PDA

View Full Version : morency vs lundy

TEXANS MVP
08-19-2006, 11:08 PM
now what do you guys have to say????????????????????????

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-19-2006, 11:10 PM
Give the slight edge to Morency right now because of his pass blocking.

TexanSam
Morency was more impressive in his debut for Kubiak than Lundy was I think. Morency was also a better blocker. I would say Morency has a heads up on Lundy based on what I've seen, but I think the next game will tell us the most. The first teamers will play the most on both sides so I'm interested to see who does the best. My bet is on Morency, but Lundy can still take it I think.

RTP2110
I'd like to see Morency take more reps with the 1st team next week before I get too excited.

LORK 88
08-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Morency because he's got a year of NFL experience under his belt, but I think they need to be rotated. Thankfully, I really dont care anymore if Davis comes back or not, we're looking great so far.

texan279
08-19-2006, 11:13 PM
morency hands down

Hulk75
08-19-2006, 11:14 PM
After seeing Vernond running with that speed and shaking guys AND pass blocking...............I am glad I am not the GM.

BigDTexansFan
08-19-2006, 11:16 PM

Morency Vs Lundy, that is like a date same night same time with 2 supermodels. I would rather we have this problem, then why our RB can't run or catch a pass like a lot of other NFL teams :bananasplit:

edo783
08-19-2006, 11:22 PM
IMO, I don't think Lundy is ready to be an NFL starter until he can pick up the blitz. If he could do that as well as Morency, then it's pretty much a toss up between them. That's not a bad thing. At this point, it looks like we may not have much of an issue at RB is DD isn't able to make it for bit.

GoTexans
08-19-2006, 11:22 PM
I like Morency way better in obvious pass situations. He can handle the blitz.

Morency and Lundy should get the most carries while D.D. rehabs.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-19-2006, 11:24 PM

Love having two RBs to pick from...and three later in the season when DD is healthy.

Trapped
08-19-2006, 11:31 PM
mario, he drew the rams to 2 holding calls. So that was pretty good. that effects the game too along wit his batted block pass, stopping the run, and aiding peek wit a pair of sacks.

i think he played like the 5th best player in the draft. last week he played like a 25th pick. he's making progress he will eventually get there.

ooops wrong thread.
I want to see Morency next week against Denvers first team. then we will have a clearer picture.

Grid
08-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Morency won me over in this game. I liked the physical way he played, i liked his speed, i liked how fast he hit the hole, and of course I liked his pass blocking.

Morency = 15 Carries a game
Lundy = 8-10 Carries a game

texan279
08-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Morency won me over in this game. I liked the physical way he played, i liked his speed, i liked how fast he hit the hole, and of course I liked his pass blocking.

Morency = 15 Carries a game
Lundy = 8-10 Carries a game

yep, looks like DD may have lost his job if morency can be consistent for the next 2 weeks...

Goldeagle
08-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Give the slight edge to Morency right now because of his pass blocking.

Totally agree with this.

I think he is a better runner, not much, but better.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-20-2006, 12:03 AM
Totally agree with this.

I think he is a better runner, not much, but better.

:(

I keep hearing about his pass blocking. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday when NFLnet replays the game.

gtexan02
08-20-2006, 12:32 AM
Morency seemed to have done well, based on his numbers, but do remember he was playing against the 2nd team defense and got a lot more carries than Lundy. Some backs work better when getting into a rhythm.

I think both could and would do well in this system. Lundy may not be much of a blocker so far, but he has great hands and has shown he can be a between the tackles, carry the load type.

Morency is quicker and can make people miss in the open field.

I love the combination, why feel the need to pick?

michael123
08-20-2006, 12:35 AM
morency is more calm, he will start the season lundy will be helping out i hope both of them get a 100yrd game

Hardcore Texan
08-20-2006, 12:37 AM
Morency definitely has the edge, but him and Lundy make a great 1, 2 punch. I am worried DD will have more pain in his knee, but it is nice to know these other 2 guys are up for the challenge, and I don't think they will hold the team back.

rockabilly
08-20-2006, 12:39 AM
Morency looks great out there. He looks like he can break one everytime he runs.

bayoudreamn
08-20-2006, 12:46 AM
off subject, but there's a poll on nfl.com right now w/ morency and smith. The question is which afc south backup rb has best chance of starting in reg. season. Addai is the top vote grabber w/ around 40%.

Smith 5%
Morency 3%

I love it when the world doesn't know a secret

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-20-2006, 01:00 AM
morency is more calm, he will start the season lundy will be helping out i hope both of them get a 100yrd game

True. Lundy is more a wild man! I love his game when he's taking on tacklers in the open field.

For those of you that haven't seen it. Check out Lundy's highlights on Yahoo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/hou

Morency does seem more of a scrimmage line RB. Similar to DD.

phan1
08-20-2006, 02:04 AM
Morency is without a question the better back. Not only is he a better blocker, but I also trust his hands more out of the backfield. I've been saying for a long time that he is the most physically talented RB we have, with better speed than DD. Pysically, the 2 shouldn't even be compared.

I actually think Lundy is a very average big sized RB, with very good vision in this zone-blocking scheme. But there's nothing that tells me he is a legit starter in the NFL or even a legit backup. No breakaway speed, suspect hands, not particularly bruising, not good in pass protection.

Just seeing Morency makes me salivate over what's going to happen when DD come back. Having both DD and Morency healthy for us would be great for this team. Though last I checked, DD isn't very good in pass protection.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-20-2006, 03:24 AM
Lundy is a very average big sized RB

Lundy 5'11" 211lbs.

Morency 5'9" 212lbs.

Davis 5'9" 227lbs.

phan1
08-20-2006, 04:44 AM
Lundy 5'11" 211lbs.

Morency 5'9" 212lbs.

Davis 5'9" 227lbs.

LOL, I meant he is a big sized RB who is just an average RB. :P

TK_Gamer
08-20-2006, 05:20 AM
just my oppinnion but I think the front office is still looking for another back. you have to have a back that can do it all as your main back. otherwise you end up with a joke like us rotating tightends on running downs. if they know one guy cant catch good or pass block good, they can bet the farm on it being a running play and be right most of the time. I hope morency's foot is sound and Lundy learns to block. but dont be surprised if we get another back by opening day.

veazeyt
08-20-2006, 05:43 AM
I think what we have seen between the two games and the two backs, is that the running game is working to make both backs play better than expected.

In both games, Lundy had productive numbers.

Tonight, we got to see what VM could do in the scheme.

I am willing to bet, if DD was healthy, he would probably do the most damage on the ground. Unfortunately, we'll probably never see the day.

But tonight shedded the importance on pass blocking. So VM gets the nod and we await eagerly to see we go from here.

So Kudos to Kubiak for bringing in a scheme that works no matter who plug in at RB.

jmerog
08-20-2006, 05:48 AM
I think both could and would do well in this system.

I love the combination, why feel the need to pick?

I completely agree. I would be thrilled to see a real one-two punch
from our backs. When dd comes back we will have an impressive stable of backs 3 deep. I cannot imagine having 2 ,1000 yd rushers or possibly 3.

Stampede
08-20-2006, 07:30 AM
Theres 8 million bonus reasons why morency has the edge. The opposing defense cannot be allowed to punish our qb like that. Until lundy gets the blocking thing down, morency is da man.

J-Man
08-20-2006, 07:54 AM
I mentioned on an earlier thread about RBs in pass protection that when all things are equal the guy that can pick up the rush will always get the nod.

I can tell you that I have seen better pure runners get less playing time than guys with protection skills in more than a few cases. I will have to wait until the NFL Network replay on Monday to catch the game to really get a better frame of reference (I'm in Ft Hood...right on the Mason-Dixon line of pro-football).

I agree with most of you that have to choose from GOOD options is way better than choosing from BAD options for a change.

RiotCommander
08-20-2006, 08:17 AM
off subject, but there's a poll on nfl.com right now w/ morency and smith. The question is which afc south backup rb has best chance of starting in reg. season. Addai is the top vote grabber w/ around 40%.

Smith 5%
Morency 3%

I love it when the world doesn't know a secret

I cannot exactly blaim them for not knowing when before the Rams game I didn't think he was that great either. I wish DD could play out a season healthy, but lets be real, he has not been able to do that these last few years. I think Morency looks like the more complete back out of the ones we have seen in preseason, but Lundy can work on his blocking and make a run for the spot too. Just I hope he realizes you cannot just slowly progress at that. Getting your QB hammered or getting holding calls does not go over well with anyone.