PDA

View Full Version : John McLain this morning

TexanFanInCC
08-14-2006, 09:15 AM
did anyone catch the whole conversation? give me the gist of it. all i heard was him talk about lewis sanders not really being the most talented, but the most consistent performer in the secondary. what else did he talk about?

HJam72
08-14-2006, 09:19 AM
did anyone catch the whole conversation? give me the gist of it. all i heard was him talk about lewis sanders not really being the most talented, but the most consistent performer in the secondary. what else did he talk about?

Well, it's McClain, so I'm sure he talked about hobknobbing with important people, the good old days, pigging out at the latest restaurant, and every new sport to come along that nobody cares about. Then, if he still had time, he may have mentioned something about that Houston NFL team that he gets paid to cover. :twocents:

Oh, oh, oh!--and I'm SURE he said a prayer to Reggie Bush in the name of his savior Vince Young.

Sportsfan
08-14-2006, 09:27 AM
He said Lewis Sanders pretty much has the other starting CB position.

Spoda
08-14-2006, 09:30 AM
he talked about how excited he is to see "snakes on a plane" and that he believes romo will take over for bledsoe this year...and that buchanon will not start... oh and he talked about an award he got and a speech he made

HJam72
08-14-2006, 09:39 AM
he talked about how excited he is to see "snakes on a plane" and that he believes romo will take over for bledsoe this year...and that buchanon will not start... oh and he talked about an award he got and a speech he made

OK, I was close. :)

Blu
08-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Oh and don't forget the Vida talk! :drool:

rafterticket
08-14-2006, 11:54 AM

What no one else mentioned: He might have talked about the Titans and their new quarterback more than the Texans. I gotta admit, this is the first time he got on my nerves. Ever. 'Cause I think there are a lot better things to talk about that revolve around the Texans right now.

nunusguy
08-14-2006, 12:08 PM
I've been known to dog "Hollywood" McClain on this Board, but will say this
about his performance on the Friday afternoon session on 610 (not this mornings): it was vintage McClain and very informative and entertaining.
He is an NFL insider, and when his memory is with him and functioning as it was Friday, he can tell some good anecdoes and even offer a touching if not profound experience he had in his lenthy travels.
And I thought he was pretty classy of him in saying it was no big deal that Moon forgot to mention him in his HOF acceptance speech, because you know it had to. And by many accounts, Moon defintely would not have made it into the Hall without McClains support, atleast in his first year of eligibility.

Vinny
08-14-2006, 12:23 PM
about his performance on the Friday afternoon session on 610 (not this mornings): it was vintage McClain and very informative and entertaining.
He is an NFL insider, and when his memory is with him and functioning as it was Friday, he can tell some good anecdoes and even offer a touching if not profound experience he had in his lenthy travels.
And I thought he was pretty classy of him in saying it was no big deal that Moon forgot to mention him in his HOF acceptance speech, because you know it had to. And by many accounts, Moon defintely would not have made it into the Hall without McClains support, atleast in his first year of eligibility.Moon and Bethea both. I think Moon would have been in eventually, but not first ballot. Bethea never gets in without McClain. JM deserves some respect for that imo. I agree about his connections and his contacts. You don't have to be a great analyst to be a good reporter and JM doesn't pretend to be an x's and o's guy...to his credit, but McClain is certainly an NFL insider.

HOU-TEX
08-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Moon and Bethea both. I think Moon would have been in eventually, but not first ballot. Bethea never gets in without McClain. JM deserves some respect for that imo. I agree about his connections and his contacts. You don't have to be a great analyst to be a good reporter and JM doesn't pretend to be an x's and o's guy...to his credit, but McClain is certainly an NFL insider.

I don't think this was his first ballot, was it? Maybe I'm wrong.:confused:

AFD1717
08-14-2006, 03:02 PM
I don't think this was his first ballot, was it? Maybe I'm wrong.:confused:
I think it was his first ballot.

gjmac2
08-14-2006, 03:08 PM
And I thought he was pretty classy of him in saying it was no big deal that Moon forgot to mention him in his HOF acceptance speech, because you know it had to. And by many accounts, Moon defintely would not have made it into the Hall without McClains support, atleast in his first year of eligibility.

Still, enough with the HOF crap. Enough already. We get it. You won an award. :brickwall :thankyou:

He and Rich Lord can really get on my nerves. Something about Rich just rubs me the wrong way. :mad:

Meloy
08-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Still, enough with the HOF crap. Enough already. We get it. You won an award. :brickwall :thankyou:

He and Rich Lord can really get on my nerves. Something about Rich just rubs me the wrong way. :mad:I listen to McClain for humorous comments on things he has picked up over the years. Spencer Tillman mentioned John's work on behalf of Moon. I listen to Rich Lord when Pallilo goes on break or is off that day. CP seems to offer me more of "Oh, yeah, I did not consider that" aspect to sports. I am glad that 790 is offering an alternative to 610 mornings & I'll flip between. McClain IS in the Hall. Let him strut just like you or I would.