PDA

View Full Version : Official Girls vs. Reggie Bush and those other guys thread

Hookem Horns
08-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Wow, on that first carry for Bush I was having USC vs. Texas Rose Bowl flashbacks. He lost yards dancing around in the backfield.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-21-2006, 07:30 PM
That makes Reggie a bust. lol

axman40
08-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Did Reggie do the Hustle?
:shades:

Hookem Horns
08-21-2006, 07:34 PM
I am rooting for the Saints here but rooting against Reggie Bush (thanks to those classless Saints fans that just had to troll our boards).

I just think this guy is going to be another Eric Metcalf. He will have a highlight reel run here and there but when it is all said and done not a guy that will carry a team like everyone thinks.

Wolf
08-21-2006, 07:34 PM
I think reggie will be good, but none of us are Nostradamos. I choose to wait and see failure than to say it now :heh:

Kaiser Toro
08-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Bledsoe looks great. Why can't our QB show that type of poise and throw those type of passes? Rhetorical question no need to answer.

Hookem Horns
08-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Sweet catch there. The Girls are going up and down the field on these guys. This game is making the Titans look even worse since they did little vs NO.

Hookem Horns
08-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Bledsoe looks great. Why can't our QB show that type of poise and throw those type of passes? Rhetorical question no need to answer.

Because Carr hasn't had a chance to develop yet, his line hasn't protected him, his coaching staff hasn't given him chance ... ...:blah:

Hookem Horns
08-21-2006, 07:43 PM
Is Pete Carrol coaching the Saints? Bush stayed on the sideline during that drive.

jerek
08-21-2006, 07:46 PM

Because Bledsoe has an offensive line ... oh wait, so does Carr now. :homer: Bledsoe has T.O. to throw to ... oh wait, he's biking the tour de France right now ... um ... okay dude, I've got nothing for you.

Give Carr a little time?

nunusguy
08-21-2006, 07:47 PM
Please somebody, let me know as soon as the Catskill stand-up comic brings
something to MNF in the way of football. Funny guy maybe, but no wonder Theisman gives his opinion such little cred. When it comes to NFL football, I dunno if TK has a clue ?

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Through 2 pre-season games, 3 total points from opposing offenses. The 3-4 D is looking sharper than ever.

Offense is slicing through N.O like a hot knife through butter.. and this is without Terrell.

aj.
08-21-2006, 07:48 PM
I've been wanting to get this off my chest for a while and this may be the right time.

Adam Schefter and Suzy Kolber HAVE to be one of those separated birth cases.

Appearance and dialect (and interest in the NFL) are stunningly similar.

Kaiser Toro
08-21-2006, 07:50 PM
I've been wanting to get this off my chest for a while and this may be the right time.

Adam Schefter and Suzy Kolber HAVE to be siblings. Appearance and dialect.

Tony Kornheiser is their Father. Hopefully he will develop into the lovable idiot, rather than just an idiot. I am a TK fan.

Mr. White
08-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Through 2 pre-season games, 3 total points from opposing offenses. The 3-4 D is looking sharper than ever.

Offense is slicing through N.O like a hot knife through butter.. and this is without Terrell.

So....starting out the season with Chris Palmer running the offense AND a 3-4 defense?

I think I know already know the punchline to this one.

Hookem Horns
08-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Because Bledsoe has an offensive line ... oh wait, so does Carr now. :homer: Bledsoe has T.O. to throw to ... oh wait, he's biking the tour de France right now ... um ... okay dude, I've got nothing for you.

Give Carr a little time?

Carr has only had 4 years to develop, some of you guys need to show a little patience.

OzzO
08-21-2006, 08:01 PM
pssst.... Suzie... there's a game being played. You can stop your "reporter on the spot" segement.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-21-2006, 08:07 PM
TD- Sam Hurd!

Grid
08-21-2006, 08:09 PM
A little league team could cut through the N.O. defense like butter. You could bring Aikman, Irving, and Smith out of retirement and cut through the N.O. defense like butter (even without an offensive line).

If you want to know what Drew Bledsoe and the Cowboys starting offense looks like against second and third stringers, watch the first half of this game.

TMac48
Anybody else getting tired of Tony and Joe arguing over Joe's man-crush with Drew Bledsoe?

Peldon
I think Theisman has a man crush on Bledsoe.

edit: ah TMac you beat me.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-21-2006, 08:12 PM
A little league team could cut through the N.O. defense like butter.

The Texans couldn't put up 17 points.

texan279
I am listening to the game not watching though, has Wedgie done anything?

jerek
Gotta love the dufus who wrote Tony to bring up the plaaaaaaayyed out Reggie Bush and Michael Jordan comparison?

texan279
The Texans couldn't.

How old are you six...nevermind...

Kaiser Toro
nice move by Bush on Newman

Speedy
08-21-2006, 08:14 PM
It took almost to the end of the half to start the "I can't believe the Texans passed on Bush" BS.

Hookem Horns
08-21-2006, 08:19 PM
No offense Hookem...but I think that many of us have shown MORE than a "little patience" in dealing with DC.

I mean it's not like anyone is suggesting a lynching...

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_1_214.gif..."get a rope"

You do know I was being sarcastic right? I have been holding that rope since the middle of last season. :)

edo783
08-21-2006, 08:22 PM
So, looks like about 7-8 carries so far and what 12 yards or so. Yup, so far that's worth 50 mill. All they talk about is Bush is going to make one (1) big play and that is all he needs to do.......WHAT?

aj.
08-21-2006, 08:22 PM
I just heard Theismann say "you can see how special Reggie Bush is."

So I just checked his stats and he has 4 carries for 7 yards.

And there you have it from ESPN25

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-21-2006, 08:23 PM
It took almost to the end of the half to start the "I can't believe the Texans passed on Bush" BS.

Let them...

Gotta love the dufus who wrote Tony to bring up the plaaaaaaayyed out Reggie Bush and Michael Jordan comparison?

Ah, yes. The old "Micheal Jordan comparison" curse.

texan279
08-21-2006, 08:24 PM
I guess all those critics were right about us being wrong taking Mario and that Bush would have made our offense so much better. How many points do the Saints have? Zero? How much total offense do they have? 85 yards? Bush has how many yards? Seven yards on four carries? :francis:

Kaiser Toro
08-21-2006, 08:25 PM
I just heard Theismann say "you can see how special Reggie Bush is."

So I just checked his stats and he has 4 carries for 7 yards.

You must have over looked all of his kickoff/punt return and receiving stats. When you talk about RB it is the total package. ;)

Carr Bombed
08-21-2006, 08:25 PM
I've never seen so much *** kissing of a rook. They overrate every run, 4 att. 7 yards, WOW I can't believe we passed on Reggie either:blah:

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-21-2006, 08:26 PM
How old are you six...nevermind...

Lame dude..

Don't knock on the Saint's D, they were a solid 15th ranked in team defense, beefed up by a season of off-season moves. Both of the Texan's opponents, Chiefs (24th) and Rams (30th), don't exactly have the best Ds either.

Mysteryhunt
08-21-2006, 08:27 PM
man bush is putting on a clinic....on stinking
/sooo original

nunusguy
08-21-2006, 08:27 PM
DeMarcus Ware is a heck of an LB. BTW, who was that he tackled one on one
out there in the flat ?

Texansfan36
08-21-2006, 08:28 PM
I guess all those critics were right about us being wrong taking Mario and that Bush would have made our offense so much better. How many points do the Saints have? Zero? How much total offense do they have? 85 yards? Bush has how many yards? Seven yards on four carries? :francis:

Yep I still can't believe we didn't take the greatest player to ever grace a football field.:crying: Doesn't look like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread to me. I will take what our backs have done over what he has done for the saints anyday.

RiotCommander
08-21-2006, 08:30 PM
The Texans couldn't put up 17 points.

Have you watched any of our games this year? You sound like a moron.

edo783
08-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Not sure those NFL.com numbers are right. Shows 4 carries for 7 yards, but longest was 9??? Must have been a lose on one. I thought I saw those numbers up on the screen and that he made a couple of other plays after that. Maybe I'm thinking of the pass plays. Oh well, still pretty dismal.

Carr Bombed
08-21-2006, 08:31 PM
Lame dude..

Don't knock on the Saint's D, they were a solid 15th ranked in team defense, beefed up by a season of off-season moves. Both of the Texan's opponents, Chiefs (24th) and Rams (30th), don't exactly have the best Ds either.

They'll get their chance to face off this season, until then.........................19-10.

edo783
08-21-2006, 08:34 PM
You sound like a moron.

What else would you expect a bovin wrangle diaper boy to sound like?

OzzO
08-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Lame dude..

Well, if we're talking "last year's stats" - Houston was 30th overall offense, so I think the poster has a right to knock their D if we're happy with some of THIS year's pre-season adjustments.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
I've never seen so much *** kissing of a rook. They overrate every run, 4 att. 7 yards, WOW I can't believe we passed on Reggie either:blah:

Yeah. I heard that. All they are waiting for is just a "highlight" run. That's it. They are overlooking the integration of Reggie within the offense. I mean, I can understand this from the fans. But not the NFL analyst and former player who should know better. All this will hurt N.O. in the long run. Once reality hits them they will realize that they can't play the game this way (one-man offense) the hype will wear off.

It's just a novelty right now. :bananasplit:

I still stand by my comparison: Reggie is more like Marcus Allen than Barry Sanders. Although he does have juke skills like Sanders. He more an open field RB like Allen.

texan279
is Wedgie going to play in the second half? I heard it is raining on the field, that oughta be a show to see. Is Wedgie wearing his gold cleats?

edo783
08-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Did you just hear Kornhole just say how Bush had shown what he is and that's "Mr Excitment"......What game is he watching?

texan279
08-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Did you just hear Kornhole just say how Bush had shown what he is and that's "Mr Excitment"......What game is he watching?

I call him Kornholio lol. :francis:

RiotCommander
08-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Bush has a lot of potential, but ESPN has basicly jumped on his bandwaggon. Don't expect even if he gets all of 10yards for them to change their stance. Mario however is considered a bust until proven all-pro. :shoot:

swisher
08-21-2006, 08:38 PM
What is with the Cowboys love fest with those throwback uniforms?

aj.
08-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Not sure those NFL.com numbers are right. Shows 4 carries for 7 yards, but longest was 9??? Must have been a lose on one. I thought I saw those numbers up on the screen and that he made a couple of other plays after that. Maybe I'm thinking of the pass plays. Oh well, still pretty dismal.

Two of Bush's 4 rushes were for loss. (-4 yards total on those two)

Hookem Horns
08-21-2006, 08:40 PM

I have always hated the Cowboys uniforms, however those throwbacks need to be "thrown" out. Hideous.

edo783

It brings back memories of when they actually had a team that played well.

Peldon
Ok, now they are just inventing ways to try to show how good Bush is. Just about any back in the league could do what he has done tonight but they are pretty much proclaiming him the best ever. It's very amusing.

infantrycak
08-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Not sure those NFL.com numbers are right. Shows 4 carries for 7 yards, but longest was 9??? Must have been a lose on one.

1st carry was -3 yds.

jerek

Alex, what is "the Saints defense?"

In other news, who wants to take money that ESPN shows Reggie Bush's highlight from last week, since he didn't give them any this week?

swisher
It brings back memories of when they actually had a team that played well.

huh?

edo783
08-21-2006, 08:42 PM
Two of Bush's 4 rushes were for loss. (-4 yards total on those two)

Ahhhh, I'm glad he is racking up the major yardage.

aj.
08-21-2006, 08:42 PM
The more I watch RB, the more my pre-draft fears of him being incapable of running between the tackles are being realized.

edo783
08-21-2006, 08:44 PM
The more I watch RB, the more my pre-draft fears of him being incapable of running between the tackles are being realized.

Sure hasn't shown any sign of being able to yet.

Dime
08-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Funny.. showing Bush highlights with him getting less then 10 yards...
Funnier.. Not showing highights of Morency of 95 yards and 2 TDs
Dumb.. Reshowing Bush highlights..

gwallaia
08-21-2006, 08:45 PM
I have always hated the Cowboys uniforms, however those throwbacks need to be "thrown" out. Hideous.

I think the Cowboys white unis are one of the best in sports IMO. But those throwbacks are cheap looking.

Kaiser Toro
08-21-2006, 08:46 PM

In other news, who wants to take money that ESPN shows Reggie Bush's highlight from last week, since he didn't give them any this week?

Now that we know Bledsoe's excuse for playing so well, what is DC's against defensive juggernauts KC and STL? Please answer in the form of the truth, not truthiness. :)

RiotCommander
08-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Funny.. showing Bush highlights with him getting less then 10 yards...
Funnier.. Not showing highights of Morency of 95 yards and 2 TDs
Dumb.. Reshowing Bush highlights..

I have always felt that ESPN never shows anything the Texans do. That 40+ run really should have been shown.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Bush has a lot of potential, but ESPN has basicly jumped on his bandwaggon. Don't expect even if he gets all of 10yards for them to change their stance. Mario however is considered a bust until proven all-pro. :shoot:

Very true!

What's funny is that if Reggie gets a 25 yard run. The bandwaggons fans (and ESPN) will consider him "the saviour." Which is an illusion.

When Alexander, Portis, Barber...or Lundy/Morency gets the same 25 yard run. We don't consider that "the saviour." We think of it as: There's more work to be done. Reality.

nunusguy
08-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Reggie Bush and Ware got up shaking his head and he probably was telling the rook, not past me little boy.
I dunno, but a LB tackling Bush one on one in the open field. Somehow I
don't think ESPN will run that in their highlights this week. I guess you might say it would be counter productive to their propaganda campaign for Bush.

HJam72
08-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Well, I saw Bush touch the ball 4 times. He ran one of tackle and went outside for 8 yds. The crowd goes nuts! Yippee. :sarcasm: He caught a dump off and got, IIRC, about 5 yds. He ran a couple of sweeps and got NOTHING both times. Gotta give him some credit for the rookie learning curve and all that, since we do give it to Mario, but I was not impressed. When I saw the 8 yd. run off tackle, I just thought Morency would've gotten 15, lol.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Maybe ESPN will work some magic and replay the Reggie Bush run against the Titans and put Cowboys uniforms on all the defenders.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-21-2006, 09:01 PM

You probably right. Some analyst will try and recant what they've said. But not completely get off the bandwaggon.

Then, next week or after the season starts. Reggie will get a single 50-80 yard run (IT WILL HAPPEN, COUNT ON IT; just like Metcaff, Allen, and Sanders did as well as a lot of other RBs will this year). Yet, because it's Reggie...they all will get right back on the bandwagon again and claim that's he "Jesus" again. And then the highlight replays will start all over again.

It only takes one highlight. And they will replay it over and over like a FOX "News" propaganda clip. Why? ----> Jersey/ticket sales $$$

I dunno, but a LB tackling Bush one on one in the open field. Somehow I
don't think ESPN will run that in their highlights this week. I guess you might say it would be counter productive to their propaganda campaign for Bush.

LOL! ;)

Grid
08-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Now that we know Bledsoe's excuse for playing so well, what is DC's against defensive juggernauts KC and STL? Please answer in the form of the truth, not truthiness. :)

:francis:

uuuummmmm...

ok here is some truth. He is learning a new offense under a new headcoach.

Thats all i got. :crying:

aj.
08-21-2006, 09:04 PM
The Saints have scored 1 TD in preseason (none rushing). Although they still have a quarter to play in this one.

The Texans have scored 6 TDs in their two preseason games. 5 rushing and 1 passing.

RiotCommander
08-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Can we please not turn this into another freaking DC thread? We have enough of those already. :brickwall :brickwall

aj.
08-21-2006, 09:06 PM
No ****. It gets so old.

HJam72
08-21-2006, 09:08 PM
And the one touchdown pass wasn't from David Carr, but please, please, let's not talk about him whose name I promise I won't mention (again....in this post....I think).

Oh, but David's done alright though.

CloakNNNdagger
08-21-2006, 09:09 PM

I don't know how many times I've posted same........the speed of the NFL does not readily allow the outside option, and the strength of the NFL players are not of bamboo commonly seen in college. Either route, Bush is likely to get killed before too long..........if the Saints want to hasten the process, they ought to feel free to place him on the return team.:twocents:

Kaiser Toro
08-21-2006, 09:10 PM
Can we please not turn this into another freaking DC thread? We have enough of those already. :brickwall :brickwall

It takes two to tango. When I preface it as rhetorical and it gets answered, well..

Rhetorical
concerned with effect or style of writing and speaking; "a rhetorical question is one asked solely to produce an effect (especially to make an assertion) rather than to elicit a reply"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Peldon
08-21-2006, 09:12 PM
Hey has anyone mentioned lately, that Reggie Bush sucked in this game???
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_9_13.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_9_1v.gif
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_13_11.gif
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_44.gif

Shhhh! Don't let ESPN hear you.

RiotCommander
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_9_13.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_9_1v.gif

I have not seen much of him since D.Ware welcomed him to the NFL. They could be saving him for the 3rd stringers to get his stats up.

Grid

idonno:

Carr topics would be alot more bearable if both parties would just put aside the assumptions and preconceptions, and just accept that both sides of the argument have some truth to them

1. Carr, after 4 years, still doesnt look great.

2. Carr still has plenty of upside, and he is getting a new start with a real QB coach.

3. Carr has weaknesses that he may never shake, and he is making more money than he has shown he is worth.

4. His previous performances can be blamed MORE on Capers & crew, and the poor Oline, than on Carr himself.

All of the above comments are true. It is also true that Kubiak, who appears to be a pretty knowledable and capable dude, thinks Carr has potential and wants to see what he can do with him.

As long as Kubiak is backing him, I will trust that he has a reason to. Up to a point of course... if Carr still sucks in 2 years, im gonna start getting less supportive :D.

So there ya go... both sides are fairly right.. but Kubiak says Carr is the guy (for now) so just let it go. I dont see the point in bashing Carr anyway.. all you are doing is slandering the team.

Grid
08-21-2006, 09:13 PM
It takes two to tango. When I preface it as rhetorical and it gets answered, well..

Rhetorical
concerned with effect or style of writing and speaking; "a rhetorical question is one asked solely to produce an effect (especially to make an assertion) rather than to elicit a reply"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Well excuse the heck out of me for taking part in the conversation :D

HJam72
08-21-2006, 09:14 PM

No, I hadn't heard that. Maybe it should be repeated REALLY often....like on ESPN and in every newspaper in the country.

aj.
08-21-2006, 09:14 PM
idonno:

Carr topics would be alot more bearable if both parties would just put aside the assumptions and preconceptions, and just accept that both sides of the argument have some truth to them

1. Carr, after 4 years, still doesnt look great.

2. Carr still has plenty of upside, and he is getting a new start with a real QB coach.

3. Carr has weaknesses that he may never shake, and he is making more money than he has shown he is worth.

4. His previous performances can be blamed MORE on Capers & crew, and the poor Oline, than on Carr himself.

All of the above comments are true. It is also true that Kubiak, who appears to be a pretty knowledable and capable dude, thinks Carr has potential and wants to see what he can do with him.

As long as Kubiak is backing him, I will trust that he has a reason to. Up to a point of course... if Carr still sucks in 2 years, im gonna start getting less supportive :D.

So there ya go... both sides are fairly right.. but Kubiak says Carr is the guy (for now) so just let it go. I dont see the point in bashing Carr anyway.. all you are doing is slandering the team.

This thread is done.

Hookem Horns
08-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Watch, ESPN is going to Photoshop that #35 to #25 and show it on the highlights.

HJam72
08-21-2006, 09:16 PM
idonno:

There are those of us who do that and we get hit by the missiles from both sides. It's fun that way! :wacko: :)

Grid
08-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Hah.. geez.. I havent replied in a Carr thread since the pre-draft vince young hooplah. I decide to chime in for once and people get thier panties in a twist :D.

HJam72
08-21-2006, 09:18 PM
were not here trolling, we come to read more things about REGGIE!!! (Cause their are always jealous fans giving us REGGIE talk) Thanks

Reggie....White? :idonno:

tulexan
08-21-2006, 09:19 PM
You probably right. Some analyst will try and recant what they've said. But not completely get off the bandwaggon.

Then, next week or after the season starts. Reggie will get a single 50-80 yard run (IT WILL HAPPEN, COUNT ON IT; just like Metcaff, Allen, and Sanders did as well as a lot of other RBs will this year). Yet, because it's Reggie...they all will get right back on the bandwagon again and claim that's he "Jesus" again. And then the highlight replays will start all over again.

It only takes one highlight. And they will replay it over and over like a FOX "News" propaganda clip. Why? ----> Jersey/ticket sales $$$

LOL! ;)
You must be mistaken. Bush actually hit Ware. He is so tough.

Kaiser Toro
Well excuse the heck out of me for taking part in the conversation :D

It was actually directed at Jerek, but thanks for playing the part of the patsy. :)

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
I think the one run that stood out to me the most was when the Saints were in the redzone and it was 2nd and 1. They pitched it out to Reggie and instead of fighting for that 1 yard he continued to try and outrun the defender to the outside where he ended up running out of bounds for a loss of about 2 yards.

Hookem Horns
were not here trolling, we come to read more things about REGGIE!!! (Cause their are always jealous fans giving us REGGIE talk) Thanks

Great let's talk about REGGIE! Your #35 guy looks better than the #25 guy.

HJam72
08-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Actually, Bush is pretty tough for a guy his size. He's just not #1 draft pick tough.

Texansfan36

Believe me pal, from what I have seen of Reggie Bust lately I'm sure no one over here is too jealous of what the saints have.

GO TEXANS!!!:fireball: :bowser: :mario: :texflag:

RiotCommander

Hahah Yeah... I can see it now "D.Ware you just got...JACKED UP!!"

HowBoutThemCowboys!

lol same problem here! It's hard to hear anything positive about other teams from these Texan fans! :)

HJam72
08-21-2006, 09:21 PM
What does all this Saints stuff have to do with David Carr? :tease:

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-21-2006, 09:21 PM
I don't know how many times I've posted same........the speed of the NFL does not readily allow the outside option, and the strength of the NFL players are not of bamboo commonly seen in college. Either route, Bush is likely to get killed before too long..........if the Saints want to hasten the process, they ought to feel free to place him on the return team.:twocents:

It's a catch-22 for them.

Because, if an illusion is created that he's a scrimmage-line every-down RB and they try to use him that way...it will only take him away from his strength (open field speed). This will also get him pounded game after game (good luck on that ten year career). If they don't use him that way, they will just relegate him to specialty plays (returns and/or short passing route and broken plays); i.e. Allen/Metcaf.

HJam72
08-21-2006, 09:22 PM
lol same problem here! It's hard to hear anything positive about other teams from these Texan fans! :)

Drew Brees was very impressive and so were his receivers. I sincerely hope that superior type of play does not continue. :)

Grid
08-21-2006, 09:22 PM

I think you are mistaking distaste for jealousy.

Like, for example, if people were saying

"The Saints are the biggest freaking idiots in the league! Can you beleive they let Aaron Brooks go? What are they thinking? Say hello to another 40 years of bottom feeding you freaking morons!"

And then you saints fan would sit around in your forum and watch Raider games and laugh at Aaron Brooks playing terribly.. and yall would say "Haha! see! Look at how much better Brees is doing? Why isnt ESPN talking about how much Brooks sucks now??"

But then the Raider fans show up, beating thier chest and proclaiming "Hah hah! We stole Brooks from you! We are going to the superbowl!.. We find it hilarious that you sit here and act bitter over your loss blah blah blah..."

etc..etc..etc..

See what I mean? That was a really long example hehe..

ill put it more simply.

Its not that we are jealous.. we just like pointing out how stupid the talking heads on ESPN are for blindly supporting Bush when he hasnt proven anything yet, and ignoring Williams when he does well.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-21-2006, 09:24 PM

:confused:

Hookem Horns

The NY Giants look great and I think they will tear up the NFC East.

gwallaia
I see Broussard is back from the darkness.

CloakNNNdagger
08-21-2006, 09:25 PM
This is the total yds I hope to gain this season.........before I get killed. BTW, cool it, they never told me I couldn't wear it while on the sidelines.

http://www.blackathlete.com/Images/blackbox/rbush4.jpg

HJam72
I think Emmit Smith might not have been too small. :cool:

RiotCommander
I agree with Grid, we are just angry with ESPN. I think Bush is a good kid. More power to him. I just wish they would give the Texans and Mario some love too.

nunusguy
08-21-2006, 09:27 PM
He is very talented, but they've got to figure out how to use him. I dunno, you hate to pay so much for a specialty player, a third down back but its
difficult to see how you've got him in the game as a Tailback on downs one
and two ?
All reports had Bush as the most highly ranked player on the majority of NFL teams Boards, yet apparently neither us or the Saints got a "godfather" offer
from any team. Between us and the Saints, I just wonder what was the best offer made for the rights to Bush ?

Grid
08-21-2006, 09:28 PM
It was actually directed at Jerek, but thanks for playing the part of the patsy. :)

Well in the future if ya dont want other people to chime in, ya may want to not have the conversation in a very busy thread on a public forum

:shoot:

HJam72
Based on what both Mario and Bush have done so far, I think they oughta be getting about....zero, zip, nada coverage on ESPN. I think Morency, Brees, and C. Johnson oughta be put in their place.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
I think you are mistaking distaste for jealousy.

Like, for example, if people were saying

"The Saints are the biggest freaking idiots in the league! Can you beleive they let Aaron Brooks go? What are they thinking? Say hello to another 40 years of bottom feeding you freaking morons!"

And then you saints fan would sit around in your forum and watch Raider games and laugh at Aaron Brooks playing terribly.. and yall would say "Haha! see! Look at how much better Brees is doing? Why isnt ESPN talking about how much Brooks sucks now??"

But then the Raider fans show up, beating thier chest and proclaiming "Hah hah! We stole Brooks from you! We are going to the superbowl!.. We find it hilarious that you sit here and act bitter over your loss blah blah blah..."

etc..etc..etc..

See what I mean? That was a really long example hehe..

ill put it more simply.

Its not that we are jealous.. we just like pointing out how stupid the talking heads on ESPN are for blindly supporting Bush when he hasnt proven anything yet, and ignoring Williams when he does well.

Well said!

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-21-2006, 09:29 PM

Emmith Smith was a better overall-back than Barry Sanders! (I'm serious).

Happy? Now back to the "Girls vs Reggie Bush" thread...

RiotCommander
08-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Am I the only person who cannot stand Jerry Jones? I have no problem with the Cowboys. I cheered for them before the Texans were formed (Or reformed depending how you look at it).

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Bigger overall impact to their team - Mario or Reggie?

Thank you.

HJam72
08-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Am I the only person who cannot stand Jerry Jones?

"NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", is shouted by millions of people simultaneously. :)

Grid
Based on what both Mario and Bush have done so far, I think they oughta be getting about....zero, zip, nada coverage on ESPN. I think Morency, Brees, and C. Johnson oughta be put in their place.

Speaking of which.. bit off topic but I was watching the fantasy football draft on ESPN before the game.

Steve Young took Domanick Davis in the 2nd round, no one really talked about it.

on the one hand, it was nice seeing DD taken so high.. on the other, I found it hilarious that they had no idea what was going on with the Texans. A smarter move would have been skipping on DD and grabbing Morency in the final round.

Grid
yea they are so insecure about their team that they try to divert attention and would rather spend their time talking about other players on teams..
but i do like to come here and read other opinions about REGGIE.. These fans are really funny.

Dont feed the trolls :cowboy1:

HJam72
08-21-2006, 09:33 PM
We just might shock a lot of people this year. It's very possible.

RiotCommander
08-21-2006, 09:35 PM
I would like to say that I love when we play the Cowboys. I hate that we have to wait so long between those games. It should be a yearly thing =(

:fieldgoal

Texansfan36
08-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Speaking of which.. bit off topic but I was watching the fantasy football draft on ESPN before the game.

Steve Young took Domanick Davis in the 2nd round, no one really talked about it.

on the one hand, it was nice seeing DD taken so high.. on the other, I found it hilarious that they had no idea what was going on with the Texans. A smarter move would have been skipping on DD and grabbing Morency in the final round.

I can't believe they didn't take AJ till late in the draft. Thats ok, Ditka (sp?) was smart enough to take him, everyone else will be sorry. :shades: :fireball: :bowser: :shades:

Grid
08-21-2006, 09:36 PM
yah.. after the game in 2002, we didnt really see any Cowboy fans until well into the 2003 season.

It was very peaceful. We need more opportunities to smack em around.

HJam72
08-21-2006, 09:37 PM
I would like to say that I love when we play the Cowboys. I hate that we have to wait so long between those games. It should be a yearly thing =(

:fieldgoal

I think our division should include the Cowboys and Saints. I think all the divisions should be more geographical like that.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-21-2006, 09:37 PM
yea they are so insecure about their team that they try to divert attention and would rather spend their time talking about other players on teams..
but i do like to come here and read other opinions about REGGIE.. These fans are really funny.

Actually, we are very critical of our team. Not all Texans fans like Carr. Not all Texan fans like Mario. Not all fans like either of them and would prefer Vince Young. And we know about or O-line and D-line and secondary. So, I assure you that we are not "insecure." We are critical and realistic about our team; i.e. we haven't proven anything yet.

I'd say that EPSN is only helping N.O. fans be more delusional. Am I wrong? Or do you think that Reggie Bush is Jesus too?

Grid
08-21-2006, 09:38 PM
I can't believe they didn't take AJ till late in the draft. Thats ok, Ditka (sp?) was smart enough to take him they everyone else will be sorry.

Yah when he picked AJ I thought about last season when he totally tore us a new one during the preseason. He basicly said we were going nowhere and we wouldnt go anywhere until we changed our attitude.

That really ticked me off at the time, but man was he right.

Hopefully his picking AJ means we are good to go this year :D

thunderkyss
08-21-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm scared guys........ I know it's just the preseason........ & I know it's the saints, but the Cowboys are lighting them up. CharlesGrant & Will Smith haven't even sniffed the backfield, and Bledsoe is shredding their secondary.

I believe our secondary is better than the Saints...... but damn....

Grid
08-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Eh.. we havent exactly played terrible ourselves.

By the time we play the Boys, we should be a little more settled on Defense.

Honestly I think we could be two different teams by the time the game rolls around.

HJam72
OK, put Bledsoe on ESPN too. Dang, everybody that plays AGAINST the Saints is a good player. :whip:

RiotCommander
I'm scared guys........ I know it's just the preseason........ & I know it's the saints, but the Cowboys are lighting them up. CharlesGrant & Will Smith haven't even sniffed the backfield, and Bledsoe is shredding their secondary.

The Cowboys are a playoff team that has a chance to get to the Superbowl. At least thats how I view them. I think they sold their souls getting T.O., that doesnt change the fact that they are solid on both sides of the ball.

HJam72
08-21-2006, 09:44 PM
The Cowboys are a playoff team that has a chance to get to the Superbowl. At least thats how I view them. I think they sold their souls getting T.O., that doesnt change the fact that they are solid on both sides of the ball.

This is why I don't like pre-game videos that call out the Cowboys and us screaming 19-10 a little too often. Sooner or later, the Cowboys are going to rip us a new one. In the greater scheme of things, they are going to embarrass us in some game eventually. We can hate them all we want, but a little respect would be prudent.

Texansfan36
08-21-2006, 09:44 PM

Yea they should have at least a year before TO tears them apart. I still don't see them getting to the SB though, they play in one heck of a division and Carolina is looking really good this year.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-21-2006, 09:45 PM

If we can't beat Bledsoe, then we certainly can't beat the Manning. I'm not scared. Our D is better than this.

Texansfan36
08-21-2006, 09:46 PM
If we can't beat Bledsoe, then we certainly can't beat the Manning. I'm not scared. Our D is better than this.

From the look of it our O is also.

GO TEXANS!!!:fireball: :bowser::mario:

Hookem Horns
08-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Wow, they just admitted that Bush didn't have a spectacular night. Now off to Sportscenter. Let's see if they start with a Bush highlight. I bet the catch for 9 yards.

OzzO
08-21-2006, 09:48 PM

Eh, 9-7 last year, Bledsoe was just behind Carr in last year's total sacks.... and I don't think they did anything to improve their O-line, did they?

Don't sweat it.

Hookem Horns
08-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Wow, they just admitted that Bush didn't have a spectacular night. Now off to Sportscenter. Let's see if they start with a Bush highlight. I bet the catch for 9 yards.

LOL, close. They started with one of Bush's runs but didn't show the end result or lack of yardage.

OzzO
08-21-2006, 09:50 PM

Close, they opened with a comment about LAST WEEK'S 44 yard run.

edit.... or ditto what hookem said

Dig the excitement in the voice, "BUSH, FOUR carries for NINE yards." But hey, let's do an analysis on 9 yards. :rolleyes:

RiotCommander
08-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Eh, 9-7 last year, Bledsoe was just behind Carr in last year's total sacks.... and I don't think they did anything to improve their O-line, did they?

Don't sweat it.

Was thinking about their O-line too. They do have holes there, but offically we do as well. I would like to see our line hold up all year and not be the joke of the NFL again. Lets face it, every year we hear jokes cracked about how much DC gets sacked.

Peldon
08-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Ok, ESPN has lost all credibility...this is pathetic.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
"Before you thought about changing channels...Did you see Reggie Bush's 44-yard ridiculous-yo-I used to do this at USC and apparenly I can still do this in the NFL run... in his first preseason game!? -- -- Stuart Scott"

"That's a CRAZY 9 yard run! -- Stuart Scott"

"I done seen enough! -- Stuart Scott"

LOL!!!!! Of course you did Stuart. That was all he did.

swisher
wow I think Stuart Scott just had an orgasm calling the Reggie Bush highlights.

CloakNNNdagger
Well ESPN does it again. They can't find any thing good about Bush's performance, so they lavish on the praise for his "donations" of $50,000 and Hummers for the NO causes......."of his own money." It is well known that his endorsement sponsors "donated" theses "gifts." One Bush is single handedly responsible for Katrina, the other single handedly for the rebuilding

RiotCommander
08-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Every saints fan I'm sure agrees with their hype over a 9 yard run, but that was just shameful.

Texansfan36
08-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Jee none of the runs for -4 yards my god it must be nice being overrated.

Hookem Horns
08-21-2006, 09:53 PM
LOL, he just said in reference to Bush "I have seen it all!" ... and then says Bush ended the night with "seven yards". WTH??

Carr Bombed
08-21-2006, 09:54 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPN has officially lost it and they are insulting America's intelligence. I contemplating turning ESPN off for good. This is rediculous.

They go out of their way to make Bush look good and go out of their way to make Mario look bad.

BAM that is a rediculous 9 run gain.........please what a joke.

thunderkyss
OMG......... these ESPN clowns.......

I've been holding back my judgement of these guys, but they are going gaga over a 9 yard run, and 12 yard screen........

I like SuzyKolber though, "how does it feel when you're getting stuffed by a great NFL defense??"

Why didn't they show the play where Reggie tried that cutback on Demarcus Ware, and he grabed him with one hand, and slamed him to the ground??

jerek

I'm not really trying to invent excuses for Carr, but IMO there is a difference in degrees of craptastic between NO and STL and KC. STL put up some strong blitzes against DC ... KC had a lot of elite players running a decidedly Fangio-esque system. NO might well be the worst defensive unit in the NFL this year; bad players + bad playcalls ... JMO and don't take that too far. Like I say, not really trying to invent things here, but NO is really, really bad.

FWIW I'm rewatching the Texans game right now. Carr did look pretty sloppy those first few series. After that he looked quite crisp; made good, quick decisions. The Broncos will be a real test for Carr, and I am still confident that he will get to a point this season (soon) where he doesn't come out jittery. Hopefully.

Will be interesting to see how he continues to do when forced to work inside the pocket.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Stuart Scott: Wow, im convinced!

(almost in a whisper) Reggie Bush 4 carries 7 yards

LMAO!

joetexan
08-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Actually, Reggie did contribute a lot of his own money (with his sponsors also co-contributing), and he conditioned some of his sponsorships on their contributions to Katrina recovery. He's done a lot of good down there, and he's drawn in sponsors to help. No need to hate on that.

Hookem Horns
08-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Now Salisbury is piling on. This is a sick joke. OK, everything the Saints did right was because of Bush according to these idiots. Geez, why not say just the awe inspiring presence of Bush in the stadium led to Bledsoe's great game.

Peldon
08-21-2006, 09:57 PM
The play I'm really impresed (kidding) with is how he took the linebacker out of the play just by running toward him on the playaction. They didn't mention that the quarterback threw it 15 yards to the other side of the field for a completion.

swisher
Reggie Bush is so good it's no wonder he ran all over Texas while leading USC to the National Championship....oh wait....never mind.

thunderkyss
This is why I don't like pre-game videos that call out the Cowboys and us screaming 19-10 a little too often. Sooner or later, the Cowboys are going to rip us a new one. In the greater scheme of things, they are going to embarrass us in some game eventually. We can hate them all we want, but a little respect would be prudent.

I don't know..... I think we should get ours while we can.......

19-10............ How 'bout them Cowboys??????

Hookem Horns
"Bush get's a total of 7 yards! ... Boom goes the dynamite!"

swisher
08-21-2006, 09:58 PM
"Bush get's a total of 7 yards! ... Boom goes the dynamite!"

But those were some crazy 7 yards!

sakebomb
08-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Sportscenter is hilarious.

Stuart Scott just said Bush was crazy.
Salsburry is talking about how great he is.
They also said he only had 4 carries tonight. I guess the 6 carries he had last week is considered a huge load.

21 total yards against the cowboys. 0 td's in two games.

They are talking about how much he does without touching the ball. Uh, have they noticed Williams being double teamed. Did they see Peek's sacks because of the oline watching Williams? Have they noticed the improvement on the Texans defense? Nope. Man I can't wait until the regular season. Keep it up Texans. Good luck against the broncos!!!!! :redtowel: :redtowel:

RiotCommander
And he could...go...all ...the....way!!!! Bush with an amazing 9 yard scamper. They will be talking about this one for years to come.

thunderkyss

Don't sweat it.

Before Flozelle got hurt, Bledsoe was one of the better protected QBs.

over the summer, they picked up Fabini, Rivera, and they got a guy they picked up but didn't play last year...... Columbo..... they let him get healthy on thier dime. Think they got him from Chicago.

CloakNNNdagger
08-21-2006, 10:00 PM
A time to reflect.............The Saints had 2 good RBs........they have no QB, no OL, no DL no secondary and no STs..........but they drafted an RB at #2..........congratulations!

sprtsfanatic
08-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Did anyone else see sportscenter after the cowgirls game?? I wonder if we'll here from all of the mario doubters after a 4 rush attempts 7yds performance...an average of 1.8 yds/carry...2 receptions for 14yds...I wasnt very impressed with bush's performance tonight.

But you would have never guessed it with sportscenter highlights though...they made it seem like he took over the game and it was all bush...when in fact it was very little bush.

Oh well....what else can you expect from a network that is in love with USC and its alumni athletes.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-21-2006, 10:02 PM
wow I think Stuart Scott just had an orgasm calling the Reggie Bush highlights.

Yeah, he said that he "just got his freak on."

LOL!

joetexan
08-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Reggie wasn't good enough to watch the highlights twice in five minutes.......4 rushes, 7 yards; 2 catches, 14 yards. In Ben Stein's voice, "Wow."

:mario: :mario: :mario:

swisher
08-21-2006, 10:03 PM
I can't wait to watch it all over again on ESPN Classic for years to come.

CloakNNNdagger
08-21-2006, 10:04 PM
Oh good, ESPN just said that if you missed it, they will rerun those great Bush highlights again a little later...........quickly, call all your friends.

gwallaia
08-21-2006, 10:04 PM
What has become of Drew Henson?

swisher
08-21-2006, 10:05 PM
I think Stuart Scott's head would have exploded if Reggie Bush had been drafted by the Yankees or Red Sox.

swisher
08-21-2006, 10:06 PM

He's sitting at home waiting for more crazy Reggie Bush highlights.

Peldon
Oh and in case you missed the highlights "we'll show you some more later on in the show." :rolleyes:

RiotCommander

Man that came out of no where. I'm just glad we were able to ditch him off on the Cowboys for a draft pick. Ha! take that Dallas.

sprtsfanatic
08-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Oh and in case you missed the highlights "we'll show you some more later on in the show." :rolleyes:

Scott is so ridiculous...i had to laugh when i heard that...i love how they showed two plays out of the 9 he had....its really too bad they didnt show him getting no where in between the tackles and getting run out of bounds on the other....hilarious!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Does Stuart Scott have a glass eye?

Yes, he does. Got hit in the eye from a pass while trying out for the Jets.

Hookem Horns
He's sitting at home waiting for more crazy Reggie Bush highlights.

:tv: That was pretty good.

CloakNNNdagger

He's vying for 3rd string with Matt Baker.

jerek
Does Stuart Scott have a glass eye?

I think he has a lazy eye. Dead serious. IIRC.

swisher
08-21-2006, 10:10 PM
From wikipedia:

Stuart Scott was injured on April 3, 2002, at the New York Jets training camp while reporting for ESPN when a football hit him in the left eye, requiring him to undergo cornea surgery. [3]. This was the cause of his lazy eye.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Anyone know if ESPN has a shoe contract with selling Adidas?

Peldon
08-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Scott is so ridiculous...i had to laugh when i heard that...i love how they showed two plays out of the 9 he had....its really too bad they didnt show him getting no where in between the tackles and getting run out of bounds on the other....hilarious!

I hope they reshow the play where he completely took the linebacker out of the play just by running toward him only to have a pass completed on the other side of the field.

TexansTrueFan
yeah and i like our depth on the team, Plus Morency and Wali Lundy look good incase Davis cant go, So i think getting Mario Williams was the right choice. Plus bush cant go to the outside every play like he could in college !

RiotCommander
From wikipedia:

Stuart Scott was injured on April 3, 2002, at the New York Jets training camp while reporting for ESPN when a football hit him in the left eye, requiring him to undergo cornea surgery. [3]. This was the cause of his lazy eye.

Dang, I thought that was a joke. Guess he pissed Pennington off about the coverage they were getting. :)

HJam72
08-21-2006, 10:13 PM
I hope they reshow the play where he completely took the linebacker out of the play just by running toward him only to have a pass completed on the other side of the field.

Yeah, that was great. He was all over the linebackers all night. :ok:

thunderkyss
08-21-2006, 10:13 PM

You are kidding right??

did you see how wide open those recievers were?? I'm not saying our guys don't work as hard as theirs, but more than likely we haven't played a defense as bad as NewOrleans.

There were a couple of good passes......... one of Bledsoe's early ones, where he threw it where only his taller reciever could get it.... they caught a lot of guys coming across the middle.

But Bill Parcells is a freakin Genius.... did you notice most of their big play catches were thrown behind the reciever..... the reciever has to turn around, and make a play on the ball..... usually the corner is leading him, so when the ball is underthrown on purpose like that, there is no way anyone can defend that when they are one on one. They must have been working on that in practice, because Bledsoe & Romo were doing it..

Carr Bombed
08-21-2006, 10:14 PM
I hate Stuart Scott, I have nightmares where I hear, "as cool as the other side of the pillow", over and over. The guy is a tool.

thunderkyss
08-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Now Salisbury is piling on. This is a sick joke. OK, everything the Saints did right was because of Bush according to these idiots. Geez, why not say just the awe inspiring presence of Bush in the stadium led to Bledsoe's great game.

Well Newman did bite on that fake, and Joe Horn was wide open because of it. But that's what happens when you sell a play-action fake against an aggresive phisical corner like Tnewman.

Carr Bombed
Can we please not turn this into a DC thread, we have plenty of those, besides this ESPN Bush loving is just too funny, lets sit back and enjoy it.

joetexan
Bring back Keith Olbermann...(to sports, that is...)

JDizzle
08-21-2006, 10:20 PM
ESPN will be like this most of the season, even if Bush has a crappy year, so get use to it. Hyping a 1.8 ypc outing is just the beginning. And don't expect Mario to get that kind of love, even if he starts sackin' fools by use of The Force.

I'm not impressed with Reggie Bush just yet. He had a nice run last week, but Pac-Man Jones shoulder-tackled him with ease and I have yet to see him put his head down and get after someone. He doesn't handle head-on contact very well, and the couple times i've seen him attempt to take a defender on he looked like an empty beer can.

I am sure he'll have his share of highlight reel plays this year but his numbers will probably be normal.

gwallaia
08-21-2006, 10:20 PM
From wikipedia:

Way to keep your eye on the ball Stuart/:worm:

JDizzle
08-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Someone needs to tell Stuart Scott that "filthy ridiculous" is not a cool thing to say.

This reminds me of when Michael Vick came back from his leg injury a couple years ago on SNF, and got jocked more than MJ and Tiger Woods. A cartoon surfaced a few days after it called "Mike Vick takes a dump" that was pretty funny. That guy needs to do another one this year for Reggie Bush.

Carr Bombed
08-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Somebody Has To Tape These Highlights And Put Them On You Tube

Hookem Horns
08-21-2006, 10:37 PM

I have them on DVR and I noticed my DVR has a USB outlet and records in MPEG. However, I haven't taken the time to figure out how to transfer those files to my PC. I assume I need some sort of USB to USB cable.

Carr Bombed
08-21-2006, 10:38 PM
My favorite thing about all of this is.

ESPN expects Mario to come in and make a difference from day one or we made a mistake and he's a bust, but the MNF crew were saying at the end of the game, "Reggie gets a year pass".

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-21-2006, 10:38 PM

Yeah. But don't title it "Reggie Bush Highlight" or anything like that.

Title it "Stuart Scott splodges all over Reggie Bush." Disclamer: Viewer Discretion Advised

Carr Bombed
08-21-2006, 10:40 PM
I have them on DVR and I noticed my DVR has a USB outlet and records in MPEG. However, I haven't taken the time to figure out how to transfer those files to my PC. I assume I need some sort of USB to USB cable.

If you can do it, do it, that way I'll be able to watch it anytime I need a good laugh, especially if Bush falls on his face this season. It will be much appreciated.

swisher
08-21-2006, 10:42 PM

They would be priceless if Reggie Bush pulls a Ryan Leaf on us.

TexanSam
08-21-2006, 10:44 PM
I have to wonder if Stuart Scott had to hype Bush up after his lackluster performance though. Scott has been in sports a long time, and he should know a bad performance when he's seen one. ESPN in general is the one that's bashed the Texans for taking Williams. I think ESPN execs probably wouldn't like it much if Scott criticized Bush in Sportscenter's opening segment.

thunderkyss
08-21-2006, 10:49 PM
ESPN will be like this most of the season, even if Bush has a crappy year, so get use to it. Hyping a 1.8 ypc outing is just the beginning. And don't expect Mario to get that kind of love, even if he starts sackin' fools by use of The Force.

I'm not impressed with Reggie Bush just yet. He had a nice run last week, but Pac-Man Jones shoulder-tackled him with ease and I have yet to see him put his head down and get after someone. He doesn't handle head-on contact very well, and the couple times i've seen him attempt to take a defender on he looked like an empty beer can.

I am sure he'll have his share of highlight reel plays this year but his numbers will probably be normal.

First, we need to be honest. We have a two guys who shared carries in both our preseason opener, one got 95 yards... we scored 24points the first night, 27points saturday...... bottom line, we didn't need ReggieBush.

But he was so close to breaking a big one on a couple of occasions tonight.... without a doubt, Reggie is going to make a lot of bad teams look really bad. And he is bound to break a big one against a good team.

if we are sitting around ready to make a bunch of noise everytime Reggie has a bad game(and being in a week NFC, there are more bad teams than not) what are we going to do when they come here, after Mario has a bad outing??

The fact is that Reggie can rush for 2000 yards, and add another 900 through the air...... as long as we are winning games, and scoring 27 points, how can anyone say we made a mistake??

thunderkyss
08-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Wow...... Rod Woodson just showed the play were Demarcus Ware yanked Bush off his feet with one hand, and gave Reggie his welcome to the NFL speech........

I'm impressed, haven't seen it on ESPN yet though.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
08-21-2006, 10:57 PM
By ESPN standards, Deuce McCallister had the most amazing night of them all. He only needed 2 carries to get 8 yards. Reggie needed 4 to get his 7.

RiotCommander
08-21-2006, 11:10 PM
Speaking of Dallas. How do you think they feel about the "ESPN Bush Love" after the game they had? And how long do you think it will before the whole league gets sick of it?

ESPN is setting your team up...

You have a point. I'm sure the Cowboys were sick of it (hence the planting of him by Ware). Its only going to get worse. If he can backup the hype on the field it will eventually get better, but ESPN is really taking away from what other players are doing.

Carr Bombed
08-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Wow Saint fan is really quiet tonight.

What happened to all the threads and posts pimping Bush, I mean that was definitely a 50 million dollar performance, considering the bang for our buck we're getting so far from our backs........(crickets)............

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-22-2006, 12:13 AM
Can we all just leave out the hurricane talk out of this? That goes beyond the NFL and sports.

Thanks.

Grid
08-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Am I the only one that sees Broussard is baiting people? Hes a troll... ignore him and he will go away.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-22-2006, 12:22 AM
How does it go beyond??

Read.

Criticizing a player that gives to charity for a hurricane is not something that should happen in this thread; considering that people died.

Understand?

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-22-2006, 12:29 AM
Baiting people????? HOW????

It's understandable why you are here. It's been sooooo many years since the Saints have had a respectable team. So, you are surfing around on other teams forums to look for posters that "wanted" Reggie. It makes you feel good about your first team. I understand. But what you fail to realize is that not everybody wanted Reggie. And it is those fans that have deal with trolls and overly hyped press.

Texansfan36
08-22-2006, 12:31 AM
And FYI i won't go away Cause i'm a TEXANS fan also.....
THAT is BS you are not a TEXANS fan or else you wouldn't be here BASHING the TEXANS. Lets face it if you are a TEXANS fan then why are you doging us. HMMMMM? Whats your answer to that?

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-22-2006, 12:57 AM
my answer is for you to find post by me dogging the Texans comprared to me takeing up for my #1 team??

Not sure about everyone else. But I found your post in an older thread...

"Staints #1 team, Texans #2 team"

Now, if this is true. Don't mock the Texans now that you have the #2 pick fall in your lap. And don't get a laugh at other people being ridiculed by the media because they wanted Mario. Um kay?

Or else, we might just think you're a troll. Understand?

Now, the only time I'd expect you to root against the Texans is if we are playing the Staints. Otherwise, you should root for the Texans when they play everyone else. Am I wrong?

thunderkyss
08-22-2006, 01:07 AM
Well since you don't seem to know what's happening in the United States. Our major weakness last year was a hurricane named Katrina that ripped most of the roof off the SuperDome so we couldn't play any home games in our own stadium. we had to play all but one in San Antonio and that other one was in the new york Giants stadium.. and in the offseason we picked up a Q.B named Drew Brees and Drafted A guy by the name of REGGIE BUSH. and we also got a new coach. and of course other players.
Maybe if you learn how to read and also start watching sports on T.V other than Martha Stewart Living then you'll see what happened to New Orleans last year...:ok:

you see....... it isn't learning how to read that is the problem. it is comprehending what is being said. I asked you what your biggest weakness was on your team..... you told me about some weather phenom..... So me & the rest of the U.S. taxpayers are paying the tab to rebuild your stadium, and what do you do with your nickel.....

You replace your QB...... he's had a QB rating under 80 what Once?? in his career?? Avgs what 3300 yards a season which is sick when you consider he threw for 2100 last year... he holds every record for every stat ever held for a QB on your team...... he's the only QB to lead your team to a playoff appearance in the last decade, and the only one to win you one in the last two.

Then you go and put a $50 million down payment on a 200lb scat back who sits on the sideline when the team needs a yard. You already had to eat the contract you made with Ricky Williams, you are already paying Duece $50 million, and you already took out a million dollar insurance policy that you just sent to KC in exchange for another player you didn't need.

about these other players..... fujita?? three teams, in three years.... the Cowboys just dumped him after experimenting with him last year.... Payton knew it..... why did he bring him to your team?? Didn't you also get a new Center?? what's his name?? yeah, I can't remember it either........ do me a favor and look it up will ya?? How's that experiment with moving Jamal to LT?? other than being run over by an undersized DE(OLB in the 3-4), how's that working for ya??

heck, all that money in the backfield, and you can't get 20 yards between them. Throw in Brees, and another $50,000,000.00 and how many TDs have you got to show for it??

Lets try it again.... what was the weakest position on your team, and what did you do to take care of it.

thunderkyss
08-22-2006, 01:10 AM
How does it go beyond?? It caused a NFL Team to be diplaced and have to play games in other stadiums other than their own. The Hurricane played a MAJOR part in the Saints Woes last season. and i hope it never does the same thing to any other Gulf South Team.

Are you kidding?? you sucked before Katrina, you sucked during Katrina, and you suck after Katrina... who do you think everybody was projecting to drag bottom in the NFC South in 2005?? Atlanta?? TB?? or Carolina??

HJam72
08-22-2006, 01:13 AM
Lets try it again.... what was the weakest position on your team, and what did you do to take care of it?

Well, the weakest on my team was both sides of the line, and we got Williams, Weaver, Flanagan, Spencer, and Winston. Gee, I think it might be fixed. :)

Brandon420tx
08-22-2006, 01:21 AM
Are you kidding?? you sucked before Katrina, you sucked during Katrina, and you suck after Katrina... who do you think everybody was projecting to drag bottom in the AFC South in 2005?? Atlanta?? TB?? or Carolina??
You mean NFC.

thunderkyss
08-22-2006, 01:32 AM
You mean NFC.

hate it when that happens..... messed up a perfectly good post.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-22-2006, 01:41 AM
No you are not wrong.. i Root for the TEXANS unless they play the SAINTS.

Great. Now, just so you know. I root for the Texans and only the Texans. That means that I'm against the Saints, Cowboys, Broncos, Titans, Colts etc...And when the time comes that the Texans make it to the playoffs (?) -- if the Staints don't make it -- I'll expect you to have your red,white and blue Texans pompoms ready to go.

This is a Texans forum. Don't expect people to be nice to your #1st team. They are the opponents just like any other team.

CloakNNNdagger
08-22-2006, 05:15 AM
This is getting hilarious, papers are following ESPN's lead of trying to turn chicken s**t into chicken salad:

Bush excites crowd as Cowboys' rout Saints (http://www.thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060822/SPORTS/608220322/1006)

He played only the first half (the second quarter really), but that was enough for Reggie Bush to showcase his playmaking abilities.

Bush excites big crowd (http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060821/SPORTS/308210006/1001)

He only played the first half (the second quarter really), but Reggie Bush showcased his playmaking abilities to Shreveport and a national television audience.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-22-2006, 06:40 AM
Is this the Boys vs Saints thread, or the "Lets complain about ESPN's opinion on Reggie Bush" thread?

HJam72
08-22-2006, 07:20 AM
Is this the Boys vs Saints thread, or the "Lets complain about ESPN's opinion on Reggie Bush" thread?

OK, let's start a new one. :)