PDA

View Full Version : Remember our first season?

afcman
08-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Remember the excitement? The first game? Remember the first time you saw the new stadium? We gotta get that back. I hope this season is the start of the road back.

gtexan02
08-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Season 1 excitement was easy to get. It didn't matter who was on the team, who was coaching the team, etc. We had an awesome new stadium and football in Houston. Thats enough to get everyone pumped.

This year is going to be a rebuilding process. Its like in a relationship. Trust is there from the start, but if you break it, it takes time to build it up again. Excitement for football in season 1 was a given, but the terrible coaching regime ruined it for us,and now its going to take time to build it to that level again. We boarders are already there, but the rest ofthe public will take a little time. They'll come around if coach Kubes keeps up his success!

BigDTexansFan
08-14-2006, 10:25 PM
texanpride Season 1 excitement was easy to get. It didn't matter who was on the team, who was coaching the team, etc. We had an awesome new stadium and football in Houston. Thats enough to get everyone pumped.

This year is going to be a rebuilding process. Its like in a relationship. Trust is there from the start, but if you break it, it takes time to build it up again. Excitement for football in season 1 was a given, but the terrible coaching regime ruined it for us,and now its going to take time to build it to that level again. We boarders are already there, but the rest ofthe public will take a little time. They'll come around if coach Kubes keeps up his success!

I got to agree with you, BUT I am thinking a 4-0 preseason followed by another defeat of Cowboys would really get things to rockin texanpride

TK_Gamer
08-14-2006, 10:38 PM
texanpride

I got to agree with you, BUT I am thinking a 4-0 preseason followed by another defeat of Cowboys would really get things to rockin texanpride

when we beat Indy we will be on our way. the one thing I like maybe more than the O-line performance saturday was we chipped away at the chiefs cover 2 defense. a good start on the road to beating Indy. throw in 5 sacks and only giving up 170 some yards offense. we are gonna get there. It might not be this year, but next year we will give any team a run for their money.

afcman
08-15-2006, 03:35 PM
This year is going to be a rebuilding process.

Wasn't that LAST year?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/060815&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

In four years of existence, the Houston Texans have won 10 home games. That is not very good. Houston has the same core problem as the Browns -- namely, its players. Return man Jerome Mathis is the sole gentleman on the roster who has made the Pro Bowl as a Texan. Check the Houston depth chart -- it's not for the faint of heart. Offensive line woes have exemplified this team's struggles -- the Texans have surrendered 229 sacks in four years. No team can give up 57 sacks per season and be a contender. Yet year after year, Houston neglects the offensive line in the offseason. Consult the depth chart for the all-important left tackle position: Listed first is Seth Wand, who did not start in 2005, and his backup is draft choice Charles Spencer, who played only one year at left tackle in college

Jerry Jones
08-15-2006, 03:39 PM
yeah i remember it quite vividly, thanks for that embarrassment!...good luck in this years texas bowl!!

Mayor_McCheese
08-15-2006, 04:15 PM
I foresee an 0-2 start for the Texans.. but they may actually beat the skins

afcman
08-15-2006, 04:24 PM
I can see us winning against the skins, bills, jets, raiders, and browns. At least we SHOULD.

titan hater
08-15-2006, 04:25 PM
I foresee an 0-2 start for the Texans.. but they may actually beat the skins

Mayor McCheese - Are you Nostradamos? Personally if I could make predictions as well as you I might have to try my hand at Veges. Anyway, I forsee an 0-1 start for your Eagles....Have a great year in Philly!!