PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Speaks Positively of Mario!!!

Luv_ya_blue
08-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Just saw the ESPN highlight of the game.
They spoke descently of Mario.
Showed his batted ball where he WAS DOUBLE TEAMED BY THE WAY!!!!
And then showed his Tackle BEHIND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE and said,
"And THAT is why they drafted him at #1."

NOT leaps and bounds...but a little vindication for Mario.

Good game MW!!!

And he was WORKING that double team for the batted ball!

:mario: :mario: :mario: :mario:

texan279
08-19-2006, 11:29 PM
thanks for the heads up, did they show any vince young highlights? :redtowel: :whip:

texflex513
08-19-2006, 11:31 PM

Good game MW!!!

We have a spy on the inside of ESPN once the top guys get wind of this they will surely shoot it down after R bush plays on monday...no matter how beggie rush does.

Marcus
08-19-2006, 11:31 PM
thanks for the heads up, did they show any vince young highlights? :redtowel: :whip:

ehhh . . . do you mean 'lowlights'?

BattleRedRaider
08-19-2006, 11:32 PM

Good game MW!!!

It's probably Michael Smith sneaking that into the teleprompter while the rest of the ESPN crew is looking for new metaphors and analogies for Reggie Bush to use on Monday.

texan279
08-19-2006, 11:33 PM
ehhh . . . do you mean 'lowlights'?

pretty much, i was kind of gloating seeing how the media has ragged on us ever since we took mario over vince and bush. vince has struggled for the most part and bush hasnt done anything our 6th round rookie back hasnt done. mario IMO has improved from last week to this week and I hope it continues so ESPN and everyone else can eat crow.

Trapped
08-19-2006, 11:34 PM
cbs recap of the game speaks highly of mario too. "Mario Williams looked less like a mistake-prone rookie and more like the No. 1 pick of the draft in his second preseason game."

texan279
08-19-2006, 11:35 PM
It may only be preseason, but this is the best I can ever remember feeling as a Texan fan! :redtowel:

RiotCommander
08-19-2006, 11:42 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think the reason Peek was able to get those sacks has a lot to do with Mario demanding so much attention?

texflex513
08-19-2006, 11:45 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think the reason Peek was able to get those sacks has a lot to do with Mario demanding so much attention?

I think thats part of it...but peek was just doin his job also and mario did his.. he opened it up for other guys to make plays.. One of the many reasons we drafted him

Texans34Life
08-20-2006, 12:16 AM
I hear he is getting double teamed. Who is on the other side that's open that can get to the QB? Who is not doing their job?

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-20-2006, 01:30 AM

Good game MW!!!

Yeah, I saw that too. I almost shat a brick!

tsip
08-20-2006, 02:15 AM
I think thats part of it...but peek was just doin his job also and mario did his.. he opened it up for other guys to make plays.. One of the many reasons we drafted him

...exactly!...one of the main reasons but-unfortunately-too many people don't understand this, as they are only considering actual sacks by Mario.

cbnjwill
08-20-2006, 03:04 AM
vince 11-19 for 125yrds had rushing td and no picks. not bad he will get better and better. titans suck though they got pounded tonite

Numbskull
08-20-2006, 05:44 AM
Well...
at least we've got TWO WHOLE DAYS before the trolls come around!!!!
hahaha
lol

Ohh... come on.... :redtowel:

I'm glad to see Mario looking good out there for yall. I wouldn't be expecting him to get the same type of exposure as Reggie is down here in New Orleans, but I'm sure that he'll do a fine job down there in Houston.

V Man
08-20-2006, 09:00 AM
vince 11-19 for 125yrds had rushing td and no picks. not bad he will get better and better. titans suck though they got pounded tonite

And his rushing TD, he got laid out, fumbled, and luckly he retrieved the fumble in the endzone.

swisher
08-20-2006, 09:44 AM
And his rushing TD, he got laid out, fumbled, and luckly he retrieved the fumble in the endzone.

And he had an interception reversed because of a penalty on the defense.

BigDTexansFan
08-22-2006, 06:25 PM
We have a spy on the inside of ESPN once the top guys get wind of this they will surely shoot it down after R bush plays on monday...no matter how beggie rush does.

you mean Mr. Flashes of Brilliance...ROFLMAO, they have been panting over his flashes yeah 9 yards on one and 11 yards on other...woooo let me sit down am dizzy....he ended up with 7 yards on 4 carries for 1.75...or as we like to call it PATHETIC!!!:redtowel:

Anguyen
08-22-2006, 10:53 PM
you mean Mr. Flashes of Brilliance...ROFLMAO, they have been panting over his flashes yeah 9 yards on one and 11 yards on other...woooo let me sit down am dizzy....he ended up with 7 yards on 4 carries for 1.75...or as we like to call it PATHETIC!!!:redtowel:
hehe you forgot RB east and west rushing yards LOL
with the owner Benson in N.O. he will be a great player but he will never get a ring with the Saints.

mefool3030
08-23-2006, 04:20 AM
Looks like the texans wasted their number one draft pick on this big ape, should of had enough sense to go Reggie or Vince. This will be the ultimate downfall of the Texans as we know it!