PDA

View Full Version : One thing I LOVE about Kubiak!

David's Busted Carr
08-14-2006, 11:55 AM
He puts the PLAYERS on the field. He doesn't care what your name is or how much money you make.

Examples.

TJ riding the pine and getting called out for underperforming.

DeMeco Ryans getting a starting shot over 2 veterans who aren't cutting it.

Lewis Sanders working his way to the starting CB spot over Buchanon.

Jameel Cook not guaranteed the starting FB spot b/c he's not cutting it (even though that is what he was brought here for).

Todd Wade getting the AXE.

The bottom line is you better show up to PLAY. You aren't going to get a "free pass" b/c you are a high profile player. And you won't get special treatment either. If you screw up you WILL get called out. If you don't fix it or try harder, you WILL be riding pine.

This is the way to run a team. You earn ALL the players respect and they want to play hard for you and b/c they know they better or the guy behind them might take their spot!

Way to go Kubes!!! Keep it up!!!

Doom Capers
08-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Amen To That!!

rafterticket
08-14-2006, 12:19 PM
I was surprised at the starting outside linebackers, but not at the same time. The thing the team needed the most was a coach that rewards your hard work.

He's only going to put guys on the field that want to play.

TK_Gamer
08-14-2006, 12:34 PM
He puts the PLAYERS on the field. He doesn't care what your name is or how much money you make.

Examples.

TJ riding the pine and getting called out for underperforming.

DeMeco Ryans getting a starting shot over 2 veterans who aren't cutting it.

Lewis Sanders working his way to the starting CB spot over Buchanon.

Jameel Cook not guaranteed the starting FB spot b/c he's not cutting it (even though that is what he was brought here for).

Todd Wade getting the AXE.

Way to go Kubes!!! Keep it up!!!

I honestly dont think sanders did anything other than take the start by default becuase of hamstring problems with buchannon. I think opening day sanders will be the nickel. imho

Carr Bombed
08-14-2006, 03:00 PM
I honestly dont think sanders did anything other than take the start by default becuase of hamstring problems with buchannon. I think opening day sanders will be the nickel. imho

Same thing with Demeco Ryans. To be fair to the other Linebackers, Demeco got his shot because the other LBs have strugled with injuries, its unfair to say "they weren't cutting it". Demeco has taken this chance and run with it though and could earn a starting spot by the time the season starts.

TexansFanatic
08-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love this new coach. I think he's going to be a great one, and I feel lucky we have him. But the fact that he's not giving preferential treatment to veterans might, at this point, simply be because none of the old guard are "his guys". His only draft with the Texans was the '06 draft and the fact that he's starting a few rookies could actually be construed as preferential treatment toward "his guys".

I'm not saying this is true, just offering a different perspective....

afcman
08-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Imagine if we had one of the new hot QB's. I would LOVE to have seen that.

("You keep part'in that hair Carr....I'll put this other guy in")

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-14-2006, 07:22 PM
The bottom line is you better show up to PLAY.

Hell yeah!:challenge

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-14-2006, 07:25 PM
Imagine if we had one of the new hot QB's. I would LOVE to have seen that.

("You keep part'in that hair Carr....I'll put this other guy in")

LOL! Yeah, I remember a few weeks ago Coach didn't like Carr's performance in practice and got all over him.

I loved it! No pansies allowed! Not even pretty boy QBs! The message: If you start, you better show up to PLAY! HARD!

...or else you'll sit.

Toro
08-14-2006, 07:41 PM
That's always one of the biggest plusses when a new regime takes over-- noone is given immunity, regardless of their contract or draft status.

Kubiak comes from the hard edged mentality that you have to earn your roster spot. He's one who's going to get rid of the garbage quickly. :chicken:

GuerillaBlack
08-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Go Kubiak :D

AJExplosion80
08-14-2006, 08:19 PM
After what I seen from Sage Rosenfels Carr better bring his A game because Sage looked really good in the preseason game. I like they have competition kind of for Carr because Banks was never that good.

Toro
08-14-2006, 08:21 PM
After what I seen from Sage Rosenfels Carr better bring his A game because Sage looked really good in the preseason game. I like they have competition kind of for Carr because Banks was never that good.

I don't think Carr's too worried about a guy who couldn't beat out AJ Feeley and Gus Ferrotte.

BigDTexansFan
08-14-2006, 09:20 PM
I was wondering, I had heard Kubiak say ALL starters would play 1st half. Then after a couple of bad plays at QB. they pretty much pulled Carr and a few others from field. Wonder if they were pulled off to set the tone of no mistakes allowed on offense??

The Pencil Neck
08-14-2006, 09:33 PM
I was wondering, I had heard Kubiak say ALL starters would play 1st half. Then after a couple of bad plays at QB. they pretty much pulled Carr and a few others from field. Wonder if they were pulled off to set the tone of no mistakes allowed on offense??

Are you sure you heard 1st half or 1st quarter? I don't recall hearing going in how long the starters were going to play but it looked like pretty much 1st quarter for the starters with Lundy replacing Smith part of the way through. I don't know if that was for non-performance or not.

Porky
08-14-2006, 09:34 PM

He never said the starters would play the first half. He said most would play about a Qtr, with Ryans potentially playing a half. He pulled them exactly when he said he would.

TexanBacker93
08-15-2006, 01:36 AM
He never said the starters would play the first half. He said most would play about a Qtr, with Ryans potentially playing a half. He pulled them exactly when he said he would.

That's exactly what I heard as well. He did say he would rotate a lot of the O-line throughout the game, which they did. So, I think he kept to his gameplan and played the players as much as he planned on.

Hutch13
08-15-2006, 02:35 AM
And this is why i like Kubiak :redtowel:

shansmacker
08-15-2006, 07:28 AM
He's A no nonsense type of personality,he sends A consistant message to his players and more importantly he doesnt talk in cliches. He calls a spade a spade.All the guys know where they stand good or bad.Thats real leadership that men apreciate.