PDA

View Full Version : Madden 07 - Who's Got it?

Txn_in_Oki
08-22-2006, 10:06 AM
Just bought it but won't be home to play it until tomorrow morning :brickwall

Played it at the store and it looks good. Broke a 30 yard TD run with DD and threw for about a 40 from Carr to AJ (ain't Madden great?). Looks great on the HIDEF and the control seems really smotth. Can't wait till tomorrow. Duty sucks.

gtexan02
08-22-2006, 10:08 AM
I don't have it yet, but I'm getting it soon! Circuit City has it for 37.99 if anyone is intersted in saving some $$

Also, Texan in VA, how do you watch the games? I'm about 3 hours west of you in Cville, but have had no luck yet finding a bar that doesn't laugh at me when I tell them to turn on the Texans games

Nawzer
08-22-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm about to go get it but I'm not sure which store to go? I think the cheapest deal is at Circuit City for $27.90 and Fry's at $29.99. Both are pretty far from where I live. But I can't wait to get my hands on it!!! Happy Maddenoliday!

Double Barrel
08-22-2006, 11:54 AM
I'll get my copy at lunch today. I can't wait to play it!!

powerfuldragon
08-22-2006, 11:56 AM
ign gave it an 8.5 overall.

pittbull
08-22-2006, 12:05 PM
For the price of $27.99, you must be buying the Nintedo copy. the cheapest I have seen is $49.00, with a rebate from circuit city for $12.00.

gtexan02
08-22-2006, 12:38 PM
If you email EA, they will send you a $15 coupon. But then you have to order ito nline and pay shipping

Txn_in_Oki
08-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Also, Texan in VA, how do you watch the games? I'm about 3 hours west of you in Cville, but have had no luck yet finding a bar that doesn't laugh at me when I tell them to turn on the Texans games

Charlottesville? Just drove through there last week on the way to Saint Louis and back. Beautiful country through there, deer EVERYWHERE.

I just hit one of the sports bars, A.J. Gators is the closest to me so I can stumble home after. Have tried a couple other places and have never had a problem getting a game. It might be on a tv in an obscure corner of the place but it will be on. Most places here get Sunday Ticket and have all the games and enough tv's to carry all of them.

If you don't mind being around a bunch of boozehounds I'm sure you'll find it somewhere. Keep up the hunt.

jerek
08-22-2006, 12:55 PM
... And to be brutally honest, it is a something of a disappointment on Xbox 360. I got it last night and played the game on 1080i ... the stadium graphics are nice enough, but the far more important gameplay graphics are pretty friggin choppy. When I get home from work today, I'm going to try scaling it back to 720p and seeing if that helps.

For some reason (my guess: bad project scheduling), Madden doesn't do the in-game commentary. This seems cheap to me since audio file conversion and storage is one of the easiest programming tasks there is. That wouldn't necessarily have been a bad thing if the totally random play-by-play guy that does it instead wasn't much worse.

The controllers are 100% different from last years and are giving me fits so far. Once I actually adjust to the new scheme, I'll let you know how I like it. It seems logical at this point, but I'm definitely taking some time to adjust to it.

I played the Titans my first time out on All Pro and beat them pretty ferociously. :)

GuerillaBlack
08-22-2006, 01:03 PM
I wish 2k was still around. They owned Madden (when will this EA deal end?). I am going to pick up Madden tomorrow for my 360. I hope its good, but nothing really changes now (not much to change). They should just have downloadable rosters from now on for $15 off of Xbox Live.

jerek
08-22-2006, 01:10 PM
I wish 2k was still around. They owned Madden (when will this EA deal end?). I am going to pick up Madden tomorrow for my 360. I hope its good, but nothing really changes now (not much to change). They should just have downloadable rosters from now on for $15 off of Xbox Live.

The EA exclusive NFL deal was some ridiculously long stretch ... I want to say 15 years.

gwallaia
08-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Surely the 360 version will be better than the garbage they put out for Madden 06.

Nawzer
08-22-2006, 01:14 PM
I actually got the PC version. So far so good. I got drafted by the Bucs in the 3rd round. Receiver out of UH. I've already started acting like a pompous jerk.

jerek
08-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Surely the 360 version will be better than the garbage they put out for Madden 06.

Eh ... it is, but it's not as good as it should be IMO. I started a thread with those details in the NSTA section (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=26841) and am waiting on the mods to merge it.

I just got it last night and only played it an hour or so, so that's not a very 'detailed' review, but it was my impression.

GuerillaBlack
08-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Wait...no in-game commentary?? So no one is saying "Houston Texans ball at the 40." Even though Madden's commentary sucks and they need more vairety (like 2k did), it was still good to have it. I do mainly just blast music and put the game on mute.

jerek
08-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Wait...no in-game commentary?? So no one is saying "Houston Texans ball at the 40." Even though Madden's commentary sucks and they need more vairety (like 2k did), it was still good to have it. I do mainly just blast music and put the game on mute.

There's commentary, it's just not Madden doing it. Madden's commentary was okay but IMO they always could have done so much more with it; this guy makes Spencer Tillman sound awesome.

Double Barrel
08-22-2006, 02:25 PM
I got my at lunch ($46.99 at Fry's for the 360 version). I can't wait to play it!

Don't care about commentary, as it's one of the first things I turn off in any sports game I play.

Titan "Tack" Fan
08-22-2006, 02:27 PM
The game is awesome IMO. I've been playing Madden since like '93 and this is probably my favorite one yet.

It's not perfect, but it has some awesome features.

BTW i have the 360 version.

Pros:
The "highlight stick" is awesome
When you throw a deep pass it like slows down and goes into like tunnel vision and I thought that was cool.
Vince Young is a badass in it!!!
LenDale is good to (i use him instead of CB or TH)
The graphics are incredible
I love some of the player celebrations (i scored a TD once and he jumped up and threw the ball between his legs)
The new lead blocked feature is sweet
The defensive A.I. is WORLDS ahead of any other Madden game.

Cons:
The announcing sucks, i miss madden
You can't cycle backwards between players
The O-Line A.I. kinda sucks when you don't do it yourself

jerek
08-22-2006, 02:34 PM
Titan Tack ... what res is your 360 set to? (480p, 720p, or 1080i?)

Titan "Tack" Fan
08-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Titan Tack ... what res is your 360 set to? (480p, 720p, or 1080i?)

1080i. I think it looks really good. Do you think it's possible that 720p would look better?

jerek
08-22-2006, 03:08 PM
1080i. I think it looks really good. Do you think it's possible that 720p would look better?

It just looked choppy on my 1080i screen. Not sure what the deal is. I am going to try out 780p and see how that works. I prefer smooth running lower end graphics to choppy ultra sharp graphics.

Bullpen Drew
08-22-2006, 03:20 PM
Anyone have it on PS2 yet?

Double Barrel
08-22-2006, 03:21 PM
For the price of $27.99, you must be buying the Nintedo copy. the cheapest I have seen is $49.00, with a rebate from circuit city for $12.00.

Fry's has the 360 version on sale for $46.99, no rebate or coupon required. Got mine at lunch.

yumyum
08-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Going get mines today for the PS2!!!:yahoo:

Blake
08-22-2006, 03:34 PM
My bro got it last night at the midnight release. He says it rocks. But Ill see after 5pm.

kbourda
08-22-2006, 04:00 PM
It just looked choppy on my 1080i screen. Not sure what the deal is. I am going to try out 780p and see how that works. I prefer smooth running lower end graphics to choppy ultra sharp graphics.

I'm running 720p on my PC monitor. And the only choppy experience I had was online last night. I won but it was brutal experience. The game is alright. The main things i'm ticked at is having to use points to get alt. jerserys and not having the ability to modify the ratings. Do they have Charles Spencer rated bad or what?

jerek
08-22-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm running 720p on my PC monitor. And the only choppy experience I had was online last night. I won but it was brutal experience. The game is alright. The main things i'm ticked at is having to use points to get alt. jerserys and not having the ability to modify the ratings. Do they have Charles Spencer rated bad or what?

You can't edit rosters? You have to be kidding me ... I haven't gotten around to really exploring all of the features yet. That would really, really suck if you can't edit rosters. This year was supposed to be the year they put back all of the features they omitted last year ...

I'll have to check it out. I've heard you have to screw around with 360 caches from time to time to restore performance ... it could be mine is just due for a tuneup. Gotta love Microsoft ...

kbourda
08-22-2006, 04:07 PM
You can't edit rosters? You have to be kidding me ... I haven't gotten around to really exploring all of the features yet. That would really, really suck if you can't edit rosters. This year was supposed to be the year they put back all of the features they omitted last year ...

I'll have to check it out. I've heard you have to screw around with 360 caches from time to time to restore performance ... it could be mine is just due for a tuneup. Gotta love Microsoft ...

I wish I was kidding you about the roster edits. And to think I got the Hall of Fame one, too. That bad boy was 75 bones! I hear EA is patching the 360 version for the online fatigue bug (players don't tire). And I forgot to tell you that HOF'ers are added to your franchise season as well.

jerek
08-22-2006, 04:10 PM
I wish I was kidding you about the roster edits. And to think I got the Hall of Fame one, too. That bad boy was 75 bones! I hear EA is patching the 360 version for the online fatigue bug (players don't tire). And I forgot to tell you that HOF'ers are added to your franchise season as well.

I was planning on buying the PS2 version any way to practice for this year's Madden Challenge, but that's pretty stupid. I guess EA figures that their exclusive NFL license means they can start getting crappy. :challenge

kbourda
08-22-2006, 04:11 PM

Jerek, you live in Houston right?

jerek
08-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Jerek, you live in Houston right?

yes sir, you?

powerfuldragon
08-22-2006, 04:14 PM
sams has it for 44 or 45 bucks.

kbourda
08-22-2006, 04:16 PM
yes sir, you?

If you have X-Box live, let's play today if you get a chance. I just want to test and see if the choppiness was due to the distance (the guy lived in Virginia) or just in general.

Grid
08-22-2006, 04:18 PM
Ive gotta wait till september the 12th hehe.

I dont have $100 to blow until then.

See, I dont have a console right now (I rarely played my other ones..im a PC gamer).. so im gonna buy it on PC. But ya gotta have a good gamepad to play it on PC.. and I just found out that the XBox 360 controllers are normal USB controllers that can be plugged into a PC.

So.. September the 12th. Madden 07 on PC and an XBox 360 controller.

Grid
08-22-2006, 04:19 PM
If you have X-Box live, let's play today if you get a chance. I just want to test and see if the choppiness was due to the distance (the guy lived in Virginia) or just in general.

Yall are gonna have to flip a coin to decide who gets to be the Texans :cowboy1:

kbourda
08-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Yall are gonna have to flip a coin to decide who gets to be the Texans :cowboy1:

I'm not that hard to get along with.

kbourda
08-22-2006, 04:25 PM
My screen name for XBL is : darkgable34. Hit me up or add me to your list.

Double Barrel
08-22-2006, 05:16 PM
My screen name for XBL is : darkgable34. Hit me up or add me to your list.

I'll add you, too (or you add me - DoubleBarrel42). I look forward to playing you soon. :shades:

So.. September the 12th. Madden 07 on PC and an XBox 360 controller.

Sweet. I dig the 360 controller. IMO, the best one, yet.

Farough
08-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Well, I just played the first game in my franchise. I didn't know that they would have given Mario that bad of awareness (40). I guess if you control him that wont have much of an effect. The only reason I can see it being that low is so his rating wasn't any higher than it was.

powerfuldragon
08-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Sweet. I dig the 360 controller. IMO, the best one, yet.
i dunno, i'm partial to the dualshock design. the gamecube has the most ergonomically comfy controller IMO.

Double Barrel
08-22-2006, 06:45 PM
i dunno, i'm partial to the dualshock design. the gamecube has the most ergonomically comfy controller IMO.

The dualshock is a nice controller, but a bit too small for my hands. Gamecube's is a nice one, as well, but I haven't logged a lot of time on it in awhile. It was comfortable, though.

Grid
08-22-2006, 07:07 PM
The Dual Shock wasnt too bad.. I liked the sticks on it better, but I never liked the PS direction pad, and I also found the dual shock to be a bit small for my hands.

The GC controller was nice.. but too light and flimsy for my taste. I like to feel a bit of weight and sturdiness in my controller.

I prefer the Xbox/Xbox360.

powerfuldragon
08-22-2006, 07:12 PM
i like the original x-box controller. not that wimpy s one.

Farough
08-22-2006, 09:03 PM
I prefer the dual shock controller, mostly because I've always played playstation. It seems to be the most comfterble to hold.

I simulated the first season just to see waht the offseason is like on this Madden. As I expected, its relatively the same. The only major differences I can see is that they added 2 Player Management times throughout the offseason, in which the computer makes a list of people they think it would be in your best interest to cut (For DC haters, he was on the list), due to cap reasons. I like the idea but it makes the offseason so much longer.

The other major different is in the rookie scouting. Now when you pick a player to scout, depending on their position, you will do mini camp drills to reveal information about them. If you do poorly you will not get any information. If you do good you will find out a lot about the prospect. Again, a good idea, I really liked it.

So far I really like the game, they've made defense a little harder I think, or it just might be the players, I guess we will have to see.

gwallaia
08-22-2006, 09:30 PM
How about the Madden board game instead!
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/060822

Peldon
08-22-2006, 09:31 PM
Has anyone else, who has the x-box version, noticed that most of the first round picks last year have their real life pictures in the player screen, except for Mario. You would think they could find a picture to use for the first pick of the draft. The only other top pick I saw without a real pic was D'Brick. I mean they even have one for Tamba Hali but not Mario. Even EA Sports is against us...:crying:

jerek
08-22-2006, 09:33 PM
I have Live but I don't have it hooked up to the Net. I may be able to get with you on that sometime in the near future.

GuerillaBlack
08-22-2006, 09:40 PM
The 360 system and controller own anything out there. I have LIVE, too, look for TheTruth713.

Wolf
08-22-2006, 09:41 PM
how are the trades done? does the teams counter your trade if they don't like what you proposed?

jerek
08-22-2006, 11:24 PM
I also got the Ps2 version. While not without its irritating features, it is IMO superior to the 360 version. The gameplay is much better and it plays more smoothly. JMO so don't take it as gospel fact but I have to score that 360 version a disappointment.

Is anyone going to play Madden Challenge this year?

TexansLucky13
08-23-2006, 12:33 AM
I got it earlier today but barely played it. I got into a franchise and noticed that they STILL don't have a picture for Mathis (WTF?).

the Xbox version seems kinda slow to me but I think I will adjust in time. The highlight stick is a useful addition and the blocker control thing is kinda cool. Once you get good at it you can really do some damage.

To me it just looks like a Madden 06 plus a few additions and a fresh roster. What else is new.

Why is Chad Stanley rated as 78? He is at least 82.

Texansfan36
08-23-2006, 01:10 AM
Has anyone else, who has the x-box version, noticed that most of the first round picks last year have their real life pictures in the player screen, except for Mario. You would think they could find a picture to use for the first pick of the draft. The only other top pick I saw without a real pic was D'Brick. I mean they even have one for Tamba Hali but not Mario. Even EA Sports is against us...:crying:

Thats wierd, on mine they have a Picture of Mario.

Paragon Blue
08-23-2006, 01:32 AM
Just finished playing mine I'm trying to get my player to the Hall of Fame. Overall I like this game alot. Lots of cool new things. Got to go to sleep.

jerek
08-23-2006, 09:03 AM
it's beyond me why they don't have friggin portraits for some and haven't updated a lot of others in 2-3 years ... something any intern can scan and put in the game.

texasguy346
08-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Not being able to edit basic things about a player is pretty irritating. I can't seem to even change a players uniform number. I traded for a starting SS, and it assigned him number 0. Something about that looks wrong, but I couldn't find a way to change it. This might only be a problem with the 360 version, but it appears that they made Wong look black. I can understand some mistakes, but if you can't get players skin tones remotely close to the actual skin tone then you've got problems.

GuerillaBlack
08-23-2006, 09:23 AM
It's EA people. The worst video game developer out there.

stx-texans
08-23-2006, 09:32 AM
Got mine for PS2 yesterday simulated a season with Texans and they went 8-7-1 and missed playoffs by 1/2 game. That seems like a great season to me.

Txn_in_Oki
08-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Just started superstar mode and I'm a halfback. What is up with the camera angle? You can't change the thing so you have an over the shoulder view of your back. You can't see ANYTHING going on around you. Not happy.

Anyone else notice when you look up Hall of Fame players it says that Earl Campbell played for Tennessee? What a *******'n travesty.

:brickwall

powerfuldragon
08-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Just started superstar mode and I'm a halfback. What is up with the camera angle? You can't change the thing so you have an over the shoulder view of your back. You can't see ANYTHING going on around you. Not happy.
that's the point. at least you're a starter and not warming the bench. imagine if you were a special teams blocker only...

Txn_in_Oki
08-23-2006, 01:14 PM
that's the point. at least you're a starter and not warming the bench. imagine if you were a special teams blocker only...

Yeah, I guess. Still not happy though. On to Franchise mode then.

:redtowel:

Double Barrel
08-23-2006, 01:55 PM

Anyone else notice when you look up Hall of Fame players it says that Earl Campbell played for Tennessee? What a *******'n travesty.

:brickwall

yeah, I noticed that about SS mode, too. I tried a QB, but you can't see anything going on. I don't mind not being able to control other players, but they've got to give you the option to move the camera angle up a bit.

I saw Earl's highlights, and they are nice video. But you're right, they've got it under the Titans, and that just ain't right.

jerek
08-23-2006, 02:26 PM
It tends to be dominated by bad students and people who don't hold down a steady job, but I love playing; it's the best you'll find in terms of competition.

I played in 04, sat out last year (scheduling conflict) but look forward to making my return in 06.

I am currently playing on ps2 -- the 360 version pissed me off -- but I'll take on any one who wants to play.

jerek
08-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Oh, and I spent a lot of last night editing the ratings.

TexansLucky13
08-23-2006, 02:30 PM
Oh, and I spent a lot of last night editing the ratings.

How? Can you do it on Xbox? I don't like Demeco Ryans at ROLB, I want him at MLB. Is there a way to permanently change their positions?

jerek
08-23-2006, 02:32 PM
How? Can you do it on Xbox? I don't like Demeco Ryans at ROLB, I want him at MLB. Is there a way to permanently change their positions?

I am now playing the ps2 version ... I will probably either return the 360 version or resell it. So far as I noticed, you couldn't edit the players on the Xbox 360. If you mean the regular Xbox, I would think you could edit it, just like the ps2.

Speaking of--anyone want an Xbox 360 copy? $40 or highest offer; new condition.

El Tejano
08-23-2006, 02:50 PM
At least that precision passing crap isn't there unless you want it anymore.

jerek
08-23-2006, 03:00 PM
At least that precision passing crap isn't there unless you want it anymore.

I actually like the cone ... once you get used to it. Gave me fits for a long time but now that I'm almost accustomed to it, I like it.

Jags&Dawgs
08-23-2006, 05:14 PM
Glad you guys are enjoying the game.:)

Nawzer
08-23-2006, 05:22 PM
The new lead blocking system they implemented is very cool. It takes some getting used to but it's very nice once you get a hang of it. I'm enjoying the Superstar mode and since I didn't buy last year's Madden I'm enjoying it even more. My character got drafted by the Texans in the 3rd round! How cool is that?! I've already replaced David Carr as the starting qb and lead the team to an impressive 42-12 victory over the Eagles!

PapaL
08-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Anyone else not have players/coaches/cheerleaders doing the "EA Sports in the game" thing when the game first loads? Kinda strange not having that. Regular Xbox version.

Str8tupg42k1
08-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Anyone else not have players/coaches/cheerleaders doing the "EA Sports in the game" thing when the game first loads? Kinda strange not having that. Regular Xbox version.

i kinda miss that. everytime it loads i always say "it's in the game" when it says "ea sports"

Hutch13
08-23-2006, 07:43 PM
This is the first year i wont get it. :cool:

mexican_texan
08-23-2006, 07:58 PM
EA isn't getting my $50 for this POS. When they work hard for their product, they'll get some of my cash.

TexanFan881
08-23-2006, 08:33 PM
EA isn't getting my $50 for this POS. When they work hard for their product, they'll get some of my cash.

If you buy it it will only be $40 :heh:

I don't plan on buying it until it's atleast down to $30 around Christmas and even though I'm not buying it I plan on going to my friends house often like I did yesterday when the game came out to go play :)

Stampede
08-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Where is the defense?...Geesh, the college game is even worse. Somethin about scoring 60-70 pts every game that dont seem right. :/

Texansfan36
08-23-2006, 09:43 PM
The new lead blocking system they implemented is very cool. It takes some getting used to but it's very nice once you get a hang of it. I'm enjoying the Superstar mode and since I didn't buy last year's Madden I'm enjoying it even more. My character got drafted by the Texans in the 3rd round! How cool is that?! I've already replaced David Carr as the starting qb and lead the team to an impressive 42-12 victory over the Eagles!

Lucky Dog...I got drafted by the Hags. Whats worse is they won't let me demand a trade.

Hookem Horns
08-24-2006, 12:01 AM
I just got it and started playing. My initial observations on the Texans is similar to the real Texans. Carr seemed erratic (even throws sidearmed in the game) however Rosenfels seemed to be more on target (granted I have only played the first preseason game vs. KC). One surprise so far is WR Kevin Walter. That guy is pretty good in the game. I ran that reverse play with him and he scored a 50 yard TD run. He also led my team in receiving yards (though he was playing against the KC 2nd teamers). I won 52-7.

Speaking of preseason, nice to see the CPU team to start putting in backups during the 2nd half of preseason games. I never noticed that before.

BTW, I have a modded Xbox with a 100 GIG Harddrive. All I have to do is rent games and it copies them to my harddrive. So if I don't like a game I just erase it off my drive. With sports games I just update them every year and erase the previous version (beats paying $60 every year for a new game). I belong to an online rental company and as soon as games come out they send them to me. They probably wonder why I only keeps games for 1 day. :) That modded Xbox was probably one of the best gifts I have ever received.

Txn_in_Oki
08-24-2006, 07:58 AM
In superstar mode I've been drafted by the Falcons, only played in one preseason game. Have a touchdown and a lot of short yardage. In franchise I have the Texans (duh) and have only played the KC game. Carr did okay, 9 of 10 with no drops by AJ. DD seems to get the job done too. Second half, Sage blew it up with 3 TD passes, all to Mathis. My rosters are obviously out of date, I'm not up on Live yet.

Overall, I guess it's an okay game. I've liked Madden more in the past, and I guess now they ASSUME that everyone buys this game every year so we don't need an instruction booklet that worth a crap. No wait, I bet they have that in the cheat book you can buy so they can squeeze an extra 20 out of you.

Wish I had held off and spent my money on the new Splinter Cell instead.

Bullpen Drew
08-24-2006, 08:20 AM
I bought a copy last night...I like the fact that they bumped the Texans up a bit...

I beat the Cowgirls like a red-headed stepchild.

Bullpen Drew
08-24-2006, 08:22 AM
Not on the PS2 either...I liked last year's with the hot cheerleaders...

jerek
08-24-2006, 08:55 AM
Play on All Madden ... sissies ... all of these people saying, "I beat so and so 70-7" ... :francis:

I used to be pretty good at the game, but I haven't played it seriously since 04, so I'm taking time to adjust.

Txn_in_Oki
08-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Play on All Madden ... sissies ... all of these people saying, "I beat so and so 70-7" ... :francis:

I used to be pretty good at the game, but I haven't played it seriously since 04, so I'm taking time to adjust.

Trying to get to that level. Have always been a "throw it up and see" type player but since I want to play on Live and NOT be beaten by every 8 year ond out there, I'm going to actually try to learn how to play the thing right with the jukes and spins and all that.

jerek
08-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Trying to get to that level. Have always been a "throw it up and see" type player but since I want to play on Live and NOT be beaten by every 8 year ond out there, I'm going to actually try to learn how to play the thing right with the jukes and spins and all that.

I brag about this often but I had a 42-game win streak back in school, back in spring of 2004. The game that I lost to end that streak I was BSing around with the Tacks ... but any way, paid for quite a few pizzas with my skill. It got to where I'd have to give long odds to get people to play me: I'd offer something like 6:1 with the condition that I use someone like the Texans and they could use whoever they wanted ... stuff like that. Even back then they were a great sleeper team, along with the Saints and the Browns.

The best way to get good at the game is to start out by running all of the training camp drills on All Madden difficulty, then to play the computer on All Madden or make it a point to play good human comp. Beating your no-good friends is absolutely fun and most of the point to owning the game, but if you really want to get better, I'm sure it's obvious to you that you gotta train on the highest levels.

I played in Madden Challenge in the fall of 2004 (the 05 version, and I got it handed to me also, but that's a different story) but took a steady job over a year ago now, so I just never really got into 06. As a result I'm rusty and have barely been beating the computer (and not good teams at that) on All Madden thus far.

I want to play in this year's challenge so Coach C and I are already playing and yes, practicing for the big event. FWIW I will stake money that Coach C can beat anybody on this board; he taught me everything I know when it comes to that game.

GuerillaBlack
08-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Bring it on Coach C! I haven't gotten the game yet because I wanted an Ipod instead, but when I do, I will look for you on LIVE (360).

flylikeaneagle
08-26-2006, 12:15 PM
I actually got the PC version. So far so good. I got drafted by the Bucs in the 3rd round. Receiver out of UH. I've already started acting like a pompous jerk.

Everybody I know got drafted by the Bucs. What the heck.

Farough
08-26-2006, 01:14 PM
The LE i made got drafted by the dang Jags..

GuerillaBlack
08-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Everybody I know got drafted by the Bucs. What the heck.

In '06, I got drafted by the Vikings. My countract was for three years. after that, I left, and the Texans, Panthers, and Steelers offered me a job. I went to the Texans of course, and have been there for seven years now in the game time. I have still yet to be chosen for a Madden Cover (I am a RB), even after my 1900 yards rushing and 29 touchdown season.

rmartin65
08-26-2006, 03:07 PM
I am a RB for the Pats.

Farough
08-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Has anyone else noticed that if you play defense with your player that your offense(especially quarterback) plays like absolute crap. I was with Seattle when I made a linebacker and Hasselbeck threw at least 5 INTs a game, for 4 games.. thats when i quit playing with that guy.

dat_boy_yec
08-26-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm getting it for the PS3 version. It should be out in Nov. hopefully we will be much improved and the ratings and things will be updated. I'm renting it until then though.

HeartofHouston
08-27-2006, 03:59 PM
I don't know for sure if this has been asked already but I have a DE and when our series is over I'm forced to play the offense too. and if I dont play the Qb usually makes silly decisions like holding the ball to long or scrambling when a WR is open..

So I would like to know if there is a way to, disable the ability to play offense. Liek a "Just Watch Feature"???.. the game says something about a "Pause Menu" and then CPU Control but I searched for almost 10 mins and could not find it..

Please Help..

Peldon
08-27-2006, 04:50 PM
I don't know for sure if this has been asked already but I have a DE and when our series is over I'm forced to play the offense too. and if I dont play the Qb usually makes silly decisions like holding the ball to long or scrambling when a WR is open..

So I would like to know if there is a way to, disable the ability to play offense. Liek a "Just Watch Feature"???.. the game says something about a "Pause Menu" and then CPU Control but I searched for almost 10 mins and could not find it..

Please Help..

Look directly beneath the scoreboard on the right hand side of the pause menu. It will say Team control. I you have x-box just press the left or right trigger to switch to CPU. I don't know what it is on PS but it's probably similar.

HeartofHouston
08-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Look directly beneath the scoreboard on the right hand side of the pause menu. It will say Team control. I you have x-box just press the left or right trigger to switch to CPU. I don't know what it is on PS but it's probably similar.

Thx very much... Grossman got sacked 6 times in a row without it.. just turned CPU control on and he orchestrated a 78yrd TD drive (4/5 56yrds 1TD)..

Texas
08-27-2006, 06:14 PM
I am gettin the Xbox 360 and game in about a week. I start on ALL Madden even though sometimes on ALL Pro...IS that a bad decision? I figure even though I get spanked I could be getting better. I never played madden all that much in the past just against friends and of course won but thats just neighborhood people who arent that good. As far as trainin camp ive done it a few times but it was a on going think like it didnt end. Like theres no end to it. I just got points or whatever and quit. How exactly does the training camp etc. work?

rmartin65
08-27-2006, 06:23 PM
On the 360 version, is there a training camp in franchise? If so, where?

mancunian
08-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Bought the new Madden game and though I like it there are little things that bug.
Firstly the rosters - there's no Anderson, Mcleon, Ramon Walker....
DD is fantastic - I'm playing the Ravens and he's 8 attempts for 45 yards....maybe I should play on all madden not all pro.

Secondly on all pro the CPU pass completion percentage is rubbish. I played as the Bears against the Jags and Leftwich was 12 of 30 odd and 5 interceptions. Second game I played as the Texans and lost to the Panthers - Delhomme 50%.
Dont really want to change the AI as all pro is about my level.

Playing on 15 minutes with the accelerated clock you seem to run close to 70 plays each game.....

rmartin65
08-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Ok, how do I get rid of the Hall of Fame Players? In my Superstar, I am playing against Y.A. Tittle(sp?). Thats not really fair.

Huge
08-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Michael Vick - 2009 NFL MVP

Doesn't go to the Pro Bowl. Why? His passing stats weren't good enough.

Why did he win NFL MVP? Rushing stats - 148 carries, 1,946 yards, 16 TDs

He would've led the league in rushing if not for Shaun Alexander and his record setting 2,286 yards (on 461 carries).