PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see this pic?

joetexan
08-21-2006, 03:22 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060813/ids_photos_sp/r2009417436.jpg

My thought? What a bunch of tools.

After watching Lundy and Morency, I've come around re not drafting Bush. Mario showed brief glimpses of what he will be last Saturday, and he's only going to get better.

Even if I still were firm in the "Bush" corner, no way would I have gone and done that at Reliant in Mario's first game. That's just classless.

Maybe those guys need to see the pics on this page - http://northcarolinastate.scout.com/2/423979.html

Bamaborn-Texasbred
08-21-2006, 03:26 PM
I saved the pic for future use. I have a feeling we won't have to go far into this season to see these guys as clowns even if they don't have the suits on.

Double Barrel
I saw the clowns at the game. Ha ha, funny, whatever...guess the paper bags from last year wore out already?

It takes all kinds, and that's all I've got to say about it...well, except for the fact that these clowns will be the first to jump on the bandwagon when Kubiak leads us to a winning season.

Khari
some people have no class....... :hunter:

chuckm
08-21-2006, 03:28 PM
the beautiful thing about this is that all of this debate will be decided BETWEEN THE LINES .... if we win, then they can have Vince and Reggie, if not then ....

HomeBred_Texan
08-21-2006, 03:30 PM
How did these clown ever get in with that poster? I thought they were banned at Reliant...

nunusguy
08-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Probably some Katrina evacuees still hanging around Houston, still sponging.

Kaiser Toro
08-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Good to see Bozo, Krusty, John Gacy and Emmet Kellly, aka the Insane Clown Posse, kicking it live.

I hate crying on the outside clowns.

chuckm
08-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Good to see Bozo, Krusty, John Gacy and Emmet Kellly, aka the Insane Clown Posse, kicking it live.

I hate crying on the outside clowns.

A new Rep warning ....

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later. sorry KT

jerek
08-21-2006, 04:29 PM
I saw that during the game ... pretty lame. It's not even a funny line ...

BigWig
08-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Whats up with the kid with the Colts jersey on, Some people just dont have a clue!

Wolf
08-21-2006, 04:41 PM
I think KT had the quote of the game last week
from KT
P Buch putting another dagger into the over hyped value that Bush would have brought this team. Nice run.

Malloy
08-21-2006, 04:43 PM
AJ mentioned this in one of his "Voice of the fan" or blogs last week.

Texian
08-21-2006, 05:16 PM
When I heard that the Texans had a deal with Mario I pleasently smiled and the knot in stomach went away. However, I have to admit that the picture is funny...misguided and they may be clowns if they truly believe in their sign, but you have to give them credit for being funny.

Texans_Chick
08-21-2006, 05:29 PM
The clowns should be happy that they weren't sitting anywhere in the vicinity of me.

I was wearing pointy boots at the time.

chuckm
08-21-2006, 05:30 PM
The clowns should be happy that they weren't sitting anywhere in the vicinity of me.

I was wearing pointy boots at the time.

A new Rep warning ....

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later. sorry TC

Texian
08-21-2006, 05:46 PM
To set the record straight I think a few of you should dress up as Superman, Batman, Spiderman and Wonderwoman and go to the next game with your own sign that say's "America's Super Heros thank the Texans for making "Super Mario" the #1 pick".

jdog
08-21-2006, 05:50 PM
When I heard that the Texans had a deal with Mario I pleasently smiled and the knot in stomach went away. However, I have to admit that the picture is funny...misguided and they may be clowns if they truly believe in their sign, but you have to give them credit for being funny.

You're one of them, huh. :shoot:

Double Barrel
08-21-2006, 05:52 PM
They do it because they can. Texans fans are nice, part of our heritage of our friendly state.

But I'd bet money that they wouldn't have the cajones to do this in Oakland or Philly.

Wolf
08-21-2006, 05:53 PM
To set the record straight I think a few of you should dress up as Superman, Batman, Spiderman and Wonderwoman and go to the next game with your own sign that say's "America's Super Heros thank the Texans for making "Super Mario" the #1 pick".

ha !! might be more in line with "The Tick"
http://www.thetick.ws/images/livetick.jpg

http://www.thetick.ws/liveheroes.html

aj.
08-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Bozos.

They only held up the sign for a few minutes before the game and then the sign and masks kind of went under their seats. I was close enough to see they were catching hell from those seated around them. They didn't appear comfortable with all the attention once they got it ..... they appeared to be not having fun with it either...just a group of old attention starved bittermen.

Maddict5
08-21-2006, 06:19 PM
A new Rep warning ....

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later. sorry TC

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later. sorry chuckm

negative rep that is:shoot:j/k

BigDTexansFan
08-21-2006, 06:35 PM

well can they use that credit to get them back on short yellow bus

BigDTexansFan
08-21-2006, 06:36 PM
Bozos.

They only held up the sign for a few minutes before the game and then the sign and masks kind of went under their seats. I was close enough to see they were catching hell from those seated around them. They didn't appear comfortable with all the attention once they got it ..... they appeared to be not having fun with it either...just a group of old attention starved bittermen.

did they have Saints-thumbtack shirts under dress shirts??:ok:

aj.
08-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Nah. They reminded me of 50 year old MOB guys - or Revenge of the Nerds:25th Reunion extras (either or) --- trying to re-live their wild days back at the frat.

Mr. White
08-21-2006, 07:26 PM
Anyone else see the sign in the St. Louis endzone Saturday?

It said "Got Bush?"

aj.
08-21-2006, 07:33 PM
Speaking of Bush (Reggie), he was swallowed up and tackled for a 3 yard loss on his one and only carry so far tonight. Of course that lowlight will end up on the ESPN cutting room floor.

jerek
08-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Speaking of Bush (Reggie), he was swallowed up and tackled for a 3 yard loss on his one and only carry so far tonight. Of course that lowlight will end up on the ESPN cutting room floor.

So will the other 8 plays of similar caliber it takes him until he busts out a 40-yarder against the third team.

Double Barrel
08-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Bozos.

Priceless. :thumbup Now I just pity the fools.

The Pencil Neck
08-21-2006, 08:07 PM
They do it because they can. Texans fans are nice, part of our heritage of our friendly state.

But I'd bet money that they wouldn't have the cajones to do this in Oakland or Philly.

I went to a game in Philly once.

Once.

The Pencil Neck
08-21-2006, 08:08 PM
ha !! might be more in line with "The Tick"
http://www.thetick.ws/images/livetick.jpg

http://www.thetick.ws/liveheroes.html

One of the great shows.

Second Honeymoon
08-21-2006, 08:19 PM
Bush looks just like any other NFL RB. I don't think he was worth the money he was asking. VY on the other hand.....passing on VY was ignorant but oh well.

I thought the picture was hilarious though and there are many fans that feel exactly like those guys but just arent dumb or crass enough to wear that at a game. It looks like our defense has a heart this year so if the offense doesnt suck under Carr we may have a chance at 9-7 or 10-6 if everything falls in place.

Texian
08-21-2006, 09:08 PM
You're one of them, huh. :shoot:
Yep I am one of them. Thought I would rather not watch the Texans go 5-11 so I could feel good about 10 Reggie Bush highlight clips. I would rather watch those 10 RB clips playing for some else and see the Texans win. After counting up all of Gale Sayers and Barry Sanders championships , I like even better. Right now I am feeling pretty good about being 2 and 0 with 8 sacks. That means more to me than a 44 yd run.

FILO_girl
08-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Bozos.

Ugh, I remember when a mid life crisis meant men wore heavy gold chains with shirts unbuttoned to their hairy, expanded belly buttons and cruised in convertibles to 'get some young stuff'. Now they are Crusty the Clown at football games? Glad I missed that one....

Don't bring your mid life to Reliant. Whats next, a RB #25 toga party?
Stop the madness!

The Pencil Neck
08-21-2006, 11:27 PM
Ugh, I remember when a mid life crisis meant men wore heavy gold chains with shirts unbuttoned to their hairy, expanded belly buttons and cruised in convertibles to 'get some young stuff'. Now they are Crusty the Clown at football games? Glad I missed that one....

Don't bring your mid life to Reliant. Whats next, a RB #25 toga party?
Stop the madness!

Won't someone think of the children?

rafterticket
08-22-2006, 11:03 AM
Anyone else see the sign in the St. Louis endzone Saturday?

It said "Got Bush?"

Is that what Vernand Morency threw the football at when he finished that 43 yard touchdown run?

I will take Mario's play on Saturday, Kubes, his staff and their collective football philosophy over Reggie's big 44 yard run last week, since that's about all he has done so far.

He looked pretty gosh-darn ordinary last night. I know that I'm not alone in that thought.

Second Honeymoon
08-22-2006, 11:13 AM
Yup, Bush looked like just any other NFL RB. Not worth the huge jack he is going to get paid to touch the ball 12-15 times a game. I still am not happy about the draft but I am happier that we passed on Bush.

doug from the woodlands

|The.Brand0n|
08-22-2006, 11:15 AM
^^ I tend to agree he looked pretty ordinary... but I mean.. look @ his offensive line. They're sad. Nothing about his cutbacks and making people miss were ordinary, they were pretty extraordinary. Dont get me wrong, I'm behind the team 100% (now) with the selection of Mario... but they way our O-Line has been playing.. I know it would've been fun to see Reggie hit the hole, then do what he does from that point on.. but oh well.. - Brand0n

TexanExile
08-22-2006, 11:24 AM
You know, my reaction to this was surprising. The bag-wearers in the stands last year didn't bother me. For some reason, this did. Last year's stunts seemed more about a struggle to find humor in a terrible situation. These guys, right as the hope comes back and as the fresh start gets underway, publicly try to kick the franchise right in the backside.

I just don't see the point in that. Without rehashing the lame MW/RB threads that abound here and elsewhere, it's not like we spurned one star and instead drafted Casey Printers or something. I'm not saying we all have to agree with the choice that was made, but how about not dogging your own team in public like that ?!?!

I'm sure the signs/masks went away after the overwhelmingly positive reception described elsewhere in the thread. :dangit: If they didn't expect that reaction, uh, well, that says a lot.

trane
08-22-2006, 02:53 PM
What a bunch of losers! How badly do you have to want to be on television to come up with such a lame concept.

bigTEXan8
08-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Hey...I've been away for a while. Who's going to be our starting RB? How's DD doing, and how's Morency?

RiotCommander
08-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Hey...I've been away for a while. Who's going to be our starting RB? How's DD doing, and how's Morency?

DD just started praticing I think. Unsure of how he did in them if he was able to get on the pratice field. Morency had a great game vs the rams 95 yards 2 touchdowns, and did great picking up blitzers.

GuerillaBlack
08-22-2006, 03:36 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20060813/i/r2009417436.jpg?x=380&y=257&sig=1HYXQnjjZ0oNCFRMtGurgg--.jpg

Houston Texans fans dressed as clowns express their opinion of the Texan's choice of Mario Williams as the first pick in the NFL draft during their pre-season game against the Kansas City Chiefs in Houston August 12, 2006. REUTERS/Richard Carson (United States)

Sco-tai
08-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Probably some Katrina evacuees still hanging around Houston, still sponging.

HAHHAHAHHA....PERFECT! HAHA

What a bunch of A $ $ Clowns.

Marcus
08-22-2006, 04:06 PM
I didn't know they were having a Mattress Mac look-a-like contest at Reliant.

eric138
08-22-2006, 04:28 PM
yeah tose donkeys were sitting right by us.. jerkoffs. I saw them walking in as well and they were walking the same fashion with the sign spread out and stuff. I felt like throwing an orange cone at them, but resisted..

come to think of it, they are probably the ones that stole my sons hat.. bastards.

SheTexan
08-22-2006, 04:38 PM
I didn't see them, THANK goodness for them!!:hunter: They didn't have the guts to wander over to the Bullpen!!

Just think!! They paid good money for the opportunity to make complete fools out of themselves!!! Thanks to the MEDIA, they succeeded!!

TexanBorn51
08-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Runner
08-23-2006, 11:16 PM
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

No.

And clown fish don't know good jokes just because they are clown fish.

TexanBorn51
08-23-2006, 11:58 PM
True and when Finding Nemo & Co was found it was really funny. Those clowns in Reliant will be looked madly down upon from the ol' real ones, like Joseph Grimaldi Charlie Chaplan Dan Rice Bert Williams Emmitt Kelly Red Skeleton Lucielle Ball of course Bozo and all those clowns, when the Texans go between 9-7 or 10-6 this season. We'll see then who gets the last laugh...