PDA

View Full Version : Roster

Texans Horror
08-17-2006, 12:53 PM
All this talk of moving players around (BJ at Fullback/Long Snapper; Mario Williams at FB; Pickett at Safety) has got me thinking that we're looking at the roster all wrong. So I developed a roster that is guaranteed to improve our record more than anything Kubiak, the number one draft pick, or new schemes could ever do. Enjoy, and let me know if you think anyone should be moved around.

Texans Horror
08-17-2006, 12:53 PM
Offense

Fullback: Spencer. He was a TE in HS, so I know he has good hands.
Running Back: Weaver. I understand he played offense in HS and scored 11 touchdown. We could use somebody like that.
Quarterback: Sage Rosefels. Cause with a name like Sage, he has to be good.
Wide Receiver: Winston. He played TE, so he has good hands, too.
Wide Receiver: Pickett. Pick-it? Get it? (Somebody else made the joke.)
Tight End: Pitts. Blocking Tight End.

The line is going to be real quick this year to better accommodate Kubiak's faster, lighter philosophy.

Left Tackle: Dunta Robinson. The LT has to be very knowledgeable about the game. Who better than Dunta?
Left Guard: Babin. This position can’t be more unnatural from his spot at linebacker last year.
Center: Bennie Joppru. His experience as Long Snapper will make him the quintessential Center.
Right Guard: Bruener. He is a great blocking TE.
Right Tackle: Travis Johnson. Somebody on the line has to be big.

Texans Horror
08-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Defense:
It’s an all new front seven!!! One side big, the other small (as opposed to weak/strong side line)

LDE: Andre Johnson. One reason: Speed and size. Okay, two reasons.
LDT: Moulds. Veteran leadership, and besides, I didn’t want to separate Andre and Eric.
RDT: Weary – size, size, size
RDE: Wiegert – cause Weary & Wiegert sounds cool.

LLB: Armstrong: I want this guy on the field.
MLB: McKinney. He had trouble on the other side of the ball, so I want to line him up against a Center. Oh, yeah. Payback’s a beeotch.
RLB: Wand. I’ve heard he’s fast as a linebacker. Now he gets to prove it.

Cornerbacks: Spencer. He can do anything. Probably everything, too, from what I've been hearing lately...
Chad Stanley: Monster size (6’3”) and he played basketball. Am I the only one not seeing this connection?

Safeties: Peek. This guy’s a mad –cow bullrusher, and we need somebody with that kind of intensity playing in the backfield.
Kris Brown. Forget converting Pickett. Kris was a HS QB.

Kicker: Dominic Davis. It’s now against the rules to harm him.

Runner
08-17-2006, 12:57 PM
This is really something. I'm not sure what, but something!

Texans Horror
08-17-2006, 01:03 PM
More special teams players:

Punter: Flanagan. He has a heavy foot.
Long Snapper: Mario Williams. Like Spenser, he can do anything, so he should be able to pick this up. He may also play TE/Wide Receiver as the situation sees fit.
Returns: Demeco. He seems like a nice guy, and I feel bad for having bucked him off the team.

Texans Horror
08-17-2006, 01:05 PM
This is really something. I'm not sure what, but something!

Let's call it frustration mixed with a readiness for the real season to start.

AFD1717
08-17-2006, 01:28 PM
I say we cut Sage and Kubiak back at QB. If he's this good on the sideline, imagine how we'd do with him under center. Along those same lines, Sherman was brought in to fix the o-line...

texflex513
08-17-2006, 01:48 PM
While we are at it.. Rick Smith at RB and Shanahan at WR.

Texans Horror
08-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Thousandth Post!!!!! Woohoo! :redtowel:

AFD1717
08-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Thousandth Post!!!!! Woohoo! :redtowel:
Congratulations.

Texans Horror
08-17-2006, 01:56 PM
I say we cut Sage and Kubiak back at QB. If he's this good on the sideline, imagine how we'd do with him under center. Along those same lines, Sherman was brought in to fix the o-line...

Now that's a brilliant idea. But you have to have a backup QB. Stanley used to play in HS...

DocBar
08-17-2006, 02:01 PM
More special teams players:

Punter: Flanagan. He has a heavy foot.
Long Snapper: Mario Williams. Like Spenser, he can do anything, so he should be able to pick this up. He may also play TE/Wide Receiver as the situation sees fit.Returns: Demeco. He seems like a nice guy, and I feel bad for having bucked him off the team.
Makes me even happier that we didn't draft Bush. We'd be the laughingstock of the league with Bush as a longsnapper.:cowboy1:

Doom Capers
08-17-2006, 02:06 PM

TexanFanInCC
08-17-2006, 03:10 PM
i think this thread is funny. sadly, i would find it interesting to see what a lineup like this would do. or course our o-line will get mauled oved on pass plays, but its okay i guess. if ya thought the media overgripes about our current starting "cruddy" o-line, then they would certainly have a field day talking about the line that was proposed.