PDA

View Full Version : Lundy??????????

tboned2k6
08-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Could this guy carry the load if DD can't perform?

Tailgate
08-16-2006, 06:07 PM
I picked him up on my FF team just in case!

hollywood_texan
08-16-2006, 06:31 PM

I think your question will be answered after the final preseason game against Tampa Bay.

tsip
08-16-2006, 06:42 PM

Kubiak doesn't use just 1 rusher in his scheme like Caper's did--instead, he rotates his backs to keep them fresh throughout the game==Denver had 2 1000 yd rushers last year. With less work load (inc rec), DD could stay healthier in this system-no more 'play till you drop.'

Hookem Horns
08-16-2006, 06:50 PM
I think he can. That Denver system tends to produce stars out of late round guys. My money is on Lundy.

edo783
08-16-2006, 06:51 PM
DD could stay healthier in this system-no more 'play till you drop.'

To bad it didn't happen a year or two earlier. I feel for DD that he has been beat up so bad so early in his career.

infantrycak
08-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Kubiak doesn't use just 1 rusher in his scheme like Caper's did--instead, he rotates his backs to keep them fresh throughout the game==Denver had 2 1000 yd rushers last year. With less work load (inc rec), DD could stay healthier in this system-no more 'play till you drop.'

That is more a function of the players Denver had last year and injuries than a consistant theme. The carries are generally heavily lopsided in favor of one player--ex. 2000 Anderson 297, Davis 78; 2002 Portis 273, Anderson 84; 2003 Portis 290 carries, Griffen 94; 2004 Droughns 275 carries, Bell 75.

The Pencil Neck
08-16-2006, 07:01 PM
That is more a function of the players Denver had last year and injuries than a consistant theme. The carries are generally heavily lopsided in favor of one player--ex. 2000 Anderson 297, Davis 78; 2002 Portis 273, Anderson 84; 2003 Portis 290 carries, Griffen 94; 2004 Droughns 275 carries, Bell 75.

Exactly.

I think Denver has preferred to have 1 main back but they've been so good at picking (or training) RB's that when one goes down, they've immediately got a replacement who does just as well. Like shark's teeth.

hollywood_texan
08-16-2006, 07:02 PM
To bad it didn't happen a year or two earlier. I feel for DD that he has been beat up so bad so early in his career.

Don't feel too bad because he did get a good bump from his rookie contract before the 2005 season.

But, that contract could bring his release sooner if he is unable to perform to the level comenserate with his pay.

jdog
08-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Lundy definitely has a nose for the opening. When he returned the kick he surprised the Chiefs announcers by finding a crease and gaining yards. He seemed to find a good hole most of the times he had the ball. Was it a coincidence that he had better holes than Smith? I think not.

Marcus
08-16-2006, 08:09 PM
I think the sooner we forget about DD, the better. He's damaged goods.

Hey, look at the bright side. No more of those dump-offs to DD any more. Time to turn the page.

rmartin65
08-16-2006, 08:17 PM

Hey, look at the bright side. No more of those dump-offs to DD any more. Time to turn the page.
Thats harsh man, but I see what you are saying. DD should not be used as the crutch anymore.

Carr Bombed
08-16-2006, 08:22 PM
I think we should see how DD does on the field before we just write him off

I am excited about Lundy though he looks like he has great vision.

Marcus
08-16-2006, 08:28 PM
I think we should see how DD does on the field before we just write him off.

That's just it. I don't think he's ever going to take the field again . . . not this season at least.

infantrycak
08-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Hey, look at the bright side. No more of those dump-offs to DD any more.

Get used to seeing the dark side then--this system will have plenty of dumps to the RB's as well. 6 of Sage's 18 attempts were to RB's.

Carr Bombed
08-16-2006, 08:35 PM
That's just it. I don't think he's ever going to take the field again . . . not this season at least.

I think he'll play this season. I think DD just doesn't want to go through all the riggers of camp and wants to save himself ware ant tare. I think he's just being catious with his knee and wants to bring it along slowly

jdog
08-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Does anyone think there is some sort of a power struggle type issue here with DD saying I am the man I don't have to try out and Kubiak saying everyone can be replaced?

painekiller
08-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Hey if you count anything you get from DD as gravy from here on out then you have the right idea. We have a solid group of RBs without DD right now. That is a good thing.

If DD sees the field than we got a bonus. But unless DD get past the mental part of his injury, he is done.

Marcus
08-16-2006, 08:52 PM
I think he'll play this season. I think DD just doesn't want to go through all the riggers of camp and wants to save himself ware ant tare. I think he's just being catious with his knee and wants to bring it along slowly

This (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showpost.php?p=406438&postcount=14) is why I don't think he'll play this season. And I'll go further than that . . I think his career is over.

jdog
08-16-2006, 09:01 PM
This (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showpost.php?p=406438&postcount=14) is why I don't think he'll play this season. And I'll go further than that . . I think his career is over.

Wow. I hope the best for him. If this is true, I would not play if I were him. If it is true, I hope he does not play. I hate the thought of guys knowingly running their bodies into the ground. Don't get me wrong. I like to see them knock the tar out of each other. That's football. You workout for it. Ruining your body...no.

BigTimeTexanFan
08-16-2006, 09:22 PM

Real nice! I hope you appreciate what he has done so far for this team. I am confident that he will return and be a star.

Vinny
08-16-2006, 09:27 PM
I don't know if this was posted already but it's an AP piece on Lundy...

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/state/15289347.htm

DocBar
08-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Lundy definitely has a nose for the opening. When he returned the kick he surprised the Chiefs announcers by finding a crease and gaining yards. He seemed to find a good hole most of the times he had the ball. Was it a coincidence that he had better holes than Smith? I think not.
It COULD'VE been coincidence. Smith started the game and the OL was a little out of synch. Lundy came in after the jitters and butterflies were gone. I still think Smith is cut after TC. Lundy looked very good.

Tale Gator
08-16-2006, 09:36 PM
It was the 10th question mark that made me post in this thread.

texun
08-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Maurice Clarett is available. All that is required is a $5 million signing bonus so he can make bail.

Insideop
08-17-2006, 04:21 AM
I don't know if this was posted already but it's an AP piece on Lundy...

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/state/15289347.htm

Vinny, Thanks for the thread. I hadn't seen that article before, although I had read in a previous article awhile back about Lundy's personal life with all the hardships. It's good to see a young man with his head on right these days, especially a high profile pro-athlete. With all the bad news out there on other athletes it sure looks like Kubes and staff picked some good ones. Both on the field and off the field! :ok:

phan1
08-17-2006, 04:55 AM
I can't wait to see Morency get a few reps. He should still be our most physically talented RB, I would like to see how he's handling the new system now.

Josey
08-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Ok, we all know DD is a good back when he's healthy, but that's the key...he never seems to be healthy. I know Lundy will have to proove he's a durable back as well, but, in all honesty (This is MY OPINION) I've never truly been a DD fan...

With Smith and Lundy I in the backfield now, I truly think our running game can go to the next level.

I know there will be DD supporters flamin me, but, again this is my opinion and I'd like to see what everyone thinks as well.

Pigskin Porkers
08-17-2006, 09:52 AM
Ok, we all know DD is a good back when he's healthy, but that's the key...he never seems to be healthy. I know Lundy will have to proove he's a durable back as well, but, in all honesty (This is MY OPINION) I've never truly been a DD fan...

With Smith and Lundy I in the backfield now, I truly think our running game can go to the next level.

I know there will be DD supporters flamin me, but, again this is my opinion and I'd like to see what everyone thinks as well.

You forgetting about MOrrency?

Josey
08-17-2006, 10:04 AM
You forgetting about MOrrency?

Yeah pretty much...

Texans_Chick
08-17-2006, 10:08 AM
Whoever survives camp looking the best will get the starts.

John McClain in one of his podcasts mentioned DD with the Eagles opener. Personally, I have a hard time seeing that unless he is able to start practicing.

Kubiak has mentioned DD, kinda in passing, being ready for game 4,5,6.

Lundy is a back that is similar in size to a number of successful Bronco backs in the past. So he has that going for him.

Check out this recent AP article about Lundy:

Link: Texans' rookie RB wants more than great preseason start
(http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8JHPMI01.html)

Josey
08-17-2006, 10:10 AM
sweet thanks for the article....

texflex513
08-17-2006, 10:14 AM

Im not gonna rag you for your opinion because thats why this board is here. DD is my favorite player...I still think its wide open for our #2 back lets say morency rushes for a hundred yards or close to it sat. We would then think he was more suited. Its gonna be a good battle over the next 2-3 games. The best thing that can happen is every one of our backs look good out there. I see lundy or morency starting the season but i think DD gets his job back shortly thereafter.

rittenhouserobz
08-17-2006, 10:17 AM
I would love to have Lundy and Morency doing all the running in the first 6 weeks. That could only mean DD would be that much fresher at the end of the year. Remember the playoffs could add an extra 1-4 games to the end of the year. Having DD save his energy for later is not bad as long as he is practicing by week 3 or 4.

Josey
08-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Im not gonna rag you for your opinion because thats why this board is here. DD is my favorite player...I still think its wide open for our #2 back lets say morency rushes for a hundred yards or close to it sat. We would then think he was more suited. Its gonna be a good battle over the next 2-3 games. The best thing that can happen is every one of our backs look good out there. I see lundy or morency starting the season but i think DD gets his job back shortly thereafter.

If DD get's healthy and performs, then I will be a happy camper, who wouldn't love a backfield with all 4 of those guys healthy. But to me, he's so unreliable....it makes me nervouse...does that make sense...

Josey
08-17-2006, 10:19 AM
I would love to have Lundy and Morency doing all the running in the first 6 weeks. That could only mean DD would be that much fresher at the end of the year. Remember the playoffs could add an extra 1-4 games to the end of the year. Having DD save his energy for later is not bad as long as he is practicing by week 3 or 4.

That's a VERY VERY good point....and once he gets into the lineup, lundy and M rest some...then (If the NFL Gods are smiling upon us) we'd have fresh legs for the playoffs from all the backs...

kingh99
08-17-2006, 10:21 AM
"Lundy??????????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could this guy carry the load if DD can't perform?"

I dunno but I hope they stop putting Smith in with first team. He's too slow to hit the hole.

Josey
08-17-2006, 10:22 AM
"Lundy??????????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could this guy carry the load if DD can't perform?"

I dunno but I hope they stop putting Smith in with first team. He's too slow to hit the hole.

That's the ?? mark...can he be durable as well. But I think all the backs, including David will be a lot more healthy this year w/the new OL....

texflex513
08-17-2006, 10:24 AM
If DD get's healthy and performs, then I will be a happy camper, who wouldn't love a backfield with all 4 of those guys healthy. But to me, he's so unreliable....it makes me nervouse...does that make sense...

Makes perfect sense...Its how we all feel right now.:shades:

El Tejano
08-17-2006, 04:56 PM
The one thing to remember is that if DD is not available, none of these guys are going to carry the load.

It Will Be A RB By Committee.

That probably would be the best things for the rooks at this point in their career as they get acclimaited to the NFL game and create a competition within the games.

If DD can go we will work him and hopefully we get him in his best form.

powerfuldragon
08-17-2006, 04:59 PM
I really want wali to make the team.

Vinny
08-17-2006, 06:14 PM
I think he is a lock to make the team. I just heard Vandercarr just say he was starting this week. Can anyone confirm? I wasn't listening well.

aj.
08-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Lundy starting at RB. Spencer starting at LT. (is what I heard loud and clear)

powerfuldragon
08-17-2006, 06:20 PM
I think he is a lock to make the team. I just heard Vandercarr just say he was starting this week. Can anyone confirm? I wasn't listening well.
yeah, i heard it too along with greenwood and orr starting as OLB's?

Texans_Chick
08-17-2006, 06:20 PM

Hmmmm. Interesting. Should be an interesting test given the blitzes that will be coming.

I'm a guessing that Reliant Energy was smart in only featuring 4 offensive linemen in their commercials.

jdog
08-17-2006, 06:23 PM
The training camp quotes from Kubiak today state that the RB order against the Rams will be Lundy, Morency, and Rhodes.

Runner
08-17-2006, 06:35 PM

And at RT? Given that Wand had a lot of reps at RT last night, I'm assuming that Wand is at RT due to Weigert not being there and Kubiak is checking various combinations, as he is on the d-line. I'm sure to others this is a sure sign that Spencer is our starter from here on out.

It's a nice chance for Spencer to play against first string. This is going to be a fun game to watch.

Does anyone think this might be indicative of the coaches being worried about Weigert's availibility for the regular season?

mefool3030
08-17-2006, 06:46 PM
I've heard from multiple very secret sources that Domanick Davis is heading to Tennessee for Lendale White. "Texans need Lendale White." Lundy is now the new starter of the team while White will be the backup. Vince Young is very angry because of what is happening.

aj.
08-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Does anyone think this might be indicative of the coaches being worried about Weigert's availibility for the regular season?

I don't think it's indicative of Weigert's availability per se, but you can almost count on Weigert and Flanagan missing some games this year so practicing Plan B when it doesn't count is good planning as far as I'm concerned.

I saw Weigert out there last night and he was dressed but just didn't participate like some of the other vets.

Runner
08-17-2006, 08:18 PM
I don't think it's indicative of Weigert's availability per se, but you can almost count on Weigert and Flanagan missing some games this year so practicing Plan B when it doesn't count is good planning as far as I'm concerned.

I saw Weigert out there last night and he was dressed but just didn't participate like some of the other vets.

Good. We need to start the season with a full rack of o-lineman.

I'm also assuming Weigert misses time at some point during the year, but I think we have that covered with depth. I am more concerned what we do if Flanagan goes down, which also wouldn't be too surprising.

I think we can handle one guard injury too, the way Weary has looked. Either he or McKinney will be a good back-up. Wouldn't it be something if Weary ended up starting?

aj.
08-17-2006, 08:33 PM
If Weary keeps it up, he will overtake McKinney on the depth chart this season. I love the competition for a change. I am not convinced that Hodgdon can handle center week in and week out.

I was talking to Brad Bedell's wife Jessica last night at practice and we had this same conversation. My hat is off to these fringe guys busting their ass in camp, not knowing if they will be making 560k this year or doing nothing.

O.G.
08-17-2006, 09:22 PM

Thanks A.J., that's what I wanted to know and hear. If Lundy looks very impressive, I believe he will be the new 2nd string running back. IMO and by the start of week one, he would be the starter with Morrency backing him up and Smith at short yard situations. All of this is with DD not being available and 80 percent. If by chance he is, Lundy moves back to the 2nd string running back.

Hulk75
08-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Maybe????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????

Runner
08-18-2006, 03:35 PM
And at RT? Given that Wand had a lot of reps at RT last night, I'm assuming that Wand is at RT due to Weigert not being there and Kubiak is checking various combinations, as he is on the d-line.

I was wrong about part of this, and right about another.

I was wrong about Wand starting at RT.

I was right about Kubiak checking various combinations of lineman. They want to see how Spencer and TJ play with and against first string competition, but this game does not signify a change in the depth chart for either of them.

As I've stated before, I am really impressed with these coaches who are willing to look at different options to check and see if their assumptions/evaluations are right. It beats the stubbornness of the last group, who seemed to make up their minds and not consider anything after that.

Texans Horror
08-18-2006, 03:47 PM
As I've stated before, I am really impressed with these coaches who are willing to look at different options to check and see if their assumptions/evaluations are right. It beats the stubbornness of the last group, who seemed to make up their minds and not consider anything after that.

Sounds like the two types of posters on this board...

Texans Horror
08-18-2006, 03:49 PM
I was wrong about part of this, and right about another.

I was wrong about Wand starting at RT.

Never admit you're wrong, Runner. It's a sign of weakness. :crutch:

Runner
08-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Never admit you're wrong, Runner. It's a sign of weakness.

I disagree. I think if people change their minds in the face of new evidence it shows that their brains are engaged and they actually think. I like to think it's a sign of strength.

Don't trust the opinion of someone who has never been wrong.

Sounds like the two types of posters on this board...

You got that right!

tsip
08-18-2006, 04:10 PM
I disagree. I think if people change their minds in the face of new evidence it shows that their brains are engaged and they actually think. I like to think it's a sign of strength.

Don't trust the opinion of someone who has never been wrong.

You got that right!

...exactly. I was raised to believe I could learn something new every day and to keep an open mind and--if I was wrong, admit it/learn from it/go on--if I'm right, don't belittle those who were wrong...no body is perfect (at least on this planet)

HomeBred_Texan
08-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Well, sorry but I am not a DD fan. He has done OK for us in the past, but that was old coaching. So now let's move on. Lundy is starting at RB against the Rams and if he shines, who knows. Him and Morency may be our 2 backs of the future. But I never eat an egg before it is cracked. So we will see.

HOU-TEX
08-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Well, sorry but I am not a DD fan. He has done OK for us in the past, but that was old coaching. So now let's move on. Lundy is starting at RB against the Rams and if he shines, who knows. Him and Morency may be our 2 backs of the future. But I never eat an egg before it is cracked. So we will see.

I agree with you. I wouldn't be upset at all if they were. Especially if that is what Coach Kubs decides. I'm not on the DD fanwagon either just because he's been injury prone ever since he came.

That would be interesting, eating an egg before it's cracked

GoTexans
08-19-2006, 12:32 AM

I love what I saw last saturday.

Chris Taylor as well.

Texans have two potential 600-700 yard rookie backs under Kubiak's rotation that he loved to run in Denver.

DocBar
08-19-2006, 01:35 AM
I agree with you. I wouldn't be upset at all if they were. Especially if that is what Coach Kubs decides. I'm not on the DD fanwagon either just because he's been injury prone ever since he came.

That would be interesting, eating an egg before it's cracked
I have to agree with you that DD has been injury prone, but I think he's a very good running back. If he could excel in the debacle we called an offense the last four years, I would think he would be borderline great in this offense.
I hope he can fully recover and let us all find out. He was 24 yds shy of 1,000 yds his 1st 3 seasons. That's outstanding by anyones standards, but more so considering he has yet to play a full season. In the end, I'm for the best player on the field, whomever that may be.

Jwwillis
08-19-2006, 05:44 AM
05-20-2006
Jwwillis
Veteran Join Date: Jul 2004

"Um that wil be hard to measure

Sell

B/S

Wali Lundy will make the team and end up being Kubiaks starting HB."

I may have called it 5-20-06

Grits
08-19-2006, 01:37 PM
looking forward to seeing Rhodes in acton tonight. good pass catching back. If cut, I dont think there is any chance he makes it through waivers onto the practice squad. guys like that are extremely valuable to offensive coordinators

Bamaborn-Texasbred
08-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Maybe????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????

I love your avatar.

Trapped
08-19-2006, 01:52 PM
I think we can do without DD. I would go out to say that i won't even play him this year. Let him rehab and be fresh next year and compete for the starting job. That way we don't just hand him the job in week 8 or whatever.