PDA

View Full Version : Who is our best option for kick returner

newtexfan
08-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Not being able to see the games up here.I'm hoping ESPN picks up the game Sunday nite.I was wondering who looked like the best option for kick returner.Stat wise Rhodes is adv. 25 per so far.It looks like its going to be interesting what backs we keep and for what reasons.I'm hoping Rhodes gets some more work in this next game to see what he brings to the table as far as the total pkg. is concered.

Grits
08-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Hard to say after so few looks. I think that Rhodes looks promising - if he doesnt play much this weekend, we will know where the coaches stand. But it seems like he does everything right when he is in there.

TexanSam
08-22-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm so used to Jerome Mathis from last year than anyone they've put out there just seems, for lack of a better word, dull. None of the options that I've seen has the explosion that Mathis had. Anytime Mathis was returning a kick, he had a chance to return it all the way. I don't see that with any of these.

To answer the question though, I think Rhodes has looked the best.

TFL
08-22-2006, 11:20 PM
I'm so used to Jerome Mathis from last year than anyone they've put out there just seems, for lack of a better word, dull. None of the options that I've seen has the explosion that Mathis had. Anytime Mathis was returning a kick, he had a chance to return it all the way. I don't see that with any of these.

To answer the question though, I think Rhodes has looked the best.

It kind of feels like when J.J moses was back there u knew he was going to do ok, but knew he was not going to take it all the way

TexanSam
08-22-2006, 11:33 PM
Here are the statistics so far for the preseason:

Chris Taylor: 4 returns, 85 yards, 21.3 avg
Damien Rhodes: 2 returns, 50 yards, 25 avg
Wali Lundy: 1 return, 30 yards, 30 avg

That doesn't really give much of an indication though. I'd like to try Buchanon on kickoff returns though.

phan1
08-23-2006, 12:56 AM
I don't see why Buchanon isn't getting some reps there. It'd be good to see him contribute there like he does punt returns.

HJam72
08-23-2006, 12:57 AM
I guess it's too dangerous to try Robinson? What about Morency or Lundy?

Insideop
08-23-2006, 01:36 AM
Here are the statistics so far for the preseason:

Chris Taylor: 4 returns, 85 yards, 21.3 avg
Damien Rhodes: 2 returns, 50 yards, 25 avg
Wali Lundy: 1 return, 30 yards, 30 avg

That doesn't really give much of an indication though. I'd like to try Buchanon on kickoff returns though.

I think it will be one of these three you mention here. If I had to pick now, I'd probably say it will be Rhodes, but IMO, it's still too early to tell who it will be. If one of them has a breakout game as a KR this game against the Broncos it could seal them up making the roster.

A lot too depends on how many RBs They plan on carrying. Is it 4 or 5? If it's only 4, then I think one of these 3 gets put on the PS. Probably Taylor, but as I said before it's too early to tell. JMHO!

z0rpAn
08-23-2006, 04:22 AM
I guess it's too dangerous to try Robinson? What about Morency or Lundy?

Im not bashing you, just use your head. Besides DRob, we are already using 2nd/3rd string in our secondary, everyone is already injured. No point in assuring that we will start the season with only our 3rd string secondary.

Morency looked awesome at RB the other night and we will need someone to replace/fill in for DomDavis. I love DD I do, but his future is looking too grim at this point.

HOU-TEX
08-23-2006, 10:45 AM
What about giving Derek Lewis a shot? Seeing how smallish he appears, he should have some break away speed, right?