PDA

View Full Version : Morlon Greenwood

K.D.
08-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Did anyone else notice that MG had a very good game. The guy was all over the field making plays or putting pressure on the QB. I think he will separate himself from other competition for the Will(?) position. Tell me what u guys think.

TransplantTexan1
08-20-2006, 04:57 PM
He definitely looks more comfortable playing outside in the 4-3. Maybe it's a matter of him having to read less and react more. Not sure. His quickness, which people doubted after last year, is noticeable in this scheme. He's getting to the outside very well and filling in holes at or near the LOS instead of three and four yards up field.

texanfan2100
08-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Did anyone else notice that MG had a very good game. The guy was all over the field making plays or putting pressure on the QB. I think he will separate himself from other competition for the Will(?) position. Tell me what u guys think.

His blitzing was unbelieveable last night. The way he was blowing around the offensive tackles was great. With Ryans at MLB I don't know who else is a serious challenger for the weak side spot. Whoever it is, they'll be a backup when the season starts. Greenwood is starting.

the wonger need food
08-20-2006, 05:14 PM
He had a solid game. No big plays (as usual), just a solid game. I would like to see him coming off the corner (blitzing) a little more.

texanfan2100
08-20-2006, 05:28 PM
He had a solid game. No big plays (as usual), just a solid game. I would like to see him coming off the corner (blitzing) a little more.

Did you watch the whole game? I can think of two instances where Greenwood came off the edge on a blitz and got the the quarterback. In fact, I don't remember much else he did, but those two plays stood out.

bayoudreamn
08-20-2006, 05:29 PM

I heard his name alot and I saw him make some good plays. The problem I see is the tendency of this defense to give up tons of yards in the running game (usually early) and the passing game (later). Part of that improvement needs to come from the LBs...not just Morlon. But they're all playing with alot of determination and they look like they're getting there. We have the players we have and as long as that effort is there and we're seeing adjustments, I don't have any reason to complain.

RTP2110
08-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Greenwood had an excellent game. I was actually going to start a thread about him my self. Yea wonger, you must have tuned out a couple times, because Greenwood's 2 biggest playes were blitzing off the edge.

K.D.
08-20-2006, 07:53 PM

Wonger I've read alot of your posts and man I got to tell you that you nitpick about everything if it's not the way you wanted. The guy actually got to the QB coming off the edge. Are you really a Texan fan or do you just root for their mistakes, cuz it's hard to tell from your posts, dogg.:confused:

the wonger need food
08-20-2006, 07:59 PM
Wonger I've read alot of your posts and man I got to tell you that you nitpick about everything if it's not the way you wanted. The guy actually got to the QB coming off the edge. Are you really a Texan fan or do you just root for their mistakes, cuz it's hard to tell from your posts, dogg.:confused:

Oh, stop the whining with the "are you a Texans fan" garbage.

I stated that I would like to see him blitzing more, inferring that he has the speed and ability to rush the passer consistently. How does that make me less of a fan than you?

Also, Greenwood has not been a playmaking LB in the NFL. Ask Miami fans about him and the people that watched him last year. He is a decent enough LB, but not a playmaker.

WILLIEG
08-20-2006, 08:02 PM
Greenwood had 2 good plays on him blitzing the QB, but other than that he din't show to much in any other area of the game. However, i really don't see anyone else on the team that is going to push for that postion and that's a damm shame. We could diffently improve in that postion and the OLB opstion in general. It's going to be real interesting to see who we pick up during the first cuts coming pretty soon. Two areas I diffently believe we need to improve upon are our OLB's and CB's.

K.D.
08-20-2006, 08:06 PM
Oh, stop the whining with the "are you a Texans fan" garbage.

I stated that I would like to see him blitzing more, inferring that he has the speed and ability to rush the passer consistently. How does that make me less of a fan than you?

Also, Greenwood has not been a playmaking LB in the NFL. Ask Miami fans about him and the people that watched him last year. He is a decent enough LB, but not a playmaker.

First off, I just asked a simple ?, I don't see how that's whining. A simple yea or nea is good enough for me.

I never said the guy was a playmaker in the NFL, but he did a good job of making something happen last night and I'm just giving credit where credit is due.

TexanFanInCC
08-20-2006, 10:01 PM

looked pretty darn good to me. i LOVED the hit he put on bulger. heh. he was everywhere.