PDA

View Full Version : What If...

TexanFanInCC
08-14-2006, 12:00 AM
the texans win 9 or 10 games and mario williams has an obvious subpar season (knock on wood hopefully he wont and he shouldnt). what would u think? would u stay on his bandwagon or initiate more reggie bush talk?

Napa Auto Parts
08-14-2006, 12:04 AM
i think most of us texans fans would take a winning season than a Record setting year by one player i would be happy with 9-10 wins and mario only having 5 sacks. but i truely believe having mario williams will help our whole defensive unit.

Hutch13
08-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Winning cures many things including a subpar season by mario williams.

TexanFanInCC
08-14-2006, 12:13 AM
i would think so too.

Insideop
08-14-2006, 02:45 AM
the texans win 9 or 10 games and mario williams has an obvious subpar season (knock on wood hopefully he wont and he shouldnt). what would u think? would u stay on his bandwagon or initiate more reggie bush talk?

Even if the Texans only win 5 or 6 games and Mario has a subpar (What would be a "subpar" season in your opinion?) season I still would support Kubiak and staff's selection of him. "The race doesn't always go to the swiftest," and "Rome wasn't built in a day," to use a couple of old cliches that I think not only describe Mario, but maybe the team as a whole. I know it's hard, but we must be patient with both! The wins will come (Last night was the 1st of many I hope!) and for Mario, I think the sacks will too! JMHO!

:gotexans1

Dime
08-14-2006, 02:56 AM
You all have to know that if we win ALL of our games with 300 yards rushing a game, go to the superbowl and win it by 30 points pure rushing, they would still say "Man, just think how good the Texans would be if they had drafted Reggie Bush".

TexanSam
08-14-2006, 02:59 AM
If we win 9 or 10 games with a subpar running game and Reggie Bush is a 1300 yard rusher then I'm sure some of us will question the Mario pick (especially if he doesn't have a good rookie year).

TK_Gamer
08-14-2006, 03:02 AM
yep and someone would also say "see I told you Carr was no good"
ive kinda accepted that those people will always be there, no matter what, it makes them happy to complain. who are we to deny them , ...I guess

thunderkyss
08-14-2006, 09:34 AM
You all have to know that if we win ALL of our games with 300 yards rushing a game, go to the superbowl and win it by 30 points pure rushing, they would still say "Man, just think how good the Texans would be if they had drafted Reggie Bush".

Ain't that the truth..................

HJam72
08-14-2006, 09:38 AM
If we win 9 or 10 games and Mario has an obviously subpar season, I'll say, "Well, we shouldn't have just used him as punter." :)

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Just having a better record than last year is all that matters, and as far as Mario on the field, his pressence alone will drive a offense crazy, I know if I was the man assigned to block him I would just run.....

HJam72
08-14-2006, 10:11 AM
...if I was the man assigned to block him I would just run.....

Is it holding if I am just hanging on for my life?

TexanBacker93
08-14-2006, 10:16 AM

Initiating Reggie Bush talk won't change anything. Regardless of who anyone wanted the Texans to draft, the choice was Mario Williams.

I'm a firm believer in the whole of the team is greater than the sum of the individuals. If the Texans get 9 wins that is a successful season no matter how well any individual performed. If Mario gets only 5 sacks, but the team is in the top 10 for defense and they are winning games it won't matter.

I'd also prefer more than 35 sacks on the year. I think this team can get in the 40s with the D-Line they've assembled.

beerlover
08-14-2006, 10:20 AM
Kubiak > Bush

thunderkyss
08-14-2006, 10:20 AM
Again, in all honesty we still have guys griping about the '02 draft....... why would we expect this one to be any different??

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-14-2006, 10:21 AM
I'm a firm believer in the whole of the team is greater than the sum of the individuals, what someone said above......that is a perfect way to say it, look what it did for the New England Patriots, more a team thing than a bunch of stars on the team produced stellar results........

HJam72
08-14-2006, 10:23 AM
If this teams gets a lot of sacks, you can bet that it will be partly because of Williams, whether he gets a lot himself or not.

Sarg01
08-14-2006, 11:06 AM

I was hoping we'd bring in Reggie. However, we didn't, so why would I live in the past? It doesn't matter how well or poorly Mario does, we can't go back and make the other decision. Ergo, there's no point *****ing about it.

... especially not at a position where players rarely make a first year impact.

jdog
08-14-2006, 11:31 AM
I think DE was a good choice. I think Mario was the right person to select. He might have a subpar season compared to the expectations for him. I suggest keeping our expectations high, staying on his butt, but being supportive and constructive and never second guessing the decision because it will be better long term.

The Pencil Neck
08-14-2006, 08:56 PM
If we win 9 or 10 games with a subpar running game and Reggie Bush is a 1300 yard rusher then I'm sure some of us will question the Mario pick (especially if he doesn't have a good rookie year).

Woulda, shoulda, coulda... I really don't care about speculation like that. None of that matters. We are who we are and we do what we do. As long as we look like a team that deserves to be playing in the NFL and the commentators aren't wondering if the best college team in the NCAA can beat us, I'll be happy.

Toro
08-15-2006, 12:06 AM
I don't care if the Texans go 16-0 and wins the Super Bowl while Williams sets the single season sack record, or goes 0-16 and finishes atop the draft charts again with Williams doing absolutely nothing, there's no point whatsoever in looking back and speculating what might have been.

At this point, I'm happy with the pick. Will my opinion change in 3 years? Who knows? Talk to me then for an answer. What I know now is this-- until Williams gives me reason to scorn, I'm going to give the front office and scouts the benefit of the doubt and assume they knew what the hell they were doing with that pick.

Mike Kerns
08-15-2006, 12:19 AM
Well, I thought I was over it. Seriously. I left the game Saturday night feeling real positive. THen I tune into NFL Network and see the much discussed Reggie scamper for however many yards it was and I felt like I was going to puke......Hopefully it will pass... Hearing them trash us on PTI today didnt help either...

The Pencil Neck
08-15-2006, 01:27 AM
Hearing them trash us on PTI today didnt help either...

That actually ticked me off to the point that I sent them an e-mail.

Texans86
08-15-2006, 02:19 AM

(Turns back time) What if the Texans go 2-14 next season and Travis Johnson has a sub par season. Would you stay on his bandwagon, or initiate more Derrick Johnson talk? (Sorry, seems to fit here)