PDA

View Full Version : I'm already hating the new Monday Night Football

Carr Bombed
08-14-2006, 06:11 PM
Tony looks like he's up past his bedtime and the squawk box know as Joe Theisman annoys the hell out of me and is the worst broadcaster in football.

I think ESPN will breathe new life into Monday Night Football, but they absolutely need to get rid of Theisman, he sucks.......did I mention I hate Joe Theisman.
.I hate Joe Buck (the most overated broadcaster in sports, equally annoying) as well and hearing today that He'll host Fox's pregame show kinda ruined that for me as well.

Huge
08-14-2006, 06:15 PM
.......did I mention I hate Joe Theisman.
You did.

But it simply can't be stated enough. I hate Joe Theisman as well.

Indy
08-14-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm watching the countdown too and I feel your pain. I can't stand Joe Theisman, he's one of the biggest idiots that there are in broadcasting.

HomeBred_Texan
08-14-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm watching the countdown too and I feel your pain. I can't stand Joe Theisman, he's one of the biggest idiots that there are in broadcasting.
Bigger than Shannon Sharp and Irvin? I dont think so....

TexanSam
08-14-2006, 06:41 PM
I don't like Theissman either. I do like Joe Buck, but he's better at baseball than he is at football.

Indy
08-14-2006, 06:43 PM

Shannon Sharpe has his moments, but I agree with Irvin, he's probably worse than Theisman. I do like Jackson though

Carr Bombed
08-14-2006, 06:46 PM

Yes bigger than Shannon and Irvin, because you only have to deal with their idiocy for pregame or post game shows. You are forced to deal with Theisman's idiocy for 3 hours, while football is being played :brickwall

nunusguy
08-14-2006, 07:15 PM
I to think Theisman is weak, but he does know something about football.
Kornheiser is smart, very funny, but knows very, very little about football.
I dunno, maybe TK can make it on his wits alone, we'll see.
The play by play guy is solid. He's the only one of the trio that is, IMO.
Everybodys favorite LT from the 2004 Draft, Mr. All World just got embarresed by the Viking DLineman.

jjjezebel
08-14-2006, 07:31 PM
I hate Joe Buck (the most overated broadcaster in sports, equally annoying) as well and hearing today that He'll host Fox's pregame show kinda ruined that for me as well.
Aw man, Joe Buck is taking JB's spot? Guess I'll be avoiding all the pregame shows from now on.

Hookem Horns
08-14-2006, 09:40 PM
I can't stand Theisman. Didn't look like LT cared for him either.

http://www.emarklee.com/img/theisman.gif

Speedy
08-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Tony looks like he's up past his bedtime and the squawk box know as Joe Theisman annoys the hell out of me and is the worst broadcaster in football.

I think ESPN will breathe new life into Monday Night Football, but they absolutely need to get rid of Theisman, he sucks.......did I mention I hate Joe Theisman.
OH MAN!!! You're right. These guys are horrible! I've tuned in for about a quarter and a half now and I'm ready to jam an ice pick through my eardrum than listen to these guys any more.

Why didn't they keep the same Sunday night team they had? Granted, it still consisted of Theeesman, but the other 2 guys were pretty good and kept him in check a little more.

WildBlackBear32
08-14-2006, 09:46 PM
OH MAN!!! You're right. These guys are horrible! I've tuned in for about a quarter and a half now and I'm ready to jam an ice pick through my eardrum than listen to these guys any more.

Why didn't they keep the same Sunday night team they had? Granted, it still consisted of Theeesman, but the other 2 guys were pretty good and kept him in check a little more.

Tirico is probably one of the better PbP guys in the business. Kornheiser really doesn't have much to offer, so he can't be blamed for the terribleness of the broadcast. It's all on Thiesmann really.

aj.
08-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Mike Patrick was a good play by play guy. Nice pipes and could take it up an octave when needed. Turico's monotone and he almost sounds like he's reading a play by play transcript when he's calling the play. Paul MacGuire was a bozo.

WildBlackBear32
08-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Wow...why did I say Golic and not Tirico...

Double Barrel
08-15-2006, 12:47 AM
yeah, MNF ain't what it used to be.

Titan "Tack" Fan
08-15-2006, 01:18 AM
2 things:

1. The new mini scoreboard in the middle of the bottom of the TV was weird. They should make one that goes across the screen and is flush with the bottom.

2. Off topic, but, I turned on Jim Rome is Burning today and there was this really annoying guy in for Jim while he was on vacation. The guy had no personality and looked like he didn't want to be there. It was horrible. (FYI, i like jim rome). I had to change the channel it was so bad.

Good things about ESPN: Sportscenter (some people don't like it anymore, but i do) and NFL Live

threetoedpete
08-15-2006, 06:06 AM
Aw man, Joe Buck is taking JB's spot? Guess I'll be avoiding all the pregame shows from now on.
Thank you for that. Thought I was the only one. Do you get the feeling that the guys who pick these line ups in the booth are baseball/soccer guys just tring to stick it to us ? Inquiring minds want to know. It couldn't be this random and this awefull at the same time could it ? I believe some of it has to do demographics.
They're cattering to the Fifth ave. and Soccer Mom crowd. Not the hard core junkies amongst us. Just a hunch. ESPN lost me at Micheal "It's not my pipe" Irvin. Roll crack wagon roll.

Low Life
08-15-2006, 07:19 AM
I like Michael Irvin. To quote Ghostface
"Yall be nice to the crack heads" haaaa.
He makes me laugh and atleast he's only pre or post game and you don't HAVE to listen to him for the whole game. I didn't like the MNF crew.

edo783
08-15-2006, 09:13 AM
The new MNF crew are in a word "Limp". No snap or excitment to them at all. Another word might be "Boring".

WildBlackBear32
08-15-2006, 09:37 AM
The new MNF crew are in a word "Limp". No snap or excitment to them at all. Another word might be "Boring".

They've been working together for 3-4 hours. Did you have chemistry with your co-workers in your first half day?

KKHouston
08-15-2006, 09:39 AM

Yes. Bigger. Theisman needs to leave.. And Tony K? Oh, man, what a waste of space. Even Mike T looked embarrased to be with them.

Wharton
08-15-2006, 10:39 AM
Kornheiser really doesn't have much to offer, so he can't be blamed for the terribleness of the broadcast. It's all on Thiesmann really.I lasted about 5 plays.

When Kornheiser asked "The QB is 1 for 5, that isn't very good is it?", I turned off the TV and cleaned the kitchen.

:goodnight

WildBlackBear32
08-15-2006, 10:41 AM
I lasted about 5 plays.

When Kornheiser asked "The QB is 1 for 5, that isn't very good is it?", I turned off the TV and cleaned the kitchen.

:goodnight

I doubt he was serious...

jjjezebel
08-15-2006, 10:54 AM
I can't believe it. Tony K. irritated me more last night than Theismann did. I didn't think that was possible. 'Course I never liked the guy on PTI either.

tulexan
08-15-2006, 10:56 AM
I thought Tony did well for his first game. You could tell that he was nervous, but he will loosen up.

Beer and Metal
08-15-2006, 11:49 AM

"Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein."

Joe Theisman

19-10
08-15-2006, 12:01 PM
MT - B
JT - C
TK -F All the games should be regular season? 20 games??? It seemed that every thing he said was contrary to Theisman. By design??? Do we need two knucklheads arguing the whole game? I can turn on 610 any time of the day except 11-2 to here that crap.

The only guy I enjoy listening to do pro football (Aikman) is a damn Cowboy so that's tainted too.

Oh well like stated earlier - MNF aint what it used to be. It all went down hill with the comedian that replaced Boomer. It's sucked ever since

Sportsfan
08-15-2006, 03:08 PM
It blows. Why did they take it off of ABC anyway. I mean com'on MNF is like an American tradition! WTF?

Huge
08-15-2006, 03:11 PM
I think their biggest problem is they're continuously changing/adding things because they're attempting to maximize the viewers' pleasure. But in the process, they've gotten away from what made it great in the past.

As a kid, I used to get a kick out of the half-time highlites because of Cossell. If there were two teams that didn't matter to me or the family, we'd watch something else until half-time. Simple (but obviously done only the way Cossell can) yet still great.

Anybody else remember IBM presents "You Make the Call"? Simple yet still great. Sure it had it's corporate sponsorship but it wasn't constantly shoved down your throat.

It started going downhill for me ever since Hank Jr. made his appearance. While I'm a big fan of his music, he's got nothing to do (or should have nothing to do) with Monday Night Football. That was the first sign that ABC was going to try to make as big a production out of it as possible.

Double Barrel
08-15-2006, 03:41 PM
It blows. Why did they take it off of ABC anyway. I mean com'on MNF is like an American tradition! WTF?

Plain & simple: ratings. ABC can get better ratings with their regular programming than they could with MNF.

Last season the local ABC station decided to play "Desperate Housewives" instead of showing a live Texans game (Sunday night game). So much for being the "Houston Texans station" and all that hogwash, which they were promoting at the time.

nunusguy
08-16-2006, 04:55 PM
On PTI "Football guru" TK just named the NFC east as the best division in the NFL,
then promptly forgot what 4 teams are in that division. He left out the Giants when he ticked off the NFC east members.
Guy got his new job on MNF strictly thru his connections. End of story.

FilthySouth
08-17-2006, 01:25 PM
I like Kornheiser on PTI, but he plays that "heel" role, and is good at that, but I don't like him for MNF. He doesn't know that much about football, and his 7:00 bedtime routine is gonna get old REAL fast.

Tureico (sp?) is a great play by play guy, but couldn't get into the groove Monday. I hope fans give him another chance, and he takes said chance, because I do like him for the pbp.

Theisman gets on my nerves. The guy seems so brash, and just seemed to interrupt everyone Monday. He's gonna make Monday night a suffrage.

chuckm
08-17-2006, 01:42 PM
As a kid, I used to get a kick out of the half-time highlites because of Cossell. If there were two teams that didn't matter to me or the family, we'd watch something else until half-time. Simple (but obviously done only the way Cossell can) yet still great.

Back in those days we didn't have cable TV or the internet ... the halftime highlights were as anticipated as the game itself ....

jjjezebel
08-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Theisman is a tool.

Short, sweet, to the point, and most of all, true. I like that! :yahoo:

zwz404
08-18-2006, 11:30 PM
I agree, J Theisman is terrible.
But, the worst broadcaster was his buddy Paul Maguire. I couldn't
stand when that guy said something. I think he was just there to
make Theisman sound better. The guy was a complete idiot.
I didn't see Kornheiser's 1st broadcast, but it had to be better than
PM. But, I heard he was so nervous, he sweated thru his suit.

TEXAN65
08-18-2006, 11:44 PM
What MNF needs is Frank gifford, Dandy don, and some Madden. What a combination.:perfect10:

TexanBronco
08-19-2006, 07:01 PM
yes I agree Joe Theisman sucks but he is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better then John Madden

TexanSam
08-19-2006, 09:55 PM
On PTI "Football guru" TK just named the NFC east as the best division in the NFL,
then promptly forgot what 4 teams are in that division. He left out the Giants when he ticked off the NFC east members.
Guy got his new job on MNF strictly thru his connections. End of story.

Well that and having been a sportswriter for over twenty years. Because he forgot one team in the NFC East in one episode of PTI is extremely nitpicking it. I think you need a more credible argument than that to say Kornheiser isn't good for MNF.