Houston 2 0
Jacksonville 1 1
Indianapolis 0 1
Tennessee 0 2

Can't wait to see next week and the new Denver Houston Rivalry

(Happy Madden Eve to you all) :drool:

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
08-20-2006, 10:59 AM
I know like everyone else it's preseason but I have to agree with you it does look realy nice. Can't wait for the reg. season to start.

TheCD
08-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Man...I hope it's not too long before we're on top of the regular season standings, too.

Double Barrel
08-20-2006, 12:40 PM
1st TIME!! We've never had back-to-back pre-season wins.

I know it's fool's gold, but I'll take anything shiny after last year. :thumbup

Honoring Earl 34
08-20-2006, 12:41 PM
I can only imagine what a 13-3 season would be like .

South Texan
08-20-2006, 12:47 PM

Go for the Gusto. Why not a 16 - 0 season?:redtowel:

The Pencil Neck
08-20-2006, 12:48 PM

I think the euphoria might be too much for me.

Hmmmm...

On second thought, no. Bring it ON!

Speedy
08-20-2006, 12:49 PM
1st TIME!! We've never had back-to-back pre-season wins.

I know it's fool's gold, but I'll take anything shiny after last year. :thumbup1st TIME we had 2 wins in the pre-season period!!!

No it doesn't mean anything other than for the first time in 5 pre-seasons they look like an NFL football team.

Texansfan36
08-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Its feels good knowing that we can't finish under .500 even if it is only for the preseason.

GO TEXANS!!!:fireball: :bowser: :mario: :texflag:

Double Barrel
08-20-2006, 02:19 PM
No it doesn't mean anything other than for the first time in 5 pre-seasons they look like an NFL football team.

You can say that again. I've never been this excited about pre-season as a football fan. But, then again, it doesn't take much after 2-14. ;)

Jwwillis
08-20-2006, 02:22 PM
I am excited too. But you need look no further than the Pat's pre-season record during yrs they won the SB to understand it is indeed "fools gold".

Johnny Utah
08-20-2006, 02:25 PM
I am excited too. But you need look no further than the Pat's pre-season record during yrs they won the SB to understand it is indeed "fools gold".

The last 3 superbowl winners have had a combined 8-4 record during the preseason.

2005 Steelers 3-1
2004 Pats 1-3
2003 Pats 4-0

rockabilly
08-20-2006, 02:56 PM
I know it is just preseason. But, these wins are VERY important for the Texans. It is all about building that winning mentality. The taste of losing is fading away... Last night was especially big because of that awesome 4 down goaline stop by the texans D. Last year, our defense would of given it up. This years didnt. That was huge for the Texans moral.

Titan "Tack" Fan
08-20-2006, 03:17 PM
We're doing horrible. Congrats on the good start.

I'm ready for the real season though. As we all are I'm sure. Another 3 weeks is too long.

K.D.
08-20-2006, 04:19 PM
I know its just pre-season wins but my Kool-Aid haven't tasted this good in a loooooong time!!!!!!:drool:

eric138
08-20-2006, 04:21 PM
Go for the Gusto. Why not a 16 - 0 season?:redtowel:

16-0??? no way, it's a 20-0 season, gotta count these preseason games.. :cool:

edo783
08-20-2006, 04:35 PM
We're doing horrible. Congrats on the good start.

I'm ready for the real season though. As we all are I'm sure. Another 3 weeks is too long.

I was over on your board and they are as reactionary and knee jerk as some here are. I'm not a VY fan, but for crying out loud, give the kid a season or two before burning him at the stake. If he keeps running like that and getting hit like that, I am afraid he may not make a couple of seasons. Here's to an injury free season and many and freaquent losses to the Texans.

Double Barrel
08-20-2006, 04:51 PM
I was over on your board and they are as reactionary and knee jerk as some here are. I'm not a VY fan, but for crying out loud, give the kid a season or two before burning him at the stake.

No doubt. VY is going to be a great QB, but it takes time to learn how in the NFL. I don't understand the logic of being impatient. But then again, they got Steve McNair after he'd sat on the bench in Houston and was ready to start, so maybe they just lack the perspective as fans.

Titan "Tack" Fan
08-21-2006, 02:03 AM
Well you've got to realize there are some Titans fans who wanted Jay Cutler and won't shut up about how good Jay is looking. I mean when you put a guy on one of the top 3 teams in the NFL he's going to look pretty good.

But when VY starts to do good and they jump on the bandwagon im going to let them hear it, don't worry.

TK_Gamer
08-21-2006, 03:17 AM
I get a lil tired of hearing the "it's only preseason, it doesnt matter"
for about 30 guys trying to make the team it should matter and it better matter. but there is so much more going on we dont get to see. the playbooks in preseason are a cross between vanilla and a bluff. coaches dont wanna give away there game plan on offense. and defenses dont wanna injure their starters on stunts and blitzes and that one cut block on offense that puts a guy on the IR. so we take it for what it is. cant wait for denver.

TexanFanInCC
08-21-2006, 09:58 AM
16-0??? no way, it's a 20-0 season, gotta count these preseason games.. :cool:

might as well tack in 3 or 4 more playoff wins (however many it takes to win the SB.) :redtowel:

TexanFanInCC
08-21-2006, 10:02 AM
i like to see us try and win these games, even if they are just preseason games. these wins will build confidence. ill bet the defense's confidence is riding high after making the goal-line stand to end the rams game. winning these games at least reminds the players that they arent losers. i think last yr players underachieved amidst the whole offensive coordinatior change. they were probably discouraged about the coaching and direction of this team. kubiak has done a wonderful job of instilling a winning attitude, confidence, and swagger in this team.