PDA

View Full Version : Foxsports:Special Teams ranking..Texans #11

Wolf
08-20-2006, 11:25 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5862990?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

11. Houston Texans: The Texans suffered a major loss when kick returner Jerome Mathis suffered a foot injury in the Pro Bowl that required off-season surgery. Mathis may not be back this season. Philip Buchanon and Jake Schifino are Mathis' likely replacements, but neither is in Mathis' class. Punter Chad Stanley is a directional booter who is good at pinning opponents; he dropped 29 punts inside the 20-yard line while recording just one touchback last season. Ramon Walker and Troy Evans lead dependable coverage units. Kris Brown is great on kickoffs but missed five field goals under 40 yards last season.

:cowboy1:

TexanSam
08-20-2006, 11:47 PM
I guess that's about right. We might be in the top 5 with Jerome Mathis. I hope that when he comes back, he's back to full speed in a hurry.

the wonger need food
08-21-2006, 08:52 AM
If Mathis gets back and stays healthy... and if Buchanon stays healthy... We're top 3. Kris Brown would keep us from being #1.

KKHouston
08-21-2006, 10:59 AM
If Mathis gets back and stays healthy... and if Buchanon stays healthy... We're top 3. Kris Brown would keep us from being #1.

Agreed, Wonger... Kris is someone we need to take a serious look at.

RiotCommander
08-21-2006, 11:23 AM

If Kris keeps up his shanking ways he could cost us a few games this year. He will have to either get his head on straight or be replaced. I hope we don't just stick it out with someone that I honestly wonder if he will make it every time he goes out there.

Algebrat
08-21-2006, 11:31 AM
If Kris keeps up his shanking ways he could cost us a few games this year. He will have to either get his head on straight or be replaced. I hope we don't just stick it out with someone that I honestly wonder if he will make it every time he goes out there.

Was Brown that inconsistent (missing 5 under 40 yds) his whole time here? I just don't remember being disappointed in his performance until last year.

Texanfan4ever
08-21-2006, 12:06 PM
Was Brown that inconsistent (missing 5 under 40 yds) his whole time here? I just don't remember being disappointed in his performance until last year.

He really just started doing that last year. Up until then he hardly ever missed a field goal. Even hit the 52 yard ones.

I don't know what happened to him, but I hope he gets it straightened out.

feebleminded
08-21-2006, 12:52 PM
He really just started doing that last year. Up until then he hardly ever missed a field goal. Even hit the 52 yard ones.

He started off in Pitt as an OK kicker, but his last year was not so good. The excuse at the time was that the new Heinz field was a tough place to kick. I'm not saying that the guy is or isnt' money, but he hasn't always looked very good over his career.

Runner
08-21-2006, 01:49 PM

Maybe Pendry helped coach him up last year.

Texanfan4ever
08-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Maybe Pendry helped coach him up last year.

THere's no telling what all those guys really went through last year. Geez! I am glad all those "so called coaches" are GONE!