PDA

View Full Version : AP Review on the new MNF crew

Texans34Life
08-15-2006, 12:05 AM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_MNF_DEBUT?SITE=TXHOU&SECTION=SPORTS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

As Monday night's debut approached, Kornheiser played the expectations game like a Beltway spin doctor in a way that would make James Carville and Mary Matalin proud.

He was so nervous that he perspired not just through his shirt, but through his suit, Kornheiser wrote Monday in his "Monday Night Diary" in The Washington Post. He worried that on live television "it's very possible that there'll be so much water pouring off my body that I'll short out the entire electrical system at the Metrodome."

His flopsweat wasn't visible like Albert Brooks' gushers in "Broadcast News." And he already has the job - unlike Brooks' character, who blew his on-air audition.

Still, the low-expectations game continued through the show's opening. Tirico noted Kornheiser's 35 years as a writer, as well as his success on radio and ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption," adding: "And now you've made it to `Monday Night Football.'"

"I made it to it. Now will I make it through it?" Kornheiser responded as the other two laughed.

Double Barrel
08-15-2006, 12:50 AM
Well, I have to wonder how much is expected now that it's not on prime-time anymore. It was bland to partly annoying tonight, IMO.

texan279
08-15-2006, 01:04 AM
I can handle Tirico and Theisman, Kornholio was annoying from what I watched of the game.

ledzeppelin229
08-15-2006, 01:11 AM
They were mostly a failure from what I could tell. Hopefully its just preseason for them too, since they stayed on lame topics for too long to avoid real discussion and their "jokes", well all I can say is I think that's what they were aiming for.

threetoedpete
08-15-2006, 06:14 AM
The first MNF didn't run very smoothly also. Switch the dandy one with TK and it's pretty much the same story. They'll get it. Never did get use to Dennis Miller though. Thought he was funny, but he kinda trampled on the game.

Bullpen Drew
08-15-2006, 07:47 AM
Someone put Dennis Miller back on MNF!