PDA

View Full Version : PBuch... two way player?

michaelm
08-21-2006, 10:24 AM
As I was watching PBuch make some pretty good punt returns Saturday, I couldn't help wondering how he'd make out as a receiver.
As much as he seems to like avoiding contact, maybe he should try his skills on the other side of the ball.
I know that there are many variables like route running, blocking and such, but I don't think it can be denied that he has the ability to make things happen with the ball.

Texans_Chick
08-21-2006, 10:26 AM
As I was watching PBuch make some pretty good punt returns Saturday, I couldn't help wondering how he'd make out as a receiver.
As much as he seems to like avoiding contact, maybe he should try his skills on the other side of the ball.
I know that there are many variables like route running, blocking and such, but I don't think it can be denied that he has the ability to make things happen with the ball.

Catching. Catching is a good thing to have in a receiver.

the wonger need food
08-21-2006, 10:29 AM
Interesting thought, kinda like Atlanta is trying with D. Hall.

I think he's too fragile though.

rafterticket
08-21-2006, 11:52 AM

When I saw this thread, this is NOT what I expected. I thought you were going to speak to how he helps both teams.

The best thing the coaching staff can do is let him return punts, as long as he is going to run 30 - 35 yards before he steps out of bounds.

nunusguy
08-21-2006, 01:17 PM
It's a thought, but don't forget about P-Burnts well know aversion to contact.
WRs are expected to block in Kubiaks system.
And what about going over the middle ? Would P-Burnt's upper limbs instantly shrivel and assume the alligator-arm posture upon the blur of an approaching defender in his peripheral vision, or in his imagination ?

michaelm
08-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Catching. Catching is a good thing to have in a receiver.

Does he have a reputation for having questionable hands? I know he's made a few INTs, I thought maybe he had decent hands...

swtbound07
08-21-2006, 03:10 PM
false...he would have to be good at playing one way first.

phan1
08-21-2006, 09:02 PM
false...he would have to be good at playing one way first.

LOL, I like that. But yeah, if he's not a very physical guy, I don't see how he's going to catch balls in the middle with a safety breathing down his neck.

HJam72
08-21-2006, 09:06 PM
He takes hits when running back punts. If we're gonna ever run a reverse, which I know is somewhat rare in the NFL, I wouldn't mind seeing Buchannon end up with it. Course, receivers do have to catch and it sounds like maybe he can't. I don't know.