PDA

View Full Version : Tuna lays down law with T.O.

texan279
08-17-2006, 01:36 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/michael_silver/08/17/owens/index.html

OXNARD, Calif.

wags
08-17-2006, 02:41 AM
[url]Cowboys coach Bill Parcells approached trainer Jim Maurer and pointedly said, "Look, you tell Terrell that tomorrow I want him out here for practice. Tomorrow's the day. I don't care. Tomorrow's the day."

Why didn't Parcells say this to TO's face?:confused:

kbourda
08-17-2006, 02:54 AM
Why didn't Parcells say this to TO's face?:confused:

Took the words right out of my mouth.

ThaShark316
08-17-2006, 02:56 AM
^^^Which makes me doubt this article....

mefool3030
08-17-2006, 05:16 AM
Dallas Vs. Houston umm who is the winner.... the winner is Dallas! Oopsie Doopsie Texans, should of not gone for Mario Williams. Bledsoe is going to step on Williams and complete a pass to Owens at the same time.

cap1
08-17-2006, 07:16 AM
Dallas Vs. Houston umm who is the winner.... the winner is Dallas! Oopsie Doopsie Texans, should of not gone for Mario Williams. Bledsoe is going to step on Williams and complete a pass to Owens at the same time.

How can you turn a 180 on a tread with this trolling crap? :brickwall :brickwall

HJam72
08-17-2006, 07:26 AM
19-10 :tease:

edo783
08-17-2006, 09:07 AM
With a handle like"MeFOOL" it pretty much fits what he said.

thunderkyss
08-17-2006, 09:17 AM
How many practices has Steve Smith missed so far with his Hamstring??

This is the media, stirring the pot......... that's all.

19-10

Huge
08-17-2006, 10:14 AM
^^^Which makes me doubt this article....
Along with the "one Cowboys player said...". Quotes from anonymous sources are always questionable.

texan279
08-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Along with the "one Cowboys player said...". Quotes from anonymous sources are always questionable.

If you played for the Tuna, would you want him to know you were spilling the beans about stuff that was going on? Not saying I beleive the story 100%, but I can understand someone playing for him wanting to remain unnamed.

kingh99
08-17-2006, 10:25 AM
I so want this to be a mess. The guy is mentally ill. The cowboys need to crash and burn for dancing with him.

texan279
08-17-2006, 10:51 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5879076

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones suggested last weekend that Owens needed to learn how to practice at less than 100 percent. The receiver insisted earlier this week that he knew only one way to practice - at full game speed.

Then earlier Wednesday, Bill Parcells reiterated that Owens needed to be back on the field.

And a couple of hours later, Owens was.

Parcells, who spoke only before practice, said perceptions that he was angry at the receiver were wrong.

"Can you get a little frustrated from time to time? Yeah," Parcells said. "But that's all. We'll see. Things will work out. ... I don't want to jeopardize the early part of the season by making a mistake here. I really don't."

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth.

You guys all blow this kind of stuff way out of proportion. Of course Bill probably told Terrell's face to face he wanted him back, but that doesn't mean a news reporter had to be right next to the two..

Parcells dogs his players every which way.. He knows everything about em', where their parents went to school, what their mascot was, etc. When asked about a rookie back in '03 about his chances for the team, he says- "Look, if Cason played a full load of 20 something carries, he would be in a coffin the next week."

I know alot of you dog ESPN for the ridiculous coverage on Terrell, but with threads like these popping up every week or so over here, they have a legitimate reason to do so I guess..

19-10.... a win over a 5-11 Dave Campo team 4 years ago.. yipee..

tulexan
08-17-2006, 06:21 PM
How many practices has Steve Smith missed so far with his Hamstring??

This is the media, stirring the pot......... that's all.

19-10

The only difference is that Steve Smith has a legit injury, while TO is just riding the bike every practice because he had no interest in playing in the first game.

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2006, 06:41 PM

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions -----------and when was that??????

Not very good arguments.................when was the last time the Girls won a Superbowl?........when you were around 5 years old?...........and they won their last Divisional championship when you were 8?...........You must have learned that in History class..........The Girls have had a much longer "dry spell" than the entire existence of the Texans.

Team history
Dallas Cowboys (1960-present)

Championships
League Championships (5)
Super Bowl Championships (5)
1971 (VI), 1977 (XII), 1992 (XXVII), 1993 (XXVIII), 1995 (XXX)

Conference Championships (10)
NFL Eastern: 1966, 1967
NFC: 1970, 1971, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1992, 1993, 1995

Division Championships (18)
NFL Capitol: 1967, 1968, 1969
NFC East: 1970, 1971, 1973, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1981, 1985, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998

Double Barrel
08-17-2006, 07:07 PM
"Because, let's face it, it's been a total spectacle so far"

Indeed! :popcorn: Can the Tuna control TO? Stay tuned!

cuppacoffee
08-17-2006, 08:32 PM
You guys all blow this kind of stuff way out of proportion. Of course Bill probably told Terrell's face to face he wanted him back, but that doesn't mean a news reporter had to be right next to the two..

Parcells dogs his players every which way.. He knows everything about em', where their parents went to school, what their mascot was, etc. When asked about a rookie back in '03 about his chances for the team, he says- "Look, if Cason played a full load of 20 something carries, he would be in a coffin the next week."

I know alot of you dog ESPN for the ridiculous coverage on Terrell, but with threads like these popping up every week or so over here, they have a legitimate reason to do so I guess..

And yet you keep coming back to read them. :rolleyes:

Cowpatty fans seem to revel in the past. Revel in 19 -10 then...:neener:

You really think espn reads this Texan message board?..:spy:

:coffee:

thunderkyss
08-17-2006, 10:04 PM
You guys all blow this kind of stuff way out of proportion.

you need to watch who you "You guys"....... I'm on your side....... T.O.'s the best..... I hope Andre Grows up to be just like him.

Steve Smith has a legit injury, and Terrell doesn't....... Yeah.... Okay. whatever.

19-10.............

mefool3030
08-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Owens is the best! The Tuna doesnt have to lay down the law for Owens because Owens is soooooo good. Owens will be ready for the season and ready to outrun the Texan's corners all day long. Tuna will see that the Cowboys easily win the superbowl once again!

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-18-2006, 12:28 AM
Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions -----------and when was that??????

Not very good arguments.................when was the last time the Girls won a Superbowl?........when you were around 5 years old?...........and they won their last Divisional championship when you were 8?...........You must have learned that in History class..........The Girls have had a much longer "dry spell" than the entire existence of the Texans.

Team history
Dallas Cowboys (1960-present)

Championships
League Championships (5)
Super Bowl Championships (5)
1971 (VI), 1977 (XII), 1992 (XXVII), 1993 (XXVIII), 1995 (XXX)

Conference Championships (10)
NFL Eastern: 1966, 1967
NFC: 1970, 1971, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1992, 1993, 1995

Division Championships (18)
NFL Capitol: 1967, 1968, 1969
NFC East: 1970, 1971, 1973, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1981, 1985, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998

Being a Cowboy fan, it doesn't matter how old or if you were able to witness the Cowboy's greatness, it's all about embracing the history of the finest organization in the NFL. Sure I was young when the Cowboys rocked the NFL, but it's all about living for it, with such history as 5-Super Bowl rings, how could I ignore such a feat and only focus on the 1999 (when I started watching)- to present Cowboys? Outlandish claim to say the least.

When a team wins 5-Super Bowls compared to a regular season game 4 years ago, there really is no comparison. 5 Rings > Pointless victory over a 5-11 team 4 years ago.

You really think espn reads this Texan message board?..:spy:

No, I'm not confining Texan fans specifically, I'm talking about the whole NFL world outside of Dallas. The ESPN.com boards are cluttered with threads such as these.

BTW, Thunderkyss, I see you at Cowboys-Forum.com all the time! This is TunaTexasStyle, what the bleep! :D

CloakNNNdagger
08-18-2006, 08:50 AM
RE. the Girls........Always living in the past makes living in the present very difficult.:hides:

cuppacoffee
08-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Being a Cowboy fan, it doesn't matter how old or if you were able to witness the Cowboy's greatness, it's all about embracing the history of the finest organization in the NFL. Sure I was young when the Cowboys rocked the NFL, but it's all about living for it, with such history as 5-Super Bowl rings, how could I ignore such a feat and only focus on the 1999 (when I started watching)- to present Cowboys? Outlandish claim to say the least.

When a team wins 5-Super Bowls compared to a regular season game 4 years ago, there really is no comparison. 5 Rings > Pointless victory over a 5-11 team 4 years ago.

No, I'm not confining Texan fans specifically, I'm talking about the whole NFL world outside of Dallas. The ESPN.com boards are cluttered with threads such as these.

BTW, Thunderkyss, I see you at Cowboys-Forum.com all the time! This is TunaTexasStyle, what the bleep! :D

What! There's an NFL world outside of dallas?..:rolleyes:

"it's all about embracing the history of the finest organization in the NFL."

You choose to cherry pick what you embrace. You must realize that 19-10 is part of the history of the "self proclaimed" finest organization in the NFL. At this point in time, the Texans own your team.

Any claim to being a "great organization" died with Tom Landry. IMHO

texan279
08-18-2006, 09:59 AM
They just showed a clip of a Parcell's interview on ESPN and Parcells said he did go to Jim Maurer.

Double Barrel
08-18-2006, 11:23 AM

When the team you've decided to bandwagon glosses themselves as "America's Team", they should be prepared to suffer the repercussions of such an outlandish claim.

"They may be 'America's Team,' but we're Texas' team," Oilers head coach Bum Phillips said. "And I wouldn't have it any other way."

And these words ring true for the Houston Texans, too. :howdy:

cuppacoffee
08-18-2006, 11:45 AM
They just showed a clip of a Parcell's interview on ESPN and Parcells said he did go to Jim Maurer.

I will repeat myself " Tunacells has been nuetered:

Sounds like he is talking out of both sides of his mouth now, or is it some other bodily orifice?

Tom Orsborn
Express-News Staff Writer

Dallas Cowboys coach Bill Parcells dismissed an SI.com report Thursday that suggested he ordered the team's head trainer to have receiver Terrell Owens ready for practice Wednesday.

"Why would I ever do that?" Parcells said, referring to his alleged conversation with trainer Jim Maurer. "Demanded?"

Translation, please don't get mad at me mr jerruh and mr owens, I didn't say a thing...:hides:

Tell me again that this is the tuna way of handling players..:crying:

The implosion continues in tunaland. Again, do not confuse this with concern, try unbridled glee...:yahoo:

Contrite Tuna In Denial (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/football/nfl/cowboys/stories/MYSA081806.cowboysTO.EN.debd4c4.html)

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-18-2006, 01:10 PM
When the team you've decided to bandwagon glosses themselves as "America's Team", they should be prepared to suffer the repercussions of such an outlandish claim.

Team I decided to bandwagon? What are you talking about?

And these words ring true for the Houston Texans, too. :howdy:

Too bad "Texas's team" couldn't manage to stay in Texas..

CloakNNNdagger
08-18-2006, 01:40 PM

You might go back to your History book..........you'll find that the Oilers would have gone nowhere without the general vote of the league.......and , even with majority vote, without the SPECIFIC approval of Stretch. Great way to eliminate competition, especially in Texas. They were self-proclaimed "America's team" and "Texas' team"............until 2002............It's all "history" since then..........It's all in your book.

Double Barrel
08-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Team I decided to bandwagon? What are you talking about?

I'm just yanking your chain, man. :neener:

I saw you were from Austin, so I figured you picked which team you followed.

yeah, well, chaulk it up to a really sorry and greedy owner. In fact, Houston would have recieved the NFL's expansion team (which became the Cowboys) if not for said owner's meddling ways.

But that's ancient history, just like the Houston Oilers. What we have now is a team called the TEXANS, which does aim to represent the great state of Texas and all Texans (who choose to be fans, of course). At least our team actually plays in the same city that it uses in it's name, unlike the Irving....errrr...[soon to be] Arlington Cowboys. ;)

powerfuldragon
08-18-2006, 02:10 PM
I drove past Irving on 35 on the way to OKC this past weekend. Texas stadium is fugly.

ATX_Texan
08-19-2006, 03:28 AM
Tuna is owned by TO. He is so afraid to tell him anything because he has seen the destruction TO caused everywhere else. I only hope that Tuna will quit on the Cowboys like he quit on the Patriots before their Super Bowl with Green Bay and like he did to Tampa Bay. There is no doubt who is running the show in Dallas, and it sure is not Parcells.

Maybe TO will let Tuna ride his bike during the games.

mefool3030
08-19-2006, 09:23 AM
2006 TEXANS SCHEDULE
September 14................Taft Junior High School
September 21...............Cub Scout Troop #101
September 28................Houston Blind Academy
October 05.................Spanish American War Vets
October 12................ Crippled Children's Home
October 19............... Montgomery Mental Hospital
October 26................ Girl Scout Troop # 353
November 02.................Texas Venereal Disease Clinic
November 09.................Sugarland Boys Choir
November 16.................Korean Amputees
SPECIAL MONDAY NIGHT GAME
December 08..................Cypress Gay Boys Club
** RULE CHANGES FROM LAST YEAR **
1 - When playing polio patients, the Texans must not disconnect
knee
braces. 2 - When playing the Blind Academy, the Texans must not hide
the
football under their jerseys.
** RULES THE SAME FROM LAST YEAR **
1 - A touchdown (this is when the ball is carried over the goal
line
for all you Texans fans that have never seen this) it is still worth 6
points.
2 - The Texans will be allowed 20 men on the field at all times.
3 - The Texans will be allowed to substitute with band members at
anytime.
4 - The Texans will be awarded 10 timeouts as opposed to 3 for the
opposing team.
5 - The Texans will be awarded a first down with each gain of
three
yards or more, instead of the usual ten yards.
** NAME CHANGE **
The Houston Texans will be changed to the "Houston Tampons" as they
are
only good for one period and have no second string.

cuppacoffee
08-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Tuna is owned by TO. He is so afraid to tell him anything because he has seen the destruction TO caused everywhere else. I only hope that Tuna will quit on the Cowboys like he quit on the Patriots before their Super Bowl with Green Bay and like he did to Tampa Bay. There is no doubt who is running the show in Dallas, and it sure is not Parcells.

Maybe TO will let Tuna ride his bike during the games.

I can't help it, I just love the train wreck that is cowpattie training camp

"Bill Parcells spent the first portion of practice having a one-sided conversation with trainer Britt Brown," Mosley writes. "A few minutes later, he ripped into strength and conditioning coach Joe Juraszek for taking too long with the stretching.

"Later in practice, he ripped into veteran offensive tackle Jason Fabini after the offense allowed four sacks on the first six plays of team drills. Fabini appeared to make the mistake of responding to Parcells.

"At the end of practice, Bill ripped into his team.

You notice he didn't rip into TO. Like the article says, some players are referring to him as tuna "the chicken of the sea."

Chicken of the Sea (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

ArlingtonTexan
08-19-2006, 10:58 AM
I know we love pile on the Cowboys, well because they are the cowboys, but this is the best media made non-story of the summer.

TO hamstring injury lasted almost to the day the same length of time that the Steve Smith and thomas Jones hammy issue lasted with thier teams. The most drama was listening Parcell's irration with being asked about it more than any issue with Owens over that type of injury.

GuerillaBlack
08-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Andy Reid is probably laughing his ass of at Dallas.

mefool3030
08-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Ya laughing at his ass being kicked by TO

Wolf
08-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Aug. 17, 2006) -- Just when you think Terrell Owens and Randy Moss are going to be good citizens and become great teammates, you get slapped in the face with their temperamental antics again.

First in Dallas, Owens is auditioning for the Discovery cycling team. I don't doubt he has something wrong with his hamstring, albeit mild, and I know he isn't stupid -- although he did say he was misquoted in his own book. I have to believe that everything Owens does comes with a purpose and an agenda.

Could the much-speculated meltdown between Terrell Owens and Bill Parcells happen BEFORE Week 1?
Could the much-speculated meltdown between Terrell Owens and Bill Parcells happen BEFORE Week 1?
Now I know he's a great football player and I know Bill Parcells is a Hall of Fame coach, but T.O.'s latest circus act has got to be driving Parcells crazy. I've read reports where people want to compare Owens to former Parcells player Lawrence Taylor and how Parcells had two sets of rules: one for L.T. and the other for the rest of the team. We can say what we want about Taylor and his own book and his demons, but he was besieged by a drug addiction as opposed to Owens, who is addicted to himself.

Players like Owens obviously don't understand the significance of their actions. I really have wondered just how contrite Owens could be after his last debacle in Philadelphia, but with him wearing a Discovery Team cycling shirt and helmet, he's making a mockery out of Parcells and whatever rules the coach places upon injured players.

Many injured players are required to do some physical exercise while their teammates are out on the field practicing. New York Jets head coach Eric Mangini basically puts his injured players through triathlon training while their teammates are on the field. The message: don't get injured, because practice for injured players is going to be tougher than for those who are not injured.

So if Parcells does in fact have rules for his injured players and Owens knows those rules and shows up looking like he's competing in the Tour De France, he mocks Parcells and his rules by making a spectacle of himself -- truly disrespectful to a Hall of Fame coach. As far as the press is concerned, this is only going to get better, and the Parcells-Owens relationship is only going to get worse.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9606498

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-19-2006, 06:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9606498

Old news man.

Terrell took part in a lil' Tour De Oxnard, there ain't nothing wrong with that. So what if he poked fun at the media's attention of him over on the stationary bikes, Terrell's expressing himself as a player and person, gotta love it. If the media's going to turn it into such a big deal, he'll actually give them something to watch. It's not the end of the world, just a little humor.

The only guys who keep bringing this little joke up is you guys and the media.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/football/nfl/specials/preview/2006/08/10/bc.fbn.cowboys.tohamstr.ap/T1_TObike_AP.jpg

You might go back to your History book..........you'll find that the Oilers would have gone nowhere without the general vote of the league.......and , even with majority vote, without the SPECIFIC approval of Stretch. Great way to eliminate competition, especially in Texas. They were self-proclaimed "America's team" and "Texas' team"............until 2002............It's all "history" since then..........It's all in your book.

I didn't understand a word you just said. :p

I'm just yanking your chain, man. :neener:

I saw you were from Austin, so I figured you picked which team you followed.

yeah, well, chaulk it up to a really sorry and greedy owner. In fact, Houston would have recieved the NFL's expansion team (which became the Cowboys) if not for said owner's meddling ways.

But that's ancient history, just like the Houston Oilers. What we have now is a team called the TEXANS, which does aim to represent the great state of Texas and all Texans (who choose to be fans, of course). At least our team actually plays in the same city that it uses in it's name, unlike the Irving....errrr...[soon to be] Arlington Cowboys. ;)

There are plenty of other teams who play outside of their towns- Giants, Jets, Redskins to name a few.. Cowboys Park in Arlington's going to be epic. State of the art stadium, worthy of holding over 100,000 fans, while ol' Reliant has there oh so special retractable roof.. Cowboys Park will be a landmark Texas and the rest of the world will be proud of, with not a corporate sponsor naming the stadium, but a name Cowboy fans can be proud of.

Standing alongside the Ball Park in Arlington and Six-Flags Over Texas, right smack in between Fort Worth and Dallas, this looks to be a perfect situation for the Cowboys.

I drove past Irving on 35 on the way to OKC this past weekend. Texas stadium is fugly.

Most 31 year old stadiums are.

I can't help it, I just love the train wreck that is cowpattie training camp

"Bill Parcells spent the first portion of practice having a one-sided conversation with trainer Britt Brown," Mosley writes. "A few minutes later, he ripped into strength and conditioning coach Joe Juraszek for taking too long with the stretching.

"Later in practice, he ripped into veteran offensive tackle Jason Fabini after the offense allowed four sacks on the first six plays of team drills. Fabini appeared to make the mistake of responding to Parcells.

"At the end of practice, Bill ripped into his team.

You notice he didn't rip into TO. Like the article says, some players are referring to him as tuna "the chicken of the sea."

Chicken of the Sea (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

Uh, the players aren't calling their head coach "chicken of the sea." That's a load of BS if I ever saw one.. But what can you expect from the rumor mill of profootballtalk.com

Wolf
08-19-2006, 06:29 PM
I do like the cowboys (when they aren't playing the Texans) , yet I hope T.O. doesn't ruin their season. great talented guy but head was put on wrong.

If the Cowboys start out slow or have a rough time within a very hard division, I wondered if Rod Tidwell will explode err I mean Terrell Owens will explode.

Double Barrel
08-19-2006, 06:32 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/football/nfl/specials/preview/2006/08/10/bc.fbn.cowboys.tohamstr.ap/T1_TObike_AP.jpg

Just curious...he's wearing a helmet on a stationary bike? :um:

Oh, I get it! It makes people look at him and take pictures. :ok:

There are plenty of other teams who play outside of their towns- Giants, Jets, Redskins to name a few.. Cowboys Park in Arlington's going to be epic. State of the art stadium, worthy of holding over 100,000 fans, while ol' Reliant has there oh so special retractable roof.. Cowboys Park will be a landmark Texas and the rest of the world will be proud of, with not a corporate sponsor naming the stadium, but a name Cowboy fans can be proud of.

Standing alongside the Ball Park in Arlington and Six-Flags Over Texas, right smack in between Fort Worth and Dallas, this looks to be a perfect situation for the Cowboys.

Well none of these teams gloss themselves as "America's Team", so it makes it extra special to mock and hate the Cowboys.

Besides, both NEW YORK teams could be named after the state, not the city. Who's to say?

Your attempt to belittle Reliant Stadium not withstanding, the new ballpark in Arlington will be a nice complex. And it goes with what I've always maintained is the best part of Dallas: Arlington. :shades:

Anyway, good luck with the TO thing. The fact that Cowboys fans are acting like he's their savior is quite amusing, considering how much you people HATED the man last year this time. But I suppose fairweather fans could and should have fairweather emotions, so no big deal to me.

Wolf
08-19-2006, 06:34 PM
I wonder what the Philly fans were saying after the initial trade from baltimore/s.f. ..I hope history doesn't repeat itself

GuerillaBlack
08-19-2006, 06:39 PM

Reliant Stadium will still be a good stadium. A renovatio would put it on par with that the soon to be Arlington Cowboys. And since the Astrodome is going to become something bigger than the Gaylord Texan in Grapvevine, look for the Texans to have the best facility for years to come.

One for thing, at least the City of Houston has won a championship in Sports.

CloakNNNdagger
08-20-2006, 03:17 PM
TO is now saying that he has reinjured his hammy, and will not be playing until 100%...........probably not until the 2nd game of the season. And why did he reinjure himself?????...................it's ALL Tuna's fault. This looks like another BOOK of BLAME in the making. Meanwhile, all of us Girl "lovers" can sit back relax, and enjoy the previews of "the made-for-TV movie."

A league source tells us that Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens is claiming that he has re-injured his hamstring, and he is blaming it on the fact that he was rushed back to practice before he was ready, and that he got too many reps during practice.

We're told that Owens is now taking the position that he won't be playing or practicing until he concludes that he is at 100 percent, and that he's privately saying that he might not be at 100 percent until the second week of the regular season.

The Cowboys are scheduled to have a one-hour walk through on Sunday morning in preparation for Monday night's game at the Saints. But since coach Bill Parcells has said that Owens won't play on Monday night due to the 14 practices that he missed due to the hamstring injury, it's unlikely that Owens will be expected to participate. The Cowboys are off on Tuesday, and resume practice on Wednesday.

Whether Owens is merely blowing smoke remains to be seen. But if he decides to take a pass on practice until he believes he's back to 100 percent, the stage will be set for all-out war between T.O. and the Tuna.
Link (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

CloakNNNdagger
08-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Just saw a clip on Sports Center.........Rosenhaus (TO's agent) essentially telling the media to bug off........that his client has a "serious injury" that was caused by the pushing by Parcells AND Stretch. Could this threat be not only a movie in the making, but possibly the saber rattling of a lawwwwwsuitttt in the drafting...........Forget the popcorn, pass me Clarrett's bullet proof vest.......I want to watch the action up close and personal.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-21-2006, 09:43 AM
TO is now saying that he has reinjured his hammy, and will not be playing until 100%...........probably not until the 2nd game of the season. And why did he reinjure himself?????...................it's ALL Tuna's fault. This looks like another BOOK of BLAME in the making. Meanwhile, all of us Girl "lovers" can sit back relax, and enjoy the previews of "the made-for-TV movie."

A league source tells us that Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens is claiming that he has re-injured his hamstring, and he is blaming it on the fact that he was rushed back to practice before he was ready, and that he got too many reps during practice.

We're told that Owens is now taking the position that he won't be playing or practicing until he concludes that he is at 100 percent, and that he's privately saying that he might not be at 100 percent until the second week of the regular season.

The Cowboys are scheduled to have a one-hour walk through on Sunday morning in preparation for Monday night's game at the Saints. But since coach Bill Parcells has said that Owens won't play on Monday night due to the 14 practices that he missed due to the hamstring injury, it's unlikely that Owens will be expected to participate. The Cowboys are off on Tuesday, and resume practice on Wednesday.

Whether Owens is merely blowing smoke remains to be seen. But if he decides to take a pass on practice until he believes he's back to 100 percent, the stage will be set for all-out war between T.O. and the Tuna.
Link (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

I think your following Terrell's case in Dallas more than I.. Terrell's just taking the proper pre-cautions to get himself ready for September 10th vs. Jacksonville. What's the point in risking a sore hammy for a couple of a series in a pre-season game? No harm in that, the guy doesn't need to prove anything, just relax and take it easy.

Again, another article from the rumor mill of Profootballtalk.com.

Besides, both NEW YORK teams could be named after the state, not the city. Who's to say?

I'm to say, too bad Giants Stadium’s in New Jersey.

Mr. White
08-21-2006, 11:29 AM

I see this disclaimer a lot about PFT around here, but it seems to me like they hit a lot more than they miss.

:shoot:

mefool3030
08-21-2006, 12:24 PM
You guys say some retarded stuff. Think before you type.

CloakNNNdagger
08-21-2006, 01:25 PM
I think your following Terrell's case in Dallas more than I.. Terrell's just taking the proper pre-cautions to get himself ready for September 10th vs. Jacksonville. What's the point in risking a sore hammy for a couple of a series in a pre-season game? No harm in that, the guy doesn't need to prove anything, just relax and take it easy.

How many AGENTS get involved in the media with a simple situation like this, one that is common among all teams??? TO with his shannigans has attracted all that is coming back to him. Someone needs to put a sock in it......although there is probably not enough room left there to share with his foot.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-21-2006, 05:57 PM
How many AGENTS get involved in the media with a simple situation like this, one that is common among all teams??? TO with his shannigans has attracted all that is coming back to him. Someone needs to put a sock in it......although there is probably not enough room left there to share with his foot.

Mr. Rosenhaus was simply sticking up for Terrell reguarding the media's on-slaught of theories over a simple, common hamstring injury.

Terrell is a work-horse, you can call him selfish or whatever, but one thing's for sure, he goes all out, 100% of the time. You saw him playing in the Super Bowl with screws in his leg, why would he fake a hamstring injury in training camp? He's out to prove himself.

Double Barrel
08-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Terrell is a work-horse, you can call him selfish or whatever

Alright, he's selfish. :ok:

Oh, and one more thing:

http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/253963/owens_star1.jpg

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-21-2006, 06:52 PM
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/589/switchsig4rl7.jpg

"I will embrace the star."

Double Barrel
08-21-2006, 07:02 PM
"I will embrace the star."*

*for $25 million.

Heck, I'm a known Cowboys-hater, but I'd get a freakin' Dallas star tattooed on me for that kind of jack!

Wolf
08-21-2006, 07:03 PM
AGAIN, I need to find out what Philly fans said before their season.

a leapard can't change it's spots

HJam72
08-21-2006, 07:05 PM
You saw him playing in the Super Bowl with screws in his leg, why would he fake a hamstring injury in training camp?

Because it's training camp and not the Super Bowl. He just doesn't want to practice. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it looks anyway.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-21-2006, 07:17 PM
"I will embrace the star."*

*for $25 million.

Heck, I'm a known Cowboys-hater, but I'd get a freakin' Dallas star tattooed on me for that kind of jack!

Like Mr. Rosenhaus said, the Cowboys and Terrell are a match made in heaven. The Cowboys need Terrell and Terrell needs the Cowboys. Many teams vyed for the Terrell, but ultimately he decided to join the Cowboys, America's richest tradition, a team that is universally recongnized across the world.

Because it's training camp and not the Super Bowl. He just doesn't want to practice. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it looks anyway.

He's a workout freak. He wouldn't jeporadize the trust of his teammates so early in the season.

jgl35
08-21-2006, 08:28 PM
AGAIN, I need to find out what Philly fans said before their season.

a leapard can't change it's spots
Philly fan here. Much the same as Dallas is now.

When he first came to the Eagles most everybody said here is the player we needed to get to the Super Bowl. One of the top receivers in the game, gives McNabb what he needed most, and remember McNabb recurited him at the pro bowl and had a lot to do with selling Reid and the FO to sign him.

The things that when on in SF where said to be "playing on a bad team", '' just didn't like Gracia" things like that. He wanted to be in Philly, he said so in public more then once. McNabb was his friend.

After his game in the Super Bowl, this guy could have owned Philly and beleive me when I tell you that is not an easy thing to do for someone playing on any Philly sports team. Didn't matter to him. What did matter is the money.

He said if he did not get the money he wanted he would disrupt training camp and the football team. He did what he said. Sent home from camp and liffed barbells in his driveway in New Jersey. Got kicked out and is gone.

What is so difference in lifting barbells in Mooristown, N.J. and riding a bike in Oxnard, Ca.? It is to disrupt, to take over and that is what it is all about with him. He has disrupted Dallas without ever playing a down for them.

Just what do you think he will do if Romo wins the starting job and Romo does not give this guy the passes he wants. He ripped McNabb in a book, and that was his friend.

I should love what is going on in Dallas as an Eagles fan, but I don't. I want to see the Cowboys and the Eagles play each other at their best, not with one team looking around wondering what this fool will do next.

His name is not used in this post for a reason. I don't think he is worth the effort to be mentioned by name.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Philly fan here. Much the same as Dallas is now.

When he first came to the Eagles most everybody said here is the player we needed to get to the Super Bowl. One of the top receivers in the game, gives McNabb what he needed most, and remember McNabb recurited him at the pro bowl and had a lot to do with selling Reid and the FO to sign him.

The things that when on in SF where said to be "playing on a bad team", '' just didn't like Gracia" things like that. He wanted to be in Philly, he said so in public more then once. McNabb was his friend.

After his game in the Super Bowl, this guy could have owned Philly and beleive me when I tell you that is not an easy thing to do for someone playing on any Philly sports team. Didn't matter to him. What did matter is the money.

He said if he did not get the money he wanted he would disrupt training camp and the football team. He did what he said. Sent home from camp and liffed barbells in his driveway in New Jersey. Got kicked out and is gone.

What is so difference in lifting barbells in Mooristown, N.J. and riding a bike in Oxnard, Ca.? It is to disrupt, to take over and that is what it is all about with him. He has disrupted Dallas without ever playing a down for them.

Just what do you think he will do if Romo wins the starting job and Romo does not give this guy the passes he wants. He ripped McNabb in a book, and that was his friend.

I should love what is going on in Dallas as an Eagles fan, but I don't. I want to see the Cowboys and the Eagles play each other at their best, not with one team looking around wondering what this fool will do next.

His name is not used in this post for a reason. I don't think he is worth the effort to be mentioned by name.

I'm not quite sure what you're watching, but in no way is Terrell "disrupting Dallas." Seems the only people thinking that are people outside of the Cowboy's fanbase.. All it is is the media and you guys over-magnifying a simple hamstring injury, waiting for any controversey. The Cowboys, especially the defense, have looked real sharp this off-season, Terrell has taken young rookie Sam Hurd under his wing, things are going fine with the Cowboys.

Riding a bike is nursing an injury.

Cowboys-Eagles-- http://youtube.com/watch?v=CBk7ebjvY60

Terrell vs. Donovan whether you like it or not, bring it on.

CloakNNNdagger
08-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Like Mr. Rosenhaus said, the Cowboys and Terrell are a match made in heaven. The Cowboys need Terrell and Terrell needs the Cowboys. Many teams vyed for the Terrell, but ultimately he decided to join the Cowboys, America's richest tradition, a team that is universally recongnized across the world.

I understand..........Like a toilet bowl craves a turd and a turd needs a toilet bowl.:shades:

CloakNNNdagger
08-21-2006, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=HowBoutThemCowboys!]I'm not quite sure what you're watching, but in no way is Terrell "disrupting Dallas." Seems the only people thinking that are people outside of the Cowboy's fanbase.. All it is is the media and you guys over-magnifying a simple hamstring injury, waiting for any controversey. The Cowboys, especially the defense, have looked real sharp this off-season, Terrell has taken young rookie Sam Hurd under his wing, things are going fine with the Cowboys.

That's why Rosenhaus made the point and emphasized the fact that TO's injury was "SERIOUS" ???????? Title of article: Agent for Cowboys WR Owens says injury is serious (http://fflivewire.com/Article.asp?ID=oqd9044wtc326m)

Riding a bike is nursing an injury.

.........It's egotistically drawing unnecessary attention to yourself when wearing bright silver and yellow biking outfits and wearing a bicycle helmet.............especially when by all accounts, it is obvious to everyone that a controversy has already arisen............no other reason than to stir the pot and gain attention when otherwise you are not the center of attention.

He's a workout freak. He wouldn't jeporadize the trust of his teammates so early in the season.

Now that's especially funny coming from you........a Freudian slip?????????

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-21-2006, 09:58 PM
Dagger, it was for ONE practice out of 14. A simple joke, poking fun at the media's attention. The guy has personality, Parcells had a good laugh about it, it's over. Like I said before, you guys are the only ones who keep bringing this up.

A hamstring injury is serious. Any injury in football is serious, and should not be taken lightly, especially as a WR, who gets nailed everytime he catches a ball.

CloakNNNdagger
08-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
I'm not quite sure what you're watching, but in no way is Terrell "disrupting Dallas." Seems the only people thinking that are people outside of the Cowboy's fanbase.. All it is is the media and you guys over-magnifying a simple hamstring injury, waiting for any controversey. The Cowboys, especially the defense, have looked real sharp this off-season, Terrell has taken young rookie Sam Hurd under his wing, things are going fine with the Cowboys.

Dagger, it was for ONE practice out of 14. A simple joke, poking fun at the media's attention. The guy has personality, Parcells had a good laugh about it, it's over. Like I said before, you guys are the only ones who keep bringing this up.

A hamstring injury is serious. Any injury in football is serious, and should not be taken lightly, especially as a WR, who gets nailed everytime he catches a ball.

Am I missing something?

michaelm
08-22-2006, 05:49 AM
Am I missing something?

Unfortunately, you appear to be missing the ability to suspend logical thought while posting.

Continue reading HowBoutThemCowboys posts and I'm sure you will come around...

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-22-2006, 07:39 AM
Am I missing something?

Any injuries, simple or not should be taken seriously and with caution.

Great one MichaelM....

HJam72
08-22-2006, 08:35 AM
Any injuries, simple or not should be taken seriously and with caution.

Well, I guess that makes Parcells kind of stupid. :tease:

CloakNNNdagger
08-23-2006, 08:58 AM
A hamstring that occurs in game like conditions is understandable. One that occurs during regular training exercises makes the conditioning and the conditioning program the culprit. It is interesting to now find out that TO's training regimen has been dictated by his personal team, the Girls team.......even during the formal preseason period. Looking at his personally prescribed conditioning regimen, it is easy to see why TO may not be in optimal condition. My first big suspicion that someone doesn't know what they're doing was when I heard of these strange hyperbaric "Michael Jackson" treatments for his hammy........never heard of this treatment having ANY significant proven effect for this type of problem. This piece (LINK) (http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/08/22/200624.php)essentially leads you through the journey where TO has called the shots with his training and rehab, basically independent of the Girls input.........and Stretch et al have condescended to this stupidity. The same team that is responsible for TO's "conditioning" injury is now directing his rehab. I don't know who is more stupid.......TO for playing with his career, or the Girls for plaing with their investment. As has always been the case in the past, TO demands all CONTROL, but no RESPONSIBILITY...........as Stretch and company resigns themselves to kissing buuutttt in the delusional hopes of history not repeating itself.
[Be sure to click on and read the links within the above link]

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Yawn, Terrell hamstring this, Terrell hamstring that.. The man brought in his own staff to take a look at it, so what? Parcells has mentioned that on several occasions throughout his coaching history player's have done the same thing.. The fact you do so much research over Terrell is amazing.. it really is.. Terrell is a hard-worker who'll (and is) bouncing right back in the flow of these, just like he did when he played the Super Bowl with a broken ankle.

Double Barrel
08-23-2006, 10:48 AM
HowBoutThemCowboys!, do you promise to come back and visit us if/when the TO experiment implodes? :howdy:

HJam72
08-23-2006, 12:30 PM
HowBoutThemCowboys!, do you promise to come back and visit us if/when the TO experiment implodes? :howdy:

He's only 16. I say we just let him walk away. Lesson learned.

CloakNNNdagger
08-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Wonder what reader that would be??????????

POSTED 8:58 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 9:40 a.m. EDT, August 23, 2006
INJURY MIGHT TIE TUNA'S HANDS

A league source raised with us on Tuesday night a great point -- and one of our readers echoed it this morning.

To the extent that the Cowboys would contemplate dumping Owens and his $5 million salary before it becomes fully guaranteed on the first weekend of the regular season, the fact that Owens has a hamstring injury that he claims was aggravated by a premature return to practice would result in either an injury settlement or a grievance, if he is cut before he is completely healed.

And maybe that's why (as we reported early Sunday) Owens is taking the position that he might not be 100 percent until the second week of the regular season, since even one game check obtained is worth nearly $300,000.

In fact, the recent statement by Jerry Jones that Owens might have another MRI on his hamstring could be part of a plan by the team to ensure that he's technically "healthy" before they make a final decision as to whether having T.O. and the intense media scrutiny that he attracts for the full course of a 17-week season is worth the headache.

We're not saying that they will let him go. But it would be stoopid not to at least consider it, given what has transpired over the past few weeks.

Meanwhile, kudos to the reader who pointed out to us this morning that, while Owens has missed 15 practices and counting with a "serious" hamstring pull that has yet to show any damage on an MRI, safety Keith Davis has been going strong despite having a bullet in his leg. link (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

cuppacoffee
08-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Well, I guess that makes Parcells kind of stupid. :tease:

Kinda removed any doubt when he signed on TO.

CloakNNNdagger
08-23-2006, 07:00 PM
A SECOND MRI performed yesterday has basically come back negative. The only finding was that of some fluid in the muscle. This is reflective of muscles with even the slightess of swelling, even a mild contusion.

Yesterday, Jim Rhome on his show had a very interesting take. He stated that Stretch made the statement not to worry that he, TO and Parcells were all on the "same page." Rhome came back with " That's ridiculous........they aren't even in the same book. The TO/Parcells standoff is coming to a boil as neither is truly backing off. Parcells is letting TO know that if he doesn't practice, he's not going to play him. TO in his usual passive-aggressive manner is essentially telling Parcells, you don't play me......I don't practice.

Maybe you all can't figure out who's going to win this one, but you can look at who's going to be the big loser (or should I say bigger "losers")..........the Girls should read The Book and substitute the word "Eagles" with "Girls"......and those who can't read can have someone who can, read it to them before bed time instead of the usual Grimm Fairy Tales.

cuppacoffee
08-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Yawn, Terrell hamstring this, Terrell hamstring that.. The man brought in his own staff to take a look at it, so what? Parcells has mentioned that on several occasions throughout his coaching history player's have done the same thing.. The fact you do so much research over Terrell is amazing.. it really is.. Terrell is a hard-worker who'll (and is) bouncing right back in the flow of these, just like he did when he played the Super Bowl with a broken ankle.

Yawn, must not be boring you too much, you came back for more.

No research needed on TO. Its all been publicly displayed on ESPN for the last couple of years.

Hard work pedaling that stationary bike.:rofl:

I take extreme pleasure knowing that TO has outsmarted jerruh and tuna.

TO :banana: going to the bank with jerruhs :money: priceless

mefool3030
08-23-2006, 08:16 PM
It's going to be hilarious when TO destroys the Texans corners and safetys. I know y'all have had a bad team for four years, but don't worry, they will come around eventually. It's just pretty funny how much y'all buy into the hype of the media. It's also hilarious reading the postings about how much Bush is going to suck and how Williams is going to be all pro (all of this based on two meaningless preseason games, where Bush had barely had any carries). People should wait for the actual season to start before assuming everything right now is how it's going to be for the rest of the year. TO is injured WOW what a controversy. This guy couldn't take a ***** without everyone here (and everywhere else) talking about it.

CloakNNNdagger
08-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Kinda removed any doubt when he signed on TO.

Unfortunately, he does not seem to have had any say in STRETCH's decision. Have you noticed that Parcells in all TV and paper media interviews since day #1 has never used TO's name............He has ALWAYS referred to him as "THE PLAYER." No doubt Parcells by now is ready to strangle both TO AND Stretch.

Txn_in_FL
08-24-2006, 09:26 AM
We all know how Parcells has his "complete control" issues when he coaches a team. If he decides that "to" is a detriment and wants to dump him prior to the season, if Jones doesn't let him you may have a situation where Parcells says "Up yours, I'm walking" and leaves. There are MAJOR egos competing here, no way this debacle lasts the whole season.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-24-2006, 12:22 PM
The same was said when Bill and Jerry became the joint forces.. "They will never coexist, unheard of." 4 years later, not a hitch has been found in the relationship.

Txn_in_FL
08-24-2006, 12:56 PM
The same was said when Bill and Jerry became the joint forces.. "They will never coexist, unheard of." 4 years later, not a hitch has been found in the relationship.

True but with a distinct difference. Both Tuna and Jerry want a winning football team, "to" wants attention and could care less about anything else. If Parcells feels that "the player" is not compatible with the team mindset and will screw up chemistry, then I think he would dump him in a heartbeat.