PDA

View Full Version : We are gonna regret Passing on Bush

CyberTexan
08-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Anyone who watched the monday nite game could see Bush is gonna be the real deal he's fun to watch the vision he has is unbelievable , I have this feeling we are gonna regret passing on him even though our running game has been ok thus far just think what Bush could have done. Bush will be one we are gonna kick ourselves over not Young.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
08-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Anyone who watched the monday nite game could see Bush is gonna be the real deal he's fun to watch the vision he has is unbelievable , I have this feeling we are gonna regret passing on him even though our running game has been ok thus far just think what Bush could have done. Bush will be one we are gonna kick ourselves over not Young.

What game were you watching? In the one I watched he couldn't turn the corner on a defensive end. In the game I watched he had 4 carries for seven yards. I'm not considering kicking anything for Bush or Young.

Kaiser Toro

Someone only watched the Espn highlights.

brocktoon
Maybe the Texans will regret passing on Bush, but you should probably wait for something better than 21 total yards to make your 'point'.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
08-21-2006, 10:03 PM

Here, here! They slathered over Bush while they showed those horrible stats on the screen. I felt sorry for Michelle Tafoya. She had to follow that dribble up by interviewing Bush. He knew he had a crappy game! You could tell by the way he answered her questions. Why can't they see it?

HJam72
08-21-2006, 10:03 PM
The blind (ESPN) leading the blind (people who actually watch ESPN).

Bamaborn-Texasbred
08-21-2006, 10:04 PM
You've got to be kidding me. Ware put him in his place tonight. Did they show that on the ESPN highlights?

No they didn't! It was the most telling play of the game. That guy isn't even one of the best 15 defensive ends in football. He ran Bush to the sideline like he was running in mud.

Tedc
08-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Sometimes it doesn't matter if it is in full color only inches away from thier face. People see what they want and believe what they will. Facts only get in the way.

sprtsfanatic
thats hilarious....i just posted a post on the exact same thing and how bush did absolutely jack squat but how espn was so enamoured with his performance.

Hookem Horns

LOL.

CyberTexan
08-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Im talking about the way he moves reminds you of Barry Sanders , the way he can stop in his tracks and change course im not talking about the stats , I thought Mario was the best decision but I just think we are gonna regret not having Bush later.

Texansfan36
08-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Don't forget him grabbing the attention of the dallas defenders so brees could throw a 15 yard pass to a reciever on the OPPOSITE side of the field.

Honoring Earl 34
08-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Reggie could lead the Saints to the #1 overall pick next year ... but it'll will be exciting .

Bamaborn-Texasbred
08-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Im talking about the way he moves reminds you of Barry Sanders , the way he can stop in his tracks and change course im not talking about the stats , I thought Mario was the best decision but I just think we are gonna regret not having Bush later.

Now you are waffling. Either stand by your comment or refute it. I suggest you refute it. He did not look marvelous, amazing, fantastic, or anywhere near unstoppable tonight. The Cowboy D is good, but it isn't the 85 Bears. It sure is alot better than Fresno State though!

Stampede
08-21-2006, 10:09 PM

Nothing to say except...huh? We really need to improve our school system here in Houston.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
08-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Nothing to say except...huh? We really need to improve our school system here in Houston.

hahahahahahaha:heh:

Mike Kerns
08-21-2006, 10:11 PM
I don't understand why everyone thinks they have to put Reggie down just because we didn't draft him....He's not a Texan, why does everyone care so much?

Kaiser Toro
08-21-2006, 10:11 PM
Now you are waffling. Either stand by your comment or refute it. I suggest you refute it. He did not look marvelous, amazing, fantastic, or anywhere near unstoppable tonight. The Cowboy D is good, but it isn't the 85 Bears. It sure is alot better than Fresno State though!

You say Fresno, I say Fresyes.

LBC_Justin
08-21-2006, 10:13 PM
when i first read this i thought you were being sarcastic. I still can't tell.

anyways...

4 carries for 7 total rushing yards. One of them was a 9 yard run.
If he got 9 yards on one run and he ended up with 7 total yards of rushing, you do the math on how those other 3 carries went.

I suspect this will be a quiet week from the bush fans and the saint trolls.

I still think Bush will do just fine in the NFL, but he was not a fit for out team and the very minimal amount of added production he would have added to our roster was not worth the money he was paid, nor would it have been the worth the player we would have had to pass up to get him. I'll take that freakishly talented, very hard to find DE.

da.texans
08-21-2006, 10:14 PM

i was like huh?????did i just watch some other game ???? cause in the game i watch reggie GOD run 4 for 7 yards and 2 catch for 14 yards....damn How dare we pass on Reggie GOD

swisher
08-21-2006, 10:16 PM

Stuart Scott? Is that you?

Bamaborn-Texasbred
08-21-2006, 10:17 PM
You say Fresno, I say Fresyes.

I say Lendale (sp?) White was the best running back at the Rose Bowl, but only if you count Vince Young as a quarterback. There are lots of things to debate in that sentence. We should meet for an adult beverage sometime and talk about it.

RiotCommander
08-21-2006, 10:18 PM

Are you related to Stewart Scott by chance?

Bamaborn-Texasbred
08-21-2006, 10:19 PM
I think cybertexan is Mel Kiper, Jr.

dat_boy_yec
08-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Bush was manhandled tonight, Ware took him down with one hand in the wide open field and as far as those cuts go they weren't all that spectacular. He didn't completely change directions and he was slamed to the ground from behind. Not saying he won't be a good back, but tonight's game you could see they were reaching. Did you see him evade those defenders, ignore the one that actually got him right afterwards, but he's just sooooo great. They need to quit jocking him.

DocBar
08-21-2006, 10:26 PM
This HAS to be the funniest thread I've seen in a LOOOOOONG time. Maybe we should start cyber drug testing. The blather coming from Sportscenter actually made me laugh out loud. I mean I laughed like I was watching Larry the Cable Guy.

FILO_girl
08-21-2006, 10:29 PM
I was getting ill over all the Katrina references. Enough already.

Anyone email Tony Kornheiser on his question about if we would regret not drafting RB? I did....while it was a good email and very tasteful and tactful, I was sure mine wouldn't make TV. The last line had something to do with the first line of this post. :whistle:

I am listening to Sports Center, wow! Reggie Bush played the Cowboys tonight. The irony is that even though that team from N Texas is on my #2 list, it was somewhat pleasing to me to notice that a T O-less Cowpie team stomped a Saint Reggie-led homeless team from N O. One person doesn't make a team. Too bad, I could like Reggie too but the media machine makes me loathe him. I don't want to, but THEY are relentless on this.

fastpitchwoof
08-21-2006, 10:37 PM
For crying out loud. Bush is a tremendous talent. No question about it. You are comparing a RB with a D-Lineman. What sounds better? 15 caries for 125 yards and 2 TD's or no sacks 2 tackles and 1 assisted tackle. Obviously the RB stats are more impressive. But stats don't mean s*&$. Barry Sanders was one of the greatest ever. How many times did his TEAM compete for a championship. I'll bet that the Lions would take it if they didn't have Sanders but had another consistent and productive (but unspectacular) RB. Plus a stud D-Lineman that freed up others (even though the stud D-Lineman didn't have 20 sacks in a year). Plus a solid QB with a couple of good recievers. This would have won more games and gotten the Lions closer to a championship. Maybe their RB would not lead off the ESPN highlight package each night but wins are more important.

Would I like Bush to be on the Texans?? Sure, BUT I would rather have the RBs we have now and Mario. Mario gives us an icredibly versitile D-Lineman who will tie up blockers, force an offense to scheme for him and free up other athletes who couldn't get it on their own.

Bush will get more headlines.

Wait until 10 - 12 have gone by and let's judge these guys then. If you want highlights and stats... set the level in Madden to rookie and you can get all the highlights you want. If you want championships build a team.

I belive we are doing that. This team had a lot of holes that can't be fixed in 1 offseason. But I like what we are doing. We are going up not down.

TexanSam
08-21-2006, 10:40 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed Stuart Scott on Sportscenter trying to make it sound as if Reggie Bush had a great game. Getting excited over a 9 yard run and making it sound as if scored a 50 yard touchdown takes talent. I'm sure it's not all Stuart Scott though. I bet ESPN execs won't allow Bush to be criticized in the opening segment, especially when everyone at ESPN has basically hailed him as the greatest player ever.

TexanSam
08-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Wait until 10 - 12 have gone by and let's judge these guys then.

While I don't think we should wait 10-12 years to judge them, let's not do it on two preseason game either. Especially two games where neither has played more than a half. Let's judge them after each season has gone by.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
08-21-2006, 10:44 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed Stuart Scott on Sportscenter trying to make it sound as if Reggie Bush had a great game. Getting excited over a 9 yard run and making it sound as if scored a 50 yard touchdown takes talent. I'm sure it's not all Stuart Scott though. I bet ESPN execs won't allow Bush to be criticized in the opening segment, especially when everyone at ESPN has basically hailed him as the greatest player ever.

Bush is going to make a good story for them one way or the other. He will either live up to their hype, or he will fail. Either way, they win.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-21-2006, 10:45 PM

CyberTexan,

Read this whole thread and get back to us...

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=26799

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-21-2006, 10:45 PM

BINGO! $$$$$$$$$

fastpitchwoof
08-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Agreed Texan Sam. I'm just sick of this season turning into Mario vs Reggie. How about the Texans vs whoever is next on the schedule? Last I checked, this aint 1 on 1 basketball on the playground. Heck if it was 1 on 1 at almost anything I'd still take Mario. Damn this guy is huge.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Agreed Texan Sam. I'm just sick of this season turning into Mario vs Reggie. How about the Texans vs whoever is next on the schedule? Last I checked, this aint 1 on 1 basketball on the playground. Heck if it was 1 on 1 at almost anything I'd still take Mario. Damn this guy is huge.

Oh a side note. One of the St. Louis sideline reporters said that "If I could be born as the ideal DE, I would ask to be Mario Williams. The guy is huge! Big legs, big arms, big body..."

I think he went down on the sidelines and took a look at Mario before the game. One of the things that amazes me is how long/huge his arms are.

K.D.
08-21-2006, 10:58 PM

Yo Cyber get over it dogg!! There's a reason Kube didn't want Reggie Tush, the guy is not disciplined at all. All his carries he tries to bust to the outside even though the play call is between the guard and tackle. His first carry he tried to do the spin move he put on the titans, but against a pretty good defense that ain't gonna work. Kube's knew straight off the bat he didn't want this guy and I doubt anyone regets it unless your name is :fireball: CyberTexan/Stuart "Crooked Eye" Scott

infantrycak
08-21-2006, 11:14 PM
No they didn't! It was the most telling play of the game. That guy isn't even one of the best 15 defensive ends in football. He ran Bush to the sideline like he was running in mud.

FYI--Ware plays OLB so it would be tough for him to be a top 15 DE.

I don't understand why everyone thinks they have to put Reggie down just because we didn't draft him....He's not a Texan, why does everyone care so much?

While normally I agree there is no reason to run down one player just to support another, if you hype a guy on a night he looked anything but like the highest paid RB in the NFL, you are going to draw some negative comments.

Now since this thread actually has nothing to do with the Texans--off to the NFL forum.

The Pencil Neck
08-21-2006, 11:15 PM

This is exactly what my knock on Bush has always been. Look at the stats from these past two games. Tonight, his biggest run was for 9 yards and yet he ended up with a total of 7 yards rushing. That means if you total up all his other runs, they come out to -2 yards. That's not good.

At the very, absolute best, I expect him to be a cheap imitation of Barry Sanders who needs a lot of touches that go for between -2 to 2 yards and then finally, on his 35th touch, when the game is already lost, he finally breaks an amazing run and ends up with over a hundred yards for the game. He'll be exciting to watch but he'll kill so many drives that it will be very hard to win with him. And when it comes time for the playoffs, he'll disappear.

And that's the very best I'd expect from him.

Obviously, I don't expect to regret this pick at all.

The Pencil Neck
08-21-2006, 11:22 PM

Probably because every time any sports commentator mentions us, the first thing they say is how stupid we are for not choosing Bush. If you watch PTI or Cold Pizza or Sportscenter or whatever, it's always "The Houston Texans, who were really dumb for not picking Bush with the first pick, had a good training camp today, even though Reggie Bush wasn't there."

I mean, come on. We choose a guy we needed that was in the top 5 players on most boards, and suddenly it's a Bowie/Jordan situation before either of them ever even sees the field.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
08-21-2006, 11:23 PM
FYI--Ware plays OLB so it would be tough for him to be a top 15 DE.

Sorry. Forgot I was watching a 3-4 defense and made the assumption when I saw him down on the line wearing number 94.

HJam72
08-21-2006, 11:25 PM
Ever stop to think that maybe Bush is Bowie, they've got it backwards, and we made the right choice?

infantrycak
08-21-2006, 11:25 PM
We choose a guy we needed that was in the top 5 players on most boards

Reports were Mario was #1 on 7 teams' boards and #2 on all the rest. Like any rumor there is probably some error such as now there is a report the Broncos had Cutler #1 on their board--of course that one came out after Cutler's 1st preseason showing.

RiotCommander
08-21-2006, 11:27 PM
That sounds like something said just to make a player feel better. Yes, Culter has looked good so far this year, but I think I would have drafted Leinart before him.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-21-2006, 11:28 PM
This is exactly what my knock on Bush has always been. Look at the stats from these past two games. Tonight, his biggest run was for 9 yards and yet he ended up with a total of 7 yards rushing. That means if you total up all his other runs, they come out to -2 yards. That's not good.

At the very, absolute best, I expect him to be a cheap imitation of Barry Sanders who needs a lot of touches that go for between -2 to 2 yards and then finally, on his 35th touch, when the game is already lost, he finally breaks an amazing run and ends up with over a hundred yards for the game. He'll be exciting to watch but he'll kill so many drives that it will be very hard to win with him. And when it comes time for the playoffs, he'll disappear.

And that's the very best I'd expect from him.

Obviously, I don't expect to regret this pick at all.

Yep. Even if I was to give him more yards than you did (my hypothetical), he still creates a problem for his team...it goes like this...

Reggie for 3 yards,
Reggie for 6 yards,
Reggie for 1 yards,

Reggie for 55 yards -- now, because of this run it creates the following situation...

Reggie for 3 yards,
Reggie for -4 yards,
Reggie for 1 yard -- They give him the ball more than they should. As if they are waiting for him to do "it" again. And this takes away from the other players involvement. I call it a Sanders effect.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-21-2006, 11:34 PM
Ever stop to think that maybe Bush is Bowie, they've got it backwards, and we made the right choice?

Yes, that has crossed my mind. But I'm going to wait and see about that. Because Mario might be Olajuwon (at least defensively). But I hate the NBA comparison regarding Jordan because that's sooooooooo far from the truth.

Jordan wasn't just a "versatile" player. He was dominating player on almost every aspect of the game.

For Reggie Bush to be like Jordan. He's have to be a 2000 yard back, have power like Terrell Davis, speed like Bo Jackson, quickness like Barry Sanders and smarts like Emmitt Smith. Oh, and he's also have to be a defensive player like Mike Singletary.

thunderkyss
08-21-2006, 11:39 PM
What game were you watching? In the one I watched he couldn't turn the corner on a defensive end. In the game I watched he had 4 carries for seven yards. I'm not considering kicking anything for Bush or Young.

Demarcus Ware is an OLB........ 3-4. But he one handed Reggie..... it's not just the speed of NFL Defenses, it's their strength, it's their intelligence.

But I can see that Reggie is going to be everything ESPN thinks he will be. no doubt.

Problem is I still don't see why we'll be kicking ourselves for anything. As long as we take care of our business. If we continue to score 27 points, as long as our boys run for a hundred and some odd yards a game...... what would we be sorry for?? Not being on ESPN??

RiotCommander
08-21-2006, 11:40 PM
They care because they REALLY wanted him and didn't get him. so now just like kids they want to down him to divert attention off Mario...I really don't understand it but that's the Texans fans insecurity i guess..

Your back just ran for a total of 7 yards tonight. You need to crawl back into whatever hole you came from until he has a good night. ESPN may support your 9 yard run, but I think we both know Reggie got stuffed tonight.

Texansfan36
08-21-2006, 11:41 PM
They care because they REALLY wanted him and didn't get him. so now just like kids they want to down him to divert attention off Mario...I really don't understand it but that's the Texans fans insecurity i guess..

We put down on Reggie Bush because of trolls like this. Ok we passed on him. Then ESPN and all of these so called analysts says that we made a monumental mistake and start craping on Mario. We are fed up with it, like tonight Reggie had a horrbile game yet ESPN acts like what he did was the second coming of christ. If we didn't have all these morons bringing up the fact that we passed on him you wouldn't hear anything about it. But for some reason the 5 year olds that jumped on NO's bandwagon because they got Reggie come over here and act like we are going to football heck (like we haven't been there before). The hate isn't toward Reggie its toward ESPN and Trolls like Mr. Saint here.

TexanSam

It's actually because of all the media hype behind this guy. Texans fans are ticked off at ESPN, Sports Illustrated, etc.. who keep bashing the Texans for passing Reggie Bush. For instance, instead of grading the Texans on how they did in the draft with the players we chose, they grade it on the player we didn't choose. We're tired of the national sports media saying how dumb we were for bypassing Reggie Bush. Enough already.

Smash_Mouth_Mario

Actually it goes like this.

Some wanted Bush. Some wanted Vince. Some wanted Mario. All were risk since no one can be sure how they will do in the NFL in the long run.

Me personally, wanted either Bush or Mario but thought Mario was a longshot. But since they took Mario. I started to understand why they did (defensive reasons and because of the Colts). After we picked Mario. It was only after the ESPN hype and haters started to come around and bash our pragmatic decision. That's what created the backlash.

So, please don't come here and act like we are "like kids." In fact, the "kids" are more like the Saints fans that come around here and say, "Ha ha!" and point their fingers.

So, pot meet kettle. :stirpot:

thunderkyss
08-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Reports were Mario was #1 on 7 teams' boards and #2 on all the rest. Like any rumor there is probably some error such as now there is a report the Broncos had Cutler #1 on their board--of course that one came out after Cutler's 1st preseason showing.

I can believe that... they were picking what....... ?? 29??

I'm sure there were a lot of folks not even on their board.

Carr Bombed
08-21-2006, 11:47 PM

WRONG We care because everytime we turn on our tube, we have to here the media say how stupid we are for passing on their goldon boy. (although no stat so far or preseason performance supports it, in fact all of them and I mean all of them support our decision for passing on him.) We are in the league leaders in sacks/rushing yards allowed and we are in the top three is every major rushing cat.

Why would we want to divert attention off of Mario, so far he has had a better preseason then Bush. He had a good game Sat. Bush had ONE, I repeat ONE good run so far against a broken run defense..........WOW. :rolleyes:

Its hillarious listening ESPN make excuses and overhype Bush, but in the same breath, try to make Mario look bad, this is going to be a entertaining season.

thunderkyss
08-21-2006, 11:48 PM

no....... as long as we aren't Portland, it doesn't matter.

We're Houston, and Houston made the right decision then, and we made the right decision in April.

We've got Runningbacks..... I bet the Saints are thinking of a couple of other players that would've been helpful in that spot....

D'Brickshaw maybe???

RiotCommander
08-21-2006, 11:50 PM
NFL Live just gave a more realistic highlight of Bush. Also showing him getting delt with by Dallas. They showed how he loves to cut back East and West. They said he needs to battle for the shorts yards too. I just don't see Bush as a guy thats going to grind it out for 3 yards here 5 yards there.

thunderkyss
08-21-2006, 11:52 PM

I guess you don't hear all the ESPN hacks calling us stupid??

we've got our reasons...... and I think we're justified...........

if you don't like it, why do you hang here?? you know this is what we do. If you don't want to hear any negatives about Reggie, go hang out on the Cowboy forum. I'm sure they'd love to have you on Cowboys-forum.com tonight.

thunderkyss
08-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Your back just ran for a total of 7 yards tonight. You need to crawl back into whatever hole you came from until he has a good night. ESPN may support your 9 yard run, but I think we both know Reggie got stuffed tonight.

you know I'd be upset as well, if I had $150 million($150,000,000.00) tied up in a backfield that can not produce one touchdown in the preseason.

but then again, it's just preseason.

thunderkyss
08-21-2006, 11:56 PM
We put down on Reggie Bush because of trolls like this. Ok we passed on him. Then ESPN and all of these so called analysts says that we made a monumental mistake and start craping on Mario. We are fed up with it, like tonight Reggie had a horrbile game yet ESPN acts like what he did was the second coming of christ. If we didn't have all these morons bringing up the fact that we passed on him you wouldn't hear anything about it. But for some reason the 5 year olds that jumped on NO's bandwagon because they got Reggie come over here and act like we are going to football heck (like we haven't been there before). The hate isn't toward Reggie its toward ESPN and Trolls like Mr. Saint here.

True..... true...... D'brick, Vince, and Cutler are all having much better preseasons than Reggie..... but you don't see us tearing them down.

Texansfan36
08-22-2006, 12:03 AM
NFL Live just gave a more realistic highlight of Bush. Also showing him getting delt with by Dallas. They showed how he loves to cut back East and West. They said he needs to battle for the shorts yards too. I just don't see Bush as a guy thats going to grind it out for 3 yards here 5 yards there.

Yep...I'm starting to thing that Mark Schelereth is the only analyst actually watching the game. Its about time one of them gets it right.

Texansfan36
08-22-2006, 12:06 AM
True..... true...... D'brick, Vince, and Cutler are all having much better preseasons than Reggie..... but you don't see us tearing them down.

Exactly, If it wasn't for ESPN and the morons they hired, we would all be fine with the saints taking Reggie. The only thing we're doing is defending our team and the player we picked. All this crap has me :brickwall its enough to make anyone go crazy.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-22-2006, 12:08 AM
REGGIE talk and thanks for y'all providing it

You mean that Reggie is a versatile speedy TB and will get some exciting runs now and again, but is NOT the the saviour that you think he is? No problem.

K.D.
08-22-2006, 12:14 AM
Yo broussard saint, enough about RB, where in the hell is ya'll defense at. That's what you need to worry about!!:hides:

Texansfan36
08-22-2006, 12:16 AM
Yo broussard saint, enough about RB, where in the hell is ya'll defense at. That's what you need to worry about!!:hides:
He couldn't tell you He isn't a fan of the saints he's a fan of Reggie. For someone who claimed to be a TEXANS fan he sure didn't pop up until the Aint's got you know who.

RiotCommander
08-22-2006, 12:17 AM
YEA that's what i mean. i get REGGIE talk from the SAINTS forums, Espn, and the texans forum. I love the good laughs off this forum the most. (so much jealously) :)

All I have to say to you is

11 rushes for 95yards 2 touchdowns 43yrd longest run

Thats one game by Morency. Come say jealous again when you see Bush do that.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-22-2006, 12:18 AM
YEA that's what i mean. i get REGGIE talk from the SAINTS forums, Espn, and the texans forum. I love the good laughs off this forum the most. (so much jealously) :)

It's called ESPN annoyance.

Come back at the end of the season and we'll talk about if some still "want" Reggie on the Texans over Mario. And that's when the reality will be apparent. What you call "jealously" I call over-hyped ESPN. It's not objective. That's what is the issue.

"good laughs"

You mock. Beware...

TexanSam
08-22-2006, 12:20 AM

Here's one other stat: 16 carries 99 yards by Wali Lundy. If I'm not mistaken, that's two running backs who have looked better than Reggie Bush this offseason.

Texansfan36
08-22-2006, 12:23 AM

And all I have to say about that is, WE MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE WITH SUPER MARIO.:tease: :fireball: :bowser: :mario:

Carr Bombed
08-22-2006, 12:24 AM

Yeah we're jealous :rolleyes: Keep telling yourself that if it will help yourself sleep better tonight

FILO_girl
08-22-2006, 12:46 AM

Jealous of what? He neglected to find the endzone again. Our 6th round draft pick seems to know exactly where it is, is your #1 lost on that big, scary field? What I have seen so far has just reinforced the fact that our coach has some marbles and didn't let the media or message board trolls tell him who to pick.

Enjoy your newest player. What was the final score again? :tease:

thunderkyss
08-22-2006, 12:47 AM

Please check my posts......... I ain't mad atcha..........

not a jealous bone in my body.

I'm hoping you guys are starting to realize what a waste he was though...... you guy could've done so much more with that money. Like rebuilding your stadium, instead of taking Charity......

OH guys.... You've got to watch NFL Total Access........ Rod Woodson breaks down Reggie Bush a lot better than Shleraallatth did....and he came out with the truth before ESPN.

thunderkyss
08-22-2006, 12:51 AM
Here's one other stat: 16 carries 99 yards by Wali Lundy. If I'm not mistaken, that's two running backs who have looked better than Reggie Bush this offseason.

uh........ didn't Lundy get a touchdown as well?? that's two runningbacks on our team that managed to get into the endzone in one game..... actually this past saturday, it was one running back in the endzone twice, and in the first game, it was two runningbacks once a piece......... and Reggie hasn't been inside the 5 yet......

thunderkyss
08-22-2006, 12:53 AM
Jealous of what? He neglected to find the endzone again. Our 6th round draft pick seems to know exactly where it is, is your #1 lost on that big, scary field? What I have seen so far has just reinforced the fact that our coach has some marbles and didn't let the media or message board trolls tell him who to pick.

Enjoy your newest player. What was the final score again? :tease:

True.... I think in this scenario, we are Houston..... N.O. is Portland..... and NYJ is Chicago.....

TexanSam
08-22-2006, 01:11 AM
uh........ didn't Lundy get a touchdown as well?? that's two runningbacks on our team that managed to get into the endzone in one game..... actually this past saturday, it was one running back in the endzone twice, and in the first game, it was two runningbacks once a piece......... and Reggie hasn't been inside the 5 yet......

He did, I just forgot to mention it.

thunderkyss
08-22-2006, 01:27 AM
What's interesting about you're info.??? It's all blogs from Texan fans. noting all positive things. I guess you won't post anything negative from some of the fans that KNOW you're F.O should have picked Reggie or Vince.

This is not allowed....... not if you're a fan..... everytime you say,"hehe I told ya the Texans should've drafted Reggie" that's going to get some negative vibes around here.

And to call our fans ignorant, because we don't feel we need another running back....... considering what we have on our team, and our coach coming in........ is ignorant.

HJam72
08-22-2006, 01:30 AM
OH guys.... You've got to watch NFL Total Access........ Rod Woodson breaks down Reggie Bush a lot better than Shleraallatth did....and he came out with the truth before ESPN.

Rod Woodson has always been a hard hitter both on and off the field. Yeah, he'll tell it like it is.

TexanSam
08-22-2006, 01:34 AM

What did Mark Schlereth say? I can't stand the guy, so I'd like to hear his comments so I can ridicule him!

Mysteryhunt
08-22-2006, 04:16 AM
you know I'd be upset as well, if I had $150 million($150,000,000.00) tied up in a backfield that can not produce one touchdown in the preseason.

but then again, it's just preseason.

awesome quote! pretty much spells out exactly how i feel.

michaelm
08-22-2006, 04:25 AM
Team Rushing

HOUSTON TEXANS

Rushing Yards Per Game -158.0 - NFL RANK 3rd
Rushing Touchdowns - 5 - NFL Rank 1st

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

Rushing Yards Per Game - 93.5 - NFL Rank 22nd
Rushing Touchdowns - 1 - NFL Rank - Tied w/ many for 12th(second to last)

STANDINGS

Team--------- W- L -T -PF- PA
Houston -------2 -0 -0 -51 -34
New Orleans -- 1 -1 - 0 -26 -46

... those of you who are inclined to point out that it's preseason... please, just resist the urge...

michaelm
08-22-2006, 04:34 AM
In other news, Reggie Bush pulled off a move of epic proportions on Monday Night Football when he instantaneously changed his name to Jamal Branch, scored a touchdown, and then reverted to being Reggie Bush.
Am I the only one who saw this?

Ibar_Harry
08-22-2006, 04:40 AM
Tonight he got 2 receptions for 14 yards and netted 7 yards on 4 rushes. Boy, those are amazing statistics. That would be about 7 games worth to reach Morancy's total for 1 game. New Orleans had a real hard time against Dallas. I thought was strange when I found stuff on Dallas, but no mention of NO and Bush. I guess we know why now.

Its really funny, because right now I would say our rookie is in better shape than the other two people he's being compared to. Time will tell, but I think Mario is just beginning to come out of his shell. He's making progress each game and the others are not. Our coaches have confidence in him and are trying to build the young man up. He's really blessed to play for such a group of coaches.

Have you read what McLeon(spelling) said. If you haven't its worth a look. Here's another guy saying we are flying under the radar and his hopes and desires seem to match my predictions. He's also saying what I'm saying about this team. I keep saying this team could produce a once in a decade type of event. It gets more exciting every day and I think Kubiak knows it. I think the coaches can't believe the talent they have on this team and how botched it was by the previous staff. We get a little stronger each outing.

HJam72
08-22-2006, 04:47 AM
The Eagles message board has little to say about the Texans at this point, but what they do say is seriously underestimative. They still think we're going to lead the league in sacks allowed and not one of them even seems to know that Mario Williams even exists. Some of them think that Eric Moulds is our #1 receiver and don't even know about AJ. They also assume that our run blocking must be horrible as well, because, after all, our O-line sucks. There may be some upset Philly fans in about 3 wks.

Sarg01
08-22-2006, 04:50 AM
There may be some upset Philly fans in about 3 wks.

Good. Always makes for fun reading on their message boards. Don't even have to post anything - they're all busy hanging themselves.

Malloy
08-22-2006, 05:02 AM
I watched the first half of the Saints-Cowboys game online last night, and in defense of Bush (does he really need it?) the entire offense looked horrible. I know it's pre-season and that you're trying out players, formations and such, but the only player that they really evaluated in the first half was their punter.

As for the Eagles, and the entire season all-together, I believe that our rush defence is our biggest asset. I am a little sceptical in regards to our secondary, not because our starters are not good (I believe they are) but because our depth is, somewhat lacking. IF our rush defense will be as successful as I think it will, our secondary will get even more action, meaning that we might need even better backups.

This is pre-season so I expect our entire offense and defense to be 99% vanilla, so if we can put consistant pressure on opposing QB's, then we will be just fine in our secondary.

beerlover
08-22-2006, 05:08 AM
Its Dexter McCleon, & U can bet he'll not only make the cut he'll get significant minutes in the starting lineup, I love the way this guy tracks down the wideouts, not really cover like a CB, but track down more like a FS.

Concerning Bush don't worry be happy, NO needed a high profile player to carry their hopes & futue dreams. Houston on the otherhand needed a defensive game breaker, a match-up nightmare & payback for Carrs over-allotment of sacks :fireball:

dalemurphy
08-22-2006, 07:04 AM
I watched the first half of the Saints-Cowboys game online last night, and in defense of Bush (does he really need it?) the entire offense looked horrible. I know it's pre-season and that you're trying out players, formations and such, but the only player that they really evaluated in the first half was their punter.

As for the Eagles, and the entire season all-together, I believe that our rush defence is our biggest asset. I am a little sceptical in regards to our secondary, not because our starters are not good (I believe they are) but because our depth is, somewhat lacking. IF our rush defense will be as successful as I think it will, our secondary will get even more action, meaning that we might need even better backups.

This is pre-season so I expect our entire offense and defense to be 99% vanilla, so if we can put consistant pressure on opposing QB's, then we will be just fine in our secondary.

Hmm, so I guess a RB isn't a panacea. Apparently, in this game of football, one player doesn't reverse the fortunes of an entire organization? I would've thought that an undersized backup RB that always bounces to the outside could single-handedly take a struggling offense and turn it in to a jugernaut. I assumed Reggie Bush was going to make a bigger impact than guys like: Walter Payton, Marshall Faulk, Ladanian Tomlinson, Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, who simply weren't talented enough to come into the league and make their team champions.:sarcasm:

Cjeremy635
08-22-2006, 07:33 AM
Hmm, so I guess a RB isn't a panacea. Apparently, in this game of football, one player doesn't reverse the fortunes of an entire organization? I would've thought that an undersized backup RB that always bounces to the outside could single-handedly take a struggling offense and turn it in to a jugernaut. I assumed Reggie Bush was going to make a bigger impact than guys like: Walter Payton, Marshall Faulk, Ladanian Tomlinson, Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, who simply weren't talented enough to come into the league and make their team champions.:sarcasm:

I was thinking the same thing. I watched that game last night and couldn't help but remember all the talk of how Reggie could single handedly turn our offense/team around with his play. The broadcasters last night still ripped us for not choosing him. Did you catch the part where they were talking amongst themselves and they asked whether you would rather have the Reggie on highlights or one that runs between the tackles and they said the highlight guy. Not suprising....but the highlights will be fewer and far between in the NFL. They praised him for saying he wanted to be the best running back ever that played in the NFL. Huh? Doesn't every player that plays in the NFL want to be the best ever at their respective position? I don't think they say, "I want to be the 5th best running back or the worst tackle ever!" :brickwall

HJam72
08-22-2006, 07:37 AM
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure Wand would like to be about the 20th best LT ever. :hides:

HJam72
08-22-2006, 07:39 AM
I don't really think Bush's attitude is going to make or break him. The problem with him is he has not shown that he can bust it inside, take hits, and drive forward. He's an extremely gifted college player....well, until UT's defense comes to play. Then he's just good, but not great. Then he sees a good NFL defense and he's a scat-back who can't be relied on at all.

I have a theory about Bush winding up being a pretty darn good receiver in the NFL--and maybe VY too.

Kaiser Toro
08-22-2006, 07:48 AM

If it looks and smells like a rat.....

Txn_in_Oki
08-22-2006, 07:51 AM
Barry Sanders made a lot of highlight worthy runs. When did the Lions win their last championship?

The talking heads always need something to jibber-jabber about and a guy like Bush is more interesting than a guy like Mario. They can have the highlight reels, I'll happily take the points for the win column in trade.

HJam72
08-22-2006, 07:52 AM
If it looks and smells like a rat.....

I resemble that remark. :brickwall

El Tejano
08-22-2006, 08:02 AM
The part that gets me mad is how they made every excuse known to man for this guy. "Oh well you know Dallas was to tackle Bush", "Oh everyone is fast in the NFL" "Oh he doesn't have to be an inside guy".

Mario has a bad game and he is a bust of a pick. Yet when he has a good game and they see the effect he has on the game.....well we just didn't see that.

Mr. White
08-22-2006, 08:02 AM
The only thing I regret is the time that I spend reading threads about the Texans passing up Reggie Bush.

We didn't need him so we didn't take him.

That ship sailed on April 28th.

HJam72
08-22-2006, 08:04 AM
I wanna know when Mario is gonna get to tackle Bush for a 3 yrd. loss. That's what I wanna know.

thunderkyss
08-22-2006, 08:20 AM
The Eagles message board has little to say about the Texans at this point, but what they do say is seriously underestimative. They still think we're going to lead the league in sacks allowed and not one of them even seems to know that Mario Williams even exists. Some of them think that Eric Moulds is our #1 receiver and don't even know about AJ. They also assume that our run blocking must be horrible as well, because, after all, our O-line sucks. There may be some upset Philly fans in about 3 wks.

that would mean something if those guys run the team...... I'm sure Reid knows what time it is.....

Texas_Thrill
08-22-2006, 08:51 AM

Agreed. I wish Reggie all the best. Though I think it probably has something to do with folks still talking about us regretting not taking him. Rubs apparently everyone the wrong way.

Let's face it there will be some bust in the top 10 of this past draft. Let's just hope its not us.

JDizzle
08-22-2006, 08:54 AM
I wanna know when Mario is gonna get to tackle Bush for a 3 yrd. loss. That's what I wanna know.

I believe we play that division next year.

edo783
08-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it game 2 of preseason? Aren't defenses running just vanila schemes? Don't running backs typically do well/better in preseason than the regular season? The greatest back in 100 years or what ever, then should have been zooming all over the place. ????????? Must be something wrong there. Not sure what.

The Pencil Neck
08-22-2006, 09:07 AM
that would mean something if those guys run the team...... I'm sure Reid knows what time it is.....

You must spread some reputation around before... blah blah blah.

The Eagle's coaches are scary. They've been winners for a reason.

Headlights of a Carr
08-26-2006, 02:53 PM

Beacause he is not a Texan. He is employed by another team that we don't care about and it is being shoved down our throat that we made a mistake by not drafting Bush and going with defense that we sorely needed. We upgraded our offense before and during the draft.:homer: