PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Houston's Bull Rush??

thunderkyss
08-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Tell me what you think...... in our first two Preseason games, which line up do you think got the most pressure on the QB??

Williams...... Robair...... Weaver...... Babin.....

Babin..... TJ..... Seth...... Peek...

Babin....... TJ..... Williams....... Peek.....

Weaver..... Robaire...... TJ...... Williams.....

The Pencil Neck
08-22-2006, 07:05 PM

TMac48
08-22-2006, 07:14 PM
Where's Williams....TJ....Robaire....Peek?

thunderkyss
08-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Where's Williams....TJ....Robaire....Peek?

you're right, I should have at least put an other option....... if the mods could do that for me, I'd appreciate it....

there are a couple of other formations I didn't put in there........ I'm lazy.

Khari
08-22-2006, 07:20 PM
you're right, I should have at least put an other option....... if the mods could do that for me, I'd appreciate it....

there are a couple of other formations I didn't put in there........ I'm lazy.

added

thunderkyss
08-22-2006, 07:25 PM
added
Wow...... that was quick.. thanks........

Grid
08-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Williams - TJ - Seth - Peek

LORK 88
08-22-2006, 09:17 PM
Peek - Weaver - TJ - Williams

Blu
08-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Peek - Weaver - TJ - Williams
agree! but i would switch Tj and Weaver.

This is how I set up my Madden '07..Texans, and beat 'dem Boys' lastnight.

real
08-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Weaver...Johnson...Payne....Williams(starting line up)

Babin....Johnson...Mario....Peek(passing situations)

real
08-23-2006, 11:36 AM
]']Here! here!

I think Weaver is a monster DE! Weaver > Peek and Babs!

Exactly...and Since Weaver is a better Strong side DE than he is a DT I feel like this is our best overall lineup....And it allows Mario to move to the weak side(which is where I thought he should have been in the first place) and use his athleticism....Also, at this point.....I feel like TJ has played better than anyother DT and I think he will be our best DT this season...

HJam72
08-23-2006, 11:38 AM
I have to admit that I do like the idea of Payne and Williams on the right side.

HOU-TEX
08-23-2006, 11:41 AM
I have to admit that I do like the idea of Payne and Williams on the right side.

Thus far, Payne has yet to impress me as much compared to the rest of the DTs. I used to be very high on him. IMO, he has yet to perform well since the transition. I'm for: Weaver, TJ, Smith, Mario. :twocents:

HJam72
08-23-2006, 11:43 AM
Thus far, Payne has yet to impress me as much compared to the rest of the DTs. I used to be very high on him. IMO, he has yet to perform well since the transition. I'm for: Weaver, TJ, Smith, Mario. :twocents:

I haven't been able to SEE anything. :brickwall

real
08-23-2006, 11:44 AM

That line-up would work too...really IMO, it doesn't make much difference between smith and payne...just as long as the other three are there

thunderkyss
08-23-2006, 11:52 AM
I've yet to see Weaver impress at the DE position. Especially not as much as we've seen Babin & Peek. But if you guys think he's doing better than Babin & Peek, then he must be a Monster..... so I'll wait and see.

Tackles, Hands down, I'd say our most impressive Combo has been Mario & TJ..... followed closely by TJ & Seth..... Seth just won't quit.

HOU-TEX
08-23-2006, 11:52 AM
That line-up would work too...really IMO, it doesn't make much difference between smith and payne...just as long as the other three are there

I totally agree with you there. The only reason I didn't include Payne in it was because the plays I did notice him in were not good at all. One of them being a TD for the Chiefs. Robaires had a few decent tackles that came to mind.

HOU-TEX
08-23-2006, 11:54 AM
I've yet to see Weaver impress at the DE position. Especially not as much as we've seen Babin & Peek. But if you guys think he's doing better than Babin & Peek, then he must be a Monster..... so I'll wait and see.

Tackles, Hands down, I'd say our most impressive Combo has been Mario & TJ..... followed closely by TJ & Seth..... Seth just won't quit.

I think Peek and Babs will see time on passing situations.

TexanFanInCC
08-23-2006, 12:44 PM

i agree. williams lined up next to peek was unstoppable.

TEXANRED
08-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Peek might not be able to cover or stop the run but he sure can find the QB!

Cincinnatikid
08-23-2006, 01:02 PM

he was actually good in coverage last season, as shown by his int in indy

buddyboy
08-23-2006, 01:10 PM
I like the idea of babin and peek one the de positions where they can use their speed to attack the qb and mario and tj in the mid where they can disrupt and cause some chaos. that, imo, would be an awesome pass rushing unit.

real
08-23-2006, 01:12 PM

Weaver hasn't really provided a lot of pressure in passing situations, but what I like about AW is the fact that he just seems solid...I don't know how many plays a strong side DE is expected to make, but IMO the most important thing for him to do on the strongside is take up blockers, and to not get pushed out of the way, which he did a good job of last game...Mario being on the weakside allows him to use his athleticism, and freakish measurables to absolutely dominate which is something Babin can't do...Having Mario on the strong side, IMO, handcuffs our defense because being on the strongside doesn't allow him to make as many plays...Great move by Kubiak and staff, and im lovin' our d-line

buddyboy
08-23-2006, 01:27 PM
I thought weaver was more of a run stuffer??? that's why i voted the way i did....

thunderkyss
08-23-2006, 01:32 PM

First, we all expect Peek to improve all aspects of his game.

But with Babin on the strongside..... teams will run away from him.

With TJ & Williams in the middle..... teams won't run inside.

With Peek on the weekside..... Demeco, Greenwood, or Orr, we'll be fine against the run, and hell against the pass. We'll be in the backfield on every down.

HOU-TEX
08-23-2006, 02:12 PM
First, we all expect Peek to improve all aspects of his game.

With Peek on the weekside..... Demeco, Greenwood, or Orr, we'll be fine against the run, and hell against the pass. We'll be in the backfield on every down.

Why would teams run away from Babin? It's not like he's proven himself at DE in stopping the run.:confused:

real
08-23-2006, 02:15 PM
I thought weaver was more of a run stuffer??? that's why i voted the way i did....

He is...Thats why IMO, he's better suited for the strong side...

real
08-23-2006, 02:21 PM

Is that your pass rushing line...Because that would be nice...But as far as starting line-up IMO, that would really suck...why would teams run away from Babin...I don't see him as the type of player that strikes fear into opponents hearts...

Wild.Bill
08-23-2006, 02:50 PM
Not to rain on anybodies parade, but all of these guys are going to see significant playing time. Right now, the lineup of Weaver, Smith, Johnson, and Williams (after only one game mind you) was very good against the run. I really don't think it much matters whether you have a lineup of Babin, Smith, Johnson, Williams or Weaver, Smith, Johnson, Williams. Both lineups are going to give opposing teams running games fits. I happen to think that Babin is really going to emerge as our second defensive end on this team ahead of Weaver.

Peek is much like R. Mathis in Indianapolis. A good pash rusher, but poor run stopper. The other lineups mentioned above will help free our linebackers up to blitz more and hawk the football.