PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Lewis? Over Armstrong and Anderson?

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Do you like Derrick Lewis over Derick Armstrong or David Anderson? Who do you think will get the most PT behind AJ and Moulds?

Derrick Lewis #86 | Wide Receiver
Height: 6-2
Weight: 185
Born: Oct 30, 1975 - New Orleans, LA
College: San Diego State
Draft: None

RTP2110
08-21-2006, 08:37 PM
AJ
Moulds
Walter
Lewis
Schifino (until Mathis returns, then Mathis at #5)

That's the way I see it as of now. I'd like to see Armstrong on the roster, but it seems like the coaching staff just isn't very high on him.

qtab
08-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Does anyone have any knowledge on why both this staff and the previous staff don't like Armstrong? Whenever he's in he seems to find openings and always catches the ball and turns upfield. Is he slow? Can't block? Lazy in practice? I've always liked the guy and wish he'd get a chance to play.

That's the way I see it as of now. I'd like to see Armstrong on the roster, but it seems like the coaching staff just isn't very high on him.

Scooter
08-21-2006, 11:58 PM
Does anyone have any knowledge on why both this staff and the previous staff don't like Armstrong? Whenever he's in he seems to find openings and always catches the ball and turns upfield. Is he slow? Can't block? Lazy in practice? I've always liked the guy and wish he'd get a chance to play.

i'm dying to know. i really want to hear what these coaches think of armstrong and why he's inferior to the other receivers. does he just have a bad attitude or something? i've heard the line of "he struggles to get seperation" ... does seperation matter if he catches it anyways? the few times he's been targetted over the years, he's appeared to be wide open to me - i'd call that seperation. his 2 catches in the first game came without a defender within 5 yards of him. somebody has some 'splaining to do because i just dont understand.

bayoudreamn
08-22-2006, 12:10 AM
i'm dying to know. i really want to hear what these coaches think of armstrong and why he's inferior to the other receivers. does he just have a bad attitude or something? i've heard the line of "he struggles to get seperation" ... does seperation matter if he catches it anyways? the few times he's been targetted over the years, he's appeared to be wide open to me - i'd call that seperation. his 2 catches in the first game came without a defender within 5 yards of him. somebody has some 'splaining to do because i just dont understand.

Neither do I.....it's a mystery.

texflex513
08-22-2006, 07:18 AM
I like derick armstrong because he catches anything thrown his way but i think lewis will get more chances he seems to be better overall...I like the shiftiness of anderson but doubt he gets any PT with walters and the others ahead of him...man cuts are gonna be tough!

South Texan
08-22-2006, 07:30 AM
I think whoever of the three has the best special teams play will get the nod.

TexanFanInCC
08-22-2006, 09:16 AM

but capers said he was going to be good....

but this was pretty much his coaching staff... :stooges:

i dont know what they would find so bad about armstrong. he has had a good game in the NFL....against the vikes in 2004. he makes tough catches and has good speed. im surprised he hasnt been given much of a chance in game action this preseason

Brandon420tx
08-22-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm sure Armstrong could make it on any of the other teams hurting at WR, so I'm not worried about him.

Mean Machine
08-22-2006, 02:35 PM
Armstrong DOES catch everything, but the #4-#5 WR has got to contribute on Special Teams, and I just do not recall Armstrong ever excelling in that area. Bummer, but that's the truth of the matter.