PDA

View Full Version : To me its simple!!!!

Ibar_Harry
08-14-2006, 03:02 AM
Last year we won two regular season games and no preseason games and looked horrible. We won our 1st game this year - I have predicted many more to come this year - and I'm quite happy. Was it a perfectly played game. Heck, no, but it was played well enough by us to post a win. That's all that matters. Kubiak was happy, BJ was happy, Moulds was happy, Lundy was happy and so many others were happy. So why be stressed when there is no need to be. There were a lot of good things and a lot of bad things, but nothing that isn't correctible.

To play as badly as we did last year and play as well as we did in this game says a whole lot. I keep saying just sit back and relax and enjoy the games. We are in for a long satisfying season. Good luck to all.

HJam72
08-14-2006, 03:15 AM
Hopefully Capers influence on this team will continue to help us win games for a while until we can get a real coach again. :stirpot: :wacko:

texman8
08-14-2006, 03:30 AM
Last year we won two regular season games and no preseason games and looked horrible. We won our 1st game this year - I have predicted many more to come this year - and I'm quite happy. Was it a perfectly played game. Heck, no, but it was played well enough by us to post a win. That's all that matters. Kubiak was happy, BJ was happy, Moulds was happy, Lundy was happy and so many others were happy. So why be stressed when there is no need to be. There were a lot of good things and a lot of bad things, but nothing that isn't correctible.

To play as badly as we did last year and play as well as we did in this game says a whole lot. I keep saying just sit back and relax and enjoy the games. We are in for a long satisfying season. Good luck to all.

Ibar, Welcome back from the dark side! I used to think your posts were so negative or cynical...(ahem) there were some justification for such thoughts. But,hey it is so refreshing to read your postive ( not polly) posts.

It's too bad Bush or VY supporters have to put down Mario to accentuate their love for their guy. ( Rich Lord?) I ,personally don't wish any ill will on RB or VY. I' m happy to support the Texans. Yes, if Texans can (execute) like they like did in their first game....no sacks, few penalties....we are in for a very satisfying ( ahhh!) season. :lightbulb: :redtowel: :bananasplit:

touttail
08-14-2006, 07:01 AM
As I said in the past, it's one thing to lose a game. It's another to be totally embarassed as we were most games last season.

I always wanted us to get some swagger back on our team. Our first preseason game, we are definitely going in the right direction. We won, we weren't embarassed, and we made a "swagger step". We can hold our heads up for the first time in a while. We played hard and played smarter.

Kudos to Kubes and our coaching staff for a job well done in preparing our team for the beginning of the season.

Bobby 119C :highfive:

The Preacher
08-14-2006, 08:40 AM

In my world relax and sit back simply don't seem possible when watching my favorite teams, either winning or losing. It's more like :jam: or :brickwall. I'm working on it but I get your point, there is a much more smooth vibe to the whole atmosphere so far.

goodnews boy
08-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Hopefully Capers influence on this team will continue to help us win games for a while until we can get a real coach again. :stirpot: :wacko:

What? Put the crack pipe, Dude.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-14-2006, 08:58 AM
[QUOTE=texman8]Ibar, Welcome back from the dark side! I used to think It's too bad Bush or VY supporters have to put down Mario to accentuate their love for their guy. ( Rich Lord?) QUOTE]

I am glad to see you mention Rich Lord, this guy is a joke, he slams the Texans daily, has mearly anything positive to say from any game, even on the drive home after the game, he says Houston don't get excited, anyway he is a joke a needs to be fired from 610, we as fans have a right to get excited about a win, that is a positive step in the right direction..... No NFL team plays perfect every Sunday, there is always room for improvement, so he needs to acknowledge it........Everyone please let me know how you feel about Rich Lord.......since we touched the topic.

HJam72
08-14-2006, 09:02 AM
What? Put the crack pipe, Dude.

Maybe you don't know this, but there's a reason I have a "stirring the pot" and a "crazy" icon(s) in that post. I was just kidding around.

Texans Horror
08-14-2006, 09:05 AM
Being anal, but I thought we beat Oakland during last year's preseason. I am very happy about the win and the confidence, but I'll feel better after we start winning during the regular season.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Yes Oakland was a win last year........just to back you up

Texans Horror
08-14-2006, 09:36 AM
Thanks.

TexanBacker93
08-14-2006, 10:48 AM
Being anal, but I thought we beat Oakland during last year's preseason. I am very happy about the win and the confidence, but I'll feel better after we start winning during the regular season.

Although it, like many of the wins under Capers, didn't feel as good. A win is great, but until the end of the 4th quarter the Chiefs had only 17 yards passing and under 100 rushing while the Texans had over 300 in total offense. This one felt like a win. I didn't walk out of the stadium feeling like the Texans stole a game.

Sarg01
08-14-2006, 10:56 AM
This one felt like a win. I didn't walk out of the stadium feeling like the Texans stole a game.

QFT. It wasn't as close as the scoreboard suggested. At no time during the second half did it ever feel like the Chiefs were in the game. Even during the first part of the game, it really felt like Texans vs. Larry Johnson and the Pro-Bowl-Boys.