PDA

View Full Version : Defense vs L.Johnson 05 vs 06

HeartofHouston
08-15-2006, 04:28 PM
This is strictly on the first 2 series of our games against KC from 05 and 06..

Larry Johnson 05 vs Our Defense
8 Rushes - 58 Yards - 7.3 YPC - LNG 23 yrds - 1TDs

Larry Johnson 06 vs Our Defense
7 Rushes - 30 yards - 4.3 YPC - LNG 11 - 0TDs

Could it be that it's just the preseason and maybe Johnson really wasnt working as hard as he normally would in the regualr season? It could it be that Our Defense has just gotten that much better against the run? or could it be a combination of both?

What do you think?

texflex513
08-15-2006, 04:38 PM
A little bit of both i think... He knows the starting job is his dont think he came out with full game intensity but in our defense i think our guys played a little harder coming out. In the regular season i still think we hold him below what he is used to. Our D is vastly improved.

gtexan02
08-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Edge had 2 rushes for -2 yards in his preseason game. Its not because the run defense of Pittsburgh is that much better than it has ever been (Edge has consistently torched them), but because its preseason. High caliber RBs generally don't work 100% in preseason. And understandably

HeartofHouston
08-15-2006, 05:04 PM
not completely disagreeing with you but AZ doesnt have anywhere close the Oline that IND has..

jdog
08-15-2006, 06:57 PM
not completely disagreeing with you but AZ doesnt have anywhere close the Oline that IND has..

KC's oline is probably a little worse this year too.

texanfan2100
08-15-2006, 09:42 PM

Could it be that it's just the preseason and maybe Johnson really wasnt working as hard as he normally would in the regualr season? It could it be that Our Defense has just gotten that much better against the run? or could it be a combination of both?

What do you think?

Great point about the KC offensive line. Willie Roaf is gonna be a big loss for them this year.

Wolf
08-15-2006, 11:02 PM
I don't want to play devil's advocate, but how does Larry Johnson do in the 4th Quarter? Some backs wear out a defense and in the 4th just tear them up (personally, I like our 8 deep in DL so I think we will be ok, but anyway)

infantrycak
08-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Some backs wear out a defense and in the 4th just tear them up

As an aside, IMO this has to be one of the classic myths of the NFL. If anything the 5-7 guys firing off the OL (with TE's) are wearing out the D. One guy taking turns being tackled by 7 guys all of whom outweigh him is not wearing out the D.

Wolf
08-15-2006, 11:33 PM
As an aside, IMO this has to be one of the classic myths of the NFL. If anything the 5-7 guys firing off the OL (with TE's) are wearing out the D. One guy taking turns being tackled by 7 guys all of whom outweigh him is not wearing out the D.

very true.. :thumbup:

Snapple
08-15-2006, 11:46 PM
This is silly. It's a preseason game. If you think LJ is trying his hardest right now, you're kidding yourself.

Next time we meet the Chiefs in the regular season, and LJ has four quarters to strut his stuff in a game that actually matters, that will be the real test.

da.texans
08-16-2006, 12:11 AM

What do you think?
I think it could be because the man I have on my Avatar force him change the direction into other defensive lineman :whip: :whip: :fireball: :fireball:

TexanFanInCC
08-16-2006, 08:21 AM

What do you think?

some of both. i think larry knows that the job is his now and doesnt have to battle anyone in camp. also, the texans defense is considerably bettere.

TexanFanInCC
08-16-2006, 08:23 AM

true. isnt willie roaf still "retired"? he is what makes that o-line special.

El Tejano
08-16-2006, 12:33 PM

What do you think?
To be quite honest. I wasn't happy with those stats as these all came directly up the middle. If I recall on that TD drive, they shoved the ball down our throat.