PDA

View Full Version : This Week's Top Slice

Bamaborn-Texasbred
08-21-2006, 05:41 PM
The pictures this week are pretty good. Full size. Nice one of Morency. You can see the focus and determination on his face.

http://houstontexans.com/news/index.php?section=News

Also, on the one with PBuc, if you blow it up you can see that the kicker has tried to put on the brakes. The rubber pellets are coming up out of the turf behind his plant foot.

OzzO
08-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Wow, that was tough between VM's run and Lewis' catch for a TD as both were pretty sweet plays.

As for Brown's long FG.... nice, but MAKE THE SHORT ONES TOO.

Scooter
08-22-2006, 01:09 AM
i've gotta say the putz screen. it really was one of the best plays i've ever seen. putz lined up wide, goes in motion to the TE spot, really sells the block before releasing, and our blockers looked great (i want to say it was wand who had a very nice lead block on that one). if you were to watch only that play, you'd assume the texans were playing for the superbowl the next week. tight ends catching passes, pass protection, pass rush, screen plays, capers not on the sideline catching flies ... what a year this is going to be.

veazeyt
08-22-2006, 02:53 AM
i've gotta say the putz screen. it really was one of the best plays i've ever seen. putz lined up wide, goes in motion to the TE spot, really sells the block before releasing, and our blockers looked great (i want to say it was wand who had a very nice lead block on that one). if you were to watch only that play, you'd assume the texans were playing for the superbowl the next week. tight ends catching passes, pass protection, pass rush, screen plays, capers not on the sideline catching flies ... what a year this is going to be.

I agree with that play, it developed quite sweetly.

I remember when he went into motion, I was like? Whats that guy doing? I couldnt help but see him drop back to block but then catch ball proceed to "stumbling bumbling rumbling" for a twenty pickup on a well executed play.

But I voted for Morency, just based the beauty and the quality of the image.