PDA

View Full Version : Denver - Houston Plummer will have to sit in the pocket.

Divebomb
08-22-2006, 02:16 PM
I posted a thread about Mario, and this week it will prove my point. If I were to draw up this game plan, this is how I would play it out. Denver, like Houston, loves to roll out predomonantly to the right because of right handed QB's. I would line Mario on the Defensive Left End (The O's Right side) and have Mario play the same technique he has played this whole preseason. If we do that Plummer will have negative 20 yards in sacks due to his booting to Mario's side of the field. What will happen is we are going to cut his boot leg move to the right and force him to either stay in the pocket of boot left and have to throw the ball out of his comfort zone. He will be forced to sit in the pocket and try to manuver with Peek zeroing in on him. This is where we earn our money for taking Mario. He will cause Denver and almost every team in the League to stratagize for the Texans knowing that Mario's side of the ball is a no-no. It is not about sacks its about causing the offense to play in a non comfort zone. Denver is the game where the fans will understand why Mario was the best option for this team as the #1 fans just have to believe in the guy!

KKHouston
08-22-2006, 02:22 PM
I posted a thread about Mario, and this week it will prove my point. If I were to draw up this game plan, this is how I would play it out. Denver, like Houston, loves to roll out predomonantly to the right because of right handed QB's. I would line Mario on the Defensive Left End (The O's Right side) and have Mario play the same technique he has played this whole preseason. If we do that Plummer will have negative 20 yards in sacks due to his booting to Mario's side of the field. What will happen is we are going to cut his boot leg move to the right and force him to either stay in the pocket of boot left and have to throw the ball out of his comfort zone. He will be forced to sit in the pocket and try to manuver with Peek zeroing in on him. This is where we earn our money for taking Mario. He will cause Denver and almost every team in the League to stratagize for the Texans knowing that Mario's side of the ball is a no-no. It is not about sacks its about causing the offense to play in a non comfort zone. Denver is the game where the fans will understand why Mario was the best option for this team as the #1 fans just have to believe in the guy!

So what do we do when Cutler comes in? He's left-handed.

Divebomb
08-22-2006, 02:25 PM
Move Mario to the Right side of the line, its not Rocket science.

Vinny
08-22-2006, 02:27 PM
So what do we do when Cutler comes in? He's left-handed.*cough*

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20051014/all/l1599696.jpg

real
08-22-2006, 02:29 PM
*cough*

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20051014/all/l1599696.jpg

Same thing I was thinking...Good Picture...

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Jay Cutler is ambidextrous? lol

TexansFanatic
08-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Wow, a switch hitter!

Divebomb
08-22-2006, 02:37 PM
I didn't even know if he was right or left handed LOL! It doesn't matter he is not going to roll out to his right this week to throw TD's like he did the two previous weeks. Well unless Mario is out and Babin is in and probably not even then. Tenn D is WEAK WEAK WEAK.

HeartofHouston
08-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Yup plummber and cutler should have a major problem on their hands..

Blake
08-22-2006, 03:25 PM
*cough*

ORQB.com/image.overrated_quarterback.jpg

Granted, I havent seen alot of the kid, but I feel that he is benefiting from being on a playoff team.

Same with BenRoe.

I guess I will reserve more comments for after I see him as a starter, because I still feel he is overrated, and will be watching.

Wild.Bill
Has anybody heard who Kubiak plans on starting this week on the D-Line?

Doom Capers
hahahahaha

El Tejano
08-22-2006, 03:29 PM
How bout we play the regular way and make and adjustment if it doesn't work out? This way we get to see what we got since it is preseason and we learn to make adjustments which is what we never knew how to do the previous 4 years.