PDA

View Full Version : Now i know why everyone on here bashes Joe Theismann

Sportsfan
08-22-2006, 03:09 PM
I never watched a lot of games on ESPN(i guess i'm stuck now since MNF is on ESPN) so i never understood all the Joe T. bashing. Well last night I heard Joe at his finest.

Sometime during 1st qtr he's talking about how Bush is going to be electric on EVERY play and make defenders look like fools, yada yada yada.

2nd qtr he says something about how on every play you can't expect Bush to break away and do what he did at USC b/c this is the NFL and these guys are faster and tougher.
Talk about a freaking 180. LOL!

I heard a few more of these contradictions of his throughout the game as well.
Jeez does ESPN not listen to their broadcasters and coach them on occassion? Kind of like you'd have a performance review at your job.

HOU-TEX
08-22-2006, 03:32 PM
I never watched a lot of games on ESPN(i guess i'm stuck now since MNF is on ESPN) so i never understood all the Joe T. bashing. Well last night I heard Joe at his finest.

Sometime during 1st qtr he's talking about how Bush is going to be electric on EVERY play and make defenders look like fools, yada yada yada.

2nd qtr he says something about how on every play you can't expect Bush to break away and do what he did at USC b/c this is the NFL and these guys are faster and tougher.
Talk about a freaking 180. LOL!

I heard a few more of these contradictions of his throughout the game as well.
Jeez does ESPN not listen to their broadcasters and coach them on occassion? Kind of like you'd have a performance review at your job.

I agree, he's bad. That other whimpy looking guy, Kornholio or something like that. That dudes a complete joke.

hot pickle
08-22-2006, 03:35 PM
i hate joe t.

i didn't care about him, untill he started makin stupid ass comments about ricky williams, i know ricky isnt the best guy there is, but the fact is that you don't disrespect former UT players, no matter who they are, unless of course there name is Kwami Cavil

TexanSam
08-22-2006, 03:42 PM
i hate joe t.

i didn't care about him, untill he started makin stupid ass comments about ricky williams, i know ricky isnt the best guy there is, but the fact is that you don't disrespect former UT players, no matter who they are, unless of course there name is Kwami Cavil

Wait, where did that rule come from? I have no problem with Joe Theismann criticizing Ricky Williams. Who cares if he's from UT? He's screwed up his life.

It's the rest of Joe T I don't like. He makes dumb comments while commentating on a game. Kornheiser I don't mind. He wasn't awful in the booth. Him and Mike Tirico would be much better than including Theismann in the bunch.

real
08-22-2006, 03:48 PM
Joe Theisman is fullof himself, and Ilike the way "kornholio" kinda keeps him in check...

nunusguy
08-22-2006, 03:54 PM
I thought people didn't like Theisman because they think he's too opinionated?
In regards to his take on Bush, I didn't hear his earlier remarks, but basically
agree with what I did hear him say which was Bush is not a conventional running back, but must have situations where he can be isolated on players
in "space". And he must learn that the NFL has many athletes and speed guys
on his level and it just ain't gonna be like playing against USCs opponents.
I thought he was a bit superior with Kornheiser when TK questioned his attitude about Bledsoe, but didn't treally blame him as he was a successful
NFL QB and I can't imagine what TK knows about being a QB in high school,
much less the NFL.
BTW, the play-by-play guy is really good and he's a definite keeper for the new MNF show. Theismans OK IMO, but I can think of others I'd prefer.
And Kornheiser ? I'd much rather have Gary Shandling.

Blake
08-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Give me Madden, and Al any day of the week. I couldnt stand these guys, and how hilarious they THINK they are.

It almost feels like a couple of my dad's friends are watching the game with me, and are trying to make smart comments...

Huge
08-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Reasons I don't like Theisman:

4. His last name used to be pronounced "Theesman". He changed it during college so it would ryhme with "Heisman".

3. He played QB for the Redskins. I'm a Cowboys fan.

2. He's generally a jackass.

And the #1 reason is because of a story my brother passed on to me...

While waiting for a flight out of DC several years back, my brother noticed Theisman was waiting for the same flight. Also waiting for the same flight was a group of WWII veterans that were on their way to a reunion. As a sign of respect, the airline decided they were going to have the veterans board the plane first. Before the first one could get up, there was Joe...first in line. Apparently he didn't think they deserved to take their seats before he did.