I say more?? Even though this team appears to be improved somewhat drastically. I will refrain.:whip:

Texans Horror
08-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Since we took everything else from the Broncos, I am looking to last year's Broncos results for guidance. So that's how I got the Win/Loss for the Eagles, Skins, Fins, Cowboys, Giants, Bills, Jets, and Pats. I think we split with every team this year in the AFC South. I split the last two games to make it 11-5.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = W

MIAMI DOLPHINS = W

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = W

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W

@ Tennessee Titans = L

@ New York Giants = L

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = W

@ Oakland Raiders = L

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

@ New England Patriots = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = W

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

Not very realistic, IMO, but it makes (some) sense.

A more pessimistic approach might be 1-3 vs. NFC North, 2-4 against AFC South, and 4-2 vs. Rest of AFC (7-9). (Wins being Philly, Tennessee, Jax, Bills, Jets, Raiders, Browns.)

I want to add this: I think the schedule is eerily similiar to last year's schedule (i.e., lopsided: strong first eight, weak final eight). We could have a very losing season going into November, and then suddenly blister through the final seven games. It really depends on Kubiak's ability to keep the team motivated.

jdog
08-23-2006, 02:53 PM
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = W

MIAMI DOLPHINS = W

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = L

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W

@ Tennessee Titans = W

@ New York Giants = L

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = W

@ Oakland Raiders = W

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = L

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

I think this is our most far fetched but still within the realm of possibility record: 10-6

santo
08-23-2006, 03:12 PM
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W

@ Indianapolis Colts = W

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = W

MIAMI DOLPHINS = L

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = W

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W

@ Tennessee Titans = W

@ New York Giants = L

@ Jacksonville Jaguars = W

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = W

@ Oakland Raiders = W

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = L

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

This is the way I see it if the Texans are to go 13-3, splitting with Indianapolis. If they sweep the Colts, they might lose the one to the Patriots.

hollywood_texan
08-23-2006, 03:28 PM
I break it down like this:

The First Six Games - These teams have talent to make a run for the playoffs. Further, all of these teams will be looking at their schedule and the Texans as taking care of business to complete their playoff run. As it stands now, all of these teams have better talent, experience, and argueably better coaching staffs. To go a step further, the opener is huge against Philadelpia. If they win that game, look for them to possibly go 3-3 in that stretch. If they lose to the Eagles, look for the Texans to maybe win 2 games in the first six. Right now, my call is they go 1 - 5 in the first six games, beating either Miami or Jacksonville.

Games 7 through 13 - The schedule lightens up against opponents, but they have 5 of 7 on the road in this stretch. If there is really anyway they are going to go 8 - 8 this year or better, this is the strecth where they have to make it happen. Games they have a shot at winning are Tennessee (actually, they play them twice in this stretch because they are a divisional opponent), Buffalo, Jets, and Oakland. That is 5 games they could knock down as W's, but keep in mind 3 of those games are on the road. Right now, my call is 3 - 4 on this seven game stretch.

Games 14 through 16 - Here is crunch time. Go into the teeth of the Patriots in December and then have Indy and Cleveland at home to close out the season. Right now, my call is 1-2 in this stretch. However, I think the game against Indy at home will be a good one and I have some feeling the Texans will be playing well enough at that point in the season to beat them. Since it is just a feeling, I am not giving them a W though for this analysis. Basically, they beat the Browns to wrap up the season in this stretch.

Here is the breakdown,

First stretch 1 - 5
Second stretch 3 - 4
Third stretch 1 - 2

Record 5 - 11

As I said earlier, the Philadelphia game is huge to start the season off if they want to sniff around 8-8 for the season. I don't see them beating Indy in week 2 and at best splitting between Miami and Washington. Same with Dallas and Jacksonville. This team has never won more than 2 games in a row and I really don't see that changing this season.

Bottom line, the first six games will be a guide to the entire season. If they can get through that stretch at 3 - 3 (or even better), they will be sitting pretty for a really good push to show they are competitive in the NFL.

The pessimist in me thinks they could easily go 0 - 6 on the first six games.

houstonhurricane
08-23-2006, 03:43 PM
I tend to agree with Hollywood...5- 11 is a good guess and anything better than that is gravy...

AtheGreat
08-23-2006, 03:43 PM
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = L

MIAMI DOLPHINS = L

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = L

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = L

@ Tennessee Titans = W

@ New York Giants = L

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = W

@ Oakland Raiders = W

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = W

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

8-8 is what i get too when i sit down and think about it. But, i could see our scrub DBs giving up a big play against one of the teams so, 7-9 is very possible. Still, thats WAYYYY better than our last years record (which I won't speak of). that 4 game strech against Buff through Tenn. we should come out of 4-0. All those teams dont look like much. We'll see though.:redtowel:

jdog
08-23-2006, 04:07 PM
I break it down like this:

The First Six Games - These teams have talent to make a run for the playoffs. Further, all of these teams will be looking at their schedule and the Texans as taking care of business to complete their playoff run. As it stands now, all of these teams have better talent, experience, and argueably better coaching staffs. To go a step further, the opener is huge against Philadelpia. If they win that game, look for them to possibly go 3-3 in that stretch. If they lose to the Eagles, look for the Texans to maybe win 2 games in the first six. Right now, my call is they go 1 - 5 in the first six games, beating either Miami or Jacksonville.

Games 7 through 13 - The schedule lightens up against opponents, but they have 5 of 7 on the road in this stretch. If there is really anyway they are going to go 8 - 8 this year or better, this is the strecth where they have to make it happen. Games they have a shot at winning are Tennessee (actually, they play them twice in this stretch because they are a divisional opponent), Buffalo, Jets, and Oakland. That is 5 games they could knock down as W's, but keep in mind 3 of those games are on the road. Right now, my call is 3 - 4 on this seven game stretch.

Games 14 through 16 - Here is crunch time. Go into the teeth of the Patriots in December and then have Indy and Cleveland at home to close out the season. Right now, my call is 1-2 in this stretch. However, I think the game against Indy at home will be a good one and I have some feeling the Texans will be playing well enough at that point in the season to beat them. Since it is just a feeling, I am not giving them a W though for this analysis. Basically, they beat the Browns to wrap up the season in this stretch.

Here is the breakdown,

First stretch 1 - 5
Second stretch 3 - 4
Third stretch 1 - 2

Record 5 - 11

As I said earlier, the Philadelphia game is huge to start the season off if they want to sniff around 8-8 for the season. I don't see them beating Indy in week 2 and at best splitting between Miami and Washington. Same with Dallas and Jacksonville. This team has never won more than 2 games in a row and I really don't see that changing this season.

Bottom line, the first six games will be a guide to the entire season. If they can get through that stretch at 3 - 3 (or even better), they will be sitting pretty for a really good push to show they are competitive in the NFL.

The pessimist in me thinks they could easily go 0 - 6 on the first six games.

Those first six games are going to be tough, but hopefully, the combination of our team's confidence going into the season and our teams reputation going into the season will help us win a few of those first six games before people know what hit them.

Battle Red Flash
08-23-2006, 04:16 PM
:redtowel:

I say 8-8 with the game no one sees us winning at Indy.
That's Texans big upset.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = L

MIAMI DOLPHINS = L

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = L

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W

@ Tennessee Titans = L

@ New York Giants = L

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = W

@ Oakland Raiders = W

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = W

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

JAXwithanX
08-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Why is everyone convinced we are losing to the Redskins and Jaguars again?

RiotCommander
08-23-2006, 04:55 PM
The Cowboys defense IMO, is very, very good...Terry Glenn looked unstoppable( along with the rest of their offense) and T.O wasn't even playing...of course it was the Saints so take it FWIW...IMO, if we don't get pressure on a lot of these teams we are toast, because if our DB's were on trial for murder they'd get life for not COVERING their tracks...(corny I know)...And don't sleep on the Bills...They looked pretty good against the Bengals last week....

The best part about playing the Cowboys is Bledsoe is very slow. If our passrush is working he wil have a long day. He has a longer then avg drop back/ release time, and we really could win that game (But only if we are getting to him.).

RiotCommander
08-23-2006, 04:59 PM

I think we could get a split with the Jags, and the Skins are a very solid team on both sides. Its going to be hard to say anything for sure until the reg season. Every year I think I know who the best teams are, and for the most part it turns out different at the end of the year. Who picked Pitt or Seattle to be in the superbowl? I knew both had good teams, but I never saw that happening. Seattle always dropped passes and the Stealers always fizzled out.

jdog
08-23-2006, 05:11 PM

I think we will at least win one game against Jacksonville if not both games. We have a good history against them.

We can beat Washington because the game is early in the season, and I do not think Washington will play well on the road early in the season. They only played well on the road last year when they were faced with not making the playoffs. It's a weak argument, but I think it will make a difference.

JAXwithanX
08-23-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm not saying the Redskins are a bad team....but with their QB situation i could hardly call it an automatic loss. QB is such a big part of a team.

And the Jaguars haven't done anything to make me thing they are capable of beating us twice. Leftwich hasn't ever hit where people have expected...and Matt Jones better fill in that new Number 1 receiver spot quickly.

jdog
08-23-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm not saying the Redskins are a bad team....but with their QB situation i could hardly call it an automatic loss. QB is such a big part of a team.

And the Jaguars haven't done anything to make me thing they are capable of beating us twice. Leftwich hasn't ever hit where people have expected...and Matt Jones better fill in that new Number 1 receiver spot quickly.

The only reason I worry about Jacksonville a little is because I think they have given Denver's offense problems in the past.

The Redskins can run, but we will might be pretty good at stopping the run. I have never been worried about any of their quarterbacks either, but I'm sure people feel the same way about David Carr. Another factor helping us against them is that they play Dallas on the road right before they play us, and we all know how much they focus on that game.

Runner
08-23-2006, 06:09 PM
I won't do a game by game prediction, but the way I see it is we could surprise some people for a reason. If we are an effective team running the ball we might get some unexpected wins.

This team is built to run first. If we do that well we accomplish four goals.

1) We have extended drives that end up with scores.
2) We have extended drives that eat up the clock and keep the other team's offense off the field.
3) We open up the passing game for "possession receptions" and the occasional big play.
4) We keep our defense off the field with our extended drives so they are fresh when they are out there.

I expect to get a few upsets due to planning, our schemes, and playing to win. Not by keeping it close and getting lucky.

I predict a winning season.

buddyroe
08-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Season predictions ? The 1st 6 games are all tough but I see us being
overlooked to start the season. After that the schedule gets softer in the last 10 games. That being said I can see 4-2 in the 1st 6 games with a surprise win
over a colts team that will end up having a down year.
For the last 10 games the softer schedule and more experience in this system
combined with expecting and playing to win instead of expecting to lose and
playing to stay close I see us going 8-2 to end the season.
That puts us at 12-4 and on top of the south. We may go 11-5 if we get a bad break but that will still win the south.
I don't see any real dominate teams in the NFL this year so I expect at a minimum to watch the Texans play in the AFC title game this year and anything can happen from there.
This is only the beggining, this will soon be what is expected every year.
Houston Texans- Worst to First- The beggining of a DYNASTY!

jmerog
08-23-2006, 10:31 PM
I think we could get a split with the Jags, and the Skins are a very solid team on both sides. Its going to be hard to say anything for sure until the reg season. Every year I think I know who the best teams are, and for the most part it turns out different at the end of the year. Who picked Pitt or Seattle to be in the superbowl? I knew both had good teams, but I never saw that happening. Seattle always dropped passes and the Stealers always fizzled out.

FYI- Its pittsburgh 'STEELers' not 'STEAL'ers

That part of the country is known for its steel mills- not for it's thieves.

Good post though.

TexanSam
08-23-2006, 11:21 PM
I posted this on another thread. I'll repost it here.

Just running down the schedule I'll make some early predictions:

Philly: I think we'll win this one. I don't think Philly is as good without T.O. and I don't think they'll be as good as they were before T.O. W 1-0

at Indy: I don't think we'll beat Indy at home. Peyton won't have it as easy as he has before against us, but he'll do enough to win the game. Mario Williams will sack him though! Then we can have that avatar than some of us want! L 1-1

Washington: May be the best team in the NFC East. They have Al Saunders as their coordinator so the offense won't be as dull as it was last season. Mark Brunell is servicable as a QB. We'll lose this game, but we'll make it close. L 1-2

Miami: I think they're the team to beat in the AFC East. I think they are better than the Patriots and I think Daunte will be back to the Daunte of old. Especially with Chris Chambers at wide-out. Unfortunately, Capers will get revenge on his old team. L 1-3

at Dallas: It's Dallas. They're talented. They have a good coach. But no way I predict us to lose to the Cowturds. W 2-3

Jacksonville: Byron Leftwich is way overrated. Is Fred Taylor going to be healthy? With Jimmy Smith gone, do they have any WRs? We'll win this one. W 3-3

at Tennessee: We'll win this game. No particular reason. Tennessee just sucks. We also have our first 3 game winning streak ever (I think!) W 4-3

at New York Giants: Eli Manning will do what his older brother does to us. Tiki Barber will have a big game too. L 4-4

at Jacksonville: Three games in a row on the road will get to us. The Texans will play it close, but we'll have to settle for a split of the Jaguars. L 4-5

Buffalo: May be the worst team in the league. Eric Moulds will have a huge game against his former team! W 5-5

at New York Jets: If Buffalo wasn't the worst team the week before, this may be it. Eric Mangini has a lot of work to do. By this point, Kellen Clemens may be the starting QB for the Jets. We'll have a field day this game and we split our games at Giants Stadium. W 6-5

at Oakland: We play three bad teams in a row! We win three games in a row for the 2nd time this season also! Mario Williams will go wild chasing Aaron Brooks and Andre Johnson will prove to be one of the top 5 WRs in the game just like Randy Moss said (on the radio a few months back). Randy Moss will also prove why he's not an elite WR anymore. W 7-5

Tennessee: Bud Adams will make Vince Young start even though he's not ready and he'll go 10-25 with 3 INTs. Jerome Mathis will be back and healthy and he'll return a kickoff for a TD. David Carr will go 25-30 for 320 yards and 4 TDs. Morency will run for 2 TDs. Mario Williams will sack VY 3 times and will be a force all game long and we'll steamroll over the Titans 52-3! We also have a four game winning streak and would be one of the wild card teams if the season ended today. W 8-5

at New England: Tom Brady and the Patriots are in the hunt for the division against the Dolphins and won't lose this game. L 8-6

Indianapolis: We will beat Indianapolis for the first time and it can't come at a better time or a better place! Reliant will be rockin because the Texans are in the midst of one of the most dramtic single-season turnarounds in NFL history. We win a game with a Kris Brown field goal as time expires. Reliant is the loudest it's ever been...until the Browns game the next week: W 9-6

Cleveland: The Texans will not lose this game, unlike 2004. Also unlike 2004, the Texans are in the playoff hunt and a win guarantees the Texans a spot in the wildcard! Reliant is crazy. David Carr is in the midst of a Pro Bowl season, as is Andre Johnson and Dunta Robinson. We win this game and the Texans make it the playoffs as a wildcard! And the fans tear down the goalposts! W 10-6

I'm very optimistic!

jmerog
08-23-2006, 11:34 PM
i like it.

so let it be written...

The Pencil Neck
08-24-2006, 01:09 AM

Good post though.

They've been the Stealers ever since they stole that touchdown from the Oilers in the AFC Championship game. Even Bradshaw, years afterwards, admitted that was a bad call.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

GanadoUHCoog
08-24-2006, 01:20 AM
I predict 6-10...our O should be better, but I don't buy into our D being that much better...we'll see...

TK_Gamer
08-24-2006, 04:47 AM
I think we will go 2 and 4 the first 6 and 5 and 5 the last 10, but.....the key to this season will be David Carr. If Carr breaks out and gains confidence early and we avoid excessive injuries we could go 10-6 or better. David Carr has the ability to be the best QB in the conference this year, I think Manning will become human this year. He just has to have confidence in his ability and the team has to have confidence in him. he has shown flashes of Elwayesque skills at times. moving right and throwing left on a rope. freezing the secondary with a pump fake and then scrambling 15 yards . I really hope he does well. as he will decide the fate of this team this year.

TheOgre
08-24-2006, 07:18 AM
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = L

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = W

MIAMI DOLPHINS = L

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = L

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W

@ Tennessee Titans = W

@ New York Giants = L

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = L

@ Oakland Raiders = W

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = L

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

Here is my 7-9 prediction. While I don't think we will necessarily lose to the Jets, I don't see us winning those 4 in a row (Buffalo-Titans). Our final stretch is fairly easy, though, so if we do somehow have 4+ wins entering the Buffalo game, we do have a chance.

HJam72
08-24-2006, 07:23 AM
They've been the Stealers ever since they stole that touchdown from the Oilers in the AFC Championship game. Even Bradshaw, years afterwards, admitted that was a bad call.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

There was somebody on the Steelers team that actually admitted that at the time (on the field) to the QB. He said something like, "I'm sorry man. This just isn't fair to you guys."

HomeBred_Texan
08-24-2006, 07:33 AM

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = L

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = L

MIAMI DOLPHINS = W

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = L

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W

@ Tennessee Titans = L

@ New York Giants = L

BUFFALO BILLS = L

@ New York Jets = L

@ Oakland Raiders = L

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = L

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

Sorry, but this is the way I see it. The team is young and under a new coach. Some of the losses will be heart breakers, like losing to a field goal in the last seconds. But I just can't see it this year.

HJam72
08-24-2006, 07:40 AM
This team is not going 4-12. The Super Bowl doesn't always repeat and the worst team in the league doesn't repeat it every year either. Last year was caused mainly by a complete lack of faith in the system on the part of the players as a whole. This year, the players are drinking it like addicts. The drive and determination will be completely different. Barely not making .500 and having a season reminiscient of 2004 is about the worst they're going to do.

HomeBred_Texan
08-24-2006, 08:03 AM
This team is not going 4-12. The Super Bowl doesn't always repeat and the worst team in the league doesn't repeat it every year either. Last year was caused mainly by a complete lack of faith in the system on the part of the players as a whole. This year, the players are drinking it like addicts. The drive and determination will be completely different. Barely not making .500 and having a season reminiscient of 2004 is about the worst they're going to do.
It is only my opinion. I sure hope I am proved wrong right off the bat...

RiotCommander
08-24-2006, 08:57 AM

Good post though.

However unintentional my typo may have been just ask the Seahawks if they were robbed in that superbowl eh? :)

HOU-TEX
08-24-2006, 09:12 AM

Brunel has been pretty solid.
Rank Player Team Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating
6 Mark Brunell WAS 3050 454 262 23 10 78 85.9

jdog
08-24-2006, 09:50 AM
I posted this on another thread. I'll repost it here.

Just running down the schedule I'll make some early predictions:

Philly: I think we'll win this one. I don't think Philly is as good without T.O. and I don't think they'll be as good as they were before T.O. W 1-0

at Indy: I don't think we'll beat Indy at home. Peyton won't have it as easy as he has before against us, but he'll do enough to win the game. Mario Williams will sack him though! Then we can have that avatar than some of us want! L 1-1

Washington: May be the best team in the NFC East. They have Al Saunders as their coordinator so the offense won't be as dull as it was last season. Mark Brunell is servicable as a QB. We'll lose this game, but we'll make it close. L 1-2

Miami: I think they're the team to beat in the AFC East. I think they are better than the Patriots and I think Daunte will be back to the Daunte of old. Especially with Chris Chambers at wide-out. Unfortunately, Capers will get revenge on his old team. L 1-3

at Dallas: It's Dallas. They're talented. They have a good coach. But no way I predict us to lose to the Cowturds. W 2-3

Jacksonville: Byron Leftwich is way overrated. Is Fred Taylor going to be healthy? With Jimmy Smith gone, do they have any WRs? We'll win this one. W 3-3

at Tennessee: We'll win this game. No particular reason. Tennessee just sucks. We also have our first 3 game winning streak ever (I think!) W 4-3

at New York Giants: Eli Manning will do what his older brother does to us. Tiki Barber will have a big game too. L 4-4

at Jacksonville: Three games in a row on the road will get to us. The Texans will play it close, but we'll have to settle for a split of the Jaguars. L 4-5

Buffalo: May be the worst team in the league. Eric Moulds will have a huge game against his former team! W 5-5

at New York Jets: If Buffalo wasn't the worst team the week before, this may be it. Eric Mangini has a lot of work to do. By this point, Kellen Clemens may be the starting QB for the Jets. We'll have a field day this game and we split our games at Giants Stadium. W 6-5

at Oakland: We play three bad teams in a row! We win three games in a row for the 2nd time this season also! Mario Williams will go wild chasing Aaron Brooks and Andre Johnson will prove to be one of the top 5 WRs in the game just like Randy Moss said (on the radio a few months back). Randy Moss will also prove why he's not an elite WR anymore. W 7-5

Tennessee: Bud Adams will make Vince Young start even though he's not ready and he'll go 10-25 with 3 INTs. Jerome Mathis will be back and healthy and he'll return a kickoff for a TD. David Carr will go 25-30 for 320 yards and 4 TDs. Morency will run for 2 TDs. Mario Williams will sack VY 3 times and will be a force all game long and we'll steamroll over the Titans 52-3! We also have a four game winning streak and would be one of the wild card teams if the season ended today. W 8-5

at New England: Tom Brady and the Patriots are in the hunt for the division against the Dolphins and won't lose this game. L 8-6

Indianapolis: We will beat Indianapolis for the first time and it can't come at a better time or a better place! Reliant will be rockin because the Texans are in the midst of one of the most dramtic single-season turnarounds in NFL history. We win a game with a Kris Brown field goal as time expires. Reliant is the loudest it's ever been...until the Browns game the next week: W 9-6

Cleveland: The Texans will not lose this game, unlike 2004. Also unlike 2004, the Texans are in the playoff hunt and a win guarantees the Texans a spot in the wildcard! Reliant is crazy. David Carr is in the midst of a Pro Bowl season, as is Andre Johnson and Dunta Robinson. We win this game and the Texans make it the playoffs as a wildcard! And the fans tear down the goalposts! W 10-6

I'm very optimistic!

It all sounds good to me. I hope you are right about that second game against Indy. It'll be awesome, and I am going to be at that game.

Eagle23
08-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Im looking to pull this up at the end of the season but here it is, ill give a more in depth analysis on certain games if anyone requests it:

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = L

MIAMI DOLPHINS = L

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = L

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W

@ Tennessee Titans = W

@ New York Giants = L

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = W

@ Oakland Raiders = W

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = L

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

8-8 is my prediction, but I think we have the potential to suprise a couple of the team's im predicting an L against and finish 10-6.

Scenario 1 for 10-6: We beat the Redskins or the Dolphins (both home games and there will be sold out crowds at these games so we'll will have home field advantage) to start out 2-2 heading into the bye week. Then we shock the Colts (who will have probably clinched the division as usual by now) and beat them on our turf in the 2nd to last game of the season!!! :bananasplit:
you think you will beat the eagles... you are a real joker

threetoedpete
08-24-2006, 03:06 PM
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = W

MIAMI DOLPHINS = W

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = L

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W

@ Tennessee Titans = W

@ New York Giants = L

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = W

@ Oakland Raiders = W

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = L

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

I think this is our most far fetched but still within the realm of possibility record: 10-6

This is my band wagon...if we can stop the run. We'll see.

Four game win streak ? That would be awesome. Have we ever had one ?

What I'm thinking and I hate to post this to start up the 13-3 hopes, we come out of the chute 4-2, all things are possible. Can we stop the rushing attacks of those four ? That's the question. I'm begining to see 10-6 as a possiblity though.

PhillyFan
08-24-2006, 03:09 PM

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = L

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = L

MIAMI DOLPHINS = W

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = L

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W

@ Tennessee Titans = W

@ New York Giants = W

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = L

@ Oakland Raiders = W

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = L

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

Looks like I have you pegged at 8-8

jdog
08-24-2006, 03:26 PM
This is my band wagon...if we can stop the run. We'll see.

Four game win streak ? That would be awesome. Have we ever had one ?

What I'm thinking and I hate to post this to start up the 13-3 hopes, we come out of the chute 4-2, all things are possible. Can we stop the rushing attacks of those four ? That's the question. I'm begining to see 10-6 as a possiblity though.

What gets me is we looked bad against the run with the Chiefs and good against the run with the Rams. I think we will be a little above average against the run. If it is a team that doesn't run well, we'll pretty much stuff 'em. If it's a team that does run well, we'll keep the damage minimal, but we will probably still allow them to have a lot of possession time. We'll have a lot of possession time too though.

I doubt that we have had a four game winning streak, but with the second half of this schedule it looks like a very realistic possibility right now.

To me those first four games will be the biggest, and I can see us realistically going 2-2. From there, there's no reason why we couldn't have .500 or slightly better season. If the soft spot of the schedule really turns out to be a soft spot, I'm thinking winning season.

joetexan
08-24-2006, 04:38 PM
You guys have no faith...

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W
@ Indianapolis Colts = W
WASHINGTON REDSKINS = W
MIAMI DOLPHINS = W
BYE WEEK
@ Dallas Cowboys = W
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W
@ Tennessee Titans = W
@ New York Giants = W
BUFFALO BILLS = W
@ New York Jets = W
@ Oakland Raiders = W
TENNESSEE TITANS = W
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = W
CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

Texans finish regular season 16-0, Mario and Demeco split Defensive ROY honors, Carr wins MVP, and Kubiak wins Coach of the Year. Why not? :drool: :redtowel: :coolb:

jdog
08-24-2006, 04:40 PM

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W
@ Indianapolis Colts = W
WASHINGTON REDSKINS = W
MIAMI DOLPHINS = W
BYE WEEK
@ Dallas Cowboys = W
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W
@ Tennessee Titans = W
@ New York Giants = W
BUFFALO BILLS = W
@ New York Jets = W
@ Oakland Raiders = W
TENNESSEE TITANS = W
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = W
CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

Texans finish regular season 16-0, Mario and Demeco split Defensive ROY honors, Carr wins MVP, and Kubiak wins Coach of the Year. Why not? :drool: :redtowel: :coolb:

Awesome. A movie is soon released based on our season entitled, "The Day the Dolphins Cried."

veazeyt
08-25-2006, 01:00 AM

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W
@ Indianapolis Colts = W
WASHINGTON REDSKINS = W
MIAMI DOLPHINS = W
BYE WEEK
@ Dallas Cowboys = W
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W
@ Tennessee Titans = W
@ New York Giants = W
BUFFALO BILLS = W
@ New York Jets = W
@ Oakland Raiders = W
TENNESSEE TITANS = W
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = W
CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

Some reason, I saw this coming!..... may we never get the first draft pick again!

michaelm
08-25-2006, 04:34 AM
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = L

MIAMI DOLPHINS = L

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = L

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = L

@ Tennessee Titans = W

@ New York Giants = L

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = W

@ Oakland Raiders = W

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = W

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

8-8 is what i get too when i sit down and think about it. But, i could see our scrub DBs giving up a big play against one of the teams so, 7-9 is very possible. Still, thats WAYYYY better than our last years record (which I won't speak of). that 4 game strech against Buff through Tenn. we should come out of 4-0. All those teams dont look like much. We'll see though.:redtowel:

You schedule reflects a 9-7 record, but you are predicting 8-8?

If we are going to go 9-7, then this (your schedule) is a pretty good way to do it.
Your predictions have us closing the season on a 8-2 run.
Over .500 for the season, and on a good run like that really would set us up going into the '07 season.

HJam72
08-26-2006, 01:01 AM
It is only my opinion. I sure hope I am proved wrong right off the bat...

I didn't mean to be rude, but I guess I came off that way. Sorry about that.

Jagsbch
08-26-2006, 11:26 AM
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = L

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = W

MIAMI DOLPHINS = W

2-2

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = W

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = L

@ Tennessee Titans = W

@ New York Giants = W

5-3

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = W

@ Oakland Raiders = W

8-4

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = W

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

!!-5We win tiebreaker and you all have a wild card spot. Texans were the most underachieving team in the league. it is as if the players conspired to run their coaching staff out of town, now tih the majority of starters intact, and a brilliant offensive mind at the helm, along with a solid draft to bolster the Trenches where most of your games have been lost, I see a bright furure for this franchise in the near Future.

threetoedpete
08-26-2006, 11:37 AM

Good post though.
I dunno, after the super bowl this year, and the '79 championship game, it may not be correct, but it's accurate.

HomeBred_Texan
09-01-2006, 12:59 PM
We have too many prediction threads going on. But still sticking to my guns on my predictions...