PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Line

Mightymike
08-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Looking at the first two preseason games it looks like we have a lot of depth on the defensive line, especially at end. It seems as though there are too many people fighting for 1 or 2 spots. Peek and Babin are fighting Weaver for a DE spot, TJ has to play well in order for Weaver to stay outside at DE, but meanwhile we have Mario Williams.

I think the whole situation would be a lot better if he wasn't there. The way our Dline looks, it's as if we don't need mario and may have been better off w/ another pick. If he was gone, Weaver could have strong side w/ kalu rotating in sometimes, TJ and Robaire get the starting tackle positions w/ seth payne coming off the bench , and peek and babin rotate at weakside.

I'm not saying we should have taken reggie bush or vince young, but that we had other pretty deep holes to fill such as the secondary. Let me know if i'm wrong but this is just what I'm noticing

football freak
08-20-2006, 11:55 AM
you're right, look at all those gaudy sack totals the last 4 years.

AFD1717
08-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Here we go again.

South Texan
08-20-2006, 11:57 AM
Here we go again.

Hey, at least it's not a Carr thread! Whoops. :hides:

AFD1717
08-20-2006, 11:58 AM
Hey, at least it's not a Carr thread! Whoops. :hides:
Ha!

K.D.
08-20-2006, 12:05 PM
First off, you can never have too many shells in your shotgun. MW was the ideal pick for what we want to accomplish as a D-unit this year. Someone with the speed and athletcism that can create havoc while his counterparts take full advantage of that. This guy is going to demand attention at all costs, who else on our d-line fits that bill. Once MW develop his technique move, you won't be second guessing about whether we should have him or not.

CharloTex
08-20-2006, 12:15 PM
You're wrong. You haven't seen 10% of what Mario will bring to the table. Dude is a greenhorn. Look at the improvement btwn only pre-game 1 and pre-game 2. I'm not an expert, but from what I read in the press, KC has a 5-star offensive line, and the Rams about a 3-star (comments welcome). I think Mario asserted himself better yesterday, against yes, a weaker line, but he was also blatantly double-teamed unlike the KC game.

When Mario finds his comfort zone (especially considering his positioning all over the D-line), he will either command double-teams every play, or disrupt the backfiled every play. This is my belief. :mario: