PDA

View Full Version : Moss has frustrating return to Minnesota

texan279
08-14-2006, 11:28 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5873386

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Randy Moss' return to Minnesota was filled with frustration. The way Aaron Brooks played, that could continue when it counts.

Moss had one catch for 16 yards in his first game at the Metrodome since the Vikings traded him to Oakland before last season, and Brooks looked ragged again in the Raiders' 16-13 preseason victory on Monday night.

Moss, who lit up the Metrodome in the first seven years of his career, started the night with a feet-stomping tantrum after Brooks didn't see that he was wide open in the end zone.

After making his only catch of the game against second-team cornerback Dovonte Edwards in the second quarter, Moss was pulled by coach Art Shell. Moss stormed off the field and threw his helmet in disgust, stewing on the bench for the rest of the game.

texan279
08-15-2006, 12:13 AM
Oakland has one ugly offense right now. Gallery isn't any better than Wand at LT....actually I think Wand is a better LT than Gallery is. Brooks is miserable, so he is still consistant. He is the garbage time fantasy football qb from hell. I think Moss stays frustrated all year.

Oh yeah...the Vikings new uniforms are awful.

That is pretty much what I picked up from watching the game as well.

J-Storm
08-15-2006, 12:26 AM
Moss could be in for a VERY long year agreed. Because Brooks was more than terrible I thought, maybe it's confidence, maybe it's the O-Line, I don't really know *shrugs*...

If Andrew Walter could get his INT #'s down, he could be pushing Brooks (though again that's not saying a lot) with the latter riding the pine and clipboard holding...

I like the Vikes uniforms though, have to get me 1 of those (just wish it was 1 with #84 and Moss on it)...

edo783
08-15-2006, 09:52 AM
IIRC, Gallery did pretty well at RT after a bit. Might be a tad early to down him at LT, but lots of guys can never make the transition to LT. Wonder what they do if he can't? Move him back to RT and look for an LT I suspose. Brooks looked about as bad as any QB I have ever seen. Probably going to be a long season for the Raiders. Welcome to our 2005 season guys.

WildBlackBear32
08-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Moss could be in for a VERY long year agreed. Because Brooks was more than terrible I thought, maybe it's confidence, maybe it's the O-Line, I don't really know *shrugs*...

If Andrew Walter could get his INT #'s down, he could be pushing Brooks (though again that's not saying a lot) with the latter riding the pine and clipboard holding...

I like the Vikes uniforms though, have to get me 1 of those (just wish it was 1 with #84 and Moss on it)...

Moss has praised Walter's arm in the past and last night's longbomb TD should help his cause. I wonder if Crazy Al will press the issue to the new coach to let the young guy play if Moss wants him to play.