PDA

View Full Version : Rhodes?

TEXANS MVP
08-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Will Rhodes Be The Odd Man Out?????

TexanSam
08-19-2006, 10:17 PM
At this point it looks like it. I still want to see more of Antowain Smith and Chris Taylor, but if I had a bet to make on who's going to be the odd man out, I would place my money on Rhodes.

newtexfan
08-19-2006, 11:12 PM
to see more Rhodes,Taylor and Smith before that can be decided.I think Rhodes might be the better kick return player.

It looks like Morency and Lundy have made a case for themself.I don't think Rhodes has been given enough game time yet.But as you know that might have to be earned in practice.

Woog
08-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Two carries late in the 4th against 3rd and 4th string defenses isnt a very good indicator of someones ability. Kubiak said Damien was going to get a good look this game, and as far as I'm concerned, failed to give Damien that opportunity. I hope he gets a chance to carry the ball next week at least 8 times in the first half to prove what he can do.

HeartofHouston
08-20-2006, 07:55 AM
The way Morency was in rythm I dont blame him for not taking Morency out he also said that he wanted to get a good look at him and well.. I think we all got a good look at him..

Insideop
08-20-2006, 08:24 AM
Will Rhodes Be The Odd Man Out?????

Possibly, but he did pretty well on his 2 kickoff returns (50 yds total, 25 yds avg). I think if Rhodes, and maybe even Taylor, hopes to make this team, they will have to excel on ST. Right now it's still too early to tell who the odd man out will be IMO. And, I still haven't heard if they will go with 4 or 5 backs!

Grits
08-20-2006, 08:57 AM
Rhodes is the most versitile of our rb's. Classic scat/3rd down guy. Would have liked to have seen more last night. Gotta find a way to keep the kid.