PDA

View Full Version : Sports 610 Radio mentions Texans Chick

Avenged Sevenfold Texan
08-21-2006, 04:39 PM
I caught the last of it but John Mcclain, John and Lance were talking about her but it seems like they were making fun of her. I could be wrong like I said but I heard John say something about her being a lawyer or something. I wished I would have heard them because I know John Mcclain doesn't even compare to Texans Chick in terms of covering the Texans.

Anyone else hear what they were saying? If they were making fun of her.....

:ninja:

eriadoc
08-21-2006, 04:49 PM
They were discussing a comment TC made about the benching of Mario and Manny Lawson at NCState and Granato or Lance questioned her facts. McClain actually defended her, saying she's a lawyer and spends a lot of time researching stuff. Granato then made some wisecracks about how if he was up for murder he wouldn't want that lawyer defending him.

I only caught a bit more than you, it sounds like.

Brandon420tx
08-21-2006, 04:51 PM
I caught the last of it but John Mcclain, John and Lance were talking about her but it seems like they were making fun of her. I could be wrong like I said but I heard John say something about her being a lawyer or something. I wished I would have heard them because I know John Mcclain doesn't even compare to Texans Chick in terms of covering the Texans.

Anyone else hear what they were saying? If they were making fun of her.....

I don't listen to the radio.

If they were then I'm pretty sure they will have a mass of MBers waiting for them outside their offices.

:boxing: :sumo: :muscles::taz: = The Message Board Jumping Crew

santo
08-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Granato then made some wisecracks about how if he was up for murder he wouldn't want that lawyer defending him.

Those sound like fighting words....:challenge :boxing: :fight:

Kaiser Toro
08-21-2006, 05:04 PM
The fact they mentioned her is great. Way to go TC, stickin' it to Da Man!

Brandon420tx
08-21-2006, 05:05 PM
The fact they mentioned her is great. Way to go TC, stickin' it to Da Man!

Is it the whole "Any press is good press" mantra?

chuckm
08-21-2006, 05:06 PM
It's amazing to me that they stopped talking about Gilbert long enough to mention her .... it's about time

Kaiser Toro
08-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Is it the whole "Any press is good press" mantra?

More like the Establishment talking about the New Jacks.

Double Barrel
08-21-2006, 05:13 PM
My mamma always said if you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything.

That being said, John Granato is an asshat. :howdy: McClain I don't mind so much...he's got credentials

chuckm
08-21-2006, 05:14 PM
That being said, John Granato is an asshat.

weak, but acceptable

Double Barrel
08-21-2006, 05:17 PM
weak, but acceptable

It's a family forum, y'know. ;) Gotta' keep it clean!

HomeBred_Texan
08-21-2006, 05:18 PM
If they are mentioning our chick on the radio, then she must be doing something to make them nervous. Say like doing complete up todate coverage of the Texans.....

chuckm
08-21-2006, 05:20 PM
It's a family forum, y'know. ;) Gotta' keep it clean!

understood

Runner
08-21-2006, 05:20 PM
If they are mentioning our chick on the radio, then she must be doing something to make them nervous. Say like doing complete up todate coverage of the Texans.....

About par for the course for talk radio. I'm sure they rambled on about her rather than talk about Texans specifics, if they had any.

Texian
08-21-2006, 06:03 PM
It's not what they say about you that is important. The fact that they are talking about you is. TC is on their radar and that is a good thing. TC has plenty of fans and few detractors. To diss TC will only cut your own wrist.

Texans_Chick
08-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Oh my goodness. I didn't know I was a thread. :embarrass

I sent them an email this morning and really didn't know that they were going to read it--I just really wanted to make sure that their facts on Mario's background were correct, because there is a bunch of misinformation out there. (Mostly from an ESPN writer--some folks from NC State told me what the real deal was and they are hot about the national crud out there).

McClain said that Mario had been benched for the Wake Forest game. What really happened is that Amato was unhappy with the teams performance against Clemson and was POd at the entire defense, and so to give them the business, he didn't start Mario and Manny Lawson as a message. He sat them out one series max.

John always gives me grief about being weird. But it is in the fun, spitwads in my pigtails perspective. I am weird. But, I feel, in a good way. At one event, he once described my enthusiasm as Jenny McCarthy on crack. Apt.

Lance actually did say a few nice words in that mix.

And I'm fine with John McClain. My only complaint with him is that I wish there was more Texans stuff in the Chronic, and this season he is writing more about the team, by his choice. I know people beyotch about his non-football talk, but I find it entertaining.

I don't have no problem with those guys one bit. It is just about all the radio I listen to.:redtowel:

chuckm
08-21-2006, 06:27 PM
In case anyone missed it John McClain won the McCann award .... oh wait, no one missed it ....

Porky
08-21-2006, 06:27 PM
No kidding. Why do they give him so much air time? I can hardly understand the words that are coming out of his mouth. I might be ranting but what's up with the commercials? Seems like every time I turn it on it's commercial programming sprinkled with somes sports talk.

Hey now, I kind of like Gilbert anyway. :tease:

chuckm
08-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Hey now, I kind of like Gilbert anyway. :tease:

you're obviously a bicycle salesman .... :)

Double Barrel
08-21-2006, 06:49 PM
In case anyone missed it John McClain won the McCann award .... oh wait, no one missed it ....

LOL! I've been reminded of it every single time McClain has been on air since he received it.

Oh, in case I forget, John McClain won the McCann award. :ok:

beerlover
08-21-2006, 06:56 PM
I like weird :spy:

newtexfan
08-21-2006, 07:24 PM
people come to TC defense.Its cool.It looks like she is getting a fan base.

BigDTexansFan
08-21-2006, 07:32 PM
My mamma always said if you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything.

That being said, John Granato is an asshat. :howdy: McClain I don't mind so much...he's got credentials

and credentials means is ok he slobbers over Reggie Bush and Vince Young (MANCRUSH...MANCRUSH):brickwall

Hookem Horns
08-21-2006, 07:33 PM
I didn't take it that they were making fun of her. Poking at her maybe.

I think it is safe to say that most of us "more than casual" fans would seem weird to our peers in whatever field we are in. I took it that way about Texans Chick. I run a Texans website however don't go out of my way to share that with people I do business with.

BTW, John McClain was mentioning me a few times a couple of seasons ago due to my "hate mail" about Bud Adams. He basically wanted me to meet Bud Adams so I could see he wasn't the evil Satan I thought he was. I ended up meeting Bud with John, etc. and all that made the air waves. I was just very thankful I was signing my correspondence with John using only my first and middle name. I did that because I like to keep my "fan" life and my business life seperate. I have clients in Houston that probably would have had a field day with me if they had known.

powerfuldragon
08-21-2006, 07:45 PM
Didn't John McClain win some award?

aj.
08-21-2006, 07:52 PM
BTW, John McClain was mentioning me a few times a couple of seasons ago due to my "hate mail" about Bud Adams. He basically wanted me to meet Bud Adams so I could see he wasn't the evil Satan I thought he was. I ended up meeting Bud with John, etc. and all that made the air waves. I was just very thankful I was signing my correspondence with John using only my first and middle name. I did that because I like to keep my "fan" life and my business life seperate. I have clients in Houston that probably would have had a field day with me if they had known.

Likewise I more than freaked when certain things I consider personal, or at least unfit for public radio made it on the airwaves one day last year or the year before - can't recall now.... Anyway, I'm more than careful around those guys as far as what I disclose to them. At least I'm regretful for mentioning certain things once because that's all it takes....

I think some of you misunderstand Granato's schtick.

OzzO
08-21-2006, 08:38 PM
I caught it, let's see if I can paraphrase....

came off a commercial break or phone call (they all run together on commercial talk 610), they read TC's email just like she noted and they asked McClain about it. He said he knew about Mario situation, but not the other player. He also said "Steph" (didn't call her by T.C.) was really good at her research and was impressed.

He then went into stating that she was a lawyer and is not surprised by her research and that's when the other two went into their (they think) slapstick and noted "well, if I was being tried for murder, not sure if I'd want a lawyer named Texans Chick....."

John talked good about her, don't sweat it.

I think they went into another 5 minute commercial afterwards.

Double Barrel
08-21-2006, 08:54 PM
I think some of you misunderstand Granato's schtick.

I'd probably fall into this category. But I'm not much of a schtick fan, though.

Mr. White
08-21-2006, 08:58 PM
I caught it, let's see if I can paraphrase....

came off a commercial break or phone call (they all run together on commercial talk 610), they read TC's email just like she noted and they asked McClain about it. He said he knew about Mario situation, but not the other player. He also said "Steph" (didn't call her by T.C.) was really good at her research and was impressed.

He then went into stating that she was a lawyer and is not surprised by her research and that's when the other two went into their (they think) slapstick and noted "well, if I was being tried for murder, not sure if I'd want a lawyer named Texans Chick....."

John talked good about her, don't sweat it.

I think they went into another 5 minute commercial afterwards.

I didn't think a whole lot of it, either. I was glad that one of our own was getting some run.

These guys don't mind at all giving out somebody's personal info. Just ask Lance Berkman.

scourge
08-21-2006, 09:06 PM
or Brad the pirate...

Texans_Chick
08-21-2006, 10:16 PM
or Brad the pirate...

Oh no, it was worse than that.

They gave him a choice this morning. Would you rather be a pirate or a rooster?

He said pirate. Because pirates can eat roosters.

Ew.

And then John went into his cockadoodle doo noises. And Lance started talking FCC fines etc.

There is good weird. And then there is weird, well just weird.

But if there was no weird, than life would be pretty dang boring.