PDA

View Full Version : QB Rollouts - O-Line

fastpitchwoof
08-20-2006, 08:29 AM
I saw a post last night (I can't remember where) that said that Carr didn't run any rollouts. Is this true? If it is, maybe they are going to keep this part of the game plan under wraps. From what I've seen, this is Carr's strength.

Also, we only gave up 1 sack. From what I saw of the Rams in their 1st pre season game (NFL Network) they blitz, blitz, blitz. I know Lundy gave up the sack on a blitz. But if we only had 1 sack against a blitz happy team then I am encouraged with our line. How much pressure was there on Carr??

I'll see the game Monday, but I can't wait until then.

texan279
08-20-2006, 08:33 AM
If I remember corerctly, Carr ran only one rollout, it might have been none though. The playcalling was nothing like last week. Forgot to add, Carr was pressured often, I don't have a percentage or number of times but it seemed to me like consistent pressure.

veazeyt
08-20-2006, 09:26 AM
I want to say that there was one roll-out by Carr. But it was hard to say whether he was reacting to the blitz or not. There were several plays were he made passes, both complete and incomplete, while scrambling to the sideline.

ccdude730
08-20-2006, 09:43 AM
there was 1 rollout in the redzone where the option behind cook never came through, so he hit cook for a couple of yards.

that is the only one that i can remember

powerfuldragon
08-20-2006, 11:17 AM
wasn't there another where he threw it away?

Carr Bombed
08-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Yep

whiskeyrbl
08-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Wasn't Rosenfels TD to Lewis off of a rollout?

OzzO
08-20-2006, 11:30 AM
I want to say that there weren't many rollouts this game due to the fact of the Rams pressure at the line, and quite a bit of it seemed to be coming from the outside vs. up the middle.

K.D.
08-20-2006, 11:32 AM
There was 1 roll-out I remember, but the reason for not to many was the blitzing lb's from all over. Kube's knew the rams saw the ro's from last week and knew they were going to bring the heat. He also probably wanted to see how DC would stand up in the pocket and deliver the ball.